Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sunshine Sketch
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2008 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hiro and Sae quarreling was very cute, they act like husband and wife :D
Miyako's comments were awesome as always.

Aww.. only one more episode :( New Year's Day
Sep 18, 2008 8:29 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah I just saw too but my connection is shitty so SCREW YOU CAPITALISM! Yeah I find the quarelling to be cute but there is yuri suggestion. It seems that Miyako is the only one that gets the yuri with Sae and Hiro. That maybe also the reason why she is teasing them in that way.

From what I understood the whole dispute resulted over Hiro giving food to Sae in the middle of her job or working time in which it pissed her off but hey they made up and got along.

Hiro eating like nuts was LOL cause it reminded me of Lina from Slayers again. Yoshinoya must have been suggesting some bad stuff to the students since the principal took her in.

I like Yuno's dress after Sae and Hiro make up.

The bamboo tree was nice and the whole scene of that was kind of like the Peach Garden Promise of Ikkitousen between them four. Too bad I could not read the writings then again I intermediate only in japanese but sounds like everyone just wants everyone health, good luck and love to a extent by once again makes fun of Sae and Hiro. The sensei came later with the principal. In the end YUNO FANSERVICE again.

Seriously Sae and Hiro HAVE POTENTIAL YURI FUTURE.

The next seems to be New Year thing but not sure and WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SUBS???
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 20, 2008 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
This is part LOL the way Hiro eats:

Sae must be damn shy to do this:

This is the most beautiful scene of this series so far:
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 21, 2008 10:38 PM
May 2008
hai~ i agree that Sae and Hiro HAVE POTENTIAL YURI FUTURE.
from the opening song, we can saw them have Delphic acting like Hiro write a letter with "heart" and a line with japanese phare(i don't understand japanese) to Sae.

this is a good story, yup they're like husband and wife. from the story, there're showing that they have more "body touching", like holding hand and hugs(from angel999 second pic). emm... if they're not yuri relationship, i'm sure that they must be SUPER BEST FRIEND relation.

Yuno's imagination: Sae and Hiro quarrel, then Sae kick the house and the house damage... i like this part very much! as Sae and Hiro look very cute. haha...how Yuno have this funny imagination, just from Miyako's saying "her room is'BaraBara'"
and make Yuno thinking that Sae and Hiro quarrel(BaraBara), the aparment fall down(BaraBara), and the roses(BaraBara)...she is linking all together.^^

oh ya~ from angel999 3 pic, Sae is wearing long pants, right? but, actually the others scene she is wearing short pants. this is the mistake that i want to say. sorry, i'm censorious.+.+

from their wish, Sae is Wishing Hiro can lose her weight and Hiro wishing Sae always do well in her job. (once again, showing that how deep they care each others), and they all also wishing that they can staying there with happy(Hiro), Sae(no change), healty(Miyako) and lucky(Yuno).

ah~ i'm expecting the ending but, feel sad for reach ending too fast... anyway, Hidamari x 365 is a nice anime.
Sep 21, 2008 10:54 PM

Jul 2008
fuyuki_snn said:
hai~ i agree that Sae and Hiro HAVE POTENTIAL YURI FUTURE.
from the opening song, we can saw them have Delphic acting like Hiro write a letter with "heart" and a line with japanese phare(i don't understand japanese) to Sae.

this is a good story, yup they're like husband and wife. from the story, there're showing that they have more "body touching", like holding hand and hugs(from angel999 second pic). emm... if they're not yuri relationship, i'm sure that they must be SUPER BEST FRIEND relation.

Yuno's imagination: Sae and Hiro quarrel, then Sae kick the house and the house damage... i like this part very much! as Sae and Hiro look very cute. haha...how Yuno have this funny imagination, just from Miyako's saying "her room is'BaraBara'"
and make Yuno thinking that Sae and Hiro quarrel(BaraBara), the aparment fall down(BaraBara), and the roses(BaraBara)...she is linking all together.^^

oh ya~ from angel999 3 pic, Sae is wearing long pants, right? but, actually the others scene she is wearing short pants. this is the mistake that i want to say. sorry, i'm censorious.+.+

from their wish, Sae is Wishing Hiro can lose her weight and Hiro wishing Sae always do well in her job. (once again, showing that how deep they care each others), and they all also wishing that they can staying there with happy(Hiro), Sae(no change), healty(Miyako) and lucky(Yuno).

ah~ i'm expecting the ending but, feel sad for reach ending too fast... anyway, Hidamari x 365 is a nice anime.

LOVE YOUR COMMENTS. BTW the censorious part...there is a lot more fanservice in this one than the other form what I heard from people. Probably the economic crap of DEMAND AND SUPPLY. People most likely wanted that fanservice for this anime. WELL THEY GOT SOME.
Sep 22, 2008 2:05 AM
May 2008
haha... thank you. well, i'm not purposely to search the mistake, i felt strange when the principal arrive. at that scene... i saw Sae wearing long pants then then others sence Sae wearing short pants. and coincidental that you post this pic...

ah~ i admit that i like their clothes, thus, i always "pay attention" to their clothes.^^

oh ya... i forgot to say, Natsume also showing that actually she is caring Sae. thus, when they're meeting in canteen, she looking at Sae and she know there are problem between Sae and Hiro.
i think that she like Sae, even she always quarrel with Sae. i think she is just don't know how to showing her true feeling to Sae.
emm... when Sae gave her Sandwich to Natsume, she is very happy like she got the precious thing. thus, i'm strongly believe that she like Sae.^^
Sep 22, 2008 7:30 AM

Jul 2008
fuyuki_snn said:
haha... thank you. well, i'm not purposely to search the mistake, i felt strange when the principal arrive. at that scene... i saw Sae wearing long pants then then others sence Sae wearing short pants. and coincidental that you post this pic...

ah~ i admit that i like their clothes, thus, i always "pay attention" to their clothes.^^

oh ya... i forgot to say, Natsume also showing that actually she is caring Sae. thus, when they're meeting in canteen, she looking at Sae and she know there are problem between Sae and Hiro.
i think that she like Sae, even she always quarrel with Sae. i think she is just don't know how to showing her true feeling to Sae.
emm... when Sae gave her Sandwich to Natsume, she is very happy like she got the precious thing. thus, i'm strongly believe that she like Sae.^^

So triangle?
Sep 24, 2008 8:48 PM
May 2008
haha... i think..em... no...
as Sae don't know Natsume like her, she always think that Natsume is her friend (when they meet at rubbish collect place, Natsume once again quarrel with Sae, but when the principal asking them, Sae admit that Natsume is her Friend).
but in opposing, during competition Sae also had the feelings of rivairy... you see, when the sport day, Natsume come and deride Sae as her Group(white) already won 5 years. This make Sae angry and 100% want to win in the sports day.

ah~ sorry.. here is no discuss the relationship of them... ^^

In conclusion, Sae kept a special place in her heart for Hiro. and Hiro too. thus, this is the reason that why Sae did't care the others(no include Yuno and Miyako), and Natsume only friend for Sae.^^
Sep 24, 2008 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
fuyuki_snn said:
haha... i think..em... no...
as Sae don't know Natsume like her, she always think that Natsume is her friend (when they meet at rubbish collect place, Natsume once again quarrel with Sae, but when the principal asking them, Sae admit that Natsume is her Friend).
but in opposing, during competition Sae also had the feelings of rivairy... you see, when the sport day, Natsume come and deride Sae as her Group(white) already won 5 years. This make Sae angry and 100% want to win in the sports day.

ah~ sorry.. here is no discuss the relationship of them... ^^

In conclusion, Sae kept a special place in her heart for Hiro. and Hiro too. thus, this is the reason that why Sae did't care the others(no include Yuno and Miyako), and Natsume only friend for Sae.^^

Yeah I agree but can you tell why Natsume blush when Sae wanted to sit with her. If she shy maybe she appreciate Sae then she might be in love with her for appreciation comes falling in love (most anime I see that development).
Sep 25, 2008 12:29 AM
May 2008
yup, Natsume like Sae yet Sae not. She treat Natsume like friend only. Emm... i think if Sae setting as a Yuri character, i think that the best couple for her is Hiro. er... let me say sorry first. As Natsume is a support character, emm... is impossible for Sae and Natsume to develop Couple Relationship. ah~ sorry for my displeased.

yeah, that part(Natsume shy when Sae sitting beside her) is let us easily get that Natsume like Sae.^^

oh ya, do you remember that Sae received a fan letter? actually, i'm thinking that the letter may written by Natsume or Hiro. Yet, Natsume is more possible. As after Sae meet Natsume at the cybe cafe, then Hiro saw Natsume bought Kirara( the manga which Sae post her story). then, later Sae received the fan letter...
Sep 25, 2008 12:41 AM

Jul 2008
fuyuki_snn said:
yup, Natsume like Sae yet Sae not. She treat Natsume like friend only. Emm... i think if Sae setting as a Yuri character, i think that the best couple for her is Hiro. er... let me say sorry first. As Natsume is a support character, emm... is impossible for Sae and Natsume to develop Couple Relationship. ah~ sorry for my displeased.

yeah, that part(Natsume shy when Sae sitting beside her) is let us easily get that Natsume like Sae.^^

oh ya, do you remember that Sae received a fan letter? actually, i'm thinking that the letter may written by Natsume or Hiro. Yet, Natsume is more possible. As after Sae meet Natsume at the cybe cafe, then Hiro saw Natsume bought Kirara( the manga which Sae post her story). then, later Sae received the fan letter...

So I see. Sae and Hiro...good together, yes.
Nov 30, 2008 6:42 AM
Aug 2007
But where was the HAWT MAKE UP SECKS?
Nov 30, 2008 8:07 AM

Feb 2008
I can't help it but i find it so cute how Sae and Hiro avoided each other because they had a fight.

The artwork at the end was great.
Nov 30, 2008 8:24 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

This episode was epic. So cute and hilarious. Zawa zawa lol. Loved it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 30, 2008 10:48 AM

Apr 2008
What made Yuno think of roses after the saying falling apart 2 times? Anyway great ep.
Nov 30, 2008 11:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
metalsnakezero said:
What made Yuno think of roses after the saying falling apart 2 times?

barabara - coming apart / rustling / in pieces / loose / ...
bara - rose

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 1, 2008 1:01 PM
Apr 2007
Anyone else noticed the huge change in animation of this ep? It totally stood out from the rest of the series.

Not that it made it any less enjoyable though. Yuno's barabara had me squealing. <3
Dec 2, 2008 12:31 PM

Apr 2008
I totally loved this episode! It was somewhat less random than the others and the story was really touching.
The ef references and the SZS-style artwork in the end were awesome too ^___^
Mar 25, 2009 3:28 PM

Jul 2008
Whoa, I loved the animation for this episode.

Also, Hiro is pretty moe when she's eating mass amounts of food. :3
Jun 15, 2009 1:45 AM

Jan 2008
Aww, such a sweet episode :D
Dec 8, 2009 3:35 AM

Jan 2009
Dawwww.... glad they made up.

They did some really cool stuff with the animation in this episode too!
Aug 2, 2010 8:43 AM

May 2009
holy shit that was amazing. Felt like a final episode with the step up in animation.
And to top it off, it was raining over here as well. The light pattapatta really amplified the atmosphere in the anime lol
Aug 7, 2010 4:50 AM

Apr 2009
That was one hell of a shiny tree (if you can call it one...).
Nov 29, 2010 2:58 PM
Aug 2008
Heh, Milky Way.

Well, there was the time you flipped her sunny-side-up egg...

Huh! Bamboo appears to be considered a grass.

It seems that wishes aren't particularly effective in this anime. :-D

I like the acrostic in the preview.
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Jul 3, 2012 4:47 AM
Aug 2007
Nice animation in this episode...
Oct 23, 2012 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
The husband/wife episode. Cute.
Nov 1, 2012 5:56 PM

Mar 2012
Yuno's imagination was both adorable and hilarious.
Nov 22, 2012 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
Really, really, really good episode. So many heart warming moments.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 6, 2013 7:11 PM

Apr 2012
angel999 said:

Sae must be damn shy to do this:

My heart melted at this scene; I loved it.

The animation was beautiful this episode. This series just keeps surprising me!

Mar 26, 2014 2:23 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was so SHAFT lol
May 23, 2014 4:28 PM

May 2012
The art in this one sure was impressive, quite lovely episode as well so let's see what the last episode has to offer us of this season!
Aug 4, 2014 10:53 PM

Aug 2013
Hiro and Sae are really perfect for each other. That pillow hug ;___; Ahhh so cute!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 28, 2015 5:13 PM

Oct 2012
The end with tanabata wishes was great and aftercredits make-up scene too but everything before... well... it's always kinda bad when art style is screaming for viewer's attention more than actual story (which wasn't bad but well). Change of animation was weird and odd for this series. I'm not saying it was done badly but it really didn't fit into context of Hidamari.

Shaft being Shaft isn't always a good thing when they don't know the limits.
Feb 6, 2021 5:19 AM

Feb 2020
Heartwarming episode. Hiro and Sae were so cute. I'm happy that quarrel didn't last too long.

SerafosJan 8, 1:59 AM
Apr 6, 2021 12:52 AM
Oct 2019
My favorite episode of the show yet, wonderfully done, every moment of this was superb
Feb 10, 2023 3:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hiro and Sae's relationship is great, good that they quickly made up from that argument :)

More topics from this board

» Hair Gloss/Light reflection thingy

IbnAurum - May 18, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
May 20, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x 365 Episode 9 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 28, 2008

31 by BubbleBark »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x 365 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kionniko - Jul 4, 2008

53 by shannay »»
Mar 25, 2023 5:28 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x 365 Episode 13 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 25, 2008

37 by Ashhk »»
Feb 10, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x 365 Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 11, 2008

28 by Ashhk »»
Feb 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.