Forums
New
21.1%
5.3%
5.3%
21.1%
47.4%
19 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 7, 2012 1:07 PM

Feb 2012
ZBurn said:
Okay heres why i think Tsunade is a Fail.
Tsunade sucks becuase even if she was tired out she was gettin her ass handed to her by kabuto in part one. the same kabuto who basically shit his pants in the presence of a 12 year old Sasuke.
She sucks because she poisoned jiyaria in part 1. S
he sucks becuase as hogake she got brushed to the side by Naruto and told to go and drink tea.
She sucks becuase her number one student is a complete fail. ( a good teacher makes a good student).
She sucks because her summons is a slug :/. ( with healin powers or not thats a fuckin lame summons) she also sucks becuase she is an drunk.
She sucks because she let a renegade Uchiha leave the village and join Oro-the same thing Sarotobi was trying to avoid for years, the whole frickin village was attacked becuase of Oro wanting Sasuke!!!
She sucks becuase she sent a buch of kid's and a Teenager to retrieve Sasuke from Oro and his dudes
So yeah she's an amazing Hokage and im being totally biased.
You are being biased.

Your list doesn't tell me she's useless at all. It just tells my you hate Tsunade. Hate and useless are two different things. Tsunade is integral to Naruto and I listed why. Your list is just full of bias.

- Tsunade had the upperhand on Kabuto until he cut himself and scared her with blood. This was part of her character. Later on in the fight she got over her fear of blood and owned Orochimaru.
- How does she suck because she poisoned jiraiya? She was dealing with inner conflicts. She wanted her loved ones revived by Oro and didn't want Jiraiya to interrupt because she knew Jiraiya wouldn't have let her go with it. Of course, she made the right decision by rejecting Oro's proposal.
- Complete fail? Not really. She's a decent fighter as seen in her fight with Sasori. She also has healing abilities which has proven useful many times. She's annoying, not useless.
- Not sure how her summon has anything to do with it. If you didn't notice, the sannin were based off japanese myth that involved a Snake, Frog, and Slug.
- This makes no sense. Had Sasuke not left we wouldn't have Naruto. It's pretty much part of the main story for Sasuke to leave.
- Again, this was part of the story. I also think there was a reason to it like Jounins being busy.

So again. Your hatred for Tsunade has blinded you into thinking she's useless.
YveseMay 7, 2012 1:10 PM
May 7, 2012 1:13 PM

Feb 2012
Yvese said:
ZBurn said:
Okay heres why i think Tsunade is a Fail.
Tsunade sucks becuase even if she was tired out she was gettin her ass handed to her by kabuto in part one. the same kabuto who basically shit his pants in the presence of a 12 year old Sasuke.
She sucks because she poisoned jiyaria in part 1. S
he sucks becuase as hogake she got brushed to the side by Naruto and told to go and drink tea.
She sucks becuase her number one student is a complete fail. ( a good teacher makes a good student).
She sucks because her summons is a slug :/. ( with healin powers or not thats a fuckin lame summons) she also sucks becuase she is an drunk.
She sucks because she let a renegade Uchiha leave the village and join Oro-the same thing Sarotobi was trying to avoid for years, the whole frickin village was attacked becuase of Oro wanting Sasuke!!!
She sucks becuase she sent a buch of kid's and a Teenager to retrieve Sasuke from Oro and his dudes
So yeah she's an amazing Hokage and im being totally biased.
You are being biased.

Your list doesn't tell me she's useless at all. It just tells my you hate Tsunade. Hate and useless are two different things. Tsunade is integral to Naruto and I listed why. Your list is just full of bias.

- Tsunade had the upperhand on Kabuto until he cut himself and scared her with blood. This was part of her character. Later on in the fight she got over her fear of blood and owned Orochimaru.
- How does she suck because she poisoned jiraiya? She was dealing with inner conflicts. She wanted her loved ones revived by Oro and didn't want Jiraiya to interrupt. Of course, she made the right decision by rejecting Oro's proposal.
- Complete fail? Not really. She's a decent fight as seen in her fight with Sasori. She also has healing abilities which has proven useful many times. She's annoying, not useless.
- Not sure how her summon has anything to do with it. If you didn't notice, the sannin were based off japanese myth that involved a Snake, Frog, and Slug.
- This makes no sense. Had Sasuke not left we wouldn't have Naruto. It's pretty much part of the main story for Sasuke to leave.
- Again, this was part of the story. I also think there was a reason to it like Jounins being busy.

I was given reasons why she fail as an Hokage thus failing as a character because theres no other reason for her to be in the series, and of course some of points were jokes.
Sakura vs Sasori-the whole was bs. Only because the old bat was there
Sasori would go to town on Sakura. She'd get raped, literally. Sakura only lived against Sasori because of Chiyo, without her, Sakura would've died in seconds.

And Sakura may know how Sasori fights, but Sasori also knows how Sakura fights, and he doesn't have to focus on 2 people this time.

And Sasori wouldn't fall for her stupid "playing dead" thing twice, so she wouldn't kill one of his puppets that easily again. She'd have to dodge, get closer, which will in turn make it harder to dodge, and then finally be close enough to kill a puppet. She'd have to do that about 103 times. Once for Sasori's first puppet in which he hides in, again for his Kazekage puppet, 100 times for each of his 100 puppets, and then again aganist Sasori himself.
Sasori never lost to Sakura he lost to plot no jutsu lol. And i do not hate Tsunade. Just cause i think she's worthless doesnt mean i hate. I actuall find her character as acomic relief everytime she fights, same for Sakura and for Yamacha
IciBurnMay 7, 2012 1:31 PM
May 7, 2012 1:25 PM
Apr 2012
I agree Sakura is a fail so is Tsunade. There weak like Kabuto so medical ninjustu was their last option.Although kabuto is badass with sage mode-dragon style.
Sasori didnt lose to Sakura he lost to plot no justsu

Lol best line ever
May 7, 2012 1:39 PM

Jan 2008
Surprised the thread hasn't been bombarded with harem leads.
May 7, 2012 1:42 PM
May 2010
Paul said:
Surprised the thread hasn't been bombarded with harem leads.

I would do that, but there are so many and they are all so similar I can not remember any individual names and just remember them as the collective 'harem leads'
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 1:49 PM

Dec 2008
tea from yugioh? really? no one has said it yet?
Fur Sure
May 7, 2012 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
Since I've already read one person call Madoka Kaname useless, just to throw this out here..

The only useless characters I can think of are harem leads/girls.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
May 7, 2012 2:08 PM
May 2010
Madoka spoilers.

Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 2:24 PM
Apr 2012
Sakura is pretty useless. The series would be better without her. Kishi even siad in his interview he forgot about Sakura during the war lol.
KimuraMay 7, 2012 5:08 PM
May 7, 2012 4:05 PM

Mar 2009
Orihime (Bleach)
Yukiteru (Mirai Nikki)

and others.
May 7, 2012 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
1. Tenten - Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden
2 - Lisanna Strauss - Fairy Tail
3 - Amano Yukiteru - Mirai Nikki
May 7, 2012 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
Pannya from Mashiro-iro Symphony. Nobody knows what species it is and nobody seems to care.
---
May 7, 2012 4:27 PM

Aug 2011
Goodanimeluvr said:

But... she provides the power of friendship!
May 7, 2012 4:28 PM
Nov 2010
Why Yukiteru?

May 7, 2012 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
Goodanimeluvr said:

Well, she did win that one fight against Mai... Which helped Yugi out if I remember correctly. Also, their was that one duel against penguin character in season 3 I think.

So, she's not totally useless. :p
May 7, 2012 4:36 PM
Sep 2011
Z-flame said:
Why Yukiteru?

And...
May 7, 2012 4:44 PM

Apr 2011
Usopp from One Piece..... what a worthless shitball honestly.
May 7, 2012 4:47 PM
Nov 2010
RLinksoul said:
Z-flame said:
Why Yukiteru?

And...

For a character to considered completely useless he/she must have zero interaction to the story be it directly and indirectly.
May 7, 2012 4:50 PM
May 2010
Z-flame said:
RLinksoul said:
Z-flame said:
Why Yukiteru?

And...

For a character to considered completely useless he/she must have zero interaction to the story be it directly and indirectly.

Only if you are looking at things from outside the story. They can push the story forward but still be worthless from an inside point of view.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 4:52 PM
Apr 2012
icamehere said:
Your favorite characters are the most useless.

Lol i almost died form laughter looking at his profile. Everyone dont take this douche seriously. His favorite person is Adolf Hitler...yeah go figure.

That being said Makato from School Days is probably the most worthless character created
May 7, 2012 4:54 PM
May 2010
ZLife4 said:
icamehere said:
Your favorite characters are the most useless.

Lol i almost died form laughter looking at his profile. Everyone dont take this douche seriously. His favorite person is Adolf Hitler...yeah go figure.

That being said Makato from School Days is probably the most worthless character created

Makoto has absolutely nothing on Matou Shinji. Just saying.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 5:05 PM
Sep 2011
miereneronaile said:
Only if you are looking at things from outside the story. They can push the story forward but still be worthless from an inside point of view.

Yea if we limited this to "zero interaction to the story" then it would be all background characters. Even Yamcha wouldn't be considered useless in that case, since he was Bulma's love interest until the Android Saga, and still fights even though he doesn't do any good.
May 7, 2012 5:12 PM

May 2010
My top 3 useless characters are from these shows...

Infinite Ryvius

Inuyasha

Zeta Gundam
May 7, 2012 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
1. Lala-Ru from "Now and then, here and there," she was so pointless, the writers could have made the water amulet usable by anyone, but no they decided "let's add a character who does practically nothing until the last 2 minutes of the show and has the personality of a cardboard box!"

2. Nina from Code Geass, stupid racist lesbian cunt-bag does nothing through-out all of season one (minus masturbate to pictures of the princess in a public area) except the last five minutes of episode 5, at least she had more personality then fucking Lala-Ru.

3. Kaori from Akira, why are you even here? Oh you're Tetsuo's girlfriend? Okay I guess that mean you help the plot... Oh wait a minute, no you don't, you serve absolutely no purpose what-so-ever! Well I guess at least you're on the lowest bar and serve as fanservice... Wait a minute, no you don't since you look like a guy. Why are you even here?
May 7, 2012 5:20 PM
Nov 2010
miereneronaile said:
Z-flame said:
RLinksoul said:
Z-flame said:
Why Yukiteru?

And...

Like I pointed out I don't disagree him being considered useless in that sense, but it was the other point of view that I was wondering.
May 7, 2012 5:22 PM
May 2010
@Z-flame Yea, from outside the story almost every character has some worth though. In a thread like this almost ANYONE could be justified as moving the story forward in one way or another.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 6:54 PM

Aug 2011
mdude009 said:

2. Nina from Code Geass, stupid racist lesbian cunt-bag does nothing through-out all of season one (minus masturbate to pictures of the princess in a public area) except the last five minutes of episode 5, at least she had more personality then fucking Lala-Ru.

Nina is definitely a shitty ass character, but she's not useless. She's the one who freaking created the FLEIJA bomb, for God's sake.
May 7, 2012 6:55 PM
May 2010
itsvero said:
mdude009 said:

Nina is definitely a shitty ass character, but she's not useless. She's the one who freaking created the FLEIJA bomb, for God's sake.

This. Hate her as I may, she certainly achieved some pretty major things.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 6:58 PM

Apr 2012
itsvero said:
mdude009 said:

Which she does in the last five minutes of season 1.
May 7, 2012 7:00 PM
May 2010
mdude009 said:
itsvero said:
mdude009 said:

Its still a huge achievement, lol. Its not like she achieved that in a minute, or anything, it was quite obviously something that took time but happened off screen. She had to get that smart SOMEWHERE.

So yes, she does very little ON screen, but she still achieves some pretty major stuff.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 7:14 PM

Apr 2012
miereneronaile said:
mdude009 said:
itsvero said:
mdude009 said:

Its still a huge achievement, lol. Its not like she achieved that in a minute, or anything, it was quite obviously something that took time but happened off screen. She had to get that smart SOMEWHERE.

So yes, she does very little ON screen, but she still achieves some pretty major stuff.

Okay, I'll admit that she did accomplish something big off screen, but on screen she did basically nothing but masturbate to photo's of a girl hugging children.
May 7, 2012 7:15 PM
May 2010
mdude009 said:
miereneronaile said:
mdude009 said:
itsvero said:
mdude009 said:

Okay, I'll admit that she did accomplish something big off screen, but on screen she did basically nothing but masturbate to photo's of a girl hugging children.

Ye well that might be true. Look, I do not blame you for hating her, believe me. Bitch needed to suffer, but sadly the plot gave her one of the biggest defining discoveries, for some reason lol.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 9:00 PM
Apr 2012
1. Kazumi Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana: The Cock-block

2/3 (At the beginning of their respective animes): Ouma Shu and Amano Yukiteru, because both of them really pissed me off in the beginning.
May 7, 2012 10:56 PM

Sep 2010
miereneronaile said:
@Anime_Name, that is because you are either incapable of or unwilling to view the story from inside instead of outside.

Considering how you normally post, its probably just you choose not to.

Viewing the story from inside would mean no character is useless because every function from waiting tables to punching out the big boss would be seen as important.

Looking at a story from the outside and trying to judge each characters worth is the type of though the OP is looking for. While I am talking about the OP it seems he is moving away from worthless/useless and entering into "Why I think a character sucks" ground. Not liking what a character does isn't the same as that character being unimportant to the story.

May 7, 2012 10:57 PM
May 2010
@Anime_Name Suffice to say I disagree. Id argue with you, but alcohol+ internet arguing would make me look like a total moron.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 11:00 PM

Sep 2010
miereneronaile said:
@Anime_Name Suffice to say I disagree. Id argue with you, but alcohol+ internet arguing would make me look like a total moron.

You can disagree all you like but worth is still measure of importance and most of the characters listed here have been at one time or another important to the stories they are in.

Sakura not being in the war arc much doesn't make her importance in other arcs vanish.(Well it doesn't vanish from people with a memory longer than a goldfish.)

And the OP is clearly showing that he'd rather talk about characters he doesn't like than what does or does not make a character useless.

May 7, 2012 11:22 PM
May 7, 2012 11:52 PM

Feb 2012
Relena Peacecraft from Gundam Wing.
I have yet to find a character that annoys me more or is more useless.
All she ever is is a figurehead.
May 8, 2012 12:15 AM

Sep 2010
sisgood said:

Here is an article about Relena: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Relena_Darlian

She seems to be a very busy girl, with some important parts in the story.
What does annoying you have to do with her not being important?

May 8, 2012 12:24 AM

Oct 2008
Anime_Name said:
sisgood said:

People here say a character is useless when it doesn't meet their standards, or when they find them annoying, and therefore they think that he/she does not belong in the Anime. General dislike for a character can also attribute to that, because they feel like they are an obstacle to the other characters, and only serve to slow them down, etc.. There's many reasons, but none of them are right. If people were to actually use the term correctly, not many characters would be named, and the ones that would, would most likely be some obscure characters that are not even worth remembering. I don't really see the point of trying to correct everyone in this thread, because it won't really help in any way. You wont convert people to start using the term correctly. Now, if you're having fun correcting everyone, then that's another story.
May 8, 2012 5:40 AM

Feb 2012
Cant really blame the guy. I dont even know why's he here. Sakura is worthless because the plot of Naruto can move forward if she were dead, same for Tsunade who only contribution to the series is being hokage. She could have easily been replaced with Danzo.
The only thing that affected the plot of Naruto with her involvement is her irrational and stupid decisions, like sending the guy who the Atasuki want after them, or letting the whole village get destroyed from a renegade ninja. If it wasn't for Hinata the series would have ended right there cause Naruto was no match for Pein. What does Sakura contribute to the story, what has she ever done to drive the plot forward? At least on her own..
So are they useful?Yes no characterful is useless in Naruto.Are they worthless? Yes the plot can move forward with our without them but of course i am being biased.
May 8, 2012 6:28 AM

Nov 2010
Anime_Name said:
sisgood said:

this topic is going nowhere fast...
Anime_Name i don't think anything you will say will just go in one ear and out the other...

so if i had to folow the logic of these people i have to say the main in dead note is a worthless douche??? this topic is just full of biased opinions
May 8, 2012 6:40 AM

Sep 2010
Sakura is worthless because the plot of Naruto can move forward if she were dead

The current plot maybe but if you took the time to go over previous arcs it would show Sakura as an semi-essential character to many plots and subplots.

same for Tsunade who only contribution to the series is being hokage. She could have easily been replaced with Danzo.

Again, go over her specific plot points. She has been and is more than just the title of Hokage. Dazno, riight. That makes it clear you pay very little attention to the story being told.

Yes the plot can move forward with our without them but of course i am being biased.

I've never said anything about moving the plot forward. What I've said, along with the others in this thread, is that characters will have different importance in a story and that the few characters mentioned in this topic do have importance to their stories. Having an effect on other characters is more than enough to be considered worthy and useful to a story.

Anime_Name i don't think anything you will say will just go in one ear and out the other...

Good point. It's just another character hate thread. I think I'll increase my number of ignored topics by 1 now.

May 8, 2012 7:09 AM

Feb 2012
Anime_Name said:
Sakura is worthless because the plot of Naruto can move forward if she were dead

The current plot maybe but if you took the time to go over previous arcs it would show Sakura as an semi-essential character to many plots and subplots.

same for Tsunade who only contribution to the series is being hokage. She could have easily been replaced with Danzo.

Again, go over her specific plot points. She has been and is more than just the title of Hokage. Dazno, riight. That makes it clear you pay very little attention to the story being told.

Yes the plot can move forward with our without them but of course i am being biased.

I've never said anything about moving the plot forward. What I've said, along with the others in this thread, is that characters will have different importance in a story and that the few characters mentioned in this topic do have importance to their stories. Having an effect on other characters is more than enough to be considered worthy and useful to a story.

Good point. It's just another character hate thread. I think I'll increase my number of ignored topics by 1 now.
I just checked you profile and i refuse to take you seriously or even reading the rest of what your wrote.Sakura had no main importance in shippuden besides the=

1st arc-Rescue Gaara-one fight that's it.
Hidan and Kakuzu Arc-nowhere in sight

Hunt for Itachi Arc-when the story completely shifts to Sasuke.

Senjutsu Training Arc-nope

Invasion of Pein Arc-all she did was watch and healing Hinata was pointless

Summit of the Five Kages-all she did was almost getting her self killed, she knew she couldn't beat Sasuke so wanted to go with him

3rd Ninja Arc-'if Naruto and Sasuke hurts each other while fighting...whcih one will ill save 1st'? Seem's pretty useless to me, but of course im being baised because i hate Sakura. And i dont count Fllers do your research becuase there non canon

Now if youll excuse me i gtg to school and plz dont come back 'dude with no profile'.
IciBurnMay 8, 2012 7:25 AM
May 8, 2012 7:21 AM

Aug 2011
Sakura - Naruto
Whitebeard - One Piece
Russ Nicholls - Naked Wolves
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2012 7:33 AM

Sep 2010
I just checked you profile and i refuse to take you seriously or even reading what your wrote. No if youll excuse i gtg to go to school and plz dont come back.

This has to do with what? If you think Naruto's absence from my list means I have not watched or read it then you'd be sorely mistaken. Although I admit to having placed Naruto on hold at the start of the War arc in order to catch up on Conan and One Piece. I do a lot of holding and waiting so I don't bother updating my list often.

May 8, 2012 7:34 AM

Feb 2012
Anime_Name said:
I just checked you profile and i refuse to take you seriously or even reading what your wrote. No if youll excuse i gtg to go to school and plz dont come back.

This has to do with what? If you think Naruto's absence from my list means I have not watched or read it then you'd be sorely mistaken. Although I admit to having placed Naruto on hold at the start of the War arc in order to catch up on Conan and One Piece. I do a lot of holding and waiting so I don't bother updating my list often.

Didnt you ignore this Topic?
May 8, 2012 7:40 AM

Sep 2010
ZBurn said:

Didnt you ignore this Topic?

Yes.
Please don't confuse "ignoring" a topic with "never posting again" in a topic.

May 8, 2012 8:03 AM

Jun 2011

How a character with an entire arc revolving around him is useless?
May 8, 2012 10:29 AM
May 2010
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:

You can disagree all you like but worth is still measure of importance and most of the characters listed here have been at one time or another important to the stories they are in.

Sakura not being in the war arc much doesn't make her importance in other arcs vanish.(Well it doesn't vanish from people with a memory longer than a goldfish.)

And the OP is clearly showing that he'd rather talk about characters he doesn't like than what does or does not make a character useless.

Yes, they are important to the stories. To the outside looking in view. Looked at from someone inside the story, though, a few of them could appear quite useless. Using Nina as an example, most of the characters probably dont think developing a wmd is a 'worthwhile' achievement. She could quite easily appear worthless to people inside the story, but never to us outside it.

Also, Sakura acts as a form of motivation for Naruto and some form of moral support for him, so even if her actual actions/fighting dont achieve much.. she still has some impact.(Though she is a horrible woman for some certain shit she says to naruto at one point, but anyway)
miereneronaileMay 8, 2012 10:33 AM
Worships Asparagus.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

35 by joseifan »»
6 seconds ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 9 hours ago

21 by Acctra »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

34 by Zimmu »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

93 by Zarutaku »»
29 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 1 hour ago

16 by Coaghim »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.