Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2012 6:41 PM

Feb 2012

Scheduled Simul Watches :
xxxHolic - May 5th four first day then two per day.
Andersen Douwa Ningyo Hime - Waiting to comment.
Break Blade 1 - Next Week
Green Legend Ran - Next Week

This wil be split up in order of size and prioritized so that the ones I want to watch most will be listed first. I will include animes from my Plan to Watch, On Hold, and finally some animes that I would like to re-watch.
At the top of the list, I will put whether I am avaliable for longer simul watches (I will always be up for a movie or an OAV).
If you are interested in watching any of these animes with me, please drop me a line on my profile or PM.

I reserve the right to drop any of these animes if I just can't stand them. However, before I begin watching with someone I will watch the first episode to see if it's painful or not. I would encorage anyone watching with me to do the same. My dropped list is short but it is there. By watching one episode of the series in question, I can PROBABLY say that I won't drop any series mid-watch.

Short (This would include movies and OAVs that have less than ten episodes.)

1. Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - Tou no Kuni - Warning, must be a Kino no Tabi fan
  2. Trigun: Badlands Rumble
  3. Martian Successor Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness
  4. Millennium Actress
  5. Detective Conan Movie 2
  6. Detective Conan Movie 3
  7. Detective Conan Movie 4
  8. Detective Conan Movie 5
  9. Detective Conan Movie 6
  10. Detective Conan Movie 7
  11. Detective Conan Movie 8...
  12. First Squad: The Moment of Truth
  13. Ghiblies
  14. Andersen Douwa Ningyo Hime (The little Mermaid)
  15. Sword of the Stranger
  16. Break Blade 1: Kakusei no Toki
  17. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
  18. Hotori: Tada Saiwai wo Koinegau
  19. Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei
  20. Loups=Garous
  21. Summer Wars
  22. Gake no Ue no Ponyo
  23. Tales of Symphonia
  24. Kyousougiga
  25. Karigurashi no Arrietty
  26. Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
  27. Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo
  28. Gedo Senki
  29. Kaze wo Mita Shounen
  30. Hotarubi no Mori e
  31. Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo
  32. Katte ni Kaizou
  33. Karas
  34. Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku
  35. Eve no Jikan
  36. Choujikuu Seiki Orguss 02
  37. Green Legend Ran
  38. Genji
  39. Kaze no Na wa Amnesia

Mid length - This would be the animes that are 10-20 episodes in length. Again, they are listed by preference.

1. Rozen Maiden
  2. Usagi Drop
  3. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
  4. C
  5. Jyu Oh Sei
  6. Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror
  7. Mouryou no Hako
  8. Seitokai no Ichizon - This would be fun to Simul watch I think.
  9. Senkou o Night Raid
  10. Soukou no Strain
  11. Fate/Zero
  12. Asura Cryin' 2
  13. Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
  14. Kurozuka
  15. Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
  16. Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou
  17. Now and Then, Here and There
  18. Sengoku Basara
  19. Arakawa Under the Bridge
  20. Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
  21. Shikabane Hime: Aka
  22. Ray the Animation
  23. Kuuchuu Buranko
  24. Sola
  25. Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi
  26. Genshiken
  27. Katanagatari
  28. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
  29. Kure-nai
  30. Sacred Seven
  31. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
  32. Rosario + Vampire
  33. Night Wizard
  34. ef - a tale of memories
  35. This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
  36. Druaga no Tou: The Aegis of Uruk
  37. Himawari
  38. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
  39. Yumekui Merry
  40. Spice and Wolf
  41. Ginyuu Mokushiroku Meine Liebe
  42. Kamichu
  43. Ippatsu Kiki Musume
  44. Black Blood Brothers
  45. Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
  46. H2O: Footprints in the Sand

The animes in this section are all animes that I started YEARS ago, was really close to finishing, but lost access to when I went on my drama induced anime hiatus. I'd really like to finish these. (in no order) As it has been so many years, I kinda just need to start from the beginning of these.

Cromartie High School
D.N.Angel
Ghost Hunt
Gilgamesh
Honey and Clover
Jigoku Shoujo
Le Chevalier D'Eon
Matantei Loki Ragnarok
Mushishi - I might have finished this one but I am unsure.
Princess Tutu
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Saiyuki Reload - I think it's been long enough that I won't expect the dubbed voices from the first season and the movie.
Scrapped Princess
Shakugan no Shana
Tsubasa Chronicle

Average Length - Animes with 20-40 episodes. Listed by preference.

1. Ghost Hound - Reaaaaaly want to watch this one!
  2. Romeo x Juliet - I have the DVDs at my house!
  3. Steins;Gate
  4. Nodame Cantabile
  5. Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
  6. Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru
  7. Aka-chan to Boku (Baby and Me)
  8. Nurarihyon no Mago
  9. Supernatural The Animation
  10. Rental Magica
  11. Casshern Sins
  12. Persona: Trinity Soul
  13. Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
  14. Irresponsible Captain Tylor - I have a friend that swears by this.
  15. Weiß Kreuz
  16. Welcome to the NHK
  17. Wagaya no Oinari-sama
  18. Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
  19. Shiki
  20. Bakuman
  21. Chihayafuru
  22. Kurokami
  23. Nabari no Ou
  24. Night Head Genesis
  25. Shion no Ou
  26. Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto
  27. Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
  28. Tears to Tiara
  29. Special A
  30. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
  31. Princess Resurrection
  32. Tales of the Abyss
  33. Utawarerumono
  34. Nurarihyon no Mago
  35. Guin Saga
  36. Seirei no Moribito
  37. Shounen Onmyouji
  38. Lovely Complex
  39. Blassreiter
  40. Heroic Age
  41. Glass Mask
  42. Asagiri no Miko
  43. Kobato
  44. Himitsu: Top Secret
  45. Needless
  46. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
  47. Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles
  48. Guilty Crown - It's got mixed reviews, but I'm still interested.
  49. Toaru Majutsu no Index
  50. Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
  51. Dennou Coil
  52. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de: Hachiyou Shou
  53. Kamichama Karin - High possiblity of this being too cute to get me to watch it.
  54. Clannad - You will have to do a little convincing to get me to try this.

These two I was begged into giving another chance though they are still hanging about in my dropped list.

Ao no Exorcist - Had a giant case of the mehs
Ouran Koukou Host Club - Couldn't stand one of the voice actors. Maybe my tollerance has increased in the last few years though.

Your choice if I list the "will you marry me animes" that are 40 episodes and longer. Those will require comitment! Though, if anyone is thinking of picking up Gintama or Detective Conan, it wouldn't take much doing to catch up to me.

Note: Married already :3

sisgoodMay 4, 2012 9:03 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 3, 2012 8:03 PM

Feb 2010
I've been planning to watch Break Blade in the near future so that'd be my first pick (seen most of the movies on your list anyway). I assume you include the sequel movies too if the first one doesn't suck?I definitely would be up for that starting sometime next week.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 3, 2012 8:29 PM

Feb 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I've been planning to watch Break Blade in the near future so that'd be my first pick (seen most of the movies on your list anyway). I assume you include the sequel movies too if the first one doesn't suck?I definitely would be up for that starting sometime next week.

lol Yes definately up for sequels of movies that don't suck.
I think Tuesday would be a good movie day for me. Is that a good time for you?
May 4, 2012 3:07 AM

Aug 2009
The animation for Break Blade os fantastic, Its nice to see mechs that are not CG IMO. The story is cliche but somewhat engaging, its kept me interested far 6 OVA's anyway (not very hard to do though lol)

I'm down for Genji, Green Legend Ran, Orguss, Mermaid and Hotori. Maybe the Conan movies, but I'm not overly familair with the series (only saw the first few eps that aired on T.V)
LoneWolfMay 4, 2012 5:01 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 4, 2012 4:04 AM

Oct 2010
I'm interested on Hoshi wo ou kodomo (which I have ready to watch), Eve no jikan and maybe (if I'm in the mood and all) Spice & wolf. But my bigger interests on the list are the Shinkai and Yoshiura works.
May 4, 2012 8:22 AM

Feb 2010
I'd love to rewatch Spice and Wolf too, been a priority of mine for some time, but I couldn't motivate myself to do it ^^.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 4, 2012 12:31 PM

Feb 2012
bottosai-01 said:
The animation for Break Blade for fantastic, Its nice to see mechs that are not CG IMO. The story is cliche but somewhat engaging, its kept me interested far 6 OVA's anyway (not very hard to do though lol)

I'm down for Genji, Green Legend Ran, Orguss, Mermaid and Hotori. Maybe the Conan movies, but I'm not overly familair with the series (only saw the first few eps that aired on T.V)

I actually managed to find Andersen Douwa Ningyo Hime dubbed! *proud* Let's watch that one first as it IS on youtube and I"m afraid the copy-right nazis will get it.
How about the rest... one a week? You pick next weeks.
I would actually say watch the Mermaid Princess asap. If you need help finding it, I will be happy to share the link to the crappy dub I found lol
May 4, 2012 1:33 PM

Feb 2012
jal90 said:
I'm interested on Hoshi wo ou kodomo (which I have ready to watch), Eve no jikan and maybe (if I'm in the mood and all) Spice & wolf. But my bigger interests on the list are the Shinkai and Yoshiura works.

Sounds good to me. Something is telling me Spice and Wolf may be a three or more people simul watch.
Umm when would you want to start watching? Hoshi wo ou kodomo can be first since you have it ready to go.
May 4, 2012 5:09 PM

Aug 2009
Spice is wolf is one of my favourite series, I'm eagerly awaiting a season 3. The animation and OST just make me feel so immersed in the setting, in a way that very few animes can.

Awesome, I also seem to have found the same dub, theres a sub version as well. Seems quite similar to Sirius no Densetsu, I'll post my full thoughts after I'm done. I'm going to go with Green Legend next week, since its also convenietly on youtube.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 4, 2012 8:56 PM

Feb 2012
bottosai-01 said:
Spice is wolf is one of my favourite series, I'm eagerly awaiting a season 3. The animation and OST just make me feel so immersed in the setting, in a way that very few animes can.

Awesome, I also seem to have found the same dub, theres a sub version as well. Seems quite similar to Sirius no Densetsu, I'll post my full thoughts after I'm done. I'm going to go with Green Legend next week, since its also convenietly on youtube.

That's cool cause I know a good site to get it streamed on. (gogoanime). As far as Spice and Wolf goes, I'd like to watch it, it's just not one that excites me/in one of my favorite genres. To be honest, lol I'm shallow. I like a cute guy to be in most of the animes I pick up. :3
Entertainment AND eye candy!
May 5, 2012 5:58 PM

Aug 2009
Spice and wolf can get boring at times, considering that its a medieval fantasy that instead of focusing on being all knightly and rpg-like, focuses on the economy/merchant life/ trading instead (especially one espisode about these silver coins lol). However the main draw of the series is how beliecable and well-portrayed the setting is and ofcourse the character relationships. Also I can see why Lawrence wouldn't be your ideal guy considering he has the obscure and uncanny ability among anime MC's to actually grow facial hair o_O (only a little on his chin though lol and he has silver hair... but hes not old).
Sorry for rambling on this is just one of my favourite series and is worth atleast the 3 ep test IMO.

So yeah I saw Ningyo Hime.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Ie Naki Ko (Nobody's Boy Remi)

LoneWolf - Feb 24, 2015

33 by TheDenOfEverythn »»
Nov 11, 2019 3:22 PM

» Moonlight Mile - Simulwatch

omakase - Nov 27, 2017

23 by KannoSugako »»
Jan 8, 2018 7:04 AM

» Victorian Romance Emma - Simulwatch

LoneWolf - Feb 12, 2017

22 by LoneWolf »»
Jun 12, 2017 11:10 PM

» Mujin Wakusei Survive - Simulwatch ( 1 2 )

KingYoshi - Sep 27, 2016

62 by omakase »»
Feb 4, 2017 2:37 PM

Sticky: » List of all the public simul-watch projects

Alcoholicide - Feb 7, 2012

10 by hpb123 »»
Dec 14, 2016 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.