Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2012 9:09 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Sai's warning you about him not having much time left Hikaru ... listen to him! D:
Wow, EVERYONE'S watching this game huh? XD No wonder Waya and Ochi are so surprised ... Ogata, Kuwabara, and Akira too! :P I LOVE Kuwabara, he's so funny ... betting on Hikaru/Sai huh? :P
Ah, it got a bit tense with Sai sitting and not moving ... I'm so glad they managed to work something out. So Sai has to work with a 15 moku deficit huh ... I guess that makes it even. Wow I really can't wait to see the game ... 20 minutes on the first move huh? Sai's got a plan, hasn't he?! I wish I could watch more today ... T_T
Like I've suspected ... Hikaru's voiced by a girl OTL She's really good though! I mean, he really sounds like a boy ... which is good ... right? Lol :P
Ah, everyone's wondering at his strange play next episode ... urgh ... I want to watch it! Sai's so awesome XD
May 1, 2014 6:12 PM

Jun 2011
So freakin intense, even though no one made a move yet!! Then when Sai made a move, I was like "Oh shit, they are going to leave it as a cliffhanger, damn!". I got fucking chills. Onto the next episode!

Lol'd @ Ochi and Waya,
"Who is Shindou?"
"He passed the exam with us, he is our rival.. and he is our friend.."
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 10, 2014 11:11 AM

May 2012
Sai is playing again!!!! Really interesting so let's see how the game will progress!
Jun 19, 2014 11:37 PM

Jul 2013
Wow Hikaru has gotten full of himself. I really wanted to kick him in the face in the first 5 mins of this episode.
Jun 30, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
I really didn't like the fact that Hikaru told Sai to wait until he possesses his third person, that was cruel and selfish. Seriously Sai just wants to play so let him play.

Axlicious said:
Wow Hikaru has gotten full of himself. I really wanted to kick him in the face in the first 5 mins of this episode.

Ditto.

Jan 20, 2015 3:09 AM

Sep 2013
Why do you think so badly about Hikaru?

He is also losing the chance to play a game he really wants to. It's only fair to Sai play because all these people watching and Meijin himself were there because of him.

But still, Hikaru loves this sport as well... and for him it should be a great game, in the same sense it is for Sai. Of course Touya's father want to play him because of Sai, but Hikaru worked a lot as well to get there...

I don't know, I have mixed feelings. I guess you can't be mad by neither of them, it would be unfair to do so.
Feb 4, 2015 6:56 PM
Sep 2009
I guess I'm the only one who thins that Sai is being extremely selfish here and not Hikaru.

Hikaru worked his ass off to get this far and it is a rare honour and opportunity to play someone of such high status so early. Besides Hikaru is a big shot right now with expectations, if he lets Sai play he will attract unnecessary attention and create another future full of disappointments like back when he played Touya for real and he got mad with Hikaru, feeling betrayed and deceived. That game hurt not only Touya but Hikaru as well.

Do you want Hikaru to go through that again? To live behind Sai's shadow for the rest of his life?

It is not an internet game where he could hide player's identity. Whatever happens in this game will fully reflect on Hikaru and I really don't like it.

I'm sorry but Hikaru is right, Sai still can play tons of games. Actually he already did play tons of games! And against all kinds of masters. Sai is the one who is being selfish and only thinking about himself without considering in what kind of position he is putting Hikaru. It is not Sai who has to deal with after effects of his games, but Hikaru.

Like I do understand how Sai feels but I am siding with Hikaru. What Hikaru is doing for Sai right now is a big favor, Sai better behave.

In all honesty while I do not mind Sai, personally I wish he would disappear or find someone else. He starts to become a burden and I'm far more interested in seeing how far Hikaru will go and achieve with his own strength, then watch the drama Hikaru has to deal with every time Sai plays.

It is not fair on Hikaru.
Mar 21, 2015 6:24 PM

Feb 2015
I'm conflicted because I feel for Sai and his concerns but honestly, since he's way OP, it makes sense for a beginner pro to not want him to play. Sighs.

The feels.
Jun 20, 2015 5:18 AM
Aug 2007
I know this is a shounen and shounen are meant to be about fighting using the power of hard work and all that stuff, but sometimes I really wish Sai had taken over someone really lazy who didn't like GO at all.

I'd love to see an anime where an unknown kid comes out of nowhere, destroys everyone because he has an overpowered monster inside him and becomes a legend. I guess it would be a short anime because it would lose "enemies" quite quickly, but it would be quite a sweet ride at least.

That's why I'd love to see Sai take on Touya Meijin at full strength without any handicaps. To see Hikaru become even more famous and more feared.

That said, I can also see why Hikaru doesn't want to let Sai beat Touya Meijin. But if he doesn't let Sai play now, when is he ever gonna let him play? Hikaru is making progress at a stupidly unrealistic pace (typical of shounen), so eventually he'll become at a level where he wants to try his own strength against the best players.
Aug 4, 2015 9:22 AM

Jan 2015
Sai bitching about not being able to play. Well tough luck, maybe you shouldn't have suicided in the first place then. He's the equivalent of nowadays emo idiots.
And why doesn't Hikaru sit down right on him... Sai's a fucking ghost.
Hikaru is nice enough to let him play in the end, but thats gonna bite hime in the ass... again.
Aug 9, 2018 6:18 AM

Feb 2013
I wanted a game without a handicap.
Jul 24, 2020 9:24 AM
Oct 2019
So glad they came to a compromise. I was going to hate Hikaru forever.
Jul 27, 2020 7:14 AM

Dec 2007
when hikaru said in the start of the episode "you are selfish" i actually shouted to the screen "you are the selfish!"
and though the episode title was clear enough, hikaru's reasoning to not let sai play this one was actually reasonable.
Nov 14, 2020 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
anyone else find the smoking shots hilarious in this anime? this anime can be so badass for a board game
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 13, 2022 6:18 PM

Dec 2007
doihavepotential said:
anyone else find the smoking shots hilarious in this anime? this anime can be so badass for a board game
there was one time where i read in the manga the pros talking about cigarets, and a friend saw me read it and asked: "do you read mafia story?" l o l
Sep 28, 2023 1:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sai wil play finally!!! kekeke
Sep 28, 2023 1:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to Ulquiorra
I wanted a game without a handicap.
I wants the same, because is too stonger to play against the Meijin!!!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 22 Discussion

EvianBubble - Apr 1, 2012

7 by Horshu »»
Apr 4, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 20 Discussion

13 by Horshu »»
Apr 4, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 17 Discussion

8 by Horshu »»
Apr 4, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 75 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 21, 2009

54 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jan 23, 3:07 PM

» Help: Hikaru no Go filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 27, 2023

1 by Cottard29 »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.