Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2012 8:50 PM

Apr 2012
-Shuda- said:
Saber with Rin as her master and Avalon gets my vote.

Although, raw destructive power and range goes to Gilgamesh.

rin saber wont get avalon
thats the problem
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 29, 2012 8:53 PM

May 2011
BloodRequiem said:
-Shuda- said:

thats the problem

True, but I was considering each servant at their "possible" strongest. All abilities, NP's and Combinations. Rin-Saber with Avalon would be the most versatile imo.
Apr 29, 2012 11:54 PM

Apr 2012
-Shuda- said:
BloodRequiem said:
-Shuda- said:

thats the problem

True, but I was considering each servant at their "possible" strongest. All abilities, NP's and Combinations. Rin-Saber with Avalon would be the most versatile imo.

but rin saber with avalon is not canon
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 30, 2012 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
Gil is the strongest based on both displayed feats and word of God. He can win the HGW in one night if he wasn't being nerfed b the plot and his own character stupidity.
The Art of Eight
Apr 30, 2012 1:25 AM

Nov 2007
I probably shouldn't get involved in this...

Gilgamesh is just hands down the strongest and if there is a servant stronger, we haven't been shown them yet.

Reasons Gil is just better than the rest:

All of that sums up what Gilgamesh can do with less than 10% of what he actually has at his disposal. Basically, with the number of Noble Phantasms he has he can hardcounter or completely prevent almost anything and the only reason he ever loses is his ego which has nothing to do with his capabilities as a servant.

Ignoring Gilgamesh, the strongest servants are probably (in no order) Iskander, Medea, Lancelot, Karna, Hercules, Archer.

For Karna:

For Iskander:

For Medea:

For Lancelot:

For Hercules:

Archer:
Apr 30, 2012 1:48 AM

Apr 2012
Thalos said:
I probably shouldn't get involved in this...

Gilgamesh is just hands down the strongest and if there is a servant stronger, we haven't been shown them yet.

Reasons Gil is just better than the rest:

All of that sums up what Gilgamesh can do with less than 10% of what he actually has at his disposal. Basically, with the number of Noble Phantasms he has he can hardcounter or completely prevent almost anything and the only reason he ever loses is his ego which has nothing to do with his capabilities as a servant.

Ignoring Gilgamesh, the strongest servants are probably (in no order) Iskander, Medea, Lancelot, Karna, Hercules, Archer.

For Karna:

For Iskander:

For Medea:

For Lancelot:

For Hercules:

Archer:

apocrypha servants are prob the most haxed in nasuverse
saint george and jack the ripper LOL

only a few things i disagree with

zerker lancelot is below rider iskander tier
nuke thing and plane thing- very situational
not like there are planes and nukes everywhere for him to corrupt

lancer cu chulainn>rider medusa> or = archer EMIYA>or =rider iskander

caster medea depends on prep and compatibility
so it could go either way

BloodRequiemApr 30, 2012 1:57 AM
Apr 30, 2012 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
BloodRequiem said:

only a few things i disagree with

zerker lancelot is below iskander tier
nuke thing and plane thing- very situational
not like there are planes and nukes everywhere for him to corrupt

cu chulainn>medusa> or = EMIYA>or =iskander

I agree that strictly speaking Lancelot is not the same tier as Iskander, but I still consider him high tier compared to most. As long as you can find an airbase not too far from the Grail then raiding it and stealing one would not be too hard for a servant. The main problem is whether one is in range or not. But even aside from that, modern weapons (once noble phantasms) are deadly in their own right. A machinegun will become scary to servants once made into a NP and if the servant only has melee abilities they're basically doomed against him because he's probably the strongest at swordsmanship and his NP is one of the top anti-unit swords.
Apr 30, 2012 2:45 AM

Aug 2009
Does anyone remember how much a servant's status increase while being an Alter.If it was ever mentioned that is...
Apr 30, 2012 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
If in the Archer (Emiya) vs Berserker (Heracles) fight, Archer uses UBW first and instead of going head on but just shoots all of his weapons as BPs, would he have been able to beat Berserker.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Apr 30, 2012 3:19 AM

Aug 2009
MapoTofu said:
If in the Archer (Emiya) vs Berserker (Heracles) fight, Archer uses UBW first and instead of going head on but just shoots all of his weapons as BPs, would he have been able to beat Berserker.

Heracles Berserker isnt as slow as the anime makes him to be.And no one knows how Archer really fought him.And he wasnt at full power because of Saber's attack in the beginning.If Shirou was able to beat him I dont see EMIYA being unable to since he is a lot more powerful than his younger self.
ssjokgApr 30, 2012 3:27 AM
Apr 30, 2012 4:11 AM

Jan 2011
Thalos said:

Pretty much that. Until someone summons Lilith or something, Gilgamesh remains the strongest servant of them all by a mile...
Apr 30, 2012 4:24 AM

Feb 2011
archer aka Emiya Shirou.
Apr 30, 2012 5:46 AM

Mar 2012
Venneria said:
archer aka Emiya Shirou.

Except you seem not to have voted for him...
Apr 30, 2012 7:37 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
MapoTofu said:

Heracles Berserker isnt as slow as the anime makes him to be.And no one knows how Archer really fought him.And he wasnt at full power because of Saber's attack in the beginning.If Shirou was able to beat him I dont see EMIYA being unable to since he is a lot more powerful than his younger self.

BP takes a huge amount of prana which is counterproductive to the whole point of using UBW because the point of UBW is having access to high ranked, accurate copies while keeping cost low

berserker is several times faster than archer

and no archer cant trace avalon or caliburn because he doesnt have a connection with saber therefore he has no image

and im pretty sure he healed that wound saber gave him a long time ago
BloodRequiemApr 30, 2012 7:50 AM
Apr 30, 2012 7:48 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Does anyone remember how much a servant's status increase while being an Alter.If it was ever mentioned that is...

saber alter > or = rin saber > kiritsugu saber > shirou saber

alter can spam excalibur nonstop and is always pranabursting
but luck and agility drops

normal berserker > dark berserker
Apr 30, 2012 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
Oh. I almost forgot to add, Shiki can kill Servants. kthxbai :3
The Art of Eight
Apr 30, 2012 9:30 AM

Aug 2010
BloodRequiem said:
-Shuda- said:
BloodRequiem said:
-Shuda- said:

thats the problem

but rin saber with avalon is not canon

It's a possibility though.

I'm surprised most servants have 0 votes. Looks like most of us here know who the strongest servant is.
Apr 30, 2012 9:41 AM

Aug 2009
I am surprised that GARcher has zero votes.His fans either didnt come here yet or after the start of FZ they changed to Gilgamesh.

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a time long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.
ssjokgApr 30, 2012 10:06 AM
Apr 30, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
I am surprised that GARcher has zero votes.His fans either didnt come here yet or after the start of FZ they changed to Gilgamesh.

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.

archer is considered to be mid/high tier but he wont get above saber
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there
Apr 30, 2012 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.

I believe Emiya has some chances against saber.He doesnt need to fight in close quarters.
Apr 30, 2012 10:19 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

I believe Emiya has some chances against saber.He doesnt need to fight in close quarters.

IIRC in HA she outran his hrunting
Apr 30, 2012 10:38 AM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:

He might not be the strongest, but all this hate is unnecessary.
Zero Berserker has style.

Though for the record, it wasn't me who voted for him.
Apr 30, 2012 10:43 AM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

He might not be the strongest, but all this hate is unnecessary.
Zero Berserker has style.

Though for the record, it wasn't me who voted for him.

its pretty much established already that hercules can stomp him
Apr 30, 2012 10:45 AM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:

I said "style," didn't I?
Apr 30, 2012 10:53 AM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

I said "style," didn't I?

i agree the guy is cool
but this is whos the strongest servant
Apr 30, 2012 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

He HAS more weapons than that.
Apr 30, 2012 10:54 AM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
i agree the guy is cool
but this is whos the strongest servant

Which is why I didn't vote for him.
I was complaining about the general hate.
Apr 30, 2012 11:32 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

im just saying that she can match him even if he fights from a distance
Apr 30, 2012 11:32 AM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:

Aye. But the Hrunting feat shows her ridiculous speed as the arrow was stated to cross 4 km in less than a second. To outrun that would put her speed above mach 14. She can close the gap and turn it into a close quarters sword fight quite easily if his first shot fails.
The Art of Eight
Apr 30, 2012 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
dankickyou said:
ssjokg said:

Aye. But the Hrunting feat shows her ridiculous speed as the arrow was stated to cross 4 km in less than a second. To outrun that would put her speed above mach 14. She can close the gap and turn it into a close quarters sword fight quite easily if his first shot fails.

I am just saying that the probability of him winning a fight with her exists,maybe it's small but still there.It's not like he would fight Gil in serious mode...
Apr 30, 2012 11:48 AM

Nov 2007
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

She outran it, yes, but not through her own abilities. First of all, each successive blow was only blocked because Shirou had knowledge of all the failed loops (they'd lost dozens of times to hrunting and because of this he knew exactly what was coming) and even then she had to use the power of a command spell to massively boost her speed far beyond her natural limitations in order to outrun it. Archer was fighting with no master = no command spell = the fight was onesided for numerous reasons. Not a valid win.

Just the fact they had lost previously and more than once should give you your answer of what one can actually expect in this situation.
Apr 30, 2012 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
Thalos said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

She outran it, yes, but not through her own abilities. First of all, each successive blow was only blocked because Shirou had knowledge of all the failed loops (they'd lost dozens of times to hrunting and because of this he knew exactly what was coming) and even then she had to use the power of a command spell to massively boost her speed far beyond her natural limitations in order to outrun it. Archer was fighting with no master = no command spell = the fight was onesided for numerous reasons. Not a valid win.

Just the fact they had lost previously and more than once should give you your answer of what one can actually expect in this situation.

using the partial patch I havent seen this scene yet.Only the one shirou gets a hole in his body.Thanks
Apr 30, 2012 1:49 PM

Mar 2012
Thalos said:

What about Avalon?
Apr 30, 2012 2:12 PM

Nov 2007
ataraxial said:
Thalos said:

What about Avalon?

Well... about Avalon. Saber does not really possess Caliburn or Avalon as a heroic spirit, so in most cases both of these are out of the question. And from what I have gathered from seeing it in action and from reading what info there is from it, it is evident she can move while under its protection, but I'm not sure if there's a limit on distance or not, because it is described neither as being attached to her or encompassing an area. I also don't believe she can hurt anyone in it - since it isolates her in another dimensional plane. So while she's safe, so is her opponent. That means if she charges up for an attack her opponent has just as much room to do so and when she's ready to use it she has to expose herself.

In the VN it clearly states that Gilgamesh can't halt his attack and that he was basically stuck where he was, this is why Avalon was used so effectively. In most situations it may be rather useless unless it's used during a single fire shot with enough timing that they don't halt their attack and lose their only opportunity to win.
Apr 30, 2012 2:12 PM

Aug 2010
The question is who's the second strongest servant. By the looks of it, it is Saber. But I don't see how she can take out Iskander, unless Excalibur can take out his whole army.

@Thanos Yes, the reason Avalon was effective against Gilgamesh is because he couldn't halt his attack. So she just ran up to him and used Excalibur.
Ragna92Apr 30, 2012 2:18 PM
Apr 30, 2012 2:17 PM

Aug 2009
isnt it a bit early for that?Not even 24 hours passed since the thread was made.She wont reach Gilgamesh anytime soon but Heracles is close enough.

Ragna92 said:
But I don't see how she can take out Iskander, unless Excalibur can take out his whole army.

I think a blast from something like Excalibur could destroy RMs but Ionian Hetairoi is Ranked EX and Excalibur A++ but I dont know if this matters.
ssjokgApr 30, 2012 2:25 PM
Apr 30, 2012 2:27 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
isnt it a bit early for that?Not even 24 hours passed since the thread was made.She wont reach Gilgamesh anytime soon but Heracles is close enough.

Ragna92 said:
But I don't see how she can take out Iskander, unless Excalibur can take out his whole army.

I think a blast from something like Excalibur could destroy RMs but Ionian Hetairoi is Ranked EX and Excalibur A++ but I dont know if this matters.

future Fate/Zero spoilers

I really doubt it.
Ragna92Apr 30, 2012 2:37 PM
Apr 30, 2012 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
sorry my bad I meant disrupt it.The only way for her to win against his RM would be to concentrate all of her attacks to him in order for his mana to run out faster,and ignore his army which is kinda impossible since they are all Servants.Then again it uses mana from the entire army unlike Emiya who is alone so forget it.
Apr 30, 2012 2:43 PM

Nov 2007
Ragna92 said:
ssjokg said:

Ragna92 said:

Ionioi Hetairoi itself can be destroyed three ways.

A) Something that breaks down, dispels, or degrades Reality Marbles (I am sure, for example, someone like Medea has enough magical know-how to accomplish this.)

B) Taking out enough troops. Ionioi Hetairoi is an exception to Reality Marbles in this regard. Iskander is not a Caster and he lacks the mana to supply a Reality Marble on his own. It sustains itself through the combined effort of his troops. If enough of them die he wont be able to keep it up. The number required is probably about half the army or so.

C) Taking out Iskander himself (probably) since the troops would likely fall with him. However, assuming they do not, then this method would fail, since Iskander is not the main supplier of the Reality Marble.

As excessive as it is, Enuma Elish can destroy it using any method above. Saber can only destroy it through the last two methods and whether she pulls it off or not is not guaranteed.

Normal Reality Marbles that are supplied directly through the one casting it can only be destroyed by killing said caster or using the first method. Although killing a single person will, in most cases, be easier than killing many.
Apr 30, 2012 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
Why is Avenger not on this list?
Apr 30, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
Thalos said:
Ragna92 said:
ssjokg said:

Ragna92 said:

Ionioi Hetairoi itself can be destroyed three ways.

A) Something that breaks down, dispels, or degrades Reality Marbles (I am sure, for example, someone like Medea has enough magical know-how to accomplish this.)

B) Taking out enough troops. Ionioi Hetairoi is an exception to Reality Marbles in this regard. Iskander is not a Caster and he lacks the mana to supply a Reality Marble on his own. It sustains itself through the combined effort of his troops. If enough of them die he wont be able to keep it up. The number required is probably about half the army or so.

C) Taking out Iskander himself (probably) since the troops would likely fall with him. However, assuming they do not, then this method would fail, since Iskander is not the main supplier of the Reality Marble.

As excessive as it is, Enuma Elish can destroy it using any method above. Saber can only destroy it through the last two methods and whether she pulls it off or not is not guaranteed.

Normal Reality Marbles that are supplied directly through the one casting it can only be destroyed by killing said caster or using the first method. Although killing a single person will, in most cases, be easier than killing many.

She could use Avalon and wait for the RM to go down jk, but then she wouldnt be stronger than Iskander but the most coward Heroic Spirit ever.But she wouldnt because of her personality.

B,C: I think she would fail either way.The army would reach her before she gets ready for one blast and like I said they are Servants ,not just soldiers,in the numbers of a few thousands.

C:whether the RM falls with him or not, if she manages to takes him out ,even with his entire army there then I can consider her as the strongest one between them but I doubt she could do it

@Honako
Well not many have finished FHA since not all of us know japanese so lets not include him.But in the parts that were translated he mentions that he isnt that strong and I dont plan to use the wiki for him,since I want to read in the vn
ssjokgApr 30, 2012 3:08 PM
Apr 30, 2012 3:25 PM

Apr 2012
Wait why do people think Medea is so powerful? Nasu himself even said that if she could use the Golden Fleece, that would only bring her up to average (amongst the F/SN Servants), and without it she's the weakest. With four of the seven classes having some resistance to magic, and the fact that her stronger spells still take more than a second to cast, she's nowhere near as strong as Saber/Gilgamesh/either Berserker/Alexander.

Anyway, the only way non-Avalon Saber can beat Ionoi Hetairoi if she kills Alexander first. Killing enough soldiers WOULD dispel Ionoi Hetairoi, but she has to stay alive long enough to do this. WITH Avalon, however, she could probably outlast it, so long as she doesn't take a fatal blow (Avalon's healing powers won't save her if she's killed instantly).

Unlike Excalibur, though

Since Ionoi Hetairoi was brought up, Hercules might be able to defeat it. If none of the soldiers have A rank attacks, then the only thing that can kill him is Alexander's chariot, which likely won't kill him 12 times.
Apr 30, 2012 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
Honako said:

Because he's dead weak...lol

Seriously, since Avenger is more of a Irregularity I assume OP forgot about him.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 30, 2012 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
kaimax said:
Honako said:

Because he's dead weak...lol

Seriously, since Avenger is more of a Irregularity I assume OP forgot about him.

I'll add him if people want him on it. I haven't played FHA, so I don't even know what he counts as.
Apr 30, 2012 3:40 PM

Apr 2012
hercules prob 2nd strongest servant
(not counting alter servants)

excalibur wont take out IH cuz its a beam of light not carpet bombing
pretty unlikely saber will have enough prana to use avalon continuously

avenger is only good at killing humans
against servants he is pretty shit

angra mainyu born from the grail would be pretty strong though that wont be a servant anymore
Apr 30, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:

angra mainyu born from the grail would be pretty strong though that wont be a servant anymore

How much prana does Avalon require, exactly?
Apr 30, 2012 3:46 PM

Jan 2012
Gilgamesh because he IS the rule.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 30, 2012 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

How much prana does Avalon require, exactly?

it was continuously drawing prana from saber when it was just healing shirou's wounds
plus they barely managed to pull it off in fate and that was with one attack
versus IH is waves and waves of soldiers
if she tries to use excalibur, it will take time and during that period of time she is vulnerable
she cant attack from within avalon either since she is essentially separate from this universe
BloodRequiemApr 30, 2012 3:57 PM
Apr 30, 2012 4:03 PM

Aug 2010
Well I guess I should ask, Saber vs Berserker(heracles) since they are pretty close in this poll? So what do you guys think?
Apr 30, 2012 4:07 PM

Apr 2012
Ragna92 said:
Well I guess I should ask, Saber vs Berserker(heracles) since they are pretty close in this poll? So what do you guys think?

hercules
cuz no shirou = no plothax aka caliburn
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.