3It was OK
16.5%
2Disliked it
8.9%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.1
79 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2008 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just this RAW. Wow this episode is filled with ecchi so just for fun list time:

Ecchi moments:

-Mika in the beginning with the towel and slipping off by accident. The part of her cleavage...well obviously but the LOL part was when she told all that to Yuuto on the phone.

-Shiina and her two friends in the onsen. That was quite revealing cause now we all know the roundness of shiina's boobs and the two others look flat..Ah WTF! O_O buumer!

-The maids and their boobs with simming suit was a first but also ++++++ Hazuki looked good.

-Mika top of her swimsuit falling off but that was done before.

-Haruka was ++++++ with her swimsuit and man are they bigger than I though but a lot of that in this episode....seems they are pushing it.

NOW HIGHLIGHTS:

-The CPR kiss thing was a TOTAL FAILURE! That was close though.

-Screw the idiots we insulted Yuuto and especialy BLONDIE IDIOT! Blonde guy's german sucks! Here is something from me in german to blondie...HERR BLONDIE IST SCHEIZA! (means shit) That's right! You cannot buy Haruka with expensive stuff!

-Yuuto getting sick was priceless! I LOL LOL LOL so much cause I find beings pitiful that are sick just cause of a vehicle....GET USED TO IT AND THAT'S IT!

-Who the Hell is the old gramps????? Don't tell it is the father or the father of Haruka's father?????

So in the end is he going to make it????

INTIMIDATION SUCKS!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 19, 2008 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man, why are rich people in anime such exaggerated rich people.

I hate the part which tells Haruka got her Innocent Smile from a stranger 6 years ago (this stranger being Yuuto), it's just unnecessary. The story is fine with Yuuto being the protector of Haruka's anime-loving, why does he have to be the root for it, too?

The old man reminds me of Sanzenin Nagi's granpa (Hayate no Gotoku, have a look here.
A lot of nice fanservice today^^. I liked this episode much more than the previous 2.

I think Yuuto is gonna be kicking that blondie's ass, its even him who said that a present should make her happy - then presenting some 500-carat dress omfg. Dojikko Aki-chan ftw!
Sep 19, 2008 6:53 AM

Jul 2008
HoaRy said:

I hate the part which tells Haruka got her Innocent Smile from a stranger 6 years ago (this stranger being Yuuto), it's just unnecessary. The story is fine with Yuuto being the protector of Haruka's anime-loving, why does he have to be the root for it, too?

The old man reminds me of Sanzenin Nagi's granpa (Hayate no Gotoku, have a look here.
A lot of nice fanservice today^^. I liked this episode much more than the previous 2.

I think Yuuto is gonna be kicking that blondie's ass, its even him who said that a present should make her happy - then presenting some 500-carat dress omfg. Dojikko Aki-chan ftw!

YOU SAID:The old man reminds me of Sanzenin Nagi's granpa (Hayate no Gotoku,

This WAS STUCK IN MY HEAD! Yes Hayate no Gotoku! The old man also reminded me of him so I guess I SECOND WHAT YOU SAID! Really cleared my head of one thing!
Thanks!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 19, 2008 11:44 AM

Aug 2008
Oh man, the CPR thing was predictable but funny.

You know they have to put a male rival in the end... since next week's the last episode, I'm sure it'll be Haruka valuing Yuuto's present the most. It's never been shown that Haruka likes jewelry.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 19, 2008 11:13 PM

Jul 2008
favorite moment:
cyruzSep 23, 2008 1:46 AM
Sep 20, 2008 1:50 AM

Jul 2008
nice but dont think that shiina will appear in important scenes anymore.
but good lord, the .... are really getting bigger and bigger^^

Sep 20, 2008 2:12 AM

Mar 2008
Ah a beach episode, a must for fan service =P
This was all so predictable, but nevertheless still an very nicely done episode. ^^
The Nogizaka combo is killing me~ Moe-overload... I'm gonna go cool down...

Looking forward to the next episode, and Aki-chan FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2008 10:17 AM
Apr 2008
i lawled so much when the teacher was tricking Yuuto about Haruka needing CPR
Sep 21, 2008 10:21 AM

Jul 2008
I hate it when they do this ''Oh shit..Ehh The anime is almost over. Fast bring in a plot twist". The ending is probably going to suck but there's still hope.
Sep 21, 2008 10:23 AM

Jan 2008

Frankly, I'm surprised that this is the 2nd to last episode left. Liked it though.
Sep 21, 2008 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
I almost thought the party was gonna be on the freaking moon or something o.O"
Sep 21, 2008 8:46 PM
Aug 2008
HoaRy said:

It's pretty hard to write realistic characters of any kind, and cartoons are naturally dominated by caricatures.

The problem isn't limited to rich characters -- have you noticed how huge the buildings are in anime about rich people? Haruka lives in a mansion roughly the size of a California mega-mansion, and even a deserted island has something the size of the Hearst mansion sitting on it in isolation.

Of course, it's not easy to actually infiltrate the upper class and find out how they really spend their money, so writers settle for showing the kind of thing one sees on "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous."

There's an actual Japanese show that is basically a journalist going to very expensive houses and filming how tasteful and well-furnished they are. They should rip off that show -- but it would take more thought and effort than just drawing a huge mansion with diamonds all over it.

Edit:
On a totally different point, did anyone else hate the A.S.S. sub of this ep? Is A.S.S. always prone to omitting lines of dialogue?
Sep 22, 2008 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
A little higher than good. A little lower than great. Kind of a "meh" episode really. I was really into this show episode one through nine and was complaining with friends "this show is perfect, why is it so short?" Now, all I can hope for is they finish the season without causing more damage *cough "Special A" /cough*. 4/5 simply on the grounds of a pity point for a normally good show.

Also, I agree with the "exaggerated rich" theme. It's used almost abusively. Earlier in the season when the father sent the secret guard, helicopters and jets... that was funny since it was short term and made it's impact and was gone. Now we have this protracted "she's rich! OMG! SERIOUS FREAKING BUSINESS!" moment that has me thinking, "Wow... it's like Hayate no Gotoku and Hana Yori Dango... but twice as out of place."

What I mean to say by that is with Hayate no Gotoku, each one of us knew what we were getting into. Hana Yori Dango, shoved it in your face so you weren't surprised when that idiot drove a yacht in. This show, I expected a sense of normality with some exaggerated moments but revolving around the school, his friends and the love triangle. Now we have the insecure main male lead with the "Everybody is rich but me... can I really make her happy?" cliche that will likely last till the end. This will ultimately lead to:
a.) The gift being broken. [Insert retarded story]
b.) He will not go to the party and will give it to her in secret, with the inevitable happiness.
c.) Ill punch the screen because something stupider happens.

And what is up with the German/English/Japanese guy?

Also, I've been to one of those "rich people parties" and it was entertaining but nothing special. I ended up talking about the stock market with people more than anything. None of the "ultra rich looking down on others" stuff happens. At least not so overtly.

@formosan: All I can say is at least I know Japanese on an above-average level or I'd be clueless through the missing text moments.

Now excuse me, I think I've complained past my quota for the day.
Sep 22, 2008 2:19 PM

Jun 2008
yea i cant believe next episode is the final episode i wish there was a second season it was such a fantastic show

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Sep 22, 2008 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
cliched to hell but i loved this episode regardless <3
Sep 22, 2008 8:38 PM

Jun 2008
I'm pretty impressed with this anime so far. Looking forward to the last episode.
Sep 22, 2008 9:01 PM

Jan 2008
sakuko said:

c.) Ill punch the screen because something stupider happens.

beware .. it could really be c.) since Haruka is absolutely incomputable n_n
think about it ^^ all the "eeh´s" u said while watching are caused by
Harukas actions n_n (always increasing her MOE factor ^^)

and about Yuuto .... he still didnt get whats important for her ....
baaaakaaaaa :P there is no chance that Haruka
can fall for that guy xD never nooo way ^_^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Sep 22, 2008 9:06 PM
Sep 22, 2008 10:40 PM

Dec 2007
You know what would suck? If Haruka ended up with Blondie. That would make me LOL and BAWWW at the same time.

But good episode. I don't want it to be last episode already. =[
Sep 23, 2008 12:15 AM

Jun 2007
It would be interesting to see everyones reaction to Yuuto giving Haruka the anime toy. I bet the blond and everyone else will start laughing and call him names and then Haruka will stick up for him and everyone will be in shock to find out she likes anime. Then the grandfather will show up and liven things up since hes bad ass.
Sep 23, 2008 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
It would be interesting to see everyones reaction to Yuuto giving Haruka the anime toy. I bet the blond and everyone else will start laughing and call him names and then Haruka will stick up for him and everyone will be in shock to find out she likes anime. Then the grandfather will show up and liven things up since hes bad ass.

Yeah, probably. If they stick with the cliches at least. Which I imagine they will. No reason not to unless they go for a surprise ending.
Sep 23, 2008 12:25 AM

Apr 2008
Hmm... I found something weird, maybe the script writers screwed up

It was mentioned that Haruka's Bday was on the 20th, which is a Monday (Its this year's Oct calendar btw)
However, Yuuto bought his present on a Sunday, because Nobunaga was talking about a "nichiyou Akiba" (Akiba Sunday), and immediately he got on the car in which the maids said it was Haruka's birthday.

Not really important, but interesting to think maybe the script writers screwed up XD
Sep 23, 2008 12:55 AM

Jun 2007
infinite_zero said:
Hmm... I found something weird, maybe the script writers screwed up

It was mentioned that Haruka's Bday was on the 20th, which is a Monday (Its this year's Oct calendar btw)
However, Yuuto bought his present on a Sunday, because Nobunaga was talking about a "nichiyou Akiba" (Akiba Sunday), and immediately he got on the car in which the maids said it was Haruka's birthday.

Not really important, but interesting to think maybe the script writers screwed up XD

The island is probably in a different time zone.
Sep 23, 2008 12:57 AM

Apr 2008
No, they mentioned it on the car in Japan. Plus it was only a 2.5 hr flight which means it couldn't have been that much of a time difference.
Sep 23, 2008 1:42 AM

May 2008
Vin-nii said:
Good episode, love the CPR bit
same here.
Sep 23, 2008 1:49 AM

Jun 2007
infinite_zero said:
No, they mentioned it on the car in Japan. Plus it was only a 2.5 hr flight which means it couldn't have been that much of a time difference.

Their plane was going super sonic and the only plane, that I'm aware of, that can be used by public people and can reach those speeds was the Concorde, which unfortunately is no longer used. So it's not unrealistic for them to fly into or past a different timezone or three. Here's an excerpt from concorde sst's site

A normal subsonic service took around 7-8 hours to fly from London to New York, but Concorde's average flight time is around 3 hours 30 minutes, but can be slightly longer if the aircraft needs to hold before landing at the local airports. The fastest ever time for the crossing, the fastest ever set by a passenger aircraft, was 2 hours 52 minutes and 59 seconds. This was set by Captain Leslie Scott and his crew onboard G-BOAD, flying from New York to London, on the 7th of February 1996.
Sep 23, 2008 2:30 AM

Apr 2008
About 7:30 in...

Hazuki says on the car "Did you forget it was Haruka's Birthday?" (cant be bthered taking a screenie)

Considering they left during the day and arrived also in the day, probably early afternoon, indicates they could only go back in teh timezone, not forwards?

In any case it doesn't matter so meh.
Sep 23, 2008 3:35 AM
Sep 2008
yeah but the party is at night so it will be teh next day by the time they finish....

i think the blond guy will do something to yuutos present like breaking it....
Sep 23, 2008 4:01 AM

Aug 2008
Haha. This is pretty clichéd as people have said. (Although, the New World Symphony playing in the background was kind of nice and unexpected.) Maybe a little thing I want to add (although I guess it doesn't matter much): he apparently didn't know a thing about CPR. And if he did, it would've been awful for them to fake that she needed it because if it progressed to the chest compressions, it would've been awful had it been a real-life situation (chest compressions on people with beating hearts can disrupt the actual beating of the heart and harm them). But, I guess it's okay since it's not trying to realistically portray it.

Anyway, the episode was pretty good. Not the best, but pretty good.

(Oh yeah. Japan is relatively close to the international date-line so the whole crossing time-zones into the next day doesn't really seem like an excuse. The partying through until the actual day of the birthday seems a bit more feasible but it still kind of seems off because they said the party would be held on a Monday with the 20th meaning the party is one day early.)
Yoo-jinSep 23, 2008 4:07 AM
Sep 23, 2008 4:07 AM
Dec 2007
Wow I didn't think you could put some many clichés in the same episode. It was out of this world, well played !

I didn't like this episode at all as you've guessed, but the "New World Symphony" totally made my day :)
JacutSep 23, 2008 4:12 AM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 23, 2008 5:02 AM

Apr 2008
Wasn't it a little parody of Ouran Host Club ? ; )
Sep 23, 2008 6:48 AM

Jul 2008
Noldor said:
Wasn't it a little parody of Ouran Host Club ? ; )
Yeah I agreed and here is the proof:
cyruzSep 23, 2008 8:10 AM
Sep 23, 2008 10:37 AM

Aug 2008
cliche's and all this was a decent episode. Despite that there is just some sort of innocence in this that still draws you in.

In regards to the cpr scene. I thought they were just trying to get him to kiss her when she was all holding up a peace sign to everyone :p

Sep 23, 2008 10:40 AM

Aug 2008
yes, i agree with the consensus: cliched and over-exaggerated. Plus, I also think that the old man is remiiniscent of Nagi's grandfather from Hayate no Gotokuu.
Sep 23, 2008 10:44 AM

May 2008
next episode is the last
so im guessing in the last episode they are finally gonna kiss yay!!!
Sep 23, 2008 2:38 PM

Jun 2007
can't believe there is only one ep left... i greatly wish for a second season.
mika kinda looked like nanoha.... for awhile in her bath towel....
funny... haruka's dreams and desires are all kinda umm... really hard to achieve? xD
so umm... they are now adding the whole "childhood encounter" thing? well, it doesnt matter as long as haruka keeps being moe
bath scene with shiina and her friends was kinda good... ecchi is not always unwelcomed.
so.. the nogizaka family can also own private islands.... powerful...
old guy looks like grandfather... it so reminded me of hayate no gotoku.
maid-tan's swimsuits were cute.
haruka's swimsuit was umm.... nice...
i loved the nosebleed xD
and umm.... i don't think i could have stopped myself from looking down if i were in that kind of situation... it seems like a rather impossible thing to do...
so umm.... yuuto is getting professional at taking off mika's swimsuits...
insert song was nice
CPR scene was nice..... i loved everyone's participation xD
the kiss better happen next epi
blond german/english guy needs to disappear.... really... what useless character.... besides, wouldn't that dress be kind of heavy?
Yuuto, show them the power of anime figurines!!!!
haruka losing some denseness was nice to see.

/sad at the fact that this will be ending this week...
Sep 23, 2008 3:03 PM

Feb 2008
I was completely loving this episode until that German fellow came along. I guess we do need some drama so that the last episode doesn't drag along but is this the best they could come up with?
I guess 17 minutes of win out of 21 total isn't so bad. Best things about the episode, CPR scene, Haruka being embarrassed about Yuuto staring at her chest, Yuuto bying a figure, I'm sure he's going to score major Haruka points with that one and last but not least the sheer ridiculousness of Haruka's father buying an entire island for her birthday party? They know how to display wealth in anime, don't they :)
Sep 23, 2008 3:29 PM

Jun 2007
infinite_zero said:
About 7:30 in...

Hazuki says on the car "Did you forget it was Haruka's Birthday?" (cant be bthered taking a screenie)

Considering they left during the day and arrived also in the day, probably early afternoon, indicates they could only go back in teh timezone, not forwards?

In any case it doesn't matter so meh.

I think maybe she was refer to 'hey we where planning to pick you up for the party, didn't I tell you' type thing. The party is clearly at night time so like someone already said, it would be the correct date. But ya, its confusing.
Sep 23, 2008 3:32 PM

Apr 2007
hmm a nice decent ep, with Yuuto 1 step closer remembering his long lost childhood memory of meeting Haruka...
I love that CPR fake operation, those 2 drunkard are just win.
pretty much predictable whats gonna happen, but im still lookin forward to it, Hope from Akihabara!!! lol
Sep 23, 2008 11:56 PM

Apr 2007
bah. so predictable I almost killed myself watching it.

in b4 "I don't care about the presents, all I want is to be with you"
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Sep 24, 2008 9:51 AM

Apr 2008
Nice episode. A tad cliché, definitely, but it had a nice feeling attached.
Mika rules xD

One to go :)
Sep 24, 2008 11:59 AM

May 2007
phail...

Way too predictable....
Since ep 9 it started being boring...
No, really. At first, this was pretty much original and intersting.
(Seto no Hanayome + Hayate no Gotoku + Rumbling Hearts + Loads of References)
Well, original my a*s... It was actually somehow fresh, being able to mix all these elements peacefully.
But now, it seems pretty much rushed, and very predictable....
Sep 24, 2008 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
So this was the obligatory beach episode.
Not really good but also not bad.
Sep 25, 2008 4:50 AM

Aug 2008
Somehow I can see how the next episode will be ^^''
絶対大丈夫だよ

Sep 25, 2008 12:42 PM

May 2008
Iwakura_Ritsuka said:
Somehow I can see how the next episode will be ^^''

you too? xD
Sep 25, 2008 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
Yuuto no baaaaakaaaa xD
but i wouldnt say to see how the
next episode is like since its Haruka ^^
she is far away from predictable ^^
but jea in general we all know what
will happens but thats not interesting^^
the only interesting things in the show
are Harukas actions ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Oct 6, 2008 10:55 PM
Mar 2008
Finally an ep that plays on status and actually makes an big impact unlike the earlier eps. Too bad its gonna end.
Oct 13, 2008 1:10 PM

Jul 2008
Inadequate present complex, and a very polar rich person. Quite predictable, 1 more left.
Mar 30, 2009 6:33 AM

May 2007
HoaRy said:
Yeah, bringing in even more cliche, because it wasn't enough? I don't know what the heck is wrong with the producers. It's fine if you're one of the first to use it (eg. Shuffle) but is clearly stupid when that whole thing is overused.

That old man also made me remember of Nagi's grandfather, and I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was Haruka's grandfather.

And did they really have to put up a plot-twist that we know is not gonna work? Of course, nothing would be exciting if they just lived happily ever after. "Oh, we got one more episode but don't know what to do! Oh, I got it! Let's put in some rich, spoiled dude to try and snatch Haruka knowing he will fail to drag on this useless pile of clichés more!"

At least we got some of that broken Japanese that blonde guy talks (which is still cliche, but is at least funny.)

Seto no Hanayome, anyone?
DaBigDMar 30, 2009 6:38 AM
Aug 6, 2009 12:39 AM

Aug 2009
Fun episode. Too bad the next episode is the last one. T_T
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SwordWielder - Sep 25, 2008

118 by toralbabs »»
Feb 4, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

63 by toralbabs »»
Jan 25, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 5, 2008

84 by toralbabs »»
Jan 20, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Aug 28, 2008

55 by toralbabs »»
Jan 17, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Aug 21, 2008

65 by toralbabs »»
Jan 15, 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.