Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 26, 2010 4:47 AM

Jun 2010
Well, I attended a more "LOVEFUL HAPPY ENDING" since Tadashi and Akira were already dating (their love story was great ;D).
I find that the end was not so bad up to the moment Hikari and Kei were finally KISSING ! (OH YEAAAAAH !) "You are my special... <3" Oh man...
Why does it end like that ? Why does the last minute exist ? Why is he still callin' her "NII-SAN". =____=
Does he really think he's gonna call some other girl "ICHI-SAN" some day ?
Why don't they start a new romance after their kiss in London ?
Oh come on...

[By the way, I'm french, so "Si il y a quelques français qui par hasard passent sur ce site, je serai contente d'enfin pouvoir écrire mes comments en fr. Bien que je sois bilingue, c'est toujours plus naturel pour moi de papoter "in french please." (:
ciao.]
Jul 11, 2010 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
That was a rather disappointing ending.
Jul 30, 2010 6:25 AM

Aug 2009
I thought to myself when they were at the tower and the kissed , that is was a wonderfull ending and then it was just everything like in the beginning
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 31, 2010 6:07 PM
Aug 2009
They could have done better. Mind you i never had high hopes for this series, i only watched because i'm a raging fan of Yuuko Gotou. But i really felt things could have wrapped up better in London. And i'm not gonna even comment on Aoi, for someone who pulled so many strings to give up because a peasant girl doesn't give up really tested my suspension of disbelief.

Regardless, in retrospect it was a good series, especially the absurd comedy. Also, i loved how Gotou managed to pull off the tomboyish Hikari. She get's typecasted too much into moe roles (though for a good reason), but i really hope to listen to her playing more diverse roles. Maybe a tsundere, lol.
Aug 2, 2010 1:43 PM

Jun 2010
ice_gray said:
I thought to myself when they were at the tower and the kissed , that is was a wonderfull ending and then it was just everything like in the beginning

Yup, I felt exactly the same. So disappointed.
Aug 14, 2010 1:25 AM

Jul 2010
Baka_Ranger said:
I didn't like this ep at all. Ending was... lol there was ending?? Where o.O ?? I didn't see any endings >: What's up with that? Some random kiss in the end, no confessions, nothing.. there was almost no development in Hikari x Kei relationship...
Anyways, we did see Finn looking at Ryuu from the window at some moment. So, maybe there is hope for second season? Would be great...

Agree
Aug 31, 2010 3:36 AM

Oct 2009
... is there any information for sequel of this anime??

b'cause Last year.. anime end..

Oct 6, 2010 6:16 PM
Feb 2010
Woah, what the hell was this? It's like it just dived after the first dozen or so episodes.
Oct 7, 2010 6:18 AM
Sep 2010
Dissatisfied with the ending. Really.
The ending was just meh. I was like, "That's it? So it ends here? This is the ending?"
I agree with everyone else, there didn't seem to be a development between Hikari and Kei's relationship. >___<
GAHHH sucha letdown. I'm really hoping there would be a second season of this.
Oct 25, 2010 5:15 AM

Jul 2010
theeggman85 said:
Man i was really thinking kei was gettin ecchi there...

"And if I win, I'll take your... VIRGINITY!"

thats what i heard in my head anyway, lol
I think he had said that it would've been more funnier:P I think

Nov 3, 2010 6:53 AM

Sep 2010
I really liked this ending episode; the whole series was just so cute :3
A series totally worth re-watching :D
Nov 10, 2010 7:20 AM

Nov 2010
i really hope there would be another season
just until kei proposes to hikari just like on the manga or something more about their relationship..
^_^
o.0
Nov 23, 2010 2:42 AM

Nov 2010
i felt like i just rewatched Ouran, still it was leet.
Nov 30, 2010 12:34 AM

Mar 2010
azmaty said:
ice_gray said:

Yup, I felt exactly the same. So disappointed.

I agree to both of you...i mean what the hell , they are FLYING AT THE TOWER? WOW 8D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2010 8:09 AM
Nov 2010
Why can't there be season 2?????? When Ryuu was holding a dog outside the building, there was a person looking at him from the window... and i'm pretty sure that was finn. So someone should make a season 2 to explain that!!!! Urgh!!! The ending was cute.... but kinda random as well :P :'(
Dec 22, 2010 10:47 PM
Dec 2008
Anyone who has read the manga -- how close does the anime follow the manga? If I wanted to skip some chapters and start where the anime ends, would I be able to? If so, around what chapter should I start at?
Dec 24, 2010 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
How is that an ending??

Loved Megumi x Yahiro moment though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 9, 2011 7:40 PM

Sep 2010
Kinda a bad ending... But at least they got together. That's more than we can say about the Ouran couple.

I loved how they were floating.

What Season 2 consists of: what happened when they stop floating? The ambulance ride on the way to the hospital.

Feb 7, 2011 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
Alright, the ENDING.
But not satisfied.

Why is it that Ryuu don't have any partner!?

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Mar 14, 2011 4:12 PM
Apr 2009
chiquit0621 said:
Alright, the ENDING.
But not satisfied.

Why is it that Ryuu don't have any partner!?

Because there's no second season. Check out the Manga. There's a lot more material, and it's great =]
Apr 19, 2011 1:04 AM

Feb 2008
the ending was weak. End of story
May 26, 2011 1:34 PM
May 2011
so the ending was weak, but my main concern was how did they get down from the clock.... cuz I'm sure they didn't land a fall that high up.
Jul 6, 2011 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
Your concern is how they survived the fall? Oh why it's not like they showed superhuman supowerpowers (yes it's intended) across the entire series.
Jumping 100 feet high, punching through solid steel and stuff like that? Easy.
Surviving a fall - impossible!

They never obeyed any laws of physics to begin with.

It was a great series but the ending... It was better than what I feared it would be but still a lot lot lot lot lot worse than what I kinda hoped it could be.

No confessions, just a random kiss and we get a typical "everything ends fine but nothing gets resolved" ending. Well at least it was a lil more direct than let's say Gohsuushou-sama where there was virtually N-O-T-H-I-N-G resolved in the end (even though I loved that one).

So yeah - would love a second season but the sad truth is - it ain't gonna happen.
Dec 1, 2011 1:17 PM
Sep 2011
i thought i was watching a shonen anime lmao
Mar 11, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Good Ending?
Challenge Accepted
(Watches This Ep)
Close Enough
Mar 27, 2012 8:28 PM

Jan 2011
The ending was rather weak, but overall a good enjoyable show. From comments in the forum I think I have to read the manga now.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 5, 2012 2:45 PM

Nov 2011
_Gintoki_ said:
i thought i was watching a shonen anime lmao

I kinda have to agree with this. For a shoujo, it was fairly sexist and quite frankly I don't think the Gonzo art style did the whole thing any favors. Been a while since I've given a show I just completed a 6/10. It was okay, it was fun, but it really wasn't very special at all. BIG dissapointment after just finishing Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, which I felt was superior in pretty much every way.

It's really just a very weak mix of Ouran and Kaichou. Bland characters, predictable, unrealistic events that aren't outrageous or well-done enough to be funny, and as others have said- a very, very weak ending. I can say with certainty that we don't need a season 2. Just give us season 2 of Kaichou instead. =)
AmberlehJan 27, 2013 5:58 PM
Jul 8, 2012 7:23 PM
Jul 2011
Ending was eh, I was definitely hoping for a confession or something. Overall I enjoyed the series though.

Side note, does anybody know the piano song playing during a lot of the sentimental moments in the show?
Jul 30, 2012 1:04 PM
Dec 2011
I was hoping for Hikari to say something more /grrr . But like they said, I don't know how i could've ended it better and also the fact it was kinda of weak. I still don't regret watching this , there's also Megumi and Yahiro <3 8/10
Oct 20, 2012 4:30 AM

Jul 2012
The ending was good... but it could have been better. That kissing part at the clock kinda made me wonder. I didn't know they could fly... and how they ended... well... I SUGGEST ANOTHER SEASON WITH MORE ROMANCE.
Oct 21, 2012 2:02 PM

Sep 2012
Kanon9 said:
Ending was eh, I was definitely hoping for a confession or something. Overall I enjoyed the series though.

Side note, does anybody know the piano song playing during a lot of the sentimental moments in the show?

maybe this?
Nov 4, 2012 1:29 AM

Mar 2009
Lol that mid-air kiss.
Apr 26, 2013 10:52 PM

Aug 2010
Didn't like the ending, but overall this was a great watch.

Couple of things I don't understand though. Who the hell is supporting Hikari??? Her family is poor, and she goes to the richest school in Japan?!?!? How did she pay for the trip to Hawaii? MAL's synopsis says the father is paying for the school... Really?

We don't see the father working at all; he's always lounging around when we see him. I know she's hanging out with rich kids that could be paying for everything, but at least mention it (unless I missed it).
Jul 1, 2013 1:47 PM
Jul 2013
Hahaha wouldn't it be a tragic ending if after they kissed in midair they fell to their death while still kissing.... aww I just made myself sad...
Jul 25, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2011
One of the cutest episodes of the whole series!! The first few episodes were not that great, but this anime only kept getting better and better. Overall, a delightful anime :) I never thought I would get hooked to S.A this much. It's a 10/10 for me!

Give me my second season please <3
Jul 25, 2013 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
I liked it. One of the more well written animes out there. The ending wasn't perfect but by anime standards it wasn't bad, I give it an eight. I would've given it a nine if the voice acting was better directed. I checked a couple of times just to make sure Stephen Foster wasn't involved. The Main characters weren't that bad, but the side/background characters I could tell were seriously under-managed and left much to be desired.

What happened to that write erase board Yahiro gave to Megumi? I guessed she preferred several pages that she could use for prewritten responses.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Oct 14, 2013 8:00 PM
Jul 2013
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME OR ATLEAST WHERE TO FIND THE INSTRUMENTAL THAT WAS PLAYED IN THE LAST MINUTES OF THIS EPISODE?

ALSO THE AFORMENTIONED INSTRUMENTAL ALSO PLAYS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SERIES DURING EMOTIONAL SCENES.
Oct 19, 2013 8:27 AM

Oct 2012
Aw, YahiroxMegumi moment ruined by Tadashi.... They almost kissed :(
Poor Ryuu.. someone please date him!!

I believe I can fly xD

I'm not satisfied with this kind of ending!!!!!
"Signature removed"
Nov 30, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2011
The ending felt really dumb and fairy tailish.
Just go and kiss on top of London tower while floating
mid-air. Kei couldn't just chase Hikari down in some park
like a normal person and just kiss her? I really wanted
to see an episode were they're a couple and what
happens from there. Well that was my only problem
with the show, other then that it was kinda cute~
MikeS90Nov 30, 2013 2:23 PM
Feb 11, 2014 10:29 PM
Dec 2013
God dammit, there should have been more love in that ending!
Mar 5, 2014 12:49 AM

Apr 2012
show was cliche as fuck but I enjoyed the show; the comedy, quirky character interactions, romance. the 2nd half of the series was definitely much better than the latter half

a decent, non serious rom com watch
7/10

Apr 1, 2014 1:47 AM

Aug 2011
Hmmm. I read the manga so for me it wasn't that good.
These effects were so kitsch. Why.
Of course I didn't excpect much of a 25 episodes anime to cover 17 volumes but still. I would say it was ok.
I'd give a 7/10 just because it was fun.
May 26, 2014 9:24 PM

Apr 2014
I didn't like the ending too much. It was pretty lame and not satisfying at all. They could have at least had a confession or I love you.
Aug 6, 2014 9:53 PM

May 2014
Question is, why didn't the guards stop the kids? They could just sue the kids, lay off the other parents and fucking act like dictators if they wanted to. If a representative of Google was at your house with 20 guards, no shit you will listen am I right? you have no social standing, basically you are fucked when it comes to the law. Where are the Tasers/firearms, heck even a club or baton? They have defensive lasers but nothing?

I thought they fell off the clock tower kissed in the air and became paraplegics. I mean how the fuck did they get back to London wtf?
Sep 21, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
Megumi and Yahiro <3
Dec 5, 2014 3:33 AM

Dec 2013
Wow... so this series was probably one of the best romance once I've seen. It was perfect.

I loved it all.

But who do i love most?
Takishima Kei
Why? Simply because he's not your dumb oblivious blind/dense MC. He expresses his feeling so clearly and he's so awesome.

The girl Hikari is also pretty good, as well as Tadashi. Those are my few most favorite, as well as Yahiro.

Loved this show, the ending was perfect and satisfying. Though they could've went into more depth/detail when developing Kei and Hikari's relationship. Made it a bit too rushed in the end I think. Also wasn't very clear about why they let Kei back after being SOOOO forceful about him going to London, doesn't make that much sense. But overall it was AWESOME.

5/5 and 10/10 for the series.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Dec 15, 2014 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, poor Hikari, she still hasn't beat Kei. But it had to end with a duel, isn't it?

Anyway, it was cute, but I would have liked a confession from Hikari side. I mean, I laughed out loud when she said that he was her special friend when they were kissing. Poor dude, he's been friend-with-benefitzoned! Miss Hikari wild ride never end!

That was a fun watch, I may pick up the manga just to see if they end up together, damnit!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 11, 2015 9:08 AM
Aug 2012
Perfect ending, perfect kiss and friends scenes!
Sep 25, 2015 6:25 AM

Feb 2015
Last two episodes are so dramatic! But in the end it was a good anime...
Nov 23, 2015 3:25 PM

May 2014
Special A, an anime that did not know what it wanted to acheive. Did it try to be funny? Or was it trying for satisfying romance? Did the producers want to show hilarious comedy through repetition? Maybe sweet moments that make us smile and chuckle? Heck, Was it trying to be a mexican soap drama? No, it did not commit to any of the categories, leaving a bland taste in the mouths of the watchers. We weren't roused enough to laugh, weren't riled up to cry,weren't touched by anything.

In short, it half-assed every genre that can be possible encompassed in a school genre anime. Themes for this story are expectedly childish which was clearly aimed towards young girls, which include: "Don't tell lies!" "always say sorry, no matter the situation." "Always try to make friends." It seems so kiddy. Special A is a good example of an amalgamation of mildly sour tunes that just didn't come together well.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Special A Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naruleach - Aug 13, 2008

93 by Rahul_101 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Special A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 23, 2008

57 by RioAl »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Special A Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Apr 24, 2008

69 by JeremiahOrange »»
Oct 5, 2022 8:24 AM

Poll: » Special A Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Apr 7, 2008

116 by Fierrza »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:14 PM

Poll: » Special A Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Apr 30, 2008

68 by RyyanIsHere »»
Sep 5, 2022 12:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.