Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2007 10:45 AM

Mar 2007
Do you have a secret identity as a ninja? Or do you practice any of the martial arts?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 29, 2007 1:06 PM
Aug 2007
some of my thoughts about martial arts :) the thing is if u want to learn smth u get to accept that u have to defend ur self or others and also u have to accept fact that u have to kill somebody in order to save:) someone and in our socity( forgot how it writes) after doing good things bad things start happening to good ppl . even if u defend ur friend ur going to jail xD WELL SHIT happens and stuff i wrote here is about if u pratice martial arts u have to take responsibility for ur actions ofc sometimes even a scrach can kill so if ur praticing or going to do it good or else u can kill a man and stay in da hous for a 10 years and have fun there ...
so if u just start to do dumb shit and act like jackie chan :) hopefully somone will know this
well u ask wtf he wrote ? why? cuz i haev few friends who did soem shit and well.. gg.
and i give u this advice if u dun take it well ur problem if duno who to listen or to read peace.
Aug 29, 2007 3:01 PM

Mar 2007
With great power comes great responsibility they say right. I practice Karate for one year and found it to be really fun and character building. I had to move though and give up the training. Perhaps at some point in my life I will start it again,, but training Karate gave me a great deal of my own self, both physically and mentally.
Aug 29, 2007 4:16 PM

Jun 2007
When I was a kid I practiced Judo for a few years with smaller breaks. I have found it great. I tried karate for about 2 months as well, but I didn't like it too much. If there would be a Judo dojo close by I might go there again, but the closest is at least 70 minutes away from here :S
Aug 30, 2007 3:47 AM

Jun 2007
green belt in Aikido but haven't been doing it for errrm at least 2 years so I'm a bit rusty now but I'm pretty sure i can defend myself if i get attacked... i think...
Aug 30, 2007 6:10 AM

Mar 2007
I really liked the Kata part of Karate, which for those who don't know a series of moves performed in a certain order, alone or in a group. Also I enjoyed sparring (Kumite) but you reached a higher "spiritual" level, so to say, with Kata. If I were attacked I would (1), run like hell, or if not (2) fight with anything/everything I got =),, I can't rely on any Karate moves rusted away to insignificance.
Sep 18, 2007 1:46 PM

Jul 2007
Run like hell should definitely be a priority. If you defuse the situation, or stall for nearby police to come, that's good too.

Everyone talks about rock these days, the problem is they forget about the roll - Keith Richards
Oct 20, 2007 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
I wouldn't use it to fight either; it would be handy for getting yourself out of the situation with relatively little harm, which then you could run like hell. XD; And maybe seeing your ninja moves, they wouldn't want to pursue.

One of my highschool friends' father taught Shotokan-ryu at Baylor University. I got to watch them, but I was too young at the time to participate. They even trained students in weapons mastery, like with a bo. It was very structured, and very similar to serious training. Pretty steeped in ritual, Japanese was the main language, even though it was a bunch of non-Asian college students. XD;

Pretty awesome, I always loved watching. If you want to know more, Wikipedia's article on Shotokan is pretty accurate.
Oct 22, 2007 5:14 AM

Mar 2007
Haha,, way cool that they had to use Japanese as a language as well! And what is up with that forum signature of yours Malyrush! It's so freakin' awesome! =)
Oct 22, 2007 9:29 AM

Oct 2007
Yeah, it was all very surreal to experience, being here in the buttcrack of Texas. XD; There was utmost respect for the sensei and your fellow shotokan-ryu practicioners, it was very very cool. Some of those people were extremely talented too.

Thanks for the compliment! ^o^; I kind of just threw the sig together, there are many here that are way better. n__n;!
Oct 22, 2007 10:32 AM

Mar 2007
Say what u like but it doesn't come any more original than that! =)
Well when I trained karate we ofcourse used the Japanese words for counting repetitions as such but not any more than that.
Oct 28, 2007 11:15 PM

Aug 2007
Wow you guys are really cool. I don't practice any martial arts (no skills, no time, no teacher lol) but which do you think is the coolest?
Oct 29, 2007 4:08 AM

Mar 2007
Sirione said:
Wow you guys are really cool. I don't practice any martial arts (no skills, no time, no teacher lol) but which do you think is the coolest?

Do you mean to say which martial art is the coolest? That one must be hard to answer for me since I don't know so many,, but for me Karate has always stayed close to my heart. Coolness can take many shapes.
Nov 19, 2007 7:26 AM

Jul 2007
yep im a ninja in the working, i do a mix of some martial arts too- mostly tai kwon do =]
Dec 31, 2007 3:48 AM
Oct 2007
My house is divided. My bro loves ninjas and i love samurai's. And i used to do a lot of M.A.'s but i got way too good at it and quit. Actually, i was learning when i was in a more bad atmosphere of life....gang. I ended up learning Jinjitsu, Judo, and Karate...but the reason i was learning was to hurt other people, so i quit. I dont' i know about anything today, tho. I dont' think i could kick a fly. LOL!!!
Jan 2, 2008 1:08 PM

Mar 2007
Well,, flies can be more irritating than people at times,, so how to kick a fly might be a good thing to know ^^
Feb 29, 2008 11:52 PM

Dec 2007
I've been practicing Shorin-ryu Karate for over 8 years, and I agree with Zirgo. Karate teaches discipline and helps you become a better person. Many people see it only as form of self-defense, but over time, one finds that there are many intricate meanings and life lessons. I think that everything taught in Karate can be applied anywhere else (be it school, work, or in the home), and allow you to follow up with success and happiness. Then, at some point, the distinction between both Karate and life attitudes are lost, and it becomes the only way.
...And of course, who can turn down the mass appeal of kicking flies >< :P?

Mar 1, 2008 12:11 PM

Nov 2007
I'm practicing Aikido and learning how to use a Boken and eventually a real Katana. :D

banana
Apr 11, 2008 12:15 AM

May 2007
I did 2 years of TaeKwonDo, im currently practicing Kendo

Apr 17, 2008 12:41 AM

Mar 2008
I have purple belt in Karate but ive switched over
to wushu/kungfu/sanshou [all in the same school]
i like the style better and its more challenging for me

May 25, 2008 8:59 AM

Apr 2008
Actually I dont do any Japaness martial art, I'm into the korean much more actually I do "Hoi Jeon Moo Sool"...
Aug 9, 2009 6:29 AM
Aug 2009
Kyokushin karate is one of my favourites and kata is something interesting
Sep 1, 2009 8:11 AM

Jan 2009
I did kendo for 3 years with a lot o breaks. I broke up my left foot :/ And now my study is so time-consuming and I don't have enough time for it :(
I stopped kendo with 3rd kyu
Mar 24, 2010 3:26 PM

Jun 2009
Well I haven't practiced any japanese martial arts... but I did study Tae Kwan Do, for like 2 years and after that I've never practiced it again. But I might practice jinjutsu this year.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Japanese Culture

Zirgo - Sep 7, 2007

9 by christian_otaku »»
May 4, 2013 3:02 AM

» Presenting Japan to my classmates!

christian_otaku - May 4, 2013

0 by christian_otaku »»
May 4, 2013 2:33 AM

» Japanese Music

Zirgo - Sep 4, 2007

21 by SweetFrailty »»
Feb 5, 2013 7:27 AM

» Japanese food

Zirgo - Aug 29, 2007

38 by AngelHana »»
Dec 9, 2009 5:40 AM

» Wakan: Great Language Resource

wintercarver - Feb 23, 2008

1 by Jin-Sakurai »»
Aug 9, 2009 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.