Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 9, 2013 4:35 AM

Oct 2012
it's depend on taste though, but still someone who hating this series because of merely rank on top 3 are pathetic. probably if gintama for example on 100s they wont give a damn thing about this series, LOL. Open your eyes guys, MAL Rating is just an illusion LOL

GINTAMA is AWESOME

Jul 10, 2013 5:13 AM

Jun 2013
GINTAMA IS AWESOME.

But for you to start laughing really really hard. I suggest you to start at episode 31.
Jul 12, 2013 10:17 AM

May 2012
Seikunai said:
GINTAMA IS AWESOME.

But for you to start laughing really really hard. I suggest you to start at episode 31.
Well no, because then you wouldn't know who the characters are.

Always start at episode 1.
Jul 21, 2013 7:07 AM

Jun 2008
Well I'm not a hater but I understand people who don't like this show. The humour is sometimes exaggerated, also too many refferences to Japanese culture makes it difficult to understand. I found some episodes extremely enjoyable and some episodes extremely boring.
DizzeeJul 21, 2013 7:10 AM
Jul 22, 2013 5:00 PM
Aug 2011
well, there a lot of reason someone would dislike gintama i think..
this is some of reason that i can think of :
1. they get bored with introduction ep, gintama has a hell a lot of character too introduce.
2. they just dont like the jokes, wheter they dont understand it or its not really their jokes (gintama jokes is just really hardcore i think, dirty adult jokes, refence jokes, cultural jokes)
3. too much / wrong expectation. bcoz gintama fan is really crazy bout gintama. it was ranked #1. n some of ppl might think that it has masterpiece storyline from start or something that better than the all other animes they have watched (in fact it probably true but only in few story arc like sogou's sister arc other than that is just nonsense hillarious episode)
4. some other anime fanboy with their pathetic motive ( jut see how it happen at football, when some team fans hate the other team.. it just lol)
5. some ppl that hate mainstream anime or things that is so popular, u know that is a lot of ppl like that (they proud with their unique taste that not much known)

im a diehard gintama fanboy, i know sometime it irked me when someone dont like gintama, but when im thinking calmly well thats not really weird..
in fact im also dislike some of mainstream anime bcoz it has too much filler, too much shounen things (hmm somethings like defeating boss n there will be stonger boss appear next, an unlimited loop that will tire me out at some point)
im also annoyed at some type tsundere ( most of rie kugimiya tsundere).. but i realized that is nothing wrong their tsundere it just bcoz they way mc react with their tsundere act..
if u guys watched kaze no stigma that was my favorite bcoz the way mc treat the tsundere heroin, also things like full metal panic where mc is just hillarious n obvious with tsundere heroine

well as gintama fan just become an adult n try just laugh the things that dont go with ur way , that how gin-san has taught me :D
Aug 21, 2013 1:42 PM
Aug 2013
Well as a gintama [hardcore] fan I have trouble understanding how anyone could not like it.
Though it's logical some would not.
I, luckily never crossed path with a hater (with people who didn't like it yes but that's a different thing).

For those who stopped watching at the first episode, I will say this : Episodes one and two are fillers (and bad ones at that), when I try to make people watch the anime I Always tell them to avoid episode 1 & 2 at all costs. It actually begins at episode 3 !
I also tell them that it has a really slow beginning. And to introduce the anime you have to show an episode that goes according to his/her references (I often use the last part of episode 99 with then virtual RPg, episode 119 and its DBZ Parody, or Episode 72 with Katsura trying to get his driving licence or even episodes 50 and 150 with the false end and the 'how will we show it's a 2nd season' question, for the comedy, and the first serious arc I get my hands on because it's so hard to chose between them). For example I don't find the toilet paper episode especially funny so if you ever wanted me hooked it wasn't the episode to show me.
As it has been said before the good episodes really begin after the Umibozu arc. The thing is, new Gintama characters keep getting introduced, and some of the best are very late (Tsukuyo for examble, or Nobume who actually becomes great with time).

The amazing thing with gintama is that its serious arcs are just amazingly well balanced in comedy, drama, action and character development. One of the rare times I cried in my life were over the Mitsuba arc(ep 86/87). and there are at the very least 50 serious episodes (I only counted the very serious arcs, so some like ryuugujou aren't part of it) in the anime they're usually four episodes long which is why they're really well balanced.
to actually get introduced to Gintama, one should watch the Ova and 1st movie, (the movie actually introduce most characters in a way), since the movie is the remake of the first really serious arc.
Those are the reasons why most people think Gintama is the best anime. Because believe me, Gintama's dirty jokes isn't naturally my kind of humor, I have a very dry, sarcastic and often times subtle kind of humor and usually avoid vulgar jokes....Gintama is one of the rare things that makes me like it because surrounding those dirty jokes there is depths, references, and sometimes a very subtle kind of humor....However you've got to reach at the very least episode 150 to get it entirely.

Which is why I understand to OP who got mad because someone hated on Gintama after just 5 episodes of watching when we know it's so much more.
Not liking it is one thing hating on it is a different ordeal entirely.
However it is very hypocrite of him/her for saying that of Naruto (though if she watched the whole series then she can actually express an opinion which is more than what her friend did). I myself don't like it, it had potential at the beginning but wasted it around the Chuunin exam so I can understand why she could feel offended by the comparison but that's not something you can say in a forum like that, it's just an appeal to haters.
I also understand the need to vent off his/her frustration like it so it's not as much a big deal as most comment here make it out to be.
GokuzerossAug 21, 2013 1:48 PM
Aug 21, 2013 2:23 PM

Sep 2012
I don't hate gintama I just don't think it's consistently funny. The times it is funny are hilarious though and you won't find an anime that does it better. I have shallow feelings for Ginatama love it when its funny, but lose interest when its not.Comedy is extremely subjective. The hate gintama gets is understandable cause comedy doesn't translate well between people and cultures. Its hardly the end of the world if someone doesn't like it after all it is one of the top shows on mal and the opinion is universal that it's "good". So don't get up set if others don't like it they just have a differant taste/opinion than you. If I say or think everyone should like "Snickers" and some don't whom am I to call them ignorant? Our expectations of what other should like/enjoy are based on our own enjoyments. It is hardly fair to have this expectation.
Aug 23, 2013 12:08 AM

Apr 2009
As someone who doesn't watch anime any more, Gintama is about the only anime I will bother watching these days, simply because it is so funny and does not take itself seriously. The great thing about Gintama too is that it references not only Japanese culture in its jokes, but pop culture from the West as well. So I don't understand why it's not more popular outside Japan.
Aug 23, 2013 5:30 AM
Aug 2013
Chibiginger said:
The hate gintama gets is understandable cause comedy doesn't translate well between people and cultures. Its hardly the end of the world if someone doesn't like it after all it is one of the top shows on mal and the opinion is universal that it's "good". So don't get up set if others don't like it they just have a differant taste/opinion than you. If I say or think everyone should like "Snickers" and some don't whom am I to call them ignorant? Our expectations of what other should like/enjoy are based on our own enjoyments. It is hardly fair to have this expectation.

Ah but dislike and hatred are two very different things. If you dislike it then it's just not your cup of tea, you say why you don't like it and can even have constructive conversations, then leave it at that.
Hatred is just completely illogical, and is usually expressed by bashing which is highly disrespectful and they do it relentlessly. but if you say that you don't like something you have to have at least a good idea of what it is, and unless the 5 episodes seen have at the very least one serious and one entirely humoristic episodes as well as one like the 231th which's funny and heartwarming, giving argument as to why 'Gintama sucks' is not receivable.
Then again people are not known for being reasonable.
I mean I don't like Naruto and I can give reasons why, yet I'm not bashing it (same for Twilight, though I'm close to hating it, I usually give arguments as to why I think it's stupid.)
Aug 26, 2013 7:18 PM
Nov 2011
i didn't read all the comments, as you say you can't compare gintama and naruto, both are different kind of animes. i like both of them.
the matter is easy, we have all different opinions and taste for all the things, included anime.
the thing that i hate the moist are fanboys how constantlyt judges the opinions of other, WHY? if someone like or dislike the anime, its his/her right. or i'm wrong?
you can discuss about the anime you like, but that is not a reason to criticise someone's likes because aren't the same as you.
i said sometimes, this anime is shit, crap, etc. but thats is my opinion, it doesn't mean i hate that anime. it means that it doen't go with my taste of what i like to watch.
Aug 30, 2013 5:26 PM

Sep 2012
Gokuzeross said:
Chibiginger said:
The hate gintama gets is understandable cause comedy doesn't translate well between people and cultures. Its hardly the end of the world if someone doesn't like it after all it is one of the top shows on mal and the opinion is universal that it's "good". So don't get up set if others don't like it they just have a differant taste/opinion than you. If I say or think everyone should like "Snickers" and some don't whom am I to call them ignorant? Our expectations of what other should like/enjoy are based on our own enjoyments. It is hardly fair to have this expectation.

Ah but dislike and hatred are two very different things. If you dislike it then it's just not your cup of tea, you say why you don't like it and can even have constructive conversations, then leave it at that.
Hatred is just completely illogical, and is usually expressed by bashing which is highly disrespectful and they do it relentlessly. but if you say that you don't like something you have to have at least a good idea of what it is, and unless the 5 episodes seen have at the very least one serious and one entirely humoristic episodes as well as one like the 231th which's funny and heartwarming, giving argument as to why 'Gintama sucks' is not receivable.
I mean I don't like Naruto and I can give reasons why, yet I'm not bashing it (same for Twilight, though I'm close to hating it, I usually give arguments as to why I think it's stupid.)

Still the hate is understandable some will find the show too random or will simply lack the general knowledge of Japanese culture and anime to enjoy it(who are "we" to say they need to agree with us and their "opinion" is not valid(by the definition of opinion we can't). The word "hate" is thrown around a lot... It's often the word someone throws at you when you don't like something they like as well "If you don't like this your a hater". That is hardly reasonable.

Hate is to feel intense or passionate dislike for something (someone). While dislike is to feel a distaste for or hostility toward something(someone). Hate is very comparable to disliking something it is just a slightly stronger version of the word. The main haters Gintama has are by people that don't think it deserves the popularity it has(probably in comparison to their favorite show).Other than that Gintama has a very powerful defense force(fan base). I liked parts of Gintama and others I did not. I'm not trying to bring down someones favorite show just give a reason for the "hate" or "dislike" as that is what the TC was asking of us with the creation of this topic.

I honestly don't care if you don't like naruto there are alot of people that don't like it on mal and many will bring up valid criticisms. Even though naruto and gintama are both shonens I find it hard to draw comparisons between a comedy and a battle shonen... They just appeal to different groups.
Aug 30, 2013 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
Chibiginger said:
Gokuzeross said:
Chibiginger said:

Still the hate is understandable some will find the show too random or will simply lack the general knowledge of Japanese culture and anime to enjoy it(who are "we" to say they need to agree with us and their "opinion" is not valid(by the definition of opinion we can't). The word "hate" is thrown around a lot... It's often the word someone throws at you when you don't like something they like as well "If you don't like this your a hater". That is hardly reasonable.

Hate is to feel intense or passionate dislike for something (someone). While dislike is to feel a distaste for or hostility toward something(someone). Hate is very comparable to disliking something it is just a slightly stronger version of the word. The main haters Gintama has are by people that don't think it deserves the popularity it has(probably in comparison to their favorite show).Other than that Gintama has a very powerful defense force(fan base). I liked parts of Gintama and others I did not. I'm not trying to bring down someones favorite show just give a reason for the "hate" or "dislike" as that is what the TC was asking of us with the creation of this topic.

I honestly don't care if you don't like naruto there are alot of people that don't like it on mal and many will bring up valid criticisms. Even though naruto and gintama are both shonens I find it hard to draw comparisons between a comedy and a battle shonen... They just appeal to different groups.

I wouldnt say its understandable cause a majority of the time the people that really hate it went in with ridiculously high expectations and ignored the heeding form just about every gintama fan about the first 20 episodes pretty much straight up sucking save for a couple episodes. gintama was definetly a show that constantly improved and expanded, like first 50 episode were really inconsistent but had some high points, the next 50 episodes while the first half was similar to the first 50, episode 75-100 covered both consistantly funny episodes one after another and throwing in a mini arc thats so touching as well as badass its known to make most of the people watching it cry(okita sister arc), youd never see that if youd base it only off the first 20 episodes or as many do only the first 5, oh and from episode 100 and on its just skyrockets in quality from how much variety it has and how it really realizes the world allows it to do whatever it wants

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 30, 2013 6:25 PM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Chibiginger said:
Gokuzeross said:
Chibiginger said:

I wouldnt say its understandable cause a majority of the time the people that really hate it went in with ridiculously high expectations and ignored the heeding form just about every gintama fan about the first 20 episodes pretty much straight up sucking save for a couple episodes. gintama was definetly a show that constantly improved and expanded, like first 50 episode were really inconsistent but had some high points, the next 50 episodes while the first half was similar to the first 50, episode 75-100 covered both consistantly funny episodes one after another and throwing in a mini arc thats so touching as well as badass its known to make most of the people watching it cry(okita sister arc), youd never see that if youd base it only off the first 20 episodes or as many do only the first 5, oh and from episode 100 and on its just skyrockets in quality from how much variety it has and how it really realizes the world allows it to do whatever it wants

I can understand that. Gintama takes a while to start up so many people give up on it and presume to throw criticism at it without experiencing the best of it . Problem still being that as entertainment its goal is to lock people in and keep them interested, but its extremely slow start and much needed time investment for it to "get good" is too much for the average person. I think that it is a very valid and understandable reason to hate/dislike a series. If i have to watch 20+ no 50+ wait 100+ to hit those amazing episodes then the show no matter how "amazing" those good moments are later. Gintama doesn't hook people early and being such a long show it needs it very badly. Even late into the series I find somethings absolutely hilarious or I find that the show is trying too hard and is not funny. That being said comedy is too hard to judge... One thing that is funny to one person may not be to another. As a whole I have mixed feelings about gintama.
Aug 30, 2013 6:39 PM

May 2010
it's a sitcom, it's not supposed to be taken seriously.
Sep 2, 2013 2:24 AM

Jan 2011
Hi( no, seriously. I was in that deleted thread that was discussing about Gintama''s downvoter).
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Sep 2, 2013 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
It's the FF13 of anime in that it takes way too long to get good. Being great after episode 50 doesn't justify the 20 hours of mediocrity that preceded it.
Sep 2, 2013 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
Gintama isn't for everyone i guess. Its a gag anime that jokes about japanese culture/celebrity's and its very own audience. I marathoned the first 20 episodes and loved it.
Dec 16, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2011
Why did you dislike Gintama? You think, because it has a many poop scene that make you gross and get sick? I like Gintama. Because it's so funny. I was laughing so much hard.
Dec 16, 2013 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
Kazeshini said:
it's a sitcom, it's not supposed to be taken seriously.

selectively its meant to be taken seriously, there are arcs that deal with themes of genocide, torture, slavery, forced prostitution, kidnapping, murder, and many more. While there are jokes scattered around the stories that have those themes the actual themes are taken very seriously. Yah gintama is a comedy series but here and there you will get to moments such as this(be warned spoilers for episode 210)
http://vimeo.com/53539633

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 21, 2013 4:04 PM

Sep 2013
I simply love Gintama. Some episodes made me laugh so much that I cry, some episodes are really touching, hell, some episodes are both. And when there is a fight, it's just awesome. But, when I see someone saying that dislike Gintama after seeing some random episodes, and yeah I see this a lot too, I simply laugh at how ignorant they are, I don't want to waste my time on them. When I say that I'm gonna watch an anime, I don't care how much I hate each episode, I watch the whole anime before giving an opinion. That's what people should do, but if they don't, I couldn't care less for what they have to say...
Dec 26, 2013 1:09 AM

Jul 2013
Every time I try to get into Gintama I just can't do it. I've seen a lot of videos of it on YouTube and the fight scenes are spectacular. But as for the comedy... well me being as judgmental and ignorant as I possibly can, I think it is kind of average.

I'm at the point of just watching all the fight scenes and that will be the end of it. I can't force myself through 265 episodes simply because its fans have promised that it will get better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2013 7:04 AM

May 2012
I have encountered a lot of judgmental anime otaku wannabes on the internet. It really pisses me off.

Especially when it comes to One Piece. Well, there are lots of One Piece bashers... They say, it's too childish. The drawing's so ugly. The characters are weird. It's too boring etc.

And I'm like. WTH are you saying. Would you please stop judging, you haven't even watched it yet -_- They just bash anime without knowing the truth behind its awesomeness.

And when I read your post, it also pissed me off. WHY BASH GIN-SAN?! Our Gin-san!!! I bet he did not even know how awesome are Gin-san is -_-

I really pity those judgmental pain in the ass people. I'll leave them alone -_- It's just a waste of time to argue with them. They're the ones who are missing out these great anime. WHY SHOULD I BOTHER WITH THEM ><

LOL haha sorry
Dec 26, 2013 9:01 AM

Nov 2010
Minagatachi said:
Every time I try to get into Gintama I just can't do it. I've seen a lot of videos of it on YouTube and the fight scenes are spectacular. But as for the comedy... well me being as judgmental and ignorant as I possibly can, I think it is kind of average.

I'm at the point of just watching all the fight scenes and that will be the end of it. I can't force myself through 265 episodes simply because its fans have promised that it will get better.
Nobody will tell you to watch the whole anime before it gets good. If you're looking for possible help then exaggerating is not useful. Most people will say 20, 30, or possibly 40. If you're looking to vent, then congratulations you just did, now you can disregard the rest of my post.
How far did you get and what did you think of it? The first 15 or 20 episodes are mainly for character introduction(with some funny episodes peppered in), a main source of the series comedy is with it's large cast of recurring characters so it does pay off. Whoever made the anime knew that that wouldn't be as interesting so they made the first two episodes filler, where everyone is already introduced and tried to make it into a normal later episode. It didn't work though, many people(including me) have dropped it on the first or second episode. Quite frankly they sucked.
I see it as the first two episodes are filler that new watchers could skip, but that they should watch the first 20 or so episodes knowing that they are for character introduction and are not as funny as the rest. And then from 20 something on it gradually gets better and funnier. Some say it gets to 30 or 40 when it starts getting hilarious. The first serious arc(with those fights you like) is in the 50s or 60s, they don't come along too often, it's mostly a comedy.
Dec 26, 2013 9:04 AM

Nov 2013
I don't think it's as funny as people make it out to be, but it is certainly one of the funniest anime I've seen. I don't really care for the action though.
Dec 26, 2013 9:15 AM

Nov 2010
yadayada said:
I don't think it's as funny as people make it out to be, but it is certainly one of the funniest anime I've seen. I don't really care for the action though.
Are you really where your list says you are? In that case then it gets funnier and you haven't seen the first good serious action arc yet. But even then the action isn't the greatest I've seen and I enjoy the comedy more.
Dec 28, 2013 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
What I think of Gintama which is I am currently watching 95% enjoyably, 5% piece of shit. Not the whole anime in a bad way, but seriously if you like shit ep. than you love it. I mean why shit? :(
You know sometime I was watching it while I am eating. Seriously shit, sometime mosaic whatever that made me want to throw out. :X
Overall it's a great anime. Just skip the boring and recap ep. Sunise is a lazy bastard studio that recycle the anime like 10% of the whole series [just my guess.] 250+ep. Well I'm kinda having a lot of time so I can bear with it. -__-
For anyone that want to watch this, better google the best arc and character ep introduction. You will get the deja-vu feeling that you're wasting time watching the same ep. if you go through the whole series. Just my suggestion.
Dec 29, 2013 7:11 AM
Dec 2012
sheidesu said:
I have encountered a lot of judgmental anime otaku wannabes on the internet. It really pisses me off.

Especially when it comes to One Piece. Well, there are lots of One Piece bashers... They say, it's too childish. The drawing's so ugly. The characters are weird. It's too boring etc.

And I'm like. WTH are you saying. Would you please stop judging, you haven't even watched it yet -_- They just bash anime without knowing the truth behind its awesomeness.

And when I read your post, it also pissed me off. WHY BASH GIN-SAN?! Our Gin-san!!! I bet he did not even know how awesome are Gin-san is -_-

I really pity those judgmental pain in the ass people. I'll leave them alone -_- It's just a waste of time to argue with them. They're the ones who are missing out these great anime. WHY SHOULD I BOTHER WITH THEM ><

LOL haha sorry

DAMN I know right!!!
For Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece
I did not even watch them, but I never even judge them and say they're a piece of shit!
I know fans like them for something. You can't just bash them to whatever your liking is, those are just insensitive bastards!
Heck, even I have some favourite characters from those animes even if I did not watch them.

Well, back to the topic, those hate on Gintama and Gin-san is totally ridiculous. I don't mind people having different opinions. Like them if you want, hate if you want, go on. Nobody will mind I tell you. But people; fans will take it to heart if you start bashing on an anime or character. Those kinds of things are just childish. Anime are there to entertain you, not to be bashed at or to be judged at. Who are you to tell them that they're garbage? No matter if it is Gintama, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, shoujo anime, mecha or whatsoever, they all worked hard on creating the anime, the plotline, the artwork. Do you think they just say "I wanna do this", and poof, 1 volume of manga published out of thin air? It takes effort to do all that, while you guys just, search on the internet and read and watch and immediately judge without taking people's effort into your judgement.

Okay, I know I'm not making any sense here, and it feels like I'm making an essay and probably be marked F by my teacher, and you guys won't probably be reading all this, but

as a CONCLUSION,
All of us have no right to decide any anime is shit. It's up to you to like or hate but there's no need to go out of your way and create a hate thread, clubs, etc.

P.S
I have the mentality of a 6-year-old and deserved to be called shit. Bye
Aug 3, 2014 12:43 AM
Feb 2010
seriously, i'm regretting I watched this anime. But once I start an anime I got to finish it. I hoping this is one of the anime's that get good after so many episodes, but maybe I should've done more research on this before starting it. I'm on episode 23 and its not really catching my eye at all. I don't understand why the ratings so high. I especially hate characters that have a strong fighting potential don't really show off what they have and make them looks so weak like gin running from bad guys even though he can so take on in one slash.
Aug 3, 2014 7:25 AM

Nov 2010
animeroxz227 said:
seriously, i'm regretting I watched this anime. But once I start an anime I got to finish it. I hoping this is one of the anime's that get good after so many episodes, but maybe I should've done more research on this before starting it. I'm on episode 23 and its not really catching my eye at all. I don't understand why the ratings so high. I especially hate characters that have a strong fighting potential don't really show off what they have and make them looks so weak like gin running from bad guys even though he can so take on in one slash.
Did you skip the whole first season? This is the second season's board.
Dec 4, 2014 10:01 PM

Nov 2013
Am I the only one who liked the first two episodes? The double ones?
Jun 11, 2015 9:07 PM

Jun 2015
This is kind of a spoiler, but for everyone who has just started Gintama and thinks it is boring... It can get damn serious. It just takes its time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgi_uwjj_hg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJQsYThBNm0
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jul 4, 2015 10:02 AM
Jul 2015
Everybody have a different taste of their anime.so evrybody cannot judge if the anime bad or good.And who compared Gintama with other people ,i just want say Gintama have all genre of anime(Comedy,Romance,Action,Mecha,Sci-fi,others)that make some people like it :)
Aug 3, 2015 9:23 PM

Dec 2013
LoLuX12 said:
I stopped watching Gintama, when I found out there was no actual plot and it was just the same all the time. Sure, there were a couple of serious arcs, but other than that, it's just "Gintoki and Friends try to get money for the rent and Weekly JUMP".

Even though the rent stuff is ignored for the majority of the series.
Aug 3, 2015 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
LoLuX12 said:
I stopped watching Gintama, when I found out there was no actual plot and it was just the same all the time. Sure, there were a couple of serious arcs, but other than that, it's just "Gintoki and Friends try to get money for the rent and Weekly JUMP".

There is a plot though, they just show bit by bit. Its mostly about the Joui Four and students of Shoyo who will change the country even if its mean fighting the whole world.

Aug 23, 2015 11:01 PM

Jan 2015
That disrespect to Gintoki (my all time favourite character) was disgusting as was the rest of the stuff he said. Judge an anime with a slow start after watching 5 episodes? Wow. I suppose you need to be patient in order to become a Gintama fan though. It does take a while to get good. About the Gintoki/Ichigo look comparison, go here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ty-Nqm4Pdc and skip to 0:58 and watch up to 1:02. That's the only time Ichigo looks at all similar to Gin. That hate was stupid though. Clearly he was thinking "I'm going to hate this series," before he even started Gintama.
Dec 11, 2015 8:11 AM
Mar 2015
Im not hater nor gintama lover, but I do watch gintama from episode 01 up till episode 193 and still continuing, i gotta say, its a good show and I laugh,,

but the screaming part where Shimura Shimpachi always does in a comedic scene annoyed me

Thats the only thing I hate from gintama.

asside from that, i love it
Dec 11, 2015 10:19 PM

Jan 2010
Do people hate Gintama?
Dec 11, 2015 11:48 PM

Mar 2014
BDL said:
Do people hate Gintama?
Yep. The ones who hate are those that're salty because they can't accept its place in the top ten is more than deserved.
Dec 18, 2015 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
Gintama is boring as hell, when I watch this sometimes I'm sleepy

Then I watched like 70-80 episodes and now I can't stop.

Note: sorry for bad English
Itsuka_RinneDec 18, 2015 9:18 AM
Dec 18, 2015 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
Where am I and what the hell I'm reading here o_O

Don't understand you. GINTAMA IS AWESOME.

Dec 18, 2015 9:56 AM

Jan 2015
Gintama is apparently a divisive anime. Lots of people love it and there are naturally those who have no use for it or hate it. It's silly, because anime offers something for just about everyone and you can just ignore the stuff you don't like.

But seriously, Gintama has some weaknesses and for me it's pretty much hit and miss. One episode is hilarious, followed directly by one that's not even remotely funny. And the start isn't slow, it's agonizing. The first 25 episodes are just plain weak with maybe a funny moment every 3 episodes. Not to mention everyone has a different opinion on where to start. It's like asking which Gundam you should watch.

Such torture.
Dec 18, 2015 5:58 PM

Jan 2015
First, I didn't like it either. But It grew on me. I put it on hold for a very long time so i'm going to start watching it again.
Dec 26, 2015 9:11 PM

Dec 2015
haters gonna hate bro, but no matter what they said, Gintama is the best M/A I have ever read, and look at its rate, ofcourse it can't be bad
and for someone said that Gintama's just a comedy, MORON!
Joy4everDec 26, 2015 9:13 PM
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Dec 26, 2015 9:28 PM

Dec 2015
Madara22 said:
First, I didn't like it either. But It grew on me. I put it on hold for a very long time so i'm going to start watching it again.

wow as a guy that likes OPM or HunterxHunter or FMA like you I can't believe you don't like Gintama, seriously
Joy4everDec 26, 2015 9:28 PM
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Jan 30, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2014
Gintama is one of my favourite anime, but I'll admit, I didn't find it all that great until about 30 episodes in (it was actually pretty boring)- I guess I was sold on the episode when Matsudaira tries to sabotage his daughter's date- and that's coming from someone who now adores the show! Not a lot of people will have the patience to wait around for ages for a series to get good, especially if it's still airing.

I think the thing with Gintama is that it is mainly composed of hit or miss comedy and characters and this puts people off. People may also be inclined to compare it to other long running shounen anime when in reality, you can't really compare it to those sorts of shows at all. Gintama is one on its own, and I feel like a lot of people go wrong by trying to make comparisons with other long running anime (like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail). It looks like just another shounen, so when you actually watch it, you get thrown off with the wacky, off-the-wall episodic tone and cast.

All said and done though, at the end of the day, any show that gets a reasonable amount of love is sure to get just as much hate as well. It's impossible for everyone to like the same anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2016 3:21 PM

Nov 2014
My obligatory "Gintama is shit" comment.
Now excuse me, as I am going back to my shelter, to hide from butthurt fans.
ziggy_Z said:
BDL said:
Do people hate Gintama?
Yep. The ones who hate are those that're salty because they can't accept its place in the top ten is more than deserved.
Maybe it is deserved maybe not, it is all subjective. But don't ignore the fact that there are some low life planktons sit in their basement and boost it 24/7.

Jan 30, 2016 3:27 PM

Aug 2014
ExTamplier said:
My obligatory "Gintama is shit" comment.
Now excuse me, as I am going back to my shelter, to hide from butthurt fans.
ziggy_Z said:
Maybe it is deserved maybe not, it is all subjective. But don't ignore the fact that there are some low life planktons sit in their basement and boost it 24/7.

You could say that about any other shows to, if anything 1st season of Gintama alone has a higher % giving it a 1/10 than any of the other shows in the top 10.
Jan 30, 2016 3:34 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
- Gintama
- Prison School
- Ranma 1/2
- Hataraku Maou-sama

Humor humor humor
I'm a fan of Gintama's humor.
Gintama and Prison School have almost the same sense of 'mature themed' humor.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Mar 3, 2016 5:25 AM

Aug 2012
I don't think you should take the opinion of someone who only saw 5 random episodes seriously.
Mar 3, 2016 10:01 AM
Dec 2014
What I hate the most is bashing the serious arcs.They say they don't like it because it's not very funny.Of course it's not how a serious arc need to be funny.
And Gintama serious arcs have one of the best fights in all anime history.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tthammy - Jun 2, 2011

232 by lordgaara »»
Apr 2, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Barion-Zara - Aug 29, 2011

99 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Mar 5, 2012

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Feb 20, 2012

132 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomislavr7 - Feb 13, 2012

106 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.