Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sekirei
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 18, 2008 11:39 AM

Sep 2007
THE POWER OF LOVE

Can't really rate it because it was clear from the beginning that we will have a second season.

Sep 18, 2008 11:52 AM

Jul 2008
While the series certainly isn't the best and I also don't know the Manga for comparison, I still loved the ending of this season. I certainly loved to see Tsukiumi fight

Sekirei is just pure fun and entertainment in my mind... I love it to see how they start competing with each other everytime, especially Tsukiumi ^^ (if you haven't realized it yet... I love her... ah Tsukiumi-san ~.~)

Generally speaking, a bit too many large breasted women in my mind. They could have done with less. But apparently to be Minato's Sekirei there is a minimum size limit...

of course Kuu-chan is an exception... but she'll probably grow in to it someday :-/
Sep 18, 2008 12:25 PM

Jul 2008
donbob said:
While the series certainly isn't the best and I also don't know the Manga for comparison, I still loved the ending of this season. I certainly loved to see Tsukiumi fight

Sekirei is just pure fun and entertainment in my mind... I love it to see how they start competing with each other everytime, especially Tsukiumi ^^ (if you haven't realized it yet... I love her... ah Tsukiumi-san ~.~)

Generally speaking, a bit too many large breasted women in my mind. They could have done with less. But apparently to be Minato's Sekirei there is a minimum size limit...

of course Kuu-chan is an exception... but she'll probably grow in to it someday :-/

I prefer #1 Miya! If that should be impossible then Kazehana but her alcohol stench might be a problem but her BODY won't :P
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 18, 2008 1:21 PM

Dec 2007
the episode was alright the second season seem a little bit more interesting
Sep 18, 2008 1:55 PM

Mar 2007
Pretty good episode but a little rushed (like the part with Yukari and Shiina).
I prefer the manga.

Sep 18, 2008 1:57 PM
Jun 2007
7/10

I'm rather disappointed because there was no

cheh. Guess I'm gonna have to wait a while since the manga is only a few chapters ahead of where the series ended.
Sep 18, 2008 2:11 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
kaminakun said:
you manage to finish the show even though it is a 4/10 for you?!?!?
you are my hero!

*edit* I agree with you on Ikkitousen ;) at least the girls there look hotter and smaller breast size for most characters

Well yeah, I don't drop shows that easily and I feel like my score means more if I actually finish the anime, heh. 4/10 is not the worst thing ever. 5/10 is 'Average' and since it was a bit below average for me, it gets the 4. I've seen worse. xP

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 18, 2008 3:01 PM

May 2008
I feel disappointed to this way of ending... even if this gonna be next season they should make it exacly like in the manga not making differents in last episode.....I hope they repair it later

but i also was suprised how they make Tsukiumi so great warrior :)
Looking forward to see next series
kurizuSep 18, 2008 3:07 PM
Sep 18, 2008 4:49 PM

Mar 2008
cyruz said:
kaminakun said:
you manage to finish the show even though it is a 4/10 for you?!?!?
you are my hero!

*edit* I agree with you on Ikkitousen ;) at least the girls there look hotter and smaller breast size for most characters

Well yeah, I don't drop shows that easily and I feel like my score means more if I actually finish the anime, heh. 4/10 is not the worst thing ever. 5/10 is 'Average' and since it was a bit below average for me, it gets the 4. I've seen worse. xP

4/10 seems like one of the lowest on your anime list ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2008 5:02 PM

Jan 2008
k now i wanna know ^^...

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Sep 18, 2008 7:43 PM

Jun 2007
I haven't read the manga but I did think the ending was pretty decent compared to other episodes in this show. Thank god the graphics weren't as bad as the last ep. I'm also kind of happy they didn't try and rush everything in this episode and decided to make a second season. The way things where left makes me want to go read the manga now just to find out what happens next.
Sep 18, 2008 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
I haven't read the anime, my opinion is only on this animated series. This rates as an "Also Ran" for this season. I watched it but I never got too excided about any one epi or scene. 6 out of 10 - don't care if there's a 2nd season or not.
Sep 18, 2008 10:18 PM

Jul 2008
Since people are rating. I LOVED IT so 10/10 for all. I don;t care what people say but I have seen many but few with those elements mix and I am talking about specific elements like Alien Genetics but anyways BIG 10!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 19, 2008 12:10 AM

Mar 2008
Pretty damn good episode. Especially how they tied up loose ends but also left some room for the series the continue

YES, Sekirei will be back XD
Sep 19, 2008 12:27 AM
May 2008
I thought this was a good episode in my mind. While some parts of the series didn't follow the manga, this anime series overall was pretty good.
Dark-EvolutionSep 19, 2008 12:30 AM
Sep 19, 2008 4:53 AM

Apr 2007
I thought it was a good ending for a lead into a second series. Perhaps I may pick up the manga again which I initially dropped unknowing that it was a harem.

8/10
I enjoyed it alot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2008 5:02 AM

Jun 2008
This series is like a hidden gem. Watch all the rest of the episodes and wait for next season.
Sep 19, 2008 7:18 AM

Nov 2007
i think it was a nice
but i'm waiting for the second seson
meantime i'll start the manga

Sep 19, 2008 8:33 AM
Apr 2008
it had so much great animation and a nice way to end the season
Sep 19, 2008 8:35 AM

Jul 2008
I just hate how everyone compare a show to his manga. Shut the fuck up they are two different thing. If you liked the manga more good for you, tough don't rate your apreciation on the show on how it is different of the manga.

And yes it is fucking hard to follow the script, even a lot more when the manga isn't finished (who's the reason why show as full metal alchemist, claymore,...) have another end than the manga, just be happy that they haven't done a fucking new ending.

Else than that:

-So fireboy need to be renamed firegirl...
-Yume is in Musubi, interesting.
-This eps had at the same time the best and the worse animation of the serie.
-Minato's onee-chan going in rampage with her sekirei :3.
-The fucking MBI laser can't aim correctly.
-Yume got a starlight breaker
-The sekirei of the sister of minato can't speak loud enough to talk with someone who is only a few metter far from you.
-Singing sekirei don't know you can sing and running at the same time.
-Tsukyomi is stronger than what I tough.
Sep 19, 2008 8:55 AM

Jul 2008
maxime1007 said:
I just hate how everyone compare a show to his manga. Shut the fuck up they are two different thing. If you liked the manga more good for you, tough don't rate your apreciation on the show on how it is different of the manga.

And yes it is fucking hard to follow the script, even a lot more when the manga isn't finished (who's the reason why show as full metal alchemist, claymore,...) have another end than the manga, just be happy that they haven't done a fucking new ending.

Else than that:

-So fireboy need to be renamed firegirl...
-Yume is in Musubi, interesting.
-This eps had at the same time the best and the worse animation of the serie.
-Minato's onee-chan going in rampage with her sekirei :3.
-The fucking MBI laser can't aim correctly.
-Yume got a starlight breaker
-The sekirei of the sister of minato can't speak loud enough to talk with someone who is only a few metter far from you.
-Singing sekirei don't know you can sing and running at the same time.
-Tsukyomi is stronger than what I tough.

YOU SAID: I just hate how everyone compare a show to his manga. Shut the fuck up they are two different thing. If you liked the manga more good for you, tough don't rate your apreciation on the show on how it is different of the manga.

FINALLY THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Someone SAID IT! The manga as much as the show WILL ALWAYS DIFFERENTIATE no matter what. So comparing is futile..it is ONLY good to understand more the anime it comes from and TO PINPOINT differences.

-The fucking MBI laser can't aim correctly.---------->CORRECTION I think it is R.I.P.
Cause I thought that Yume when she fired the starlight breaker as you call it....that killed the satellite 100% should it have hit it.
Sep 19, 2008 9:28 AM

Jul 2008
Well it just look like a starlight breaker :3.
I don't remember her blast touching the satellite.
Sep 19, 2008 10:22 AM

Jul 2008
maxime1007 said:

Yeah but take it logically...if it did not then the Game Master would be able to use it again. It is the only logic with that scene because my friend said even if they did cross the bridge GAME MASTER pushes lock on button and they are poof! Gone! So that is why.
Sep 19, 2008 10:34 AM

Jul 2008
angel999 said:
maxime1007 said:

Yeah but take it logically...if it did not then the Game Master would be able to use it again. It is the only logic with that scene because my friend said even if they did cross the bridge GAME MASTER pushes lock on button and they are poof! Gone! So that is why.

That's way I say the aim suck.

Take the angle from Yume blast and the kanon blast, Yume couldn't had touch the satellite and if she would have done so it would have been shown.

Why they didn't shoot again? Don't know but the satellite was untouched.
Sep 19, 2008 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
maxime1007 said:
angel999 said:
maxime1007 said:

Take the angle from Yume blast and the kanon blast, Yume couldn't had touch the satellite and if she would have done so it would have been shown.

Unless they show the satellite still works in season 2 cause in the manga they still don't show it after this part. So I am betting the satellite got blown somehow.
Sep 19, 2008 11:40 AM

Jul 2008
angel999 said:
maxime1007 said:
angel999 said:
maxime1007 said:

Unless they show the satellite still works in season 2 cause in the manga they still don't show it after this part. So I am betting the satellite got blown somehow.

The thing is that Yume actually shot her blast BEFORE the satellite shot his.
That mean that Yume actually didn't shot the satellite because he've been able to shoot afterward.
Sep 19, 2008 11:45 AM

Jul 2008
maxime1007 said:
angel999 said:
maxime1007 said:
angel999 said:
maxime1007 said:

The thing is that Yume actually shot her blast BEFORE the satellite shot his.
That mean that Yume actually didn't shot the satellite because he've been able to shoot afterward.

Ok you got me. I though it was before. Then why he does not use is a mystery but maybe it got disabled. Well good thing it missed!
Sep 19, 2008 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
Yay that was awesome! I can't wait for season 2 ^^
Sep 19, 2008 5:03 PM
Apr 2008
I didn't really enjoy that much towards the end of episode (last 2-3 eps), I don't know why, it just became somehow boring. Well, lets put it this way, I have yet to think about watching season 2 when it comes, thats how much I enjoyed first season.
Sep 19, 2008 6:00 PM

Aug 2008
This show was one of those "nice surprises". It started average, with some overall crappy graphics, especially in 2008, but with each episode I think it got better. When there was a fighting scene, it was pretty decent and fun to watch, especially in the last few episodes. I didn't like the musical theme at first, but with every episode I got more used to it, and started to like it. The music in the last ep was pretty good.

I liked this last ep, it was exciting. Like the singing power of the screamer girl or the way the blondy used her water powers in the fight. But.. I felt a bit disappointed with the way the "transformation to Yume" was done. It could of been more epic or with a bigger climax. And I really hate it when someone starts blabbering about the power of love/friendship/or anything like that. This show isn't made for 8 year olds. Emotions can "come through" without these useless speeches.

Aside from that, good show in general. Although I think I'd prefer the Ikkitousen series over this, it was sure better than Great Guardians. Looking forward to Season 2.
Sep 19, 2008 6:16 PM

Sep 2008
well if all anime follow manga it will be damn boring because it will just spoilers and pretty much the same thing
looking forward to S2 i wish it ended winging kaZehana o well
Sep 19, 2008 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
#8 crazy attack!
angel999Sep 27, 2008 2:59 AM
Sep 20, 2008 3:01 AM

Nov 2007
cant wait for season 2 =^-^=

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Sep 20, 2008 7:37 PM

Sep 2008
uhh...

waiting for second season...
Sep 20, 2008 9:35 PM

Jun 2008
I had fun watching this anime!! But seriously they need to improve the quality of the show, even my little sister's draws are better that the ones on ep 11.
Sep 21, 2008 11:35 AM
May 2008
It was real good but the manga version was a hell of alot better. I did enjoy it tho!
Sep 23, 2008 11:47 AM

Feb 2008
After seeing the last episode, I hope there will be another season...
Sep 24, 2008 2:36 PM

Sep 2008
I thought it was really interesting and really sweet:)
Sep 26, 2008 10:58 AM

Mar 2008
they started the operation at 2:00 and matsu hole the sat for 1 hour and then the sunrise. do the sun at japan rise at 3:am??? number 8's eye turn into ying yang circles when she fire that blast(it kinda more like divine buster than starlight breaker, like the blue hair girl who always thos gauntlet) i want to see the part where his mother appear so badly
YggdrasilSep 26, 2008 11:04 AM
Sep 26, 2008 12:35 PM
Sep 2008
They'll never do the anime as the same as the manga, there will always be a difference, take Naruto as example, look at all the fillers they made, the previous filler wasn't even part of the manga..... the point is there will never be an exact anime replica of the manga... period

Some things i want to see be animated in season 2
- # 6 winged
- # 2 winged
- battle for # 6 with all the sectors of the capitol
- see # 10 join up with minato's sekirei
- see minato find out his mom actually works at MBI
- see yukari, minato's lil sis and her sekerei meet minato's sekerei
- reunion wit # 107 and # 108
- more battles between Sekerei and MBI
- reappearance of # 8, like # 88 tap into # 8's powers
- find out who is # 7 becuz yukari and # 107 were looking for her/him on ep. 12
- in general i wanna see most of the stuff i've read from the manga on mangafox.com which is up to date, instead of buyin the manga i get it for free, just like the naruto manga, I also think that Sekerei should be more like Naruto, that way it'll be an episode every week, and we don't have to wait for the stupid season to start again... it sux just waitin for the next episode or season, they should also give an official announcement of the air dates too so we know when to expect them

other than this anime I want to see another season of The Familiar of Zero, and re continuation of Maburaho... since they left wit hole in the anime, a whole bunch of unanswered questions and I can't find the manga to read more of it
Sep 26, 2008 2:35 PM

Jan 2008
the only thing i really waiting for is when kazehana get winged ^^
just for funny Tsundere Tsukiumi actions ^^ wanna see more
of that jep^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Sep 28, 2008 12:48 PM

Sep 2008
I kinda hate how it ends and we have to wait for the new season, but i bet its better than fillers so the manga can develop further.
Oct 23, 2008 9:00 AM

Feb 2008
I don't get it. Luckily there are at least 12 more episodes to explain it.
Nov 7, 2008 1:09 AM

Nov 2007
CCs_NO0_Fanboy said:
man that was dumb... she shoulda just did that in the first place an kicked their asses

did you not notice the personality change and how when she went back to her original self she had no clue what she did. how can you willingly do something you have no clue about.....
Nov 15, 2008 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
is it just me or does Angel999 get excited over everything? Lol.
but yeah the manga is much better than the anime. Just about every Sekirei fan agrees on that. This wasn't so bad in any case. I just love the latest manga chapters. Who would've thought that Kazehana, Ooya-dono & Matsu were all members of the original 1st Disiplianry Squad? I mean Ooya-dono i could understand since she obviously is connected to that whole "Secret Past" shit, but MATSU!!?!!?11!!
In the manga they even handled it the same way & everyone was completely shocked over it. She was like "Everyone's over-reacting!". LMAO.
yeah probably gonna see the second season & hope everyone else does too.
Nov 15, 2008 8:58 AM

Jul 2008
fr49200 said:
is it just me or does Angel999 get excited over everything? Lol.
but yeah the manga is much better than the anime. Just about every Sekirei fan agrees on that. This wasn't so bad in any case. I just love the latest manga chapters. Who would've thought that Kazehana, Ooya-dono & Matsu were all members of the original 1st Disiplianry Squad? I mean Ooya-dono i could understand since she obviously is connected to that whole "Secret Past" shit, but MATSU!!?!!?11!!
In the manga they even handled it the same way & everyone was completely shocked over it. She was like "Everyone's over-reacting!". LMAO.
yeah probably gonna see the second season & hope everyone else does too.

COOL! NOT EXCITED BUT MOE! BURNING WITH PASSION!

BTW that's nothing in the manga! NOW WITH PHASE THREE THERE WILL BE DEAD SEKIREIS! WHY?----------------> 1 ASHIKABI WITH UP TO THREE SEKIREIS VS ANOTHER ONE LIKE THAT! SEKIREI FIGHT UNTIL ONE IS DEFEATED. END RESULT?---------------------->A DEATH!
Dec 23, 2008 12:22 AM

Sep 2008
lame...stupid
i didnt like the end
well i do agree is a good anime ...kinda remembers me ikkitousen but harem
they missed something in the anime but i hope season 2 covers them
{--------they should have shown more tits--------------------+
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 26, 2009 2:08 PM
Apr 2009
As the dude said, the fire guy is probably gay for minato. That''s why the wind girl said ''You feel attractive to others even though you're not destined to be with him'' cause his body is unstable, as he is a he, but he has boobs from a female.

I hope more fights etc, I actually pretty much liked this. Maybe cause ive seen the dvdf, which has none stop boobs : )

IU want the blonde to become his wife though ,and not the other \:
Oct 14, 2009 8:39 AM

Oct 2008
Very average show. Nothing new or interesting.

5/10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kiraclyne - Jun 2, 2008

101 by rohan121 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:44 PM

» About the soundtrack

Karma1100 - Jun 21, 2023

2 by ohpts »»
Jun 21, 2023 5:56 AM

Poll: » Sekirei Episode 2 Discussion

angel999 - Jul 9, 2008

44 by Spazzoidd »»
Mar 19, 2023 5:36 PM

Poll: » Sekirei Episode 3 Discussion

angel999 - Jul 16, 2008

44 by ZaneRobie »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:52 AM

Poll: » Sekirei Episode 10 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 3, 2008

46 by StevenTurner »»
Oct 21, 2022 10:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.