Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 27, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2014
Dang, that's one heck of a case of Stockholm,..

Misaola said:
was the great soundtrack (song as in opera) when Chinatsu was dying ♥

Vissi d'Arte from Tosca, by Puccini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OIExoUb8jk

Paul said:
Going commando makes her aim better = best logic ever.

Actually, this made more sense to me than it should. Ever tried doing martial arts or shooting at the range with a pair of undies that's slighty too tight or creeping up your buttcrack? Yeah,..
LaionidasOct 27, 2014 4:53 PM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 24, 2014 6:39 PM

Aug 2010
I was hoping that Chinatsu would join them but unfortunately things didn't end well with her. I'm really interested into why Koko became an weapons dealer. Looks like something really messed up happened with her.

Great episode.
Jan 9, 2015 8:59 PM
Jun 2013
I didint expect ol shark teeth to bite it so early. Though I will say I cant feel bad for chinatsu though. She ended up joining the dude who killed her parents and even liking him. So shes pretty freaking dumb well at least we got an ass shot from her. Looks like we also got another new character scarecrow the cia dick.Also surprised we got to see koko actually scared for a second. Guess she feels defenceless without her team. I already can tell they are going to tell us that answer wayyyy down the line. Pretty good episode though surprised noone got shot during car chase.
Jan 21, 2015 6:57 AM

Feb 2014
Coldbid said:
the gun fight between the 2 cars at that distance and no one got hit!?

LOL - yeah, that's probably why this show reminds me of Black Lagoon so much. Thousands of bullets sprayed from a few feet away and no one gets hit. Suuuuuuuuuuure.
Mar 14, 2015 4:02 PM

Feb 2015
Bloody censors. Always ruining the good parts (oh and I'm talking about the singer and sharkman's death not whatever you were thinking of)

The soundtrack at the end was great though.
Sep 2, 2015 7:38 AM

May 2012
That takes care of those two... that ending sure was impressive though! Let's see what's next!
Nov 19, 2015 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
R.I.P. Commando Girl :(

Dec 11, 2015 1:31 AM

Aug 2013
I did not like Chinatsu or the Orchestra guy. I'm glad they're both dead.
Dec 20, 2015 9:48 PM

Jan 2015
No panties :O
Feb 24, 2016 7:15 AM

Feb 2015
Yumekichi11 said:

GOODBYE CHINATSU! My God guide you well but I think it’s Hell awaiting you.[/b] You killed people too Chinatsu. Does not matter whether you got brainwashed or forced. It’s still bad.

and i guess koko deserves some sort of damage control because....

33orion77 said:
I had high hopes for this one but the more I see the more I'm disappointed. Visuals and the some action scenes are good but I think the rest very ordinary.

Very disappointed with the orchestra arch, Characters have too few development. For example that "artist" from orchestra ( chinatsu's mentor ) is just a wannabe artist. Art is about sophistication and there was little sophistication in his love for gun noise.

gosh, so true.

I also didn't like that little flashback we had about chinatsu's past. Usually that technique is used to make us feel empathy for the villain that is about to die, making feel us some empathy for him and making his death more tragic. It's usually supposed to show us that the villain is also a human being but in this one we just see that Chinatsu is a psycho and I got no empathy for psychos.

I think the whole no panties stuff is also a bid absurd. Provocative with no reason..

This show might look good on the surface but if you go deeper I think it's missing something.

good to know i'm not the only one who was confused about that flashback. also and i the only one who is wondering why they decided not to kill her the first time? there was 0 explanation on that...

this show is either badly directed or too confusing for me to get. but i must admit my heart jumped for joy a bit when i saw that the CIA was on her. at least one guy is trying to bring justice down. oh and i was just a bit surprised that koko had corrupted the police system. i also liked how koko only deals with danger in her business but is scared to death of it. she gets frozen just by walking outside while her crew does all the work. honestly what kind of power does this girl have over them?
TomDayFeb 24, 2016 7:52 AM
Dec 11, 2016 12:56 AM

Jan 2013
loved this episode.
Mar 23, 2019 3:18 PM

Aug 2016
It's just me or all women in this show are freaking psychos? Well, I guess everybody kinda is in world of arms dealeres and mercenaries.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2019 12:22 PM
Aug 2013
Wow I really loved this episode.
I looked up the Oman police uniform and I'm impressed how it was similarly drawn.
I felt sad that Chinatsu was a normal girl, I believe she has developed a Stockholm syndrome.
The master death's moment was epic. and I pretty much like Lutz
I believe Chinatsu kills better without pants as she throws away part of her common sense and decency. Lehm is really so cool as a sniper.
Apr 25, 2019 10:30 PM
Feb 2019
Just started watching this series and feel like this arc had great potential but ended lack luster. Not because it had a bad ending, but because the conclusion was rushed into one episode.
Would've been better to have the last quarter of the episode be the crew waiting out for Chinatsu to make her move. This would've been great time for more characterization of our crew.
Then the next episode begins with Chinatsu coming crazed and on a rampage.
She seemed like a person who developed stockholm syndrome, so it would've been nice to see a tiny bit more on how she developed this relationship in her psyche with her master. That tiny bit of characterization was all we needed. Without it, her character arc felt poorly executed. I didn't feel one bit for her.

This whole show is supposedly about blurring the lines on good and bad similarly to Black Lagoon. Questioning who we're supposed to root for. Because our main characters obviously aren't good in the traditional sense, but we go along with them and hope for the best. It also felt rushed to end the scene with them hesitating to kill a young girl then cut three days later and suddenly they do just that anyway. Would've been better to get to that point slower and smoother. Instead it just felt weird and pointless showing their whole moral dilemma.

Also Chinatsu's reasoning with her not wearing her panties is actually quite an interesting part of her character. Her master mentioned ONCE in the entire arc when her hat was shot, that she should stop being superstitious for once. So she obviously believes strange things.
Her reasoning for her panties could've been taken alittle more seriously by the audience if we established her superstitious beliefs better. Doing this required more and better constructed scenes with the Orchestra duo which obviously concludes with my opinion and my reasoning with why this arc needed one more episode to tie it all up nicely.

I'm enjoying this show don't get me more. It's just this is the first time an arc (over more than one episode) was done in this series which was well executed only to end quite disappointingly. The ending scene between Koko and Chinatsu though was chilling and well done, but it overall could've been better as a third episode conclusion to a better executed second episode.
Jun 29, 2019 11:42 PM
Jul 2016
So let me get this straight... I'm suppose to believe that .50 CAL M2 browning machine gun shredded that SUV up like a piece of swiss cheese and yet all 4 of Hekmatyar's men were somehow able to survive that??? I see realism isn't this show's strong point, it's got the main cast covered in plot armor as hard as diamonds.

This is the kind of thing that ACTUALLY HAPPENS when you shoot a vehicle full of bullets; https://youtu.be/xYsSQw_EwBo?t=110
Sep 18, 2019 4:52 PM

Mar 2018
Chinatsu was a really interesting character. Sad to see her go.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 21, 2019 5:27 AM

Mar 2016
Where the hell did they get that "60% of world citizens own a gun" statistic? It's complete nonsense. And then they go so far as to say 10% of all people are actively carrying a gun in order to try and prove some point; utterly ridiculous.

Otherwise I've been enjoying the show so far, but pushing ideologies based on made up statistics pisses me off enough to detract from my enjoyment. Now I don't disagree with the idea that people are intrinsically violent creatures, but using these gun stats to prove it isn't exactly a sound argument.

Also, I agree with what another poster said about the obvious plot armor, aka, the car getting shot full of holes yet miraculously nobody got hurt. I think I've seen this situation in anime so many times that I don't even give it a second thought, I've just sort of accepted it. I wonder, does that make me an irresponsible viewer? Whatever.
C_M_Sep 21, 2019 5:34 AM
Sep 23, 2019 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
This show is a festival of irritating characters. Chinatsu and the crazy ass bastard died in their own law, hearing the 'music' they liked to hear.

I'd like to see that CIA agent getting his brains blown by one of Koko's men. Great soundtrack btw.
Nov 30, 2020 10:45 AM

Jul 2017
Best episode of the 4 so far, and a big improvement of the previous episode's bizarre gunfight. This episode just exemplifies how much underground power Koko has over many organizations and people, having the Dubai police there assist her instead of arrest her when she was taken in there by a CIA agent. She has the world on her fingertips in a way. Her conversation with Jonah about weapons and how most of the world that owns guns are not even military, but ordinary civilians who own it for their own 'safety', and how the world truly is corrupt when a lot of people trust a gun and bullets rather than others and just words.
Mar 2, 2021 10:51 AM
Aug 2020
Not gonna lie, I would have preferred it if the CIA would have gotten it instead of Chinatsu.
Mar 10, 2021 6:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This show really doesn't follow the standard tropes. I was doubly surprised. First I thought that Chinatsu would survive and join the gang. And then I thought that the Scarecrow guy would thing would drag on a whole lot more, but he got jis just desserts right away. I mean he's probably still going to be a problem down the line, but I like how he got humiliated asap.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 15, 2021 2:23 PM

Feb 2017
Feels like such a waste to kill off Chinatsu this early on, she could have been a fun rival in the long run. As it is I don't see much reason for sticking around, what a shame.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Apr 28, 2022 7:49 AM

Nov 2016
Sad to see Chinatsu(thought she would join the crew) and Orchestra die, but at least her biggest secret was revealed, lmao.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2022 6:14 AM

May 2016
@Fmmatron too bad she didn't join them would have made the party more interesting :/
Jan 15, 2023 10:16 PM

Dec 2020
Ok so orchestra was psycho crazy killing innocents while Koko is more eccentric crazy. I was gonna assume the girl was gonna show up later in the season for revenge but good thing they just snagged that right away. Something must of snapped in her so while I feel a little sorry like not really though.

Small glimpse too but Koko seems to have a problem with being alone and her reason in for being in this business must be super ambitious for either good or bad can't predict it.
Jul 25, 2023 3:09 PM
Dec 2021
i dont know why i clicked 4, this episode was alright
Aug 27, 2023 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
I like the talk about humankind spending so much on weapons instead of using them all on welfare. I look forward to the day when there are no more countries so that defense spending will be a thing of the past. It might be an impossible dream with the way the human mind works. We are hopeless.

Chinatsu looked hot when she did that flip, and no panties! I want to screw her in the butt!
I'm sad a cutie like her died, but I'm also glad the story didn't go for the cliche of recruiting her to the team.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2012

92 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2012

164 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

93 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:15 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

227 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.