Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 4, 2012 9:47 AM

Jun 2008
Wind_Falcon said:
Unrelated: Stop talking out of your asses. It doesn't make you look good.

Axed is my guess, because it was damn boring, and I wouldn't be surprised a lot of ppl that actually spend money on the manga thought the same. It has nothing to do with publishers trying to push that law imo. An author-editor problem might be it tho.

Overall for the series - giant waste of time. I watched the adaptation when I was still new to anime, and even then didn't think highly of it. regardless decided to read the manga (and several times thought about dropping it) and then it gets axed... I'll call it fitting, with the possibility of angering ppl that like it, but just remember, my opinion only.

I have no idea if I would pick up an eventual sequel (like a lot of ppl have already said, there's more than enough material for that). Maybe if the author brings him A game, otherwise its a skip.

Worst parts of the manga that I can remember - the death is Isley, that parasite that latched to Raki in one of the fights just wasn't played good by the author at all, so many goo possibilities missed. And this supposed "plot progression" about the Yoma being created by the organization was reveled way WAY early by Miria in her theories, and because of that this chapter lost great amount of appeal. And overall, looking back at the story, how much are the REAL great moments and twists that you can remember? Not many. The whole series feels like you are waiting for some big thing to happen, but it never does.

That's it for now.

No one cares about your taste dude, people don't cancel manga because the great Wind_Falcon finds them boring. If you think it was so bad that got axed and no one was buying it then show us the numbers. Do you know if it had good sales or not?
Because if it sells you can find it boring all you want am certain Yagi won't sleep with his socks on for not pleasing you.
MonadMay 8, 2012 3:07 PM
May 4, 2012 10:52 AM
Jul 2011
This...cannot be it..

Claire & Priscilla still chilling
Raki's back!...for real this time
The whole dragon race thing being brought back to light again, it was already brought up way earlier in the series as one of the big "ohshi" moments in the series.

Oh Claymore, please come back.
May 4, 2012 3:09 PM

Sep 2009
>2012
>Claymore ended
>Raki never got some claymore pussy
>I am disappoint
May 4, 2012 4:26 PM

Oct 2009
I'm sad although the last 10 chapters were boring for me:/
May 4, 2012 5:47 PM
Jun 2008
To Karharot and grandy_UiD - I totally respect your opinions, and have nothing against you for liking Claymore/disagreeing with me. To that kid Monad - learn to respect others opinions, and stop twisting my words into meanings I didn't intend to put into them. I've heard that sales were low tho, would love someone to show some real numbers, I would be glad to see if I was wrong. My reasoning for a lot of stuff that I said about sales, why its bad and so on is based on comparison with other, kinda similar (maybe sharing elements, etc. note not identical) series. You can't expect to have high numbers of sales when your product is inferior to a lot of stuff out there, that you, in some cases, are somewhat of a clone.

About the genres - I love almost ALL genres, as long as it's quality storytelling. I'm a gore hound also. Berserk is one of my all time favorite mangas. Vinland Saga, although not fantasy, is still quality hack and slash (before it became Farmland Saga). Dorohedoro is a different kind of fantasy (more original), plenty of gore, plenty of brilliant dark humor. Claymore is just boring bad, compared. And I'll repeat myself for the kids out there (or those that are mentally at that level), that's just my opinion.

I'm not looking to pick any mangas that are still publishing (hence why I haven't read Gantz, have been putting it off for many yaers), tho some titles like Historie and some others really make that decision hard.

Cheers and I hope that the manga gets a continuation of whatever kind, not for me, but for you guys that enjoyed it.
Wind_FalconMay 17, 2015 8:38 AM
May 4, 2012 6:11 PM
Aug 2010
@Wind_Falcon Sorry bro, but you don't know what you're talking about!

I'm not going to pretend I know why Claymore has come to an ABRUPT ending, but it sure as hell was NOT because of sales!

Claymore was a BIG title in Japan just as it is here in America, and unlike you, I can show my work.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-07/japanese-comic-ranking-november-28-december-4

^Here you can see Volume 21 reached almost 100,000 copies in it's FIRST WEEK of sales.

100K copies is a great number for manga, also, consider the fact that it was ahead of other big title manga such as Beelzebub, Kiss X Sis, Pandora Hearts, and Rosario + Vampire II.

Now the only reason I'm going to ONLY post one volume sales is because that was the latest one, thus it is the most relevant to show.

However you can see here more proof that Claymore was constantly in the top 20 in sales in terms of copies:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=5743

BTW, I recommend everyone here on MAL to get their anime/manga news from Anime News Network they are BY FAR the most reliable and trustworthy when it comes to anime news.

MAL is NOT a news site, and the fact they still haven't reported on Claymore is quite telling.
ichig0fanMay 4, 2012 6:16 PM
May 4, 2012 11:47 PM
Jun 2008
Glad to see some real numbers.
May 5, 2012 12:14 AM

Jun 2009
Wind_Falcon said:

About the genres - I love almost ALL genres, as long as it's quality storytelling. I'm a gore hound also. Berserk is one of my all time favorite mangas.

Complains about Claymore going nowhere. Says Berserk is favourite manga. Hm... :O

By the way (concerning your first post): the reveal in this chapter was not that the organization creates Yoma. This has indeed been known for a long time. It's about Yoma not actually being monsters but mind controlled humans. Never having killed a human was the one thing most Claymores (our gang specifically) were proud of, it was the one thing for many that kept them going. However, they actually have been killing dozens, maybe hundreds of humans the whole time. THAT was the reveal in this chapter.
May 5, 2012 1:08 AM
Jun 2008
That part didn't had any impact on me (much because it was revelaed in a way that it didn't impact the heroes, Miria was like "Ah, oh, OK" and that was fucking it), that's why I didn't mention anything about that.

Foreshadowing yoma being created by the organization should have been done better.

Berserk is slow to publish, but is a masterpiece. Claymore is just boring and hugely inferior to its competition.
Wind_FalconMay 6, 2012 2:12 AM
May 5, 2012 3:27 AM

Nov 2008
KosmicGuy said:
god! whats with this ending ... i saw "END" on the last chapter left all "OPEN"....and said WTF!...can't belive..this need a sequel i didn't saw Clare with Raki !!!!! need to see them hugging up(another kiss or anything) .. fightin something !!!! GOD!!!!..now I (and alot more ) need sequel...

First of all, I don't think Clare and Raki will ever have that type of relationship. I still see him as the annoying Raki he has always been just less of a whimp and he is now more useful rather than in the way. He is more like Clare's annoying younger brother. I think he will help them with the fighting, but they will never be a couple. I really don't see it. The reason why she let him follow her is because she felt bad for him, because she went through the same thing he went through. And the only reason she is trying search for him is because she made a promise. And the only reason she made that promise was the get his stupid ass the leave in another direction so he wouldn't be in the way or get hurt.

Also, eventhough it said "end" at the end of the chapter, I don't think that actually means it is the last chapter. That "end" at the bottom of the page caught my eye too, but I still don't think that is the end. They can't possible end it like that with so many unanswered questions. It is like the begining for a new part. The organization is said to be gone, now it is time to concentrate on the remaining Yoma, Abyssed Ones, getting Clare back to normal, and most importantly defeating Priscilla (that bitch). Clare seems like the type of person who's most important thing to her is to keep her promises. (She most likely got that from Teressa who always keep her promises to Clare.) She said she will meet Raki again, so she will, and she said she will revenge Teressa, so she will by hopefully killing Priscilla. That is basically the whole reason she is living at this point, which is to fulfill her promises. Which is why it can't end here. Hold tight everyone, because I don't believe it is over. It is just the begining to a new part and hopefully to a satisfying ending, as well.
KonataStarMay 5, 2012 3:38 AM
May 5, 2012 5:09 AM

Sep 2008
wtf?
I can't believe..
I want to see Priscila kicking asses again!
May 5, 2012 10:36 AM

Jan 2010
So in the end it left us with more questions than answers.

Goddamn it...this is upsetting.
Ok™
May 6, 2012 6:51 AM

Jun 2009
what the fuck just happened? it ended?? so, i've been crazy about these series (waiting every month for a new chapter) just to get this rushed and fucking awful finale? oh god.
May 6, 2012 8:58 AM

Dec 2008
Laepo said:
what the fuck just happened? it ended?? so, i've been crazy about these series (waiting every month for a new chapter) just to get this rushed and fucking awful finale? oh god.

Check the previous pages of this thread.
To put it short it is likely that the publishers are trying to get a hold on copyrights that right now are belonging to the authors (if they succed the author will no longer be the owner of his own work), to prevent it and protest against it the author of Mahou Sensei Negima! rushed the ending of his manga and it is possible that Yagi-sensei did the same thing. If those speculations are accurate then Claymore may start again (more likely as a sequel than continuation) as soon as its author manages to find someone who will publish it without stealing it from him.
New profile design sucks.
May 6, 2012 12:45 PM

Oct 2010
Karharot said:
To put it short it is likely that the publishers are trying to get a hold on copyrights that right now are belonging to the authors (if they succed the author will no longer be the owner of his own work), to prevent it and protest against it the author of Mahou Sensei Negima! rushed the ending of his manga and it is possible that Yagi-sensei did the same thing. If those speculations are accurate then Claymore may start again (more likely as a sequel than continuation) as soon as its author manages to find someone who will publish it without stealing it from him.

That is exactly what happened. Akamatsu (author of Negima) also tried to reason with his publisher but that didn't help.
http://www.astronerdboy.blogspot.de/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html
FallenSeraphimMay 6, 2012 12:50 PM
May 6, 2012 7:29 PM
Jun 2008
We DON'T KNOW if that happened. You can't actually get burned by a law that HASN'T PASSED YET. By posting that link for Negima in the thread doesn't automatically make it valid for Claymore.

ANN: In the issue's back page, where authors are given a line of text to send messages to readers, Yagi simply wrote, "My editor dropped off some of those super-spicy Peyoung noodles that everyone is talking about these days. I tried them, and they did a number on me."
Wind_FalconMay 6, 2012 9:19 PM
May 7, 2012 9:12 AM

Sep 2009
Like some other said : This was unexpected...
But the last image was great :)
May 8, 2012 3:29 PM

Jun 2008
@Wild-Falcon - How to you expect me to respect your opinion when you say things like this?

Wind_Falcon said:
You can't expect to have high numbers of sales when your product is inferior to a lot of stuff out there, that you, in some cases, are somewhat of a clone.

Basically you predetermined that your opinion of what is good must be shared by others. Who the hell to you think you are? "I say it's bad so i can't imagine other people having different taste and buying it so therefore the sales where bad" WTF!! How arrogant are you to predetermine something like that. Do you think the world revolves around you? So what to you say now that the sales show that other people think shit of your taste?
So you see your taste isn't an argument about the possible ending.
May 8, 2012 7:10 PM

Jul 2010
Wind_Falcon said:
My reasoning for a lot of stuff that I said about sales, why its bad and so on is based on comparison with other.

Just want to point out for you that lower sales doesn't mean bad quality, just like higher sales doesn't mean good quality. In other words you're contradicting. Someone already posted link for Claymore sales. let me post some more links for you. Now you should accept Claymore is a good quality manga and it's not ended because of bad sales. otherwise don't bring up weak points like that in your argument next time.

Nearly 200K sales for each volume in few weeks. Try google on myanimelist forum and you can easily find sales for other volumes as well.
*3, *85,933 *,181,233 Claymore vol.16
*5, *49,572 195,594 Claymore vol.17
*6, *71,130 *,159,377 Claymore vol.20
*6, *80,690 *,172,753 Claymore vol.21
May 9, 2012 1:58 AM
Jan 2010
You all got worked up over nothing.

The manga hasn't ended. That was the editor's mistake.
May 9, 2012 8:21 AM

Feb 2010
And your official source is...?
Ku ku ku~
May 9, 2012 5:44 PM
Jan 2010
I wouldn't call this an official source, though.
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/76198-Claymore-126-Discussion-127-Predictions?p=2883135&viewfull=1#post2883135

If you doubt his/her credibility, read a few of the following pages, though we can't guarantee what (s)he said is 100% true.

No official announcement from the author that the manga has ended is what makes me believe the manga still continues. And I bet the news on ANN was pure speculation based on the preview page for the next issue that doesn't list Claymore. This might be the mistake of the editor gene was talking about.
May 9, 2012 7:19 PM

Feb 2010
As I said on another forum regarding the same link, I'd refrain from taking that statement as fact since even though Gene might be trustworthy, his contact might be a troll, which would make that one of those "a friend's friend said so" statements.

I'm not saying it's not possible. For all I know, that info may be legit, but at this point I won't trust anything 'till word of god arrives (from Yagi himself).
Ku ku ku~
May 9, 2012 8:34 PM
Jan 2010
Well, it might be too early for me to have taken that post as a fact.

Let's just wait until the July issue of Jump Square comes out (or statements from Yagi) before speculating about whether Claymore got axed because it was boring (I didn't think so), has bad sales (where in fact it doesn't), or anything because we don't know for sure if Claymore's really ended.
Snow_WhiteMay 9, 2012 8:42 PM
May 10, 2012 4:42 PM

Oct 2008
Why is Claymore still ongoing on MyAnimeList?
May 10, 2012 5:51 PM

Feb 2010
Because word of god still has not confirmed/denied that this is the latest chapter.
Ku ku ku~
May 11, 2012 1:31 AM
Oct 2009
I don't follow this manga, but I stopped here for a moment to let you rejoice: the manga IS officially going on.

news: http://www.animeclick.it/news/32051-giappone-termina-claymore

The site is in italian (sorry, I'll let you translate it with wathever program you trust more), and I saw the page right this morning.
In a few words: the italian publisher (i.e. Star Comics) of Claymore contacted Shueisha about the ending, and got officially reassured that the manga is NOT ending.
I actually trust the news itself, since that publisher and the other "big one", i.e. Panini Comics, always update their sites with news about the ending of the mangas they publish, with a delay of just a few days.
May 11, 2012 9:17 AM

Feb 2010
You could have cited the source of the news instead. This is probably the most solid statement to date, since it was from a related publisher. Really keeping my fingers crossed for another chapter soon...
Ku ku ku~
May 11, 2012 10:12 AM
Oct 2009
Kojiro_S said:
You could have cited the source of the news instead.

Geez, thanks for the appreciation, you're welcome.
Animeclick.it is THE biggest and most trusted italian online aggregator for news about manga and anime. I didn't link the source (and its info is cited in the same page!) and the first thing after my post is an attack?

Again, you're welcome. Feel free to dig it up by yourself, next time.
May 11, 2012 10:29 AM
Mar 2012
I really hope it's not ending, thanks for the info.
May 11, 2012 4:38 PM

Jun 2009
hope it's true! thanks for the info
May 11, 2012 5:36 PM

Feb 2010
kamigawa said:
Geez, thanks for the appreciation, you're welcome.
Animeclick.it is THE biggest and most trusted italian online aggregator for news about manga and anime. I didn't link the source (and its info is cited in the same page!) and the first thing after my post is an attack?

Again, you're welcome. Feel free to dig it up by yourself, next time.

Uh, sure. If saying that your info was the most solid 'til now was attacking you, yeah, be my guest.
Ku ku ku~
May 11, 2012 6:33 PM
Jan 2010
I found this as well.

Using Google Translate (I don't speak French), the news says Claymore still continues and we can grab Claymore 127 in the NEXT issue.
May 14, 2012 1:10 PM

Jul 2009
Was that seriously the ending? After that overload of information that came out of the blue and there are loads of loose ends...
May 15, 2012 10:27 AM

Jan 2012
OMG! it cant end like that! ¬¬
May 16, 2012 2:35 PM
Jun 2011
Snow_White said:
I found this as well.

Using Google Translate (I don't speak French), the news says Claymore still continues and we can grab Claymore 127 in the NEXT issue.

Yup, I'm french and a hastly done translation would give something like :

At the beginning of the month, several american and european sites announced the end of Caymore, Yagi Norihiro's manga. Indeed, in June's Square Jump, an Owari ("the end" in Japanese) could be find at the end of 126th chapter. Hower, no announce was made on japaneses websites or by the author or from Shûeisha.
Finally, today we got the answer thanks to one of our contacts in Japan (via Shûeisha). Actually it is an error from the magazine. We will find the 127th chapter in July's Square Jump, published on June, 4th. 22th volume will be published the same day.

Good news indeed =) .

Hope it helped (and hope my english skills aren't too bad :p )
May 19, 2012 7:20 AM

Dec 2008
Something just popped into my head - if the yoma were just parasites taking over the human bodies what was the thing that organization was implanting into their warriors?
May 20, 2012 11:40 PM
Dec 2011
Editor's mistake ? lol what a troll editor. What kind of mistake is that ?

But it will come out july ? after 2 months this time ? hmm

I prayed to the labona goddess and believed claymore won't end. :D yes !
May 21, 2012 6:11 AM

Jun 2009
wigglejelly said:
But it will come out july ? after 2 months this time ? hmm

Not in july but in the july issue (that gets published in june)
grandy_UiDMay 21, 2012 6:15 AM
May 24, 2012 8:47 AM

Jun 2009
hm, it's kinda good this 'mistake' happened, because it revived this forum for a while =D
Jun 2, 2012 11:21 PM

Aug 2007
The best place to discuss Claymore is Mangahelpers: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/750-Claymore

since besides leechers there are also scanlators there (like Gene from TSS or me from MiB group), translators (like Gernot, molokidan, cnet, etc.) and people connected to manga industry (for example a French who works for a French publisher that has connections with Shueisha, hence he knew for certain manga wasn't ending).

BTW, 127th chapter has been out for over 30 hours.
Jun 4, 2012 9:35 AM

Dec 2010
chapter 127 is here! it's the raw though! :P

http://www.dm5.com/manhua-claymor-dajian/
Jun 4, 2012 11:54 AM
Jan 2012
OMG thank god 126 wasnt the ending
Jun 6, 2012 8:32 PM
Dec 2011
127 raw is out !? now it's 100% official ! claymore my no.1 fav manga. long live claymore.
Jun 21, 2012 6:24 PM

Jun 2009
Blame the translator, this isn't the last chapter.. it's still ongoing I guess
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 21, 2012 6:38 PM

Jun 2012
Oh god, I hope this wasn't the last of it!

OwO ? Reading the last couple of comments, it's still ongoing? *squeals with joy* I hope this is true. So that's why MAL still has it listed as ongoing.

Claymore is not over yet! My life is complete. ^_^
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Jun 21, 2012 6:58 PM

Dec 2008
Zinvince said:
Blame the translator, this isn't the last chapter.. it's still ongoing I guess

The fun part is - this was not the translator fault. The word proclaiming the end of the story was in the original manga so someone screwed up at Shueisha (or some mega troll that was about to be fired gave his company a parting gift)...
SnakeBeater said:
Oh god, I hope this wasn't the last of it!

OwO ? Reading the last couple of comments, it's still ongoing? *squeals with joy* I hope this is true. So that's why MAL still has it listed as ongoing.

Claymore is not over yet! My life is complete. ^_^

Next chapter is already out available in english ^^
Sep 12, 2012 1:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That ending! It would have sucked big time if that was it.

Miria took a human life. I wonder if this will change her in some way.

The Organization is just 2 guys now, right?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 23, 2013 3:50 AM

Dec 2010
Whow, another plot twist and an unexpected ending. Once again I regained my faith in Claymore, that was a great chapter!

This is 10 years Claymore, now.

Marzan said:
The Organization is just 2 guys now, right?
No, the others just sneaked out and will probably try to rebuild the Organisation, like Ruben explained.
Dec 29, 2014 10:23 PM

May 2010
And now it is over, or is it...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.