Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2008 10:31 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok so that episode was perfect! It was funny and it ended like it should have! All the couples were so KAWAII!! haha And best of all Hikari and Kei finally kissed! I was so happy! It is sad, however, that the anime has now ended! At least I still have the manga! :3

All Hail Lelouch!
Sep 16, 2008 3:13 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't like this ep at all. Ending was... lol there was ending?? Where o.O ?? I didn't see any endings >:\ What's up with that? Some random kiss in the end, no confessions, nothing.. there was almost no development in Hikari x Kei relationship...
Anyways, we did see Finn looking at Ryuu from the window at some moment. So, maybe there is hope for second season? Would be great...
Sep 17, 2008 5:46 AM
Jul 2018
Baka_Ranger said:

Anyways, we did see Finn looking at Ryuu from the window at some moment. So, maybe there is hope for second season? Would be great...

OMG, They HAVE TO make second season and I hope that they've shown Finn to tell us that... there'll be continuation :D Ain't I right?
Sep 17, 2008 11:08 AM

Mar 2008
The ending was way too predictable, although I, myself, couldn't think of a better one, other that than this episode was great.
Sep 17, 2008 4:34 PM

Jan 2008
Ending was nothing special. The way they ended it was rather boring. Also, apparently Kei and Hikari can fly. Overall I give it a 8/10.
Sep 17, 2008 5:23 PM
Apr 2008
i so predicted that they were going to kiss in front of the clock
Sep 17, 2008 7:03 PM

Aug 2008
Everyone is a couple... (Animals count?) Awesome anime and great ending. Would love to see another season.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 17, 2008 7:37 PM

Dec 2007
Great series, okay ending. I was expecting at least Kei to say "I love you" , but on Hikari's side, gotta admit that "You're my special one" is all that she can handle saying for the moment. Maybe later she'll really be able to say it. SEASON 2 PLEASE! ^^
Sep 17, 2008 10:19 PM

Aug 2007
The ending was so-so... expected much more. Well there's still the manga though...

Sep 17, 2008 11:12 PM
May 2008
I have to say it was almost disappointing...I really had my hopes up for more of a development between Kei and Hikari...at lease confessions...u know? Overall i was glad to see them kiss and the way it happened was reallllly cute. and yeah. they can fly.
Sep 18, 2008 1:06 AM

Jul 2008
Now I wish I had dropped this instead of getting hooked on the first 12 episodes. Huge disappointment. This show went from a 10/10 for me to a 7/10. This horrible finish has ruined an otherwise addictive, fun and quirky show.
Sep 18, 2008 1:46 AM

Aug 2007
Although it was predictable, the ending was okay. Actually the series was good for wanting me to read the manga, so I'll give it a try.
Sep 18, 2008 3:13 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
yay for flying couples!

I'm glad Finn got included.

thank god the manga's way better.
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 18, 2008 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
it was good! kinda reminded me of ouran for a moment.. jumping and hugging... except the kissing and totally defying gravity! there's gotta be a second season!
Sep 18, 2008 6:44 AM

Aug 2007
Tadashi was the thing that made this episode!

Ikedakimasuuuuuuuuaaaahhhhhhhhhh*zap*

Other than that, huge dissapointment. Unless they bring a second season, then it will all make more sense.

Sep 18, 2008 6:48 AM

Aug 2008
The ending was good, nothing special though. But Hikari x Kei is teh win!
Need season 2 nao!
Sep 18, 2008 10:59 AM

Apr 2008
This was the perfect ending to this series. It felt just right ^^
Awww, all the couples are so sweet!
I spent the whole time smiling like crazy.

LOL, flying couples xD
Sep 18, 2008 6:11 PM

May 2008
of course a happy ending but it was a good episode
man i wanted to see more of the other couples
hope fully they make another season
Sep 19, 2008 2:30 PM

Jan 2008
Huh.... was that it ?!.... hmmmm.... it just felt like a normal episode.....
hmmm.... i give that ending 5/10....
oh well... A season 2 would be nice ^^
~ The Statement Below is True. ~
~ The Statement Above is False. ~
Sep 20, 2008 9:55 AM
Jun 2008
Gah, so that's it?
Sure, sure, i loved it. it was funny, it was cute, it had a happy ending but... I dunno. I'm really unsatisfied. the ending was kinda crap. everything goes back to normal?? i like it when their lives are changed forever and they step forward into their new, bright future!
It was cool to see London though. Even if it does seem that Kei lives in St Paul's and that Big Ben has an invisible glass platform coming out designed for japanese teenagers to make out in mid air on.
Roll on season 2 though! I wanna see who Ryuu's mysterious window dwelling true love is!
Sep 20, 2008 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
ionamay said:
Gah, so that's it?
Sure, sure, i loved it. it was funny, it was cute, it had a happy ending but... I dunno. I'm really unsatisfied. the ending was kinda crap. everything goes back to normal?? i like it when their lives are changed forever and they step forward into their new, bright future!
is!

I totally agree with you, because I had had problems with saying what is this feeling; exactly, everything during time of subtitles was too normal, maybe not behaviour of 5 of S*A (it was nice, and Megumi said something ("Ah" <lol2>, Akira and Tadashi were cute as usual :D), but Kei and Hikari... the one difference in their attitude was that she smiled while saying: "Don't call me Miss Number Two" ;)
Sep 20, 2008 9:31 PM
Feb 2008
wah! yahiro and megumi. <3
Sep 21, 2008 9:23 PM

Mar 2008
I couldn't think of any better ending, was ok... i give it 8/10 overall

... the thing that i didn't like it was the flying kiss O.O
could it be a better kiss xD
Sep 21, 2008 9:24 PM

Mar 2008
Blay said:
ionamay said:
Gah, so that's it?
is!

I totally agree with you, because I had had problems with saying what is this feeling; exactly, everything during time of subtitles was too normal, maybe not behaviour of 5 of S*A (it was nice, and Megumi said something ("Ah" <lol2>, Akira and Tadashi were cute as usual :D), but Kei and Hikari... the one difference in their attitude was that she smiled while saying: "Don't call me Miss Number Two" ;)

I agree... nothing really change
Sep 22, 2008 1:30 AM

Jun 2008
what can i say other then disappointing! i was really looking forward to this episode as the whole season has be amazing. but the final episode seemed not have conculed anything. if they are going to leave it like this i will be very disappointed.
the kiss seemed out of place and the whole 'jumping from big ben' seemed totally out of wack. i know its an anime but even kei cant jump from big ben and survive.

the last sceen was pretty crap too. there was no indication to if hikari and kei were now dating or anything!

the season up the episode 24 was very very good, but the last episode brings it down.

my mark for the series before ep24 is a 10/10... but my mark for ep 24 is a disappointing 6/10.

not enough emotion!
Sep 22, 2008 1:36 AM

Jun 2007
I have to say this was a far better ending then I was expecting from this show. The first half of the series was awful but the second have was a major change. I'm happy how this show turned out in the end. I'm guessing from the posts above that the story continues in the manga, I guess I'll have to start reading it.
Sep 22, 2008 1:44 AM

Jan 2008
Akane said:
Hikari and Kei finally kissed!]

as far as i rememer they kissed before forgot which episode but its the episode when kei said he could go to hell with hikari.. you know when he was sick and all..

anyway this episode was all good, had to wait longer for it then you guys coz i loved the m33w subs.. i loved it when ryuu did that thing to the dog so kawaii!! although when kei and hikari kissed they were flying? i know they're like super amazing but flying?

and that girl if it is a girl when they showed the couples the one at the window when they previewed ryuu was that his partner?

i can finally say maybe no season 2 but atleast an OVA? onegai!
Sep 22, 2008 5:07 AM

Jun 2008
loved the series but the ending was a little lacklustre

overall: 9/10
Sep 22, 2008 5:15 AM

Mar 2008
AnimePwincess said:
Huh.... was that it ?!.... hmmmm.... it just felt like a normal episode.....
hmmm.... i give that ending 5/10....
oh well... A season 2 would be nice ^^

I would give it a tad higher score, maybe a 7 (cuz Tadashi is funny)

Kinda half-assed with the "break through with everyone's strength" ideal.

Time to read the manga then XD
Sep 22, 2008 7:17 AM

Apr 2007
Disappointing ending is disappointing. They tried to keep all the elements from the beginning at the very end, but it just made it seem as if the characters grew nothing at all, which contradicts with pretty much the rest of the episode. The kissing in mid-air? Dramatic, but it made my eye twitch.

I love this series, really do, but this last episode was just far too disappointing.
Sep 22, 2008 7:26 AM

Mar 2008
God i wanted a dam confession! At least they kissed but omg. 9 from me
Sep 22, 2008 7:32 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah it ended like I guess. Fail end. If they keep ouuuuuut manga like that this is the result. Fail.
Sep 22, 2008 7:45 AM
Dec 2007
Oh my. Special A can be funny but at times, they just go too far with the exaggeration and the anime-original-developments. For instance, YahiroxMegumi aren't an official couple in the anime yet - the fact that Yahiro suddenly tried to KISS Megumi was OOC.
Also, why can Hikari and Kei fly in the air? >_> After watching episode 19 I wanted to give it an 8 but then reduced it to 7 and now I want to give it a 6/10 >_>
Sep 22, 2008 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
geezer said:
Oh my. Special A can be funny but at times, they just go too far with the exaggeration and the anime-original-developments. For instance, YahiroxMegumi aren't an official couple in the anime yet - the fact that Yahiro suddenly tried to KISS Megumi was OOC.
Also, why can Hikari and Kei fly in the air? >_> After watching episode 19 I wanted to give it an 8 but then reduced it to 7 and now I want to give it a 6/10 >_>

In my opinion, Megumi/Yahiro was the best part of episode 24, because I love this pairing, it's so touching and cute and beautiful :D It was so nice.
On the other hand, I find annoying other exaggeration = too much comedy, for example canon rice bals in episode 6/7/whatever were funny, but supernatural Kei's abilities... and BIG BEN KISS, it was so stupid... >< And poor Tadashi in episode 24, I can understand checking security system by him (and Akira xD), because it was only one moment, but having him stopping laser gun... it was too big exaggeration, I suppose. We can say these lasers cause uncounciousness, but I don't like it, either xP
Sep 22, 2008 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
I just don't get it why most of you is so pissed/disappointed with the ending. I think it had everything it should of had, and i couldn't think of a better way to end the show. I even liked the "break through with everyone's strength" thing, although it was a bit corny. And while the characters acted like at the beginning, like nothing changed..but they did change!

Only thing is that i couldn't get over the fact that they just f***** jumped off the f***** tower! It ruined the whole kissing scene for me, so I had to re-watch it.

I think DeathfireD summarized the whole show in general pretty well: "The first half of the series was awful but the second have was a major change. I'm happy how this show turned out in the end." I'm looking forward to a possible season 2, but i'm quite satisfied with what i've gotten.
Sep 22, 2008 3:06 PM

Jul 2008
The ending was good, not great, but good. I like that it was a full SA effort to get to Takashima. Like everyone is saying the ending was kind of lacking and had me saying "that's it!"

Overall the series was enjoyable, especially the later episodes, so I'm giving the series and 8/10.

I hope to see a second season.
Sep 22, 2008 3:13 PM
Nov 2007
OMG I LUVED IT!!!OMG!I HOPE THERE'S A SECOND SEASON!OMG
Sep 22, 2008 6:19 PM

May 2008
Eeh, the ending was okay. After all that, there's nothing definite between Kei and Hikari, even with the kiss. I guess I wished she properly told him how she felt. It bothered me that she continously called him her rival.

I guess it would've left a bad impression if Kei didn't end up going back, but I felt Aoi gave in way too easily.

Aa, well, it was a good show.
Sep 22, 2008 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
sorry but i liked the show till the end but that end .....
these last episode killed the whole show .... absolutely
unworthy end theyre rushed thru and btw. what was that
.... zero-gravity in front of big ben ?? o_O .... no sorry
but this last episode gets a - FAILED -

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Sep 22, 2008 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
This was so beautiful. I really hope there will be a season two. I can't get enough of Special A, and it's now has its own place in my heart. <3
Sep 23, 2008 12:06 AM

May 2008
Perfect ending. It be nice if their was a second season.
Sep 23, 2008 12:19 AM

Nov 2007
overall very good. the last episode was good until the last scene. tho i would have liked to see hikari fight aoi again and beat him.

also did anyone else just get that "sailor moon" feeling when the were flying towards the clock and holding each other.
Sep 23, 2008 8:13 AM
Dec 2007
Blay said:
In my opinion, Megumi/Yahiro was the best part of episode 24, because I love this pairing, it's so touching and cute and beautiful :D It was so nice.
On the other hand, I find annoying other exaggeration = too much comedy, for example canon rice bals in episode 6/7/whatever were funny, but supernatural Kei's abilities... and BIG BEN KISS, it was so stupid... >< And poor Tadashi in episode 24, I can understand checking security system by him (and Akira xD), because it was only one moment, but having him stopping laser gun... it was too big exaggeration, I suppose. We can say these lasers cause uncounciousness, but I don't like it, either xP

Well, true, as a supporter of YahiroxMegumi I should love how they suddenly turned them into an official lovey-dovey couple, but my problem is that there was absolutely NO DEVELOPMENT. They first talked to each other (got to know each other) in epi19. And then there has been silence. Not a single word about them until we see Yahiro trying to kiss Megumi in the finale. Thus, their ending lacks depth and doesn't convince the watchers. In the manga, there was more development between them and Yahiro doesn't have any romantic feelings...yet XD That's why I can say that Yahiro's sudden change of character is unrealistic. He can't suddenly break through the wall he's built around himself from one moment to the other.

Anyway. I absolutely disliked the first 10 epis, then started to become a SA-fan during epis 12-19 but after that, I lost interest again - And now, looking back at the finale, I can only say there have been better series.
Sep 23, 2008 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
geezer said:
Blay said:
In my opinion, Megumi/Yahiro was the best part of episode 24, because I love this pairing, it's so touching and cute and beautiful :D It was so nice. (...)

Well, true, as a supporter of YahiroxMegumi I should love how they suddenly turned them into an official lovey-dovey couple, but my problem is that there was absolutely NO DEVELOPMENT. They first talked to each other (got to know each other) in epi19. And then there has been silence. Not a single word about them until we see Yahiro trying to kiss Megumi in the finale. Thus, their ending lacks depth and doesn't convince the watchers. In the manga, there was more development between them and Yahiro doesn't have any romantic feelings...yet XD That's why I can say that Yahiro's sudden change of character is unrealistic. He can't suddenly break through the wall he's built around himself from one moment to the other.

Anyway. I absolutely disliked the first 10 epis, then started to become a SA-fan during epis 12-19 but after that, I lost interest again - And now, looking back at the finale, I can only say there have been better series.

Yes,there was no development (but I like my explainations about time between episode 20 and 21, everyone managed to change their uniforms, so in these months they COULD fall for each other and I'm planning to write ff about their feelings in anime to fill the gap), but I prefer anime to manga ( because I started wathing anime first and I love atmosphere in Special A - slice of life & really nice comedy) I know it has a lot of mistakes, exaggeration, but there is something about this anime. True friendship, great characters, something touching and nice. It's the most enjoyable anime I've ever seen (even if I haven't watched a lot xD)

Episode 1 was great, 2-6 - average, 7-20 - great [especially 14-19], 21-24 - very good (except for Big Ben kiss and last scene xD)

But as I said - my normal, rational score would be 8/10, 9/10, but because of my enjoyment it's 10/10 ;)

Sep 23, 2008 1:49 PM

Apr 2007
well all in all it ended, a 7 from me mainly for the humors, the adaptation itself was meh, apart from Tadashi's actions which makes me laugh alot, Hikari when she's sick, and yay for Megumi's normal speaking voice.
Sep 24, 2008 8:49 PM

Jun 2007
noes! Special A was my Crack! now what am I gonna watch!? =.= *siiigh*

Anyway that was such a nice ending, finally a nice Hikari and Takishima kissuuuuu!
Smiled all the way through like an idiot.

Sep 25, 2008 11:28 AM
Jan 2008
I didnt like the end, Threres no development in Hikari x Kei relationship
They just kiss, she didnt even say that she love him.
Bah ¬¬'
I saw Finn from the window :O
Maybe another season? I hope so :DD

The anime overall was awesome, but the manga is way better right?

Did you see? They can fly! o_o'
anarrirap2Sep 25, 2008 11:32 AM
Sep 28, 2008 6:34 AM

Apr 2008
The ending lacked the impact of romance. I hope they put more force into it.

Oh well rated it 8/10

Sep 28, 2008 8:22 AM
Aug 2008
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 28, 2008 11:38 AM
Oct 2007
The ending was not great IF you compare it with that arc in the manga, which had much more drama, but as a stand alone for the anime, it does sum it up quite well. Kei x Hikari always had superhuman strength anyway so I don't see why it's surprising they can fly, haha, especially when it's already been said in a couple of past episodes that "anything can happen when it involves the SA".

For me, I just want more Megumi x Yahiro! XD Never in my mind did I expect that couple.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Special A Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Apr 24, 2008

69 by JeremiahOrange »»
Oct 5, 2022 8:24 AM

Poll: » Special A Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Apr 7, 2008

116 by Fierrza »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:14 PM

Poll: » Special A Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Apr 30, 2008

68 by RyyanIsHere »»
Sep 5, 2022 12:50 AM

Poll: » Special A Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naruleach - Aug 13, 2008

92 by secondshelp »»
Apr 27, 2022 6:34 PM

Poll: » Special A Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naruleach - Aug 4, 2008

63 by secondshelp »»
Apr 27, 2022 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.