Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2012 7:11 PM
Nov 2010
I'm loving this show, it seriously starting to get better with each episode now.

KaitoDash said:
Gilgamesh is right. Tokiomi is simply boring and stay boring to the very end.

Basically, yeah. I little disappointed he didn't put up most of a fight, still good episode.
Apr 28, 2012 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
kaarosu_318 said:
Am I the only one who felt sorry for Tokiomi?

I'm curious to read the LN now, because my impression of Tokiomi has changed from the F/sn anime to the F/sn VN to the F/Z anime. I think I would be more sorry for him if I had read the LN first, especially after reading what TheRealBoyd posted.
Apr 28, 2012 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
The only person I feel sorry for is Rin since she really loved him.

No I dont think that your opinion about him would change if you read the LN..but you should read it anyway.
Apr 28, 2012 7:22 PM

Apr 2011
Took Kirei long enough to kill Tokiomi.

Saber with a motorcycle, that is just too good. Now she's even more of a bad-ass.
Apr 28, 2012 7:23 PM

Dec 2011
BloodRequiem said:
kaarosu_318 said:

i did too
he really isnt a bad guy
but i still love kirei

Although, I still don't get why he gave away Sakura like that. Can someone explain to me?
Apr 28, 2012 7:23 PM

Jul 2007
Loved this one. This episode hit nearly all of the bases that I wanted it to hit, so I enjoyed it more than a lot of the novel readers. The only thing that I felt was amiss was the lack of Kotomine crying, as he did in the novel, when he came across his father’s corpse. Other than that, I kind of felt that they were attempting to appeal to lolicons in episode 10, so I was worried about that possibility in this episode. I didn’t get that vibe from 17, at all, so much rejoicing was to be had.

Formatting-wise, I’m glad that they decided to fit the death of Tokiomi into the episode. Originally, I would have preferred that it was ordered in the exact same fashion as it was in the novel, with the scene with Kotomine and his father placed directly after Kayneth shot him, but after it became apparent that this wouldn’t be practical for an episodic format, I really wanted them to just condense all of the Kotomine characterization together, to better contrast his character with that of Kiritsugu from the previous episode. I was ready to groan when the episode got to the final meeting between Kotomine and Tokiomi, at the 18 minute mark, without arriving at the stabbing scene.

It also seemed to be a common consensus that, due to time constraints, they were just going to exposit the scene in which Kirei arrived upon his father’s corpse and obtained his command seals, so I was impressed with how clever they were in adding it in and extremely happy about it, all the same.

BloodRequiem said:

pretty sure it is just 1 episode

I'd be very surprised if turned out to only be one episode long, as the director mentioned that they were planning on expanding Kiritsugu's back-story and placing an especially large amount of emphasis on his characterization. I wouldn't be surprised if they animated Heart of Freaks.

http://www.tsukikan.com/misc/fate-zero-director-aoki-ei-one-on-one-interview.html

--What do you care about the most during this period?

Aoki: Probably Kiritsugu's past. How did Kiritsugu turn out the way he is, in the original novel it was covered separately from the main story, this will need to be presented well in the anime. It will also expand and complete some missing information base on the original novel.
LunarMoonApr 28, 2012 7:28 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Apr 28, 2012 7:26 PM

Oct 2009
ssjokg said:
you mean both Shirley and Natalia in one ep?

All the voices from the preview appear to be from the Island part and get at least up to the end of it.

But the entire flashback is only 24 pages, I don't know if they'd stretch the remaining 10 pages into an entire extra episode so it might be one episode for the whole flashback.

LunarMoon said:

I'd be very surprised if turned out to only be one episode long, as the director mentioned that they were planning on expanding Kiritsugu's back-story and placing an especially large amount of emphasis on his characterization.

http://www.tsukikan.com/misc/fate-zero-director-aoki-ei-one-on-one-interview.html

--What do you care about the most during this period?

Aoki: Probably Kiritsugu's past. How did Kiritsugu turn out the way he is, in the original novel it was covered separately from the main story, this will need to be presented well in the anime. It will also expand and complete some missing information base on the original novel.

I hope this is the case.

I wasn't particularly happy about them stretching Rin's few pages into an entire episode and changing stuff back in episode 10.

But more of Kiritsugu and Natalia's exploits is something I can definitely get on board with.
TopgunUKApr 28, 2012 7:30 PM
Apr 28, 2012 7:29 PM

Apr 2012
kaarosu_318 said:
BloodRequiem said:
kaarosu_318 said:

i did too
he really isnt a bad guy
but i still love kirei

Although, I still don't get why he gave away Sakura like that. Can someone explain to me?

from my previous post on page 4

if sakura isnt protected by a powerful magus family
she could potentially be designated for sealing by the association due to her rare potential

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 28, 2012 7:30 PM

Aug 2011
FUCK YOU KOTOMINE KIREI I KNEW YOU WERE BAD FROM THE FUCKING START I TOTALLY CALLED THAT.

Sorry. Anyways, yeah, I never liked Kotomine Kirei. I'm totally on Kiritsugu's side for this one. By the way, when Iri dies I will for sure crey because she's one of my favourite characters. Maiya sucks as usual. Saber was adorable with the motorcycle. Gilgamesh is sexy. Done.
Apr 28, 2012 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
itsvero said:
FUCK YOU KOTOMINE KIREI I KNEW YOU WERE BAD FROM THE FUCKING START I TOTALLY CALLED THAT.

Sorry. Anyways, yeah, I never liked Kotomine Kirei. I'm totally on Kiritsugu's side for this one. By the way, when Iri dies I will for sure crey because she's one of my favourite characters. Maiya sucks as usual. Saber was adorable with the motorcycle. Gilgamesh is sexy. Done.

come on
kirei doesnt deserve that much hatred
if you want to blame
you have to blame kayneth for shooting risei who to some degree kept kirei on the pristine path
and if you blame kayneth you kinda have to blame kiritsugu for crippling him so he had to take drastic measures
BloodRequiemApr 28, 2012 7:39 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 28, 2012 7:36 PM

Aug 2009
I think one episode for the island and the first half of the next for Natalia would be good.The second half could either be Kiritsugu with Maiya and Iri or Rider and Waver.

And everyone seems to hate Maiya.Why?Because she helps Kiritsugu win the war?
Apr 28, 2012 7:38 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
I think one episode for the island and the first half of the next for Natalia would be good.The second half could either be Kiritsugu with Maiya and Iri or Rider and Waver

but that would be kinda weird
well considering how they crammed this episode its not impossible that they will fit shirley and natalia in 1

i dont get why anyone would hate maiya either
in fact i dont get why people would hate any character other than zouken or sola
BloodRequiemApr 28, 2012 7:45 PM
Apr 28, 2012 7:43 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
I think one episode for the island and the first half of the next for Natalia would be good.The second half could either be Kiritsugu with Maiya and Iri or Rider and Waver

but that would be kinda weird
well considering how they crammed this episode its not impossible that they will fit shirley and natalia in 1

I dont think that it would be so weird if after the flashback they go with Kiritsugu's mansion scene.And we(at least those that didnt read the LN )are supposed to learn about Kritsugu.Kirie had almost entire episodes for that while Emiya had like 3 scenes of character development and thats counting ep 16.
Apr 28, 2012 7:45 PM

Aug 2011
Ye, I'm also curious how they will do with the Kiritsugu's distant memories. They been doing a really good job so far, and I hope they will keep on doing that.

Kotomine Kirei and his smirk. Just wow. I just can't wait to see more of his insane plans coming episode, especially Gilgamesh's battle with other masters. ;]

And Saber got a bike, which was "present" from Kiritsugu. I was a bit surprised about that when I read the Novel to be honest. x]
Apr 28, 2012 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
Xayoz said:

Willpower != backbone.

You're right, rape victims just need to man the fuck up and fight back. Are you kidding me? This is more misconstrued than the idea that clinical depression is something that can just be shrugged off. It's like you don't even have the slightest idea how it is to deal with real trauma.
Apr 28, 2012 7:48 PM

Apr 2012
Siclo said:
Xayoz said:

Willpower != backbone.

You're right, rape victims just need to man the fuck up and fight back. Are you kidding me? This is more misconstrued than the idea that clinical depression is something that can just be shrugged off. It's like you don't even have the slightest idea how it is to deal with real trauma.

which is why we think he is just trolling
Apr 28, 2012 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
Gilgamesh one of the most powerful servants and Kirei the only one who was a major Threat to Kritsugu now Master and Servant..lol things should get quite interesting now.

shame for Tokiomi he didn't seem all that bad but at first i thought he was Pretty much asking Kirei to end his life there but that wasn't the case.
Apr 28, 2012 7:56 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

in fact i dont get why people would hate any character other than zouken or sola

I dont hate Sola but since she didnt love kayneth she could just stay away from him and the war.I know it was a magus family thing but she didnt have to follow him.I dont like her or hate her but if you compare her to any other character she just doesnt fit in.damn it even Ryuunosuke had more reasons for entering the war than she did.As for her love for Lancer,his curse is to blame.
Apr 28, 2012 7:59 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

I dont hate Sola but since she didnt love kayneth she could just stay away from him and the war.I know it was a magus family thing but she didnt have to follow him.I dont like her or hate her but if you compare her to any other character she just doesnt fit in.damn it even Ryuunosuke had more reasons for entering the war than she did.As for her love for Lancer,his curse is to blame.

im just saying that its understandable to hate those 2 characters
but maiya...really?
Apr 28, 2012 8:05 PM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:

I dont hate Sola but since she didnt love kayneth she could just stay away from him and the war.I know it was a magus family thing but she didnt have to follow him.

Are you certain that you actually watching Fate/Zero?

Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi as a master and Sola-Ui Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri as mana-battery for Lancer doesn't ring any bell?

ArqentumApr 28, 2012 8:11 PM
Apr 28, 2012 8:08 PM

Aug 2009
Arqentum said:
ssjokg said:

I dont hate Sola but since she didnt love kayneth she could just stay away from him and the war.I know it was a magus family thing but she didnt have to follow him.

Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi as a master and Sola-Ui Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri as mana-battery for Lancer doesn't ring any bell?

and she didnt have to accept that.That's what I am talking about.Why would you help someone that you dont love win a war?
Apr 28, 2012 8:08 PM

Oct 2009
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

I think her participation was Kayneth's idea, that whole thing where she provided the prana for his servant freeing him up to use his full potential as a magus was supposed to be his trump card.
Apr 28, 2012 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Arqentum said:
ssjokg said:

and she didnt have to accept that.That's what I am talking about.Why would you help someone that you dont love win a war?

it was like a political marriage between 2 magi families
magi are pretty conservative
Apr 28, 2012 8:10 PM
Apr 28, 2012 8:11 PM

Oct 2009
ssjokg said:
Arqentum said:
ssjokg said:

She probably accepted it for the same reason she accepted the arranged marriage with Kayneth(to do what's expected of her and please her family).

And once Lancer was summoned any qualms she had probably disappeared.
Apr 28, 2012 8:15 PM

Aug 2009
Topgunuk69 said:

And once Lancer was summoned any qualms she had probably disappeared.

Yeah not gonna argue with that.But still why?Well I always hate it when someone is forced to do something because of their status.
Apr 28, 2012 8:16 PM

Apr 2007
belatkuro said:
DaisyDuck3008 said:
Monochrome said:
In the first half they did forget to draw command seals on some of the character's hands, I only noticed with TV/BD comparison shots, so it may just be an error. Though it seems weird to forget it with such an important scene. Unless they merged or something in the anime? Still weird.
In the LN it says that the two Command Seals are on his LEFT lower arm and the Command Seals of Risei are on his entire RIGHT arm
Yes I know but in episode 12 we saw it return to his right hand. Sure they changed the position where it returned but they have to at least stick to the original scenario that Kirei used his own Command Seals instead of the ones from the supervisor/his father.
And in this episode the seal was shown to still be on Kotomine's right hand (when he was with his dead papa), but after that it disappeared. Nothing on his left hand either. That's the only reason I mentioned that they may have changed it. But I guess we'll find out wut ufotable is doing in a couple episodes. If the original seal is never shown again then it can't be called an error anymore.
Apr 28, 2012 8:21 PM

Apr 2012
Monochrome said:
belatkuro said:
DaisyDuck3008 said:
Monochrome said:
In the first half they did forget to draw command seals on some of the character's hands, I only noticed with TV/BD comparison shots, so it may just be an error. Though it seems weird to forget it with such an important scene. Unless they merged or something in the anime? Still weird.
In the LN it says that the two Command Seals are on his LEFT lower arm and the Command Seals of Risei are on his entire RIGHT arm
Yes I know but in episode 12 we saw it return to his right hand. Sure they changed the position where it returned but they have to at least stick to the original scenario that Kirei used his own Command Seals instead of the ones from the supervisor/his father.
And in this episode the seal was shown to still be on Kotomine's right hand (when he was with his dead papa), but after that it disappeared. Nothing on his left hand either. That's the only reason I mentioned that they may have changed it. But I guess we'll find out wut ufotable is doing in a couple episodes. If the original seal is never shown again then it can't be called an error anymore.

i think it just merged with the ones on his arm
cuz in fsn no 1 noticed any command spells on kirei's hand
Apr 28, 2012 8:21 PM

Jun 2009
Stop applying your mediocre emotion-based judgment over something you can't even barely understand.

Emotion is never a good thing. Nothing based on it will stand last long.
Mage's Association basis is purely devoted to one thing: The Root. Nothing. Else. Matters.
The time when they will begin to care 'bout individual 'feelings' will be the first day of their fall.

... crap it.

Just re-watch Kirei & Gilgamesh dialogue 'bout the wish Tohsaka have.

Kotomine Kirei said:
Those of us interested only in the Interior of this World can only understand it as a 'pointless-sounding plan'

F/Z ep.6 (17:49)
Apr 28, 2012 8:24 PM

Dec 2011
From my speculation, Rider's gonna be the next one killed but I hope not. I liked him.
Apr 28, 2012 8:31 PM

Aug 2009
Arqentum said:
Stop applying your mediocre emotion-based judgment over something you can't even barely understand.

Mage's Association basis is purely devoted to one thing: The Root. Nothing. Else. Matters.
The time when they will begin to care 'bout individual 'feelings' will be the first day of their fall.

... crap it.

Kotomine Kirei said:
Those of us interested only in the Interior of this World can only understand it as a 'pointless-sounding plan'

read the LN Watched 1st season twice...
The fact that they believe that they are right doesnt mean they are.

"Stop applying your mediocre emotion-based judgment over something you can't even barely understand."
So everyone here judges them without using their emotions....riiight.

Should I just say" ok they are right" without question it?
Apr 28, 2012 8:33 PM

Oct 2009
Arqentum said:

... crap it.

Kotomine Kirei said:

You're so damn edgy I almost cut myself responding to you.

Understanding the character's motivations and reasoning doesn't mean you have to agree with or admire them.
Apr 28, 2012 8:34 PM

Oct 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Saw it coming from a mile away; so it wasn't really a surprising backstab but still Kirei finally shows his true colors that have been implied till now; kinda wondered about that goodbye to Rin scene tho...wasn't

In any case next episode seems like it might be Kiritsugu's past which i wouldn't mind at all since to me he is even more complex than Kirei; or at least has the potential to be.

Quick question, how many command seals does Kirei actually have now? i mean the norm is to have 3 right? but i think its safe to say that he has more than that now...

Yea it was rather predictable but I still loved it; I'm guessing Kirei has a ton of command seals now. Maybe this is why he was able to control Lancer as well as Gilgamesh in Fate/Stay Night.

Apr 28, 2012 8:38 PM

Apr 2012
dashiawia said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Saw it coming from a mile away; so it wasn't really a surprising backstab but still Kirei finally shows his true colors that have been implied till now; kinda wondered about that goodbye to Rin scene tho...wasn't

In any case next episode seems like it might be Kiritsugu's past which i wouldn't mind at all since to me he is even more complex than Kirei; or at least has the potential to be.

Quick question, how many command seals does Kirei actually have now? i mean the norm is to have 3 right? but i think its safe to say that he has more than that now...

Yea it was rather predictable but I still loved it; I'm guessing Kirei has a ton of command seals now. Maybe this is why he was able to control Lancer as well as Gilgamesh in Fate/Stay Night.

Apr 28, 2012 8:41 PM

Aug 2009
Topgunuk69 said:
Arqentum said:

... crap it.

Kotomine Kirei said:

Understanding the character's motivations and reasoning doesn't mean you have to agree with or admire them.

by what he is saying he must mean that:
Tokiomi really is a good father.
Zouken is an even better grandfather and father
Caster and Uryuu were just having fun.
I could use characters from other anime too but anyway

Ok I should accept all of them and stop being a human being
Apr 28, 2012 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:

by what he is saying he must mean that:
Tokiomi really is a good father.
Zouken is an even better grandfather and father
Caster and Uryuu were just having fun.
I could use characters from other anime too but anyway

Ok I should accept all of them and stop being a human being

Tokiomi is a really a good father. He cares 'bout his family unlike Zouken.
The difference is - Zouken is immortal, hence he does not need a family which can achieve what he has not in future generations.
He need tools to bring him what he desires.
Since when using logic equals cutting, ripping, smashing and cleaving people?
Caster and his master are both mad, they are driven by their desire (which is an emotion).

Topgunuk69 said:

The key word is "understanding".
Be careful do not cut yourself, take this: [Soft Keyboard Fingerguards].
ArqentumApr 28, 2012 9:04 PM
Apr 28, 2012 9:09 PM

Jan 2009
SIMPLY AMAZING
the dialogues in this series is just outstanfinly great.
Best series ive watched so far.
Apr 28, 2012 9:13 PM

Aug 2009
you dont make sense do you realize that.
you say that we cant judge them depending on emotions but you just said that Caster was wrong..why dont you try to understand him?
If you yourself choose which one to understand then dont tell me what to do either.
and wanting to reach the Root IS a desire the magi have.
I tried to understand Zouken and Tokiomi and many other characters.I feel different towards everyone because I judge their beliefs depending on my emotions/beliefs.If that wasnt the case I wouldnt care for the outcome of the war or any other story anime or not.
Apr 28, 2012 9:34 PM

Mar 2011
so Kirei finally did it, dat smirk of him was creepy as hell.
flashback next ep, hope they won't drag it the whole ep though.
Apr 28, 2012 9:41 PM

Aug 2009
Lumathy said:

Actually they should.
Apr 28, 2012 9:43 PM

Apr 2012
Lumathy said:

the flashback thing isnt like the rin bs
its actually legit important
Apr 28, 2012 9:53 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode, can't wait for next one.
Apr 28, 2012 9:54 PM

Jul 2009
Well the episode was fun. And going through these past 7 pages of spoilers was even more fun. Well, they weren't really spoilers as none of it will ever show in Fate Zero.

I hope they animate Sakura's route, or maybe I'll have to do a bit of wikiing to satisfy my needs.
Apr 28, 2012 9:56 PM

Jul 2010
the interaction between gilgamesh and him are always so interesting. but god damn this guy did a 180.

Apr 28, 2012 9:56 PM

Aug 2009
Kurogashi said:
Well the episode was fun. And going through these past 7 pages of spoilers was even more fun. Well, they weren't really spoilers as none of it will ever show in Fate Zero.

I hope they animate Sakura's route, or maybe I'll have to do a bit of wikiing to satisfy my needs.

plz dont use the wiki.Find the game and download the save points for Sakura's route.
Way better feeling
Apr 28, 2012 10:01 PM

Oct 2008
The discussions between Gilgamesh and Kirei were quite interesting.
However, Tokiomi's death didn't actually have as much impact as I had expected it to.

When do we get some bike + Saber action?
Apr 28, 2012 10:02 PM

Apr 2012
Kurogashi said:

either download the visual novel or read the "screenshots" here
but really i suggest the visual novel for the music and overall enjoyment

http://fsn.seorinwastaken.com/archive/index.html
Apr 28, 2012 10:05 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Kurogashi said:

I took a look at it...yeah the VN would be a lot better
Apr 28, 2012 10:08 PM

Mar 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Lumathy said:

the flashback thing isnt like the rin bs
its actually legit important

yeah I know what those flashbacks are important for ppl to understand Kiritsugu, just personally not a fan of whole ep flashback.
Apr 28, 2012 10:08 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
Kurogashi said:

I took a look at it...yeah the VN would be a lot better

the link i provided is mostly used to provide anti-faggotry material when someone makes a statement like "hurr durr lancelot can beat hercules"
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.