Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 24, 2014 11:58 PM

Jun 2009
judals said:
link9us said:
That escalated quite quickly

We are finally introduced to the principles of nen which were foreshadowed many other times during the exam as well. Next episodes going to be awesome. This preview is a total spoiler lol.

Man the studio really knows how to put together such fantastic endings/openings.

Opening(s)?

He must be talking about the animation of the openings. Btw, it's funny how back at this time I was saying I didn't think Departure would fit Yorknew. Yet, I love it now.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 25, 2014 12:01 AM

Jan 2014
It will always suck for me. Nothing good about it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
Woo! New ED. :D

The new OP is so-so.

Anyway, Heaven's Arena seems interesting. Gon and Killua are already making a lot of money. I wonder what this Nen and Ren stuff is supposed to be. Given that Killua and Gon already have a lot of raw power, it could potentially up their game considerably.

...I saw Hisoka in the preview. .-.;
Jun 25, 2014 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
What a seemingly easy way to make money.
Nice to see more direct fights.
Sep 5, 2014 5:00 PM

Apr 2013
New arc, new OP&ED and of course a preview with Hisoka in his new outfit. Killua and Gon are rich as shit right now.
Oct 4, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2014
Seems like this will be quite an arc before reuniting with Kurapika and Leorio on "September 1"
Dec 19, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
Ohhhh, I thought it would be a simple training arc, but a tournament make it insteresting. Killua is not surprisingly having it easy, but Gon impress me a lot. He's owning his foes so easily.

Killua really lost it again Kishu thought. I wonder why the trainer stopped him. Maybe it's something that if you use it without having mastered it, it can kill you or make you lose your mind... Maybe Killua will be able to learn it. That master is really intriguing though.

It look like Hisoka will be part of the tournament from the preview. That will make things interesting for Gon.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 17, 2015 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
Nen and Ren...What does it all mean!?!?!?!?!?
Apr 13, 2015 5:08 PM

Jun 2014
Where does the tournament get the money to support all these fighters? Are they relying on ticket sales, advertisements and maybe funding from the government?

Jun 24, 2015 11:12 PM
Apr 2015
Damn, how much money does this tower have to throw around?
Jul 30, 2015 12:00 PM

Nov 2009
Glad they didnt change the opening, Departure is amazing.
Sep 2, 2015 12:43 PM

Feb 2015
Toto_y_Moi said:
j0x said:

yep

Killua = Trunks
Gon = Goten

This was a great episode. While the first arc used Pokemon as an inspirational foundation, this newest arc is more Dragonball-esque. It's reminiscent of the Tenka'ichi Budokai tournament. Gon's opening "push" move especially--that's a direct homage to Goku (in action, anyways--HxH makes it look like a more serious maneuver. Pay attention to how the violence looks in this series). And the Goten / Trunks vibe is definitely supposed to be there. Though I didn't catch the Fist of the North Star reference--nice find.

However, as you may have realized, an oddity pertaining to Gon appeared in this episode. An inkling of something. During his first match, when Gon first pushes his opponent out of the ring, we get this interesting curiosity: Gon looks down at his hand and contemplates his newfound strength. "Was I always this strong before?" It's something new to him. He is in awe of how much his strength has increased. He stares and his mouth contorts into a sort of slight smile in that moment of shock. Gon somewhat likes it. If you remember, he was incredibly humiliated by being forced to confront his weakness in the Fourth Phase against Hisoka. Despite all he suffered throughout the Hunter Exam and despite being a child, Gon only cries when he's insecure about his own strength. Really pay attention to any mention of power and how it pertains to Gon Freecss in this arc.

After Killua decides that they're going to the top floor of Heavens Arena, Gon has an interesting thought.

"Actually, that was my intent from the beginning."

Money wasn't the main issue for Gon. Seemingly, it's the act of fighting itself that's more important to him than anything else.

thank you for this episode analyzing you do. i really appreciate more than you could think.
leokiko said:
Mikasa said:

Heavens Arena Arc? Around 9 episodes left, then Yorkshin arc, a pretty long one, I'd say 25-30 probably, then Greed Island, around 30-35, then the Chimera Arc which would be around 60-70 episodes then the next arc would be about 10 episodes then we'll have caught up with the manga!

Is there a confirmation for that? I mean, the CA arc is pretty violent, and considering they have been censoring some stuff along the way, I am not betting on them animating it. The last anime did everything, but will this stop after YS arc? Which is what I am asking. Also, some of your guesses are off. Greed Island should last about the same as YS, it's a pretty long arc, with the training/playing the game/Bomber thing.

this is interesting here. since so many claim that the CA is so violent, is it akin to the violence in terraformars? i'm getting those vibes from it for some reason.
----
again the childishness of gon and his buddo are shown. i loved how they took to the "Osu!" so fast. the little boy is so adorable as well.

onto zen!
TomDaySep 2, 2015 12:50 PM
Sep 2, 2015 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
TomDay said:
Toto_y_Moi said:

This was a great episode. While the first arc used Pokemon as an inspirational foundation, this newest arc is more Dragonball-esque. It's reminiscent of the Tenka'ichi Budokai tournament. Gon's opening "push" move especially--that's a direct homage to Goku (in action, anyways--HxH makes it look like a more serious maneuver. Pay attention to how the violence looks in this series). And the Goten / Trunks vibe is definitely supposed to be there. Though I didn't catch the Fist of the North Star reference--nice find.

However, as you may have realized, an oddity pertaining to Gon appeared in this episode. An inkling of something. During his first match, when Gon first pushes his opponent out of the ring, we get this interesting curiosity: Gon looks down at his hand and contemplates his newfound strength. "Was I always this strong before?" It's something new to him. He is in awe of how much his strength has increased. He stares and his mouth contorts into a sort of slight smile in that moment of shock. Gon somewhat likes it. If you remember, he was incredibly humiliated by being forced to confront his weakness in the Fourth Phase against Hisoka. Despite all he suffered throughout the Hunter Exam and despite being a child, Gon only cries when he's insecure about his own strength. Really pay attention to any mention of power and how it pertains to Gon Freecss in this arc.

After Killua decides that they're going to the top floor of Heavens Arena, Gon has an interesting thought.

"Actually, that was my intent from the beginning."

Money wasn't the main issue for Gon. Seemingly, it's the act of fighting itself that's more important to him than anything else.

thank you for this episode analyzing you do. i really appreciate more than you could think.
leokiko said:

Is there a confirmation for that? I mean, the CA arc is pretty violent, and considering they have been censoring some stuff along the way, I am not betting on them animating it. The last anime did everything, but will this stop after YS arc? Which is what I am asking. Also, some of your guesses are off. Greed Island should last about the same as YS, it's a pretty long arc, with the training/playing the game/Bomber thing.

this is interesting here. since so many claim that the CA is so violent, is it akin to the violence in terraformars? i'm getting those vibes from it for some reason.
----
again the childishness of gon and his buddo are shown. i loved how they took to the "Osu!" so fast. the little boy is so adorable as well.

onto zen!

I don't know, do
get killed in TF?
End Zionazism
Nov 7, 2015 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
Osu!
Jan 7, 2016 9:02 AM

Jun 2015
great ep. , next up
Mar 21, 2016 7:14 AM

Mar 2007
Can't believe nobody noticed that GALNERYUS contributed to the ED this time! Everyone said "Awesome ED" but no love for Galneryus~!
Mar 30, 2016 11:34 PM

Jul 2012
Something I just realised. Killua was 6 when he first entered the arena and it took him 2 years to finish. Which means at aged 6 he couldn't open the front gate of his mansion, since Gon managed to get to floor 200 just by being strong enough to semi open the door.
May 10, 2016 3:59 PM

Dec 2015
This new arc is super exciting!
Jun 3, 2016 5:20 AM
May 2012
Zushi is pretty adorable. He is so small.

piecemealcranky said:
Can't believe nobody noticed that GALNERYUS contributed to the ED this time! Everyone said "Awesome ED" but no love for Galneryus~!

Yeah, I was surprised that it's them again.
Aug 12, 2016 3:47 AM

May 2014
OOH I love tourneys/ battle tower typa stuff!
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oct 8, 2016 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
New OP with potential waifu's in it. Can't wait for them to appear. New ED sounded good enough to replace the first one. Though, I will miss the song.

LMAO at Killer being an ass to Zushi when they were announced to fight each other.

One chooooop! One puuuuuush! Yes, I know HxH came out first.

Will Gon and Killer learn Nen? Find out next time on Hunter x Hunter x Z.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 23, 2016 12:49 AM

Jun 2016
Ren and nen, wat wat
Nov 13, 2016 9:16 AM

Apr 2016
I love how OP Gon is now. Also love the new OP and ED
Dec 10, 2016 7:58 AM
Oct 2016
Was hyped to see the spiders in the op and ed, also the fights in this series are very well animated when compared to other shonen action shows with hundreds of episodes so this arc where the fights become more of the focus will be amazing to watch.
May 4, 2017 9:14 AM
Dec 2009
Hermit_Chuck said:
Anyone else feeling a Goten Trunks vibe from Gon and Killua. Anyway good episode 5/5

yeah yeah I've just realized it right now I should have realized it sooner then later
So Togashi might have used this Goten and Trunks idea to create Gon and Killua
Oct 18, 2017 11:09 AM

Feb 2015
New OP is giving me an alternative universe feel. ED is great, but I prefer the first one.

Good thing Gon is finally getting strong :D
Nov 25, 2017 5:27 PM

May 2013
O thank gawd for this new ending. The first one was trash (to my tastes, anyways).

I can't wait for Gon and Killua to get stronger *O*
Dec 14, 2017 10:01 PM

Mar 2016
It's time for Gon and Killua to learn them NEN!!! This is starting to get more epic!

The new OP and ED was brilliant, the older OP is more catchy IMO
ShadowkillZDec 14, 2017 10:07 PM
May 20, 2018 5:30 PM

Nov 2016
Rewatching.

Gons opponents were literally push overs. *Ba dum tss*

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 2018 12:12 AM

Feb 2018
As usual, I'm singing the opening then starts singing it like "Daichi o fumishimete" then plays a second version of the original then I panicked then after hearing It is pretty good. Well, It's the next stage for them the Heavens Arena Arc training Nen well they change openings at what the situation is great episode as always.
Aug 13, 2018 11:47 PM

Dec 2014
cheeee… I guess I was wrong about the time skip… heaven’s tower looks so much promising
Dec 24, 2018 7:31 PM

May 2012
Really liked this arc in the original, so I sure am looking forwards to see what they'll do here! That new ED is also a whole lot more lit! Let's see what's next.
Dec 31, 2018 4:01 AM
Jan 2018
Amazing episode, I'm already loving this arc.
Oct 3, 2019 1:39 AM

May 2016
Great new opening and ending song right there! Gon and Killua are easily living the high life thanks to their immense strength chopping and pushing their way to victory but there will definitely be some fights where they'll have to do more than one move to win like how Killua's fight went with Zushi~

Nen came into the picture here and I can only imagine how big of a role that fighting style will have from now on.

Dec 3, 2019 2:04 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The opening has changed a bit, in both vocals and visuals I dig it still
I have definitely heard of Nen before, but Ren is a new word for me.
This new arc is proceeding way too fast, but it's still very enjoyable to say the least.
Jul 22, 2020 2:13 PM

Dec 2007
i read couple of the comments here, too much fast? i think the episode was slow.
gon said what i was about to think, when he did really got that strong? they actually called him "gon with the push" xD
just when i actually thought that what training it brings to gon they com up with the idea to ask hime about the "ren", it seem the interesting stuff coming up next.
Sep 5, 2020 6:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah this tower arc is really great so far, and wow there is a new ending theme, great!
Oct 21, 2020 3:43 AM

Apr 2013
With the introduction to haki... I mean nen this will get much more entertaining.
Dec 4, 2020 3:43 PM

Dec 2020
the fight was really cool! I'm excited to see whats coming next
Apr 17, 2021 2:01 AM

Jun 2020
Skipped the last ep. That was filler

People have said nen is the best anime power system. Well let's see it
May 12, 2021 10:27 PM

Aug 2018
Getting to floor 200 is gonna be easy!

Aug 30, 2021 3:32 AM

Aug 2018
New OP really isn't much tp complain about maybe it feels a little bit lazy but Departure was such a good song that keeping it was best decision.

Nen is a very interesting concept that has high potential if its really gonna be unique in its own ways
Dec 20, 2021 10:15 AM
Nov 2020
Seeing those characters in the ending song has me so hyped for Yorknew City
Jan 11, 2022 1:11 PM

Jun 2019
Oh... they are earning quite a lot of money. NiCE
Mar 21, 2022 9:07 AM

Aug 2021
An exciting arc just started
wonder what nen was...maybe some powerups are going to be in this arc :D
Jun 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Apr 2016
At this point I'm only watching to see how much influence this had on Naruto; that kid is totally Rock Lee lol.
Jul 6, 2022 2:00 PM

Mar 2022
New arc really started greatly!
Aug 16, 2022 12:44 AM

Feb 2019
Yes!!! I'm finally enjoying the series. It'll be interesting to watch as the opponents get stronger.

Although I do think Killua should have had absolutely no problem dispatching that baby.

Also, it's a shame they continued to use the same music for the opening - it's not a good song.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Sep 21, 2022 3:03 PM
Jan 2021
hxh is cool second intro weird and killua to overpower
Sep 29, 2022 4:51 AM
Jul 2022
i watched 20 episodes in 1 day i love it
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - Today

30 by Armaniooo »»
3 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Today, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.