MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Kusari, A light novel - Chapter 7
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Creative Corner »» Kusari, A light novel - Chapter 7

04-28-12, 8:26 PM

Hi. Another member, Damnfangirls, and myself have created a light novel which I seek to share with everybody here. It will be updated with one chapter on every Sunday or, on occasions, Wednesday additionally. The novel will be separated into arcs and chapters and such just like an anime or manga. Multiple methods of sharing are provided for viewers in this post, including direct pdf format and simple images. Once an arc is done (which will be around 15 chapters or so), a download link for each one will be provided as well.

Image viewing form:

You may have noticed that the PDFs were taken down. This is because the hosting website only allowed me to have them on there for less than a week. However, we made a blog which should make viewing and keeping up-to-date easier:
http://llkusari.wordpress.com/

Chapter 8 will be released on Sunday 5/27/12.
Modified by Juuryoku, 05-21-12, 4:40 PM

04-28-12, 8:28 PM

Greetings to any readers. My name is Ryan, and I am the other writer of our light novel. I hope you enjoy.

04-28-12, 11:00 PM

Read the prologue, seems like a bland setting but it seems to have potential with all these wars and powers.
What I say is good job.

04-29-12, 7:42 AM

Icycles said:
Read the prologue, seems like a bland setting but it seems to have potential with all these wars and powers.
What I say is good job.

Thank you for your feedback. As for the setting, I entirely agree, and we hope to vary it in the future.

Also, for any future replies, please answer us this: For each new chapter we release, should we make a new thread, or post them in the same thread? Another option could be creating a new thread for every new story arc, you can decide.

04-29-12, 9:38 AM

Just had a read through the Prologue and starting Chapters.
I can see where the plot is going, and the story seems to have nice progression.

Edit: I think you should just post in the same thread and bump it, every now and then.
But if you want to make new threads it's entirely up to you.
Modified by Rawrol, 04-29-12, 9:41 AM

04-29-12, 12:11 PM

Rawrol said:
Just had a read through the Prologue and starting Chapters.
I can see where the plot is going, and the story seems to have nice progression.

Edit: I think you should just post in the same thread and bump it, every now and then.
But if you want to make new threads it's entirely up to you.

Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Yeah, I was hoping for it to be in a single thread since it'd be a bit spammy otherwise. SOMEBODY disagreed, however :P. Everything will probably be in this one, though.

05-01-12, 8:48 AM

Seems interesting, looking forward to more chapters ^^

05-01-12, 1:09 PM

obiz said:
Seems interesting, looking forward to more chapters ^^

Thank you very much. Chapter 3 will be released tomorrow.

05-02-12, 3:51 PM

Chapter 3 is out! After this, we will stick to the schedule of having one new chapter every Sunday for a while.

05-05-12, 1:24 PM

Hello everyone. Chapter 4 is out, and it answers many questions. The next chapter will be released on Wednesday, May 9th. Enjoy.

05-10-12, 1:45 PM

Chapter 5 has been posted, please enjoy.

05-11-12, 9:14 AM

You better have a good reason for setting this in Japan. Otherwise, this is far too weeaboo for me to like.

05-11-12, 4:58 PM

Decent stuff.

I'm curious why you've decided to upload in image form rather than, say, putting it up on google docs or something.

Also, the names bother me a little. I'm fairly sure that Kojitsukeru Juuryoku is not actually a name (although I'm guessing you've picked it for stylistic reasons, considering I'm reading it as 'gravity distort'...a lot of characters have this kind of thing going for them, incidentally).

Scriptor said:
You better have a good reason for setting this in Japan.

Also wondering why it's set in Japan specifically.

05-11-12, 7:16 PM

Not bad. I, too, wonder about the names and the setting, but seems like an ambitious project. Keep at it!

05-13-12, 9:39 AM

I understand the usual construction of Japanese names, but I don't see any harm with the method we use at the moment. Considering the story isn't in Japanese writing, it shouldn't be confusing anybody with other words. Using Kanji is unnecessary in the current situation and would not give meaning to each name.
As for it taking setting in Japan, there's no huge reason for that. Japan, America, and many other places have similar environments so we figured to just go with Japan. I suppose it contributes to its title as a light novel and provides the reader with an idea with which they're familiar.
There's quite a few problems with all methods of sharing, but after much discussion we decided the current procedure is fine. Google Docs take a while to load in any browser other than Chrome, and putting it in text form screwed it up while I tried to use some forms of sharing. PDF is great for the viewers who wish to zoom and scroll to their desire and imgur is great for those who perhaps have bad connections. I don't see much reason for there to be a text form unless somebody wants to alter the story or something. If somebody has a suggestion they would like to see put into effect, however, please share.

Also, thank you for the feedback.

05-22-12, 8:49 AM

Hey, chapter 7 is out. However, as you may already have noticed the pdf's no longer work, but you can still use the image links or read it on our wordpress.com blog.

http://llkusari.wordpress.com/

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices