Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2012 10:08 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode teaches one of that Rea despite being a Zombie is not exactly safe nor as MOE as one would take her. This part like in the manga made me realize of how Rea is crazy indeed as a zombie and that no one should consider her inoffensive after seeing her attempt on Wanko in this episode.

About the beginning, it starts with Rea in the spoiler
Rigor Mortis is a pain but Rea looks nice in the bed. Is that Rea or Chihiro’s mother? If so then they are spoiling stuff already. Still it was nice to see Babu in fact being concerned of Chihiro’s mood here. Indeed Chihiro is sick worried over Rea here. Poor guy loves the girl but is helpless. In fact I was little disturbed in the spoiler
of how they show fears of Rea being gone. Rather poignant. As usually though Chihiro got lucky in the spoiler
Rea falls on him.

That being said seeing more of Mero is always nice.

About Mero, I loved her faces in the spoiler
close up were nice! I liked seeing more of Chihiro interacting with Mero here. It does not happen often in some parts of this series but Mero is the official DFC loli so I like her. In fact I found her with the mask in the spoiler
as in “I got the strangest boner” as they say. Indeed there was some charm to her there. Of the best I still think the beginning with Mero in the spoiler
being awaken by Chihiro was the nicest. Blushed+Flushed Face and we get to see some of her room whom I like the flower there.

About the kiss and aftermath, there is nothing more satisfying than the following,

ALL THE BEST CHIHIRO! KANPAI! ALL THE BEST! KANPAI (kanpai = to cheers just sound better in Japanese)! In the spoiler
all the best for Chihiro. He got his kiss from his Zombie girl and that’s the turning point. Considering that Ranko here got jealous there is nothing more for her and she should GTFO. I know she won’t but clearly this sign should show her that Chihiro does not give a rat’s ass about anything than Rea in terms of love. She is his zombie girl after all. Chihiro indeed got jumped on by Rea. That hold in the spoiler
marvelous!

About Ranko, her fan service and Rea’s attack on her. At first Ranko was shown really nicely as in her ass shaking around. Ranko has that attractive ass that is perfected on some girls IMO. My 2 favorite poses of her are in the spoiler
that tongue but more than anything that POSE! SO DELICIOUS. Reminded me of another anime girl I liked due to that pose.
Babu is more adorable than ever. Doon was so funny with Ranko as in he played Chihiro into loving Ranko with dolls but obviously Chihiro does not care, just reacts. Ranko’s face when it gets blushy here and her face here were both win in cock-teasing and blushing. I felt enticed at that part. More than anything Ranko’s legs in the spoiler
are being continually shown. Whom nothing wrong there since they are attractive and there are feet fetish in anime.
Just saying. Loved how Chihiro reacted to her here.

Ranko’s way of seeing things between Rea and Chihiro in the spoiler
is just hilarious. However it just shows that she is just plain jealous of Chihiro. Cause it shows that she interrupts him in that fantasy. Furthermore she creates another fantasy in the spoiler
that involves her only to be disappointed of Chihiro’s reaction so she leaves him there. Until that is shit happens as she enter Chihiro’s room. Essentially what happens is that Ranko at first is stunned of her finding. That which is she does here around a shelf and she is blushing at WTF is it doing here? As if there really was a another girl until SURPRISE in the spoiler
OMG it’s Rea and she looks not stable at all.

About Ranko’s attack by Rea in points,

A) She loses no time and climbs on Ranko in the spoiler
it was much more sudden and a little sensual TBH. More so than the manga.

B) Obviously Ranko’s breasts get abused in the spoiler
from the looks of Rea it looks like she wants to eat them as food. I suspect a breast complex but WITH A ZOMBIE? A ZOMBIE? God! That is amazing to think but it’s possible deep down as loving Chihiro Rea does have jealousy still. A rather interesting part in terms of reactions from Rea despite short and fast.

C) My favorite in the following,

Ranko compared to the manga really gave out in the spoiler
the impression of being raped and as such was really licked by Rea. Most likely she wanted a taste of the meat before consuming it or to remember it to consume in the future. That being said some people might think of it close to Yuri the way Ranko reacts and that Rea is licking part of Ranko’s breasts however make no mistake Rea in thee end would have eaten Ranko! I have yet to see a horror of any private from girls being eaten but it’s sick to think of such an end result. Once again it’s quite possible if Chihiro was not there. Rea to say the least in the spoiler
totally looked like a Zombie no more human in behavior. SHE LOST IT!

So all in all compared to the manga IMO the attack was more: dramatic, ecchi and sensual due to the reactions of Ranko. I might be sick in thinking that but I prefer TBH. Less someone also though like that?

I ROFL how clumsy and foolish looking was Chihiro during his attempt to move Rea under the influence Rigor mortis whom I found out about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigor_mortis
under its definition Rea should be fine in less than 72 hours regardless of her problems.

About the preview, looks like more Ranko breasts. It looks like she freaks out also trying to throw the alarm clock most likely at Rea. Finally Rea eats the leafs in the spoiler
NICE! That part will be nice! I see also that the part in the spoiler
will be nice too in terms of fan service. Rea looks so nice here and I wonder what this part will be exactly in the anime. Rea looks so stunning in that outfit here of hers. Casual and nice. While I wonder of Chihiro here and what’s it about but I do know that the alarm clock is what is thrown from the looks of here. Might edit later.

BTW GIFs are done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=437161
I got one of Ranko’s clothing being torn off. I figure a excellent choice for a Ranko hater.
Yumekichi11May 3, 2012 7:59 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 3, 2012 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
I thought Rea is going to eat that girl like vampire (even though zombie), but she just ... So maniac @ the end!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 3, 2012 11:33 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, Rea moved like the flash attacking Ranko (and licking in between her breasts [Geez, that scene was practically hentai!]) and then kissing and crushing Chihiro with her arm hug. With Ranko watching, it was a classic NTR moment.

I was laughing hard at Grandpa's and Chihiro's "Cah! Cah! Cah!" laugh. Nice to see Mero get more screentime. She's awesome.
May 3, 2012 11:39 AM

Nov 2008
Ranko x Rea Yuri with a side of Chihiro's dream coming true with a nice kiss and bear hug. I'm glad it turned out lillicious and not a feast although I wouldn't minded Ranko being eaten.

I want an imouto like Mero, she even uses niiya as a sibling honorific.

May 3, 2012 12:34 PM

Oct 2010
Elite60 said:
Wow, Rea moved like the flash attacking Ranko (and licking in between her breasts [Geez, that scene was practically hentai!]) and then kissing and crushing Chihiro with her arm hug. With Ranko watching, it was a classic NTR moment.
See I warned of my post that the impression would amount to this and I was right. I doubt Elite60 reacted like that would that person would read the manga. That's what I like about a double take. You can see what is it in the anime that makes it better or different than the manga and compare. Harvest after the potential of the info. Yeah it was more hentai/NTR like than the manga. In fact it did not even give me the impression of that in the manga.

May 3, 2012 1:18 PM

Nov 2009
We got some more process in the part of Rea changing her life. Some friend worrying about Rea and Wanko getting annoyed by the Rea talk. Rea's rape attack was more funny for me than exiting. The kiss was expected and unexpected at the same time. And Rea hiding on top of the closet was really cool. Nothing much about this episode that I would like to point out.

LobkeMay 3, 2012 1:25 PM
May 3, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I doubt Elite60 reacted like that would that person would read the manga.

Oh, but I have read the manga. Just didn't think would be this explicit in the anime, especially a TV broadcast. I will admit it's been a while reading chapter 5.
May 3, 2012 2:20 PM

Jan 2012
Elite60 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Oh, but I have read the manga. Just didn't think would be this explicit in the anime, especially a TV broadcast. I will admit it's been a while reading chapter 5.

I expected the anime to be a complete crap compared to the manga, but.....looks like i was wrong. its been great so far. Approved :)

Note: Less fan service please =( and way to go Rea, kissed furuya right in front of her face. +1
Kappa-ingMay 4, 2012 4:43 AM
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
May 3, 2012 3:14 PM

Nov 2011
Dat kiss <3333

If there was one thing I say to this episode, it would be fan-service.

Well, looks like Ranko discovered something she's not supposed to.

Ending is a bit hot, disturbing, and zombish all the same time!
Stark700May 3, 2012 11:04 PM
May 3, 2012 3:27 PM

Oct 2010
Elite60 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

OK so I was still right about your reaction. COOL! So yeah the anime is so much more emphasized on many levels that it's just one word MIND-BLOWING and that's all.

May 3, 2012 4:06 PM

Aug 2009
OMG!!! The greatest episode so far. Music was splendid. When Rea attacked Chihiro I was utterly stunned, so freaking scary :D
May 3, 2012 4:24 PM
Mar 2012
Well other than me getting really tired of the Ranko fanservice I'd say the episode wasn't too shabby.
May 3, 2012 4:38 PM

Aug 2009
I've just watched this episode again. It was really good. It's even better than manga. The last scene with the "kiss" was marvelous. Rea's voice was so erotic, yet her grip was so deadly looking... I'm still not sure was I fascinated or scared.
Stark700 said:
Dat kiss <3333
No more words needed:)

BTW, is that only me, or most dislike Ranko? Personally I don't mind her and I can't see any reason to do.
May 3, 2012 5:08 PM

Jun 2011
I thought the episode was a bit slow :/

Question: Why does Mero wear that as her pajama? That's what you wear if you are dead...
ShihMay 3, 2012 5:11 PM
May 3, 2012 5:46 PM

Nov 2008
Shih said:

Question: Why does Mero wear that as her pajama? That's what you wear if you are dead...

Both families are fairly disfunctional...
May 3, 2012 7:01 PM

Oct 2010
Shih said:

Who said she was a zombie herself?

May 3, 2012 9:31 PM

Apr 2012
I was quite disappointed a few weeks ago reading the manga for this series. With focus on excessive Wanko fanservice and making Chihiro look like a zombie-loving douche, I had no expectations for this anime. Wow, what a switch has it been. Deen' approach made Sankarea real and something I can connect with.

Wanko's conversation with Rea's friend shows that Rea is not completely alone in the world. These are the seeds for Rea's re-entry into the world. As long as Rea doesn't just become another one of Chihiro's harem, but instead matures as a person and reconnects with the outside world, I am more than satisfied with this show. Granted, I don't mind romance between the two, but if that is the sole focus for the rest of the show, I would consider it very shallow. However, with the way Sankarea has treated Chihiro this episode, I have no worries about the direction of this anime.

Chihiro--I love his character. He is the MAN!

He's experiencing the one live girl he had a crush on dying a second time (I consider the crisis of Rea's decomposing body another form of her possible death), while maintaining the what resembles a normal life. This episode has many subtle hints about his mindset that he hides from others to not arouse suspicion. He sleeps in a separate room after ensuring Rea's safe in his bed. The warm smile that Chihiro projects towards Rea as he is leaving his room still confounds me. In addition, the room he sleeps in contains the memorial portrait of his mother onto which his imagination of Rea's laughing appears. This incident clearly brings memories of his mother, at the very least subconsciously, back to Chihiro. On another note, when he trips over carrying Rea to his closet, we get to hear his heart beating steadily. Again an indication that he deeply cares about Rea and not in a sexually way unlike other male characters we know of in anime.

The second and third episode explored Rea and her conflicts. This episode's focus turned to Chihiro and it approached him as a very amiable and real character. Sankarea's overall plot in the anime and the manga will probably stay the same, but the anime reigns supreme in its presentation of its characters.

Preview claims Rea will come to her senses--looking forward to that.
May 3, 2012 9:56 PM

Feb 2012
This episode was incredible. I was getting pissed cause nothing was happening and I had been anxiously awaiting this episode - I would have been so disappointed if nothing happened with Rea. And then, damn, did something happen. Serious yuri vibes there, loving it. Can't wait to see what happens to Chihiro, looks like he's getting the life sucked out of him with that kiss. Damn. One of the biggest holy shit moments of this anime season for me.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
May 3, 2012 10:08 PM

Oct 2010
30 min is nothing T_T
Shih said:

She is peculiar...

Dam Ranko is hot...
huh?
May 3, 2012 10:21 PM

Sep 2007
The fuck kind of zombie has a growling stomach? Well it's pretty obvious that the only thing keeping Rea from going crazy are the leaves that they used in the potion.

And all dat Wanko.
May 3, 2012 10:31 PM

Feb 2012
dat forced bear hug kiss
May 3, 2012 10:42 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,the calling of the meat!!

Another good adaptation even that they extend some scenes including that part with Rea classmate but besides that was a pretty good.

For most of the episode there wasnt many to talk besides that:

1.I would have peek while carrying Rea....i am weak what can i say!!
2.Mero its unique and cute!! Love her pajama!!
3.Crazy grandfather seems that he created the potion first....even that he is crazy an senile so ya...

Then at the end the fun begin!!!
Rea "raping" Wanko was hot as HELL!!! That groping!! That Tearing clothes!!! THAT LICK!!! Was pretty awesome and Yuri is always welcome in my hearth...specially with those 2!!

Then we got Rea "kissing" Chihiro...even that more that kiss seems she is sucking her soul!! O.O

Well next episode more question will be answer and more sexy Rea!!
May 3, 2012 10:43 PM

Feb 2012
really boring episode
May 3, 2012 10:44 PM

Jul 2010
this was an intense episode
Shih said:

big bro loves zombies, little sis loves ghosts.

May 3, 2012 10:47 PM

Sep 2010
That episode went too quickly. Damn it was good. LOL
I just can't with crazy Rea. Wow. :D
May 3, 2012 10:50 PM

Dec 2010
Dat kiss XD; Also Rea tasting the goods :P

Seems like they are sticking with the pacing of one chapter per episode, which isn't bad all things considering.
May 3, 2012 10:55 PM

Jun 2010
This episode ended kinda quickly for me. Can't wait for next week.

May 3, 2012 11:07 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode. Wanko finally finding out Rea's a zombie and is in Furuya's room. Rea in her 'zombie' state was so awesome. Her groans, body movements, and eyes, zombie girl aww yeah. :P Her limiter's gone so she has superhuman strength pressing Wanko down and ripping her shirt off. Pretty crazy. xD The fan service wasn't too bad kinda makes sense since Rea is hungry heh.

The grandpa's voice is perfect, being an oldie, typical for him to forget things so soon lol. I'm loving Mero's voice even more, she's so damn cute. That forced hug kiss was awesome, though Furuya must have been in so much pain lol. Wanko must be pretty jealous, seeing them kiss right in front of her. The pacing is quite slow but I like it this way. Don't want things to be rushed. :)
May 3, 2012 11:13 PM

May 2011
WTF!? Zombie Rea has just kissed him and bone crush him!

This show just getting more interesting.
May 3, 2012 11:15 PM

Nov 2011
My thought @ the ending before you-know-who came to the recuse:

May 3, 2012 11:21 PM

Jan 2012
I was marathoning the Walking Dead and saw this episode pop-up, just such a zombie filled day, WONDERFUL!
May 3, 2012 11:27 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode. I'm still wondering what else can happen.
May 3, 2012 11:34 PM

Aug 2010
My Zombie-GF can't be this hungry!

Didn't happen much in the episode apart from the last few scenes (delicious zombie-yuri-rape <3)
That kiss kinda threw me off. It's obvious rea likes him. If she loses her senses and turns zombie, she'll just like him for lunch instead. Better put her on a hydrangea diet (which will happen next episode - next friday can't come soon enough >.<)

Also, bonus points for mero and her... unique pajama. She's damn cute.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 3, 2012 11:35 PM

Nov 2011
Rigor Mortis makes you horny? That's a first.

If zombies were like this, I'd invite a zombie apocalypse.
MissileSoupMay 3, 2012 11:39 PM
May 3, 2012 11:35 PM

Jan 2012
Pretty slow at the start, but then the last 2 minutes or so was just amazing, Rea scared the FUCK out of me when she first showed up and then it was sexy when she was on top of Wanko
May 3, 2012 11:46 PM

Feb 2012
That was so hilarious! Babu made me laugh so hard <3
LOVED the kiss in the end, The hentai part was hilarious as well.
Amazing episode, 10/10 :<
May 4, 2012 12:06 AM

Dec 2011
Horny zombies are my favorite kind.

This is one of the longest waits for a show i've ever had to sit through. Next week won't come soon enough :c
May 4, 2012 12:12 AM

Apr 2011
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Nah, to sexy to burn. Well I can already tell that the leaves of that plant will take a huge role in the story. :E
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 4, 2012 12:36 AM

Jun 2010
I hate cliffhanger. Anyways, Damn they delivered that scene way better than the Manga.
May 4, 2012 2:08 AM

Sep 2011
Gah the first half was kinda slow, but the last part was so fastt
Can't wait for the next ep :D
May 4, 2012 2:39 AM

Jul 2010
It was just good, but not great. I was a little annoyed that the main character didn't realize she needed to eat the plant, which he witnessed Ba eat.
May 4, 2012 2:42 AM
Nov 2010
Good episode, indeed, but I guess he'll have to discover what she needs to do in order to survive...
May 4, 2012 3:00 AM

Apr 2010
Why was Rea able to move suddenly?

It looks like she can move around alright in the next episode too. Loved the kiss at the end lol.

5/5
May 4, 2012 3:32 AM
Jun 2008
Alot of Babu 's nude scene in this episode.( i like it >.< )
if I am not mistaken,Babu even speak out "uragirimono(traitor)" when it saw both Rea and Chihiro together. Maybe I misheard it since its also sound very similar to " Uwakimono(being unfaithful) ". Well.. either way, such unclear pronunciation will not be translate anyway.
Speaking of dialogue... Shino(the one that voice Akarin as well) 's kansai slang is weird.Its like Kantou + Kansai =.="
+1 to Iguchi during her speech during the preview.She sound like Maria from Haganai. A very versatile VA indeed.

Overall nice episode (5/5), I have nothing much to talk about since most people already mention it already lol
May 4, 2012 3:40 AM

Jun 2009
Vandesdelca said:
Why was Rea able to move suddenly?
Because rigor mortis dissipated, she went stiff in the afternoon and next afternoon it already went away, pretty quick but i guess it's acceptable. I dunno why Furuya turned on the AC though, warm temperature is suppoed to make rigor mortis go away faster.

Good episode. I didn't remember that classmate of Rea'a at all, she seems kind of out of place. Not sure if i should be happy that they didn't end it with a cliffhanger, because they could.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 4, 2012 3:57 AM
Jun 2008
OrochiPL said:
I dunno why Furuya turned on the AC though, warm temperature is suppoed to make rigor mortis go away faster.
Corpse decay more slow in cold temperature.
She is a decaying zombie(fujoshi) lol
May 4, 2012 5:01 AM

Oct 2009
Rea needs leaves quickly!
May 4, 2012 5:05 AM

Aug 2010
Well, Furuya is getting exactly what he wanted, sort of.
May 4, 2012 5:17 AM

Jan 2012
Wow, this episode was awesome! Wanko is annoying - eat her already.

May 4, 2012 5:46 AM

Dec 2007
brainstorm5 said:
pretty avarage... liked the first episodes more, and im not a big fan of that fanservice

I agree probably because I'm a girl and I'm not into yuri nor yaoi. But the episode was ok. I'm more interested in the plot :P
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

268 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2012

303 by DrAkiMakura »»
Feb 9, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.