MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

NIS America Licenses Usagi Drop
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» NIS America Licenses Usagi Drop

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
04-28-12, 11:02 AM

According to their official press release, NIS America has licensed Usagi Drop (Bunny Drop).

NIS America will release the 11-episode series in their premium package on DVD and Blu-ray on August 7. The four special episodes will be included.

Source: Press Release (ANN)

04-28-12, 11:05 AM

Finally something I like. Hope the sales are good for this one.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

04-28-12, 11:07 AM

In before the "Waah no dub" whiners.

Good pick up for NISA, I hope it does well for them.

04-28-12, 11:11 AM

Damn way to go the extra mile for fans.

04-28-12, 11:11 AM

im so fucking pissed where the hell is the second season for this show the second half was really good

04-28-12, 11:12 AM

ZoroFan said:
im so fucking pissed where the hell is the second season for this show the second half was really good
It'll be made whenever you learn proper sentence structure.

04-28-12, 11:18 AM

dammit, dunno if i want to buy. would only buy because of the words "premium edition"
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

04-28-12, 11:20 AM

ZoroFan said:

God no please no second season it'll ruin everything. If they animate the true ending that is. But overall the second half of the manga just wasn't as good as the first half.

04-28-12, 11:26 AM

Appel_stroop said:
ZoroFan said:

God no please no second season it'll ruin everything. If they animate the true ending that is. But overall the second half of the manga just wasn't as good as the first half.
true but second half was good not good as first half but still good i don't care about the ending i only care for the parts before it did have some good moments i think they should make it since everything was great in the manga except the ending

04-28-12, 11:32 AM

its unfortunate that animes like usagi drop and chihayafuru don' sell great in Japan. :(
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

04-28-12, 11:32 AM

S2 won't happen because it didn't sell well enough 4000 copies average in Japan, you need 6000+ for S2.

04-28-12, 11:34 AM

yeah a second season with the true ending would ruin the show.
Hmm was this anime licensed by another company before?

04-28-12, 11:37 AM

YES PLEASE.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

04-28-12, 12:03 PM

phoenixalia said:
its unfortunate that animes like usagi drop and chihayafuru don' sell great in Japan. :(

That's for 2 reasons:
1 - Time slots.
2 - No pantsu or tsundere.

04-28-12, 12:16 PM

SergioSource said:
phoenixalia said:

That's for 2 reasons:
1 - Time slots.

Timeslots have nothing to do with it, since prime time anime doesn't sell either (Usagi Drop still outsold Naruto and One Piece normal DVD volumes).

Its just that the audience who buys anime aren't middle aged women, so they have no interest in Josei anime.

04-28-12, 12:36 PM

SergioSource said:
phoenixalia said:

That's for 2 reasons:
1 - Time slots.

Denpa got a S2 and had none of the above just a little under 6000 copies sold overall + merchandising.

04-28-12, 12:43 PM

i must say that's a nice acquisition

04-28-12, 12:51 PM

Sounds good for NISA, although a second season would be nice too

04-28-12, 1:02 PM

phoenixalia said:

There's a saying that these kinds of masterpieces are released to the wrong audience at the wrong time. If anime like this were released back then, the resulting appeal would've been much different.

04-28-12, 1:22 PM

It's about time.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.

04-28-12, 1:23 PM

Watupfoo said:
Hoppy said:
SergioSource said:
phoenixalia said:

That's for 2 reasons:
1 - Time slots.

Denpa got a S2 and had none of the above just a little under 6000 copies sold overall + merchandising.

by Denpa you mean Denpa onna to seishun otoko?omg, is it getting a second season?!?!

Yep

04-28-12, 1:24 PM

Kenta_Maebara said:
phoenixalia said:

There's a saying that these kinds of masterpieces are released to the wrong audience at the wrong time. If anime like this were released back then, the resulting appeal would've been much different.

What are you talking about? Anime like this has never sold in Japan since the target audience for actual physical media always been the hardcore crowd.

04-28-12, 1:25 PM

Hoppy said:
Watupfoo said:
by Denpa you mean Denpa onna to seishun otoko?omg, is it getting a second season?!?!
Yep

Unless it happened very recently, no Denpa Onna sequel has been announced yet.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

04-28-12, 1:25 PM

Kenta_Maebara said:
phoenixalia said:

It wouldn't have helped, most of the Japanese BD buying audience are male and with few exceptions wouldn't bother with Josei especially ones that have a strong female main. Japan is far different from the west where we are grateful for a strong female protagonist.

04-28-12, 1:27 PM

Hoppy said:
It wouldn't have helped, most of the Japanese BD buying audience are male and with few exceptions wouldn't bother with Josei especially ones that have a strong female main. Japan is far different from the west where we are grateful for a strong female protagonist.

? Plenty of otaku shows have strong female protagonists or female leads. A lot don't have male protagonists at all. Not every otaku show is a harem romcom.

04-28-12, 1:28 PM

jmal said:
Hoppy said:

? Plenty of otaku shows have strong female protagonists or female leads.

Not all of them sell though.

and for the Denpa Onna S2 remark

http://mon0r.com/2011/07/second-season-confirmed-denpa-onna-to-seishun-otoko/

04-28-12, 1:30 PM

Hoppy said:
jmal said:
Hoppy said:

Would be nice if MAL made an announcement on that.

//inb4announcementafterreadingthis//
Dont touch me I'm in despair.

04-28-12, 1:33 PM

Hoppy said:
jmal said:
Hoppy said:

Uhh... thats some article from July last year. If that was true, we woulda heard about it on legit sites by now.

04-28-12, 1:39 PM

Hoppy said:

And not all shows with a male protagonist or a weak female lead sell. Because... not all shows sell. Only about 30-40% of non-children's anime average 5k or more anyway.

That's very strange, I never remembered seeing that news anywhere else and it's really old now too. I wonder if the director jumped the gun a bit, or rather if the translator did. I think the only part referring to a sequel is "二期はあともうちょっとですね" which I thought would be translated as a more tentative "Wait a bit for news about a second season" sort of reply (in response to the initial tweet indicating anticipation for a sequel), not necessarily a definite "Yeah we're definitely doing a second season"-kinda answer.

Well if they are doing it, there will be a more official announcement at some point, and even then it wouldn't be coming any time soon with how backed up Shaft is.

Edit: also worth noting that same news story interpreted Hidan no Aria's "oh god please buy more BDs" comment as "great news, sequel probably coming!" so I'm taking their interpretations with a grain of salt.
Modified by jmal, 04-28-12, 1:44 PM

04-28-12, 1:49 PM

jmal said:
Hoppy said:

And not all shows with a male protagonist or a weak female lead sell. Because... not all shows sell. Only about 30-40% of non-children's anime average 5k or more anyway.

That's very strange, I never remembered seeing that news anywhere else and it's really old now too. I wonder if the director jumped the gun a bit, or rather if the translator did. I think the only part referring to a sequel is "二期はあともうちょっとですね" which I thought would be translated as a more tentative "Wait a bit for news about a second season" sort of reply (in response to the initial tweet indicating anticipation for a sequel), not necessarily a definite "Yeah we're definitely doing a second season"-kinda answer.

Well if they are doing it, there will be a more official announcement at some point, and even then it wouldn't be coming any time soon with how backed up Shaft is.

Edit: also worth noting that same news story interpreted Hidan no Aria's "oh god please buy more BDs" comment as "great news, sequel probably coming!" so I'm taking their interpretations with a grain of salt.

Well it did say it wouldn't be coming out for some time, the fact you mentioned SHAFTs heavy workload proves that.

04-28-12, 1:56 PM

Hardcover Art Book!?

Must resist....

04-28-12, 2:33 PM

NISA continues to listen to fans. FUNi should try that.

04-28-12, 3:59 PM

NIS keeps licensing great titles. I'm very happy to hear about this one.

04-28-12, 8:55 PM

Take all of my money that I don't have!

04-28-12, 8:56 PM

I always assumed that since this had already been licensed and released in Australia, America had it too.. You learn something new everyday.

04-28-12, 10:50 PM

These people should get Kimi to Boku.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

04-28-12, 11:05 PM

Hoppy said:
Watupfoo said:
Hoppy said:
SergioSource said:
phoenixalia said:

That's for 2 reasons:
1 - Time slots.

Yep

No its not, It hasent been announced at all :| if it has i'd like to see proof on ANN. Because I looked and have seen nothing.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO

04-28-12, 11:37 PM

Fuck yeah NISA. Again.

04-29-12, 12:28 AM

Definitely a must-buy...

04-29-12, 2:09 AM

mitch3315 said:
I always assumed that since this had already been licensed and released in Australia, America had it too.. You learn something new everyday.

Thats what i thought too. But it seems Siren Visual have a few other titles as well that arnt licensed anywhere else.

04-29-12, 8:10 AM

Very cool. I'm picking up the manga slowly, but from what I have I am thoroughly enjoying it thus far. Haven't seen the anime, so I'm looking forward to seeing this, though I'm not a fan of the Premium Editions. (Crossing my fingers for a standard edition.)

04-29-12, 8:15 AM

This news make my day. I've been waiting a long time for this to include Usagi Drop DVD to my collection.

05-01-12, 4:26 AM

Nice. :)

05-01-12, 8:43 AM

Great news, and now a step closer to a UK release.

05-06-13, 1:23 PM

When I saw this series I loved it and thought "finally a series that I can show my mum that these 'japanese cartoons' I watch all day can be enjoyed by you as well"

But there's no dub and no UK release :( :( :( :(

Seems watching anime will stay a hobby my parents can't understand...

05-06-13, 10:07 PM

Good news.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

05-07-13, 7:30 PM

. announced today that Bunny Drop Complete Series Premium Edition will release in North America this August.
I listen the poem with my Apple iPod, thinking the love in the old times .

05-08-13, 2:15 PM

MyNameSucks said:
Very cool. I'm picking up the manga slowly, but from what I have I am thoroughly enjoying it thus far. Haven't seen the anime, so I'm looking forward to seeing this, though I'm not a fan of the Premium Editions. (Crossing my fingers for a standard edition.)

I know this comment was a long time ago, but....how'd you like the second half?!

Lol I liked it, but it seems to be a fun topic.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy