Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2012 5:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Xayoz said:
ssjokg said:

I dont see ANY reason to like the family besides Rin.Both Parents are shit putting their "noble" magic/crest above their kids.I understand why people dont like Sakura in FSN, but why hate her?

Of course they put their magic first. So would I, where I a magus.

^This.

The whole point of living for magus is to be able to obtain the truth and origin one day.

If you want to be more humane, don't be born in a magus family.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 28, 2012 5:12 PM

Sep 2010
The magi lifestyle isn't presented as a good thing, though.
Apr 28, 2012 5:15 PM

Oct 2009
Thess said:

That Xayoz guy is some kind of sociopath I swear.

Apr 28, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
Xayoz said:
I really can't state enough how much I love the Tohsaka family (except Sakura).

I dont see ANY reason to like the family besides Rin.Both Parents are shit putting their "noble" magic/crest above their kids.I understand why people dont like Sakura in FSN, but why hate her?

the Tohsaka family(except for Rin) NEVER did anything for her.While Sakura( spoiler for VN)

People that want more Kirie and Gil next time will be really disappointed.

well that is how magus are raised
like what kayneth said in episode 1 the magic crest is passed down from generation to generation and is the essence of the family's research and accomplishments
of course to them it is worth far more than human lives

Xayoz said:
ssjokg said:

I hate Sakura simply because I can't stand meek, backboneless women. Her being that way isn't probably her fault, but that doesn't make her any more likable for me.

being magus doesnt change the fact that they are assholes.

and meek, backboneless woman?You obviously havent read Heaven's Feel.

They could have just ignored Sakura's potential and train just Rin but NO they had to give her away.And none from the reasons Tokiomi mentioned, justify what he did.
"Hey your daughter is being raped by thousands of worms and Asshole Shinji till she is seventeen"
"Oh excuse me I have no time for this I have to reach the Root"
Yeah they need respect for that....
ssjokgApr 28, 2012 5:22 PM
Apr 28, 2012 5:23 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
Xayoz said:
I really can't state enough how much I love the Tohsaka family (except Sakura).

the Tohsaka family(except for Rin) NEVER did anything for her.While Sakura( spoiler for VN)

People that want more Kirie and Gil next time will be really disappointed.

well that is how magus are raised
like what kayneth said in episode 1 the magic crest is passed down from generation to generation and is the essence of the family's research and accomplishments
of course to them it is worth far more than human lives

Xayoz said:
ssjokg said:

I hate Sakura simply because I can't stand meek, backboneless women. Her being that way isn't probably her fault, but that doesn't make her any more likable for me.

being magus doesnt change the fact that they are assholes.

and meek, backboneless woman?You obviously havent read Heaven's Feel.

They could have just ignored Sakura's potential and train just Rin but NO they had to give her away.And none from the reasons Tokiomi mentioned, justify what he did.
"Hey your daughter is being raped by thousands of worms and Asshole Shinji till she is seventeen"
"Oh excuse me I have no time for this I have to reach the Root"
Yeah they need respect for that....

tokiomi didnt know that the matou merely treated sakura as a breeding horse
he legitimately thought that sakura had a future with them
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 28, 2012 5:24 PM

Apr 2009
Topgunuk69 said:
Thess said:

I don't think I quite qualify as a sociopath but I do somewhat admire the 'magi lifestyle'.

Thess said:

Sakura is someone with a willpower who can keep abay All Evils of the World implanted in her Soul, the Souls of many great Heroic Spirits (While other Grails like Irisiviel and Illya break sooner) and the worms sucking her magical energy for a while. Until deep emotional duress is injected.

Sure. No backbone.

Willpower != backbone.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Apr 28, 2012 5:27 PM

Apr 2012
Xayoz said:
Topgunuk69 said:
Thess said:

I don't think I quite qualify as a sociopath but I do somewhat admire the 'magi lifestyle'.

Thess said:

Sakura is someone with a willpower who can keep abay All Evils of the World implanted in her Soul, the Souls of many great Heroic Spirits (While other Grails like Irisiviel and Illya break sooner) and the worms sucking her magical energy for a while. Until deep emotional duress is injected.

Sure. No backbone.

Willpower != backbone.

she doesnt have the power to defy zouken
theres a difference between having backbone and being pure stupid
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 28, 2012 5:34 PM
Sep 2011
Xayoz said:

Willpower != backbone.

Apr 28, 2012 5:43 PM

Sep 2010
Xayoz said:
Willpower != backbone.

Wow, it's like you never read the VN.

Apr 28, 2012 5:43 PM

Apr 2009
BloodRequiem said:

Apr 28, 2012 5:45 PM

Sep 2010
Xayoz said:
BloodRequiem said:

Nice victim blaming from the POV of a rapist (he raped Ayako, Rider and almost raped Rin if Lancer hadn't arrived in time. I'm sure he's excused in his head).
Apr 28, 2012 5:46 PM
Feb 2012
That smile of Kirei was just perfectly done.
Also camera rotation when he stabs the fool is very effective.
I think this ep will have extended cut in bluray form.

(bluray boxset 2 date is Sep 19)
Apr 28, 2012 5:46 PM

Apr 2012
Xayoz said:
BloodRequiem said:

as long as she has the crest worm inside her zouken can kill her anytime
same reason why kariya cant tell anyone what sakura is going through
Apr 28, 2012 5:47 PM

Apr 2009
Thess said:

Nice victim blaming from the POV of a rapist (he raped Ayako, Rider and almost raped Rin if Lancer hadn't arrived in time).

Are you implying Sakura couldn't have stopped Sinji, had she wanted to?
Apr 28, 2012 5:48 PM

Sep 2010
BloodRequiem said:
as long as she has the crest worm inside her zouken can kill her anytime
same reason why kariya cant tell anyone what sakura is going through

It's also the reason why Shirou and Rin thought Sakura was a danger in HF (the Shadow things weren't known until later).

Xayoz said:
Thess said:

Nice victim blaming from the POV of a rapist (he raped Ayako, Rider and almost raped Rin if Lancer hadn't arrived in time).

I'm not sure if you're serious or just a troll.
Apr 28, 2012 5:51 PM

Apr 2012
Xayoz said:
Thess said:

and die?
sure if shes stupid and desperate she will resist and die but she met shirou and fell in love so why would she want to die?
Apr 28, 2012 5:53 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

I dont think that Tokiomi knew of Zouken's plans for the next War but I am pretty sure he knew the way their magc works.Their families know each other way too long.

Perloo said:
Xayoz said:

Willpower != backbone.

not fighting back=/=enjoyment.

Xayoz said:
Thess said:

Because killing Shinji WAS the only way to stop him
And have the one she loves(Shirou) and gives her the will to live hate her?
Apr 28, 2012 5:55 PM

Sep 2010
BloodRequiem said:
and die?
sure if shes stupid and desperate she will resist and die but she met shirou and fell in love so why would she want to die?

They are also forgetting that before Sakura had the worms removed out of her, she was painfully weak (since they constantly suck out her prana).

What Shinji tells himself to justify his disgusting, rapist behavior to feel stronger is one thing, that someone actually takes him seriously makes me completely uncomfortable. But I'm inclined to think they are a troll.

Of course, must have been Rin's fault for not resisting him in UBW. Ayako's fault in the routes she can't escape. Rider's fault. They could have stopped him, right guys?

Shinji learns a bit more of what to be a host of something disgusting in UBW, that's why he realizes he was wrong.

Well, whatever, let's discuss about how weird the art looked sometimes in this episode.
ThessApr 28, 2012 6:00 PM
Apr 28, 2012 5:59 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

I dont think that Tokiomi knew of Zouken's plans for the next War but I am pretty sure he knew the way their magc works.Their families know each other way too long.

Perloo said:
Xayoz said:

Willpower != backbone.

not fighting back=/=enjoyment.

Xayoz said:
Thess said:

And have the one she loves(Shirou) and gives her the will to live hate her?

if sakura isnt protected by a powerful magus family
she could potentially be designated for sealing by the association due to her rare potential

Apr 28, 2012 6:06 PM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

I disagree.
BloodRequiem said:

and die?

What? I don't recall it ever being impleid that Sakura needed to have sex with Shinji to 'stay alive'.
If my memory serves, her life was immediately threatened only after she started transforming into a grail.
Apr 28, 2012 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
Xayoz said:
ssjokg said:

I disagree.
BloodRequiem said:

and die?

What? I don't recall it ever being impleid that Sakura needed to have sex with Shinji to 'stay alive'.
If my memory serves, her life was immediately threatened only after she started transforming into a grail.

perhaps you have forgotten it was zouken who allowed shinji to rape sakura and to refuse is to defy zouken
BloodRequiemApr 28, 2012 6:12 PM
Apr 28, 2012 6:10 PM

Aug 2009
I still think that he should have died in UBW.And I never understood why Shirou was playing friends with him.He didnt know about the rape yeah ,but he knew that he was abusing Sakura.Anyway this isnt an episode discussion anymore

@BloodRequiem
yeah I know but there were many magi families in the world that would be REALLY glad to take Sakura.Or hide the fact that she has those powers.
"He had obtained the way to have both his beloved daughters inherit first-class magecraft , unconstrained by their bloodline’s consequence, and carve out their own lives"<-he only cares about them reaching the Tohsaka family's goals.

@Xayoz
You forget that Zouken ordered Shinji to rape her(in the beginning).Since Zouken said it Sakura has no option.You would knew that if you knew how
Apr 28, 2012 6:16 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
I still think that he should have died in UBW.And I never understood why Shirou was playing friends with him.He didnt know about the rape yeah ,but he knew that he was abusing Sakura.Anyway this isnt an episode discussion anymore

@BloodRequiem
yeah I know but there were many magi families in the world that would be REALLY glad to take Sakura.Or hide the fact that she has those powers.
"He had obtained the way to have both his beloved daughters inherit first-class magecraft , unconstrained by their bloodline’s consequence, and carve out their own lives"<-he only cares about them reaching the Tohsaka family's goals.

@Xayoz
You forget that Zouken ordered Shinji to rape her(in the beginning).Since Zouken said it Sakura has no option.You would knew that if you knew how

shinji used to be a good guy so maybe thats why shirou was friends with him
but him going back to his good self at the end of UBW imo is pure bullshit
Apr 28, 2012 6:17 PM

Apr 2009
BloodRequiem said:

perhaps you have forgotten it was zouken who allowed shinji to rape sakura and to refuse is to defy zouken

And you think Zouken would have actually killed her, had she gotten rid of Shinji?
Apr 28, 2012 6:19 PM

Apr 2012
Xayoz said:
BloodRequiem said:

And you think Zouken would have actually killed her, had she gotten rid of Shinji?

what makes you think he wouldnt torment her more?
perhaps even revealing to shirou about her past?
Apr 28, 2012 6:20 PM

Aug 2009
Kill her?no way in hell

Kill Rin Shirou and everything that gives her some peace/hope?Pretty sure

@BloodRequiem
"shinji used to be a good guy "
I dont rememember ever that being mentioned.I probably didnt care enough.
Apr 28, 2012 6:30 PM

Apr 2009
Whether Sakura sucked up everything solely due to her fear of Zouken, whether she could have changed her fate, had she acted differently. Couldn't she have influenced even Zouken to treat her differently?
It's indeed just a hypothesis.

I still can't see how one could claim she had any backbone prior to her psychotic episode tho.
Apr 28, 2012 6:32 PM

Aug 2009
Xayoz said:
Couldn't she have influenced even Zouken to treat her differently?

Best joke ever!!!
Apr 28, 2012 6:34 PM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Xayoz said:

Best joke ever!!!

Oh? How so?
Not saying she could have influenced Zoukens plans for her but if you act like a slave, you will be treated as nothing more.
XayozApr 28, 2012 6:40 PM
Apr 28, 2012 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
No seriously now...You read the VN or just the Wiki?
Apr 28, 2012 6:41 PM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

I would ask you the same question...
Apr 28, 2012 6:43 PM

Sep 2007
Annnddd there we go. Kirei finally made his move. So very eager to see Kiritusugu and Kirei battle it out. And is this a FSN discussion thread, or a F/Z thread? I can never tell.
Apr 28, 2012 6:47 PM

Dec 2011
Am I the only one who felt sorry for Tokiomi?
Apr 28, 2012 6:48 PM

Apr 2012
kaarosu_318 said:

i did too
he really isnt a bad guy
but i still love kirei
Apr 28, 2012 6:53 PM

Feb 2011
Gilgamesh.....such a manipulative person.
Apr 28, 2012 7:00 PM

Nov 2010
ssjokg said:

Different interpretation.
I myself just see Sakura as a normal person/character. It's UNNATURAL if she still had a ton of 'backbone' left after enduring that many of torture and humiliation... Not that she's a backboneless, either, she showed a lot of that in HW... I thought she got a good role in HW and I liked her equally as I liked Rin.

Now, let's just talk about the episode. I don't mind to see some FSN HW memory refreshing, but discussing it in multiple pages of F/Z ep. 17 discussion is a kind of inappropriate, right?

I had little things to say, though... Except that I will be waiting for the upcoming Urobuchi greatness. It's the time, already (Oh, no...After the flashback episode, I guess)
Apr 28, 2012 7:04 PM

Aug 2009
Xayoz said:
ssjokg said:
Xayoz said:

Best joke ever!!!

Oh? How so?
Not saying she could have influenced Zoukens plans for her but if you act like a slave, you will be treated as nothing more.

I have never been raped by a few thousands worms that are actually an 200 old man, or have the only person that ever tried to save me be tortured and die in front of me,so I cant say for sure why she never fought back.>_>
You remember that the only time Zouken stopped being Zouken was
right?

@zeroyuki92
The VN/Wiki was about Sakura influencing Zouken... and yeah I know sorry about that.I hope that the flashback will be at least 2 eps.I dont think they can put both stories in one.
ssjokgApr 28, 2012 7:07 PM
Apr 28, 2012 7:07 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Xayoz said:
ssjokg said:
Xayoz said:

Best joke ever!!!

Oh? How so?

I have never been raped by a few thousands worms that are actually an 200 old man, or have the only person that ever tried to save me be tortured and die in front of me,so I cant say for sure why she never fought back.>_>
You remember that the only time Zouken stopped being Zouken was
right?

@zeroyuki92
Yeah I know sorry about that.I hope that the flashback will be at least 2 eps.I dont think they can put both stories in one.

pretty sure it is just 1 episode
Apr 28, 2012 7:07 PM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:
Annnddd there we go. Kirei finally made his move. So very eager to see Kiritusugu and Kirei battle it out. And is this a FSN discussion thread, or a F/Z thread? I can never tell.

Thread Title: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Actual Discussion: Sakura! Sakura! Sakura!

Sounds like a typical Fate thread to me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Apr 28, 2012 7:08 PM

Aug 2009
Apr 28, 2012 7:11 PM
Nov 2010
I'm loving this show, it seriously starting to get better with each episode now.

KaitoDash said:
Gilgamesh is right. Tokiomi is simply boring and stay boring to the very end.

Basically, yeah. I little disappointed he didn't put up most of a fight, still good episode.
Apr 28, 2012 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
kaarosu_318 said:

I'm curious to read the LN now, because my impression of Tokiomi has changed from the F/sn anime to the F/sn VN to the F/Z anime. I think I would be more sorry for him if I had read the LN first, especially after reading what TheRealBoyd posted.
Apr 28, 2012 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
The only person I feel sorry for is Rin since she really loved him.

No I dont think that your opinion about him would change if you read the LN..but you should read it anyway.
Apr 28, 2012 7:22 PM

Apr 2011
Took Kirei long enough to kill Tokiomi.

Saber with a motorcycle, that is just too good. Now she's even more of a bad-ass.
Apr 28, 2012 7:23 PM

Dec 2011
BloodRequiem said:
kaarosu_318 said:

i did too
he really isnt a bad guy
but i still love kirei

Although, I still don't get why he gave away Sakura like that. Can someone explain to me?
Apr 28, 2012 7:23 PM

Jul 2007
Loved this one. This episode hit nearly all of the bases that I wanted it to hit, so I enjoyed it more than a lot of the novel readers. The only thing that I felt was amiss was the lack of Kotomine crying, as he did in the novel, when he came across his father’s corpse. Other than that, I kind of felt that they were attempting to appeal to lolicons in episode 10, so I was worried about that possibility in this episode. I didn’t get that vibe from 17, at all, so much rejoicing was to be had.

Formatting-wise, I’m glad that they decided to fit the death of Tokiomi into the episode. Originally, I would have preferred that it was ordered in the exact same fashion as it was in the novel, with the scene with Kotomine and his father placed directly after Kayneth shot him, but after it became apparent that this wouldn’t be practical for an episodic format, I really wanted them to just condense all of the Kotomine characterization together, to better contrast his character with that of Kiritsugu from the previous episode. I was ready to groan when the episode got to the final meeting between Kotomine and Tokiomi, at the 18 minute mark, without arriving at the stabbing scene.

It also seemed to be a common consensus that, due to time constraints, they were just going to exposit the scene in which Kirei arrived upon his father’s corpse and obtained his command seals, so I was impressed with how clever they were in adding it in and extremely happy about it, all the same.

BloodRequiem said:

pretty sure it is just 1 episode

I'd be very surprised if turned out to only be one episode long, as the director mentioned that they were planning on expanding Kiritsugu's back-story and placing an especially large amount of emphasis on his characterization. I wouldn't be surprised if they animated Heart of Freaks.

http://www.tsukikan.com/misc/fate-zero-director-aoki-ei-one-on-one-interview.html

--What do you care about the most during this period?

Aoki: Probably Kiritsugu's past. How did Kiritsugu turn out the way he is, in the original novel it was covered separately from the main story, this will need to be presented well in the anime. It will also expand and complete some missing information base on the original novel.
LunarMoonApr 28, 2012 7:28 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Apr 28, 2012 7:26 PM

Oct 2009
ssjokg said:
you mean both Shirley and Natalia in one ep?

All the voices from the preview appear to be from the Island part and get at least up to the end of it.

But the entire flashback is only 24 pages, I don't know if they'd stretch the remaining 10 pages into an entire extra episode so it might be one episode for the whole flashback.

LunarMoon said:

I'd be very surprised if turned out to only be one episode long, as the director mentioned that they were planning on expanding Kiritsugu's back-story and placing an especially large amount of emphasis on his characterization.

http://www.tsukikan.com/misc/fate-zero-director-aoki-ei-one-on-one-interview.html

--What do you care about the most during this period?

Aoki: Probably Kiritsugu's past. How did Kiritsugu turn out the way he is, in the original novel it was covered separately from the main story, this will need to be presented well in the anime. It will also expand and complete some missing information base on the original novel.

I hope this is the case.

I wasn't particularly happy about them stretching Rin's few pages into an entire episode and changing stuff back in episode 10.

But more of Kiritsugu and Natalia's exploits is something I can definitely get on board with.
TopgunUKApr 28, 2012 7:30 PM
Apr 28, 2012 7:29 PM

Apr 2012
kaarosu_318 said:
BloodRequiem said:
kaarosu_318 said:

i did too
he really isnt a bad guy
but i still love kirei

Although, I still don't get why he gave away Sakura like that. Can someone explain to me?

from my previous post on page 4

if sakura isnt protected by a powerful magus family
she could potentially be designated for sealing by the association due to her rare potential

Apr 28, 2012 7:30 PM

Aug 2011
FUCK YOU KOTOMINE KIREI I KNEW YOU WERE BAD FROM THE FUCKING START I TOTALLY CALLED THAT.

Sorry. Anyways, yeah, I never liked Kotomine Kirei. I'm totally on Kiritsugu's side for this one. By the way, when Iri dies I will for sure crey because she's one of my favourite characters. Maiya sucks as usual. Saber was adorable with the motorcycle. Gilgamesh is sexy. Done.
Apr 28, 2012 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
itsvero said:
FUCK YOU KOTOMINE KIREI I KNEW YOU WERE BAD FROM THE FUCKING START I TOTALLY CALLED THAT.

Sorry. Anyways, yeah, I never liked Kotomine Kirei. I'm totally on Kiritsugu's side for this one. By the way, when Iri dies I will for sure crey because she's one of my favourite characters. Maiya sucks as usual. Saber was adorable with the motorcycle. Gilgamesh is sexy. Done.

come on
kirei doesnt deserve that much hatred
if you want to blame
you have to blame kayneth for shooting risei who to some degree kept kirei on the pristine path
and if you blame kayneth you kinda have to blame kiritsugu for crippling him so he had to take drastic measures
BloodRequiemApr 28, 2012 7:39 PM
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.