MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Apr 30 - May 6
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Apr 30 - May 6

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
05-09-12, 7:06 PM

jmal said:
Sir_Lexa said:
Shocking. I actually thought Kajiura + Kalafina would outsell LiSA easily...
I LiSA really that big of an idol over there in Japan?

Angel Beats! music sold phenomenally well in all forms, LiSA or otherwise, so that certainly got her well known at least in anisong circles. I think that Oath Sign being the OP to the first cour/season is a bit of an advantage too, as sales attrition over time is normal.

I believe this is the case.

05-10-12, 2:21 AM

Miya_F_Exia said:
jmal said:
Sir_Lexa said:
Shocking. I actually thought Kajiura + Kalafina would outsell LiSA easily...
I LiSA really that big of an idol over there in Japan?

Angel Beats! music sold phenomenally well in all forms, LiSA or otherwise, so that certainly got her well known at least in anisong circles. I think that Oath Sign being the OP to the first cour/season is a bit of an advantage too, as sales attrition over time is normal.

I believe this is the case.

Actually I think it's more that LiSA has both Fate/Zero and Angel Beats fans buying her single while Kalafina have only Fate/Zero fans. 'to the beginning' is Kalafina's best-selling single to the date, barely surpassed their 'Magia' single. Kalafina has more niche fanbase than LiSA.

05-10-12, 8:26 AM

Even so, Kalafina comes from a very successful single (at least for them) from a VERY successful tv series so you'd expect that this would boost TTB's sales a bit more than it did.

05-14-12, 7:48 PM

Sakamichi no Melody is epic :D. Glad it got the 23k+ sales

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices