MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 5 - Blood Prison Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 5 - Blood Prison »» Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 5 - Blood Prison Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 5 - Blood Prison Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

41 37.61%
4 out of 5: Liked it

27 24.77%
3 out of 5: It was OK

23 21.10%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

11 10.09%
1 out of 5: Hated it

7 6.42%
Voters: 109

04-27-12, 12:38 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Has anybody watched the movie yet?

Pretty decent Naruto movie in my opinion. MUCH better than the last one.
The beginning had a nice little hook, though we all knew from the trailer what was going to happen. Naruto gets framed for a crime and goes to prison.

I was half expecting his stay at this "Blood Prison" to be more like a Deadman Wonderland setting, where the whole place is just cruel beyond belief and takes absolute pleasure in watching the prisoners squirm. Turns out I was wrong about that, in fact other than Mui's attempts at taking Naruto to some 'secret lab' kind of place, the prison didn't seem all that terrible. But maybe that's just my opinion.

A little too much unnecessary talking in my opinion. There was some cool fights, but in between those exciting moments was just the characters talking to each other on and on. Sure they had somewhat important stuff to say, but they really could have said all of that in half the time they took.

My favorite part probably has to be the final battle against Muku.
I had a feeling that Mui wasn't going to be the final bad guy...not sure why.
Although Muku's monster form was ugly as f*ck!
A bit of an abrupt ending. They could have ended it a bit better.
But still altogether a decent Naruto movie.

04-27-12, 4:31 PM

mmm.. it was pretty cool I can say ....I feel pitty for Naruto becouse Tsunade and al the team made a fool of him xD :)).. (I was aspecting something like that since i first saw tsunade saying somthing simillar to "your guilty" ...)...so his first Kiss was with Ryuuzetsu , didn't aspect that ....but I didn't mind it .. I kinda liked ryuu :) ...the fighting was pretty good ..and funny when Naruto couldn't land a hit on Mui ...anyway what I knda disliked was that the wounds on their bellies were huge .. when someone is getting that kind of wound he surely DIES! srs .. mmm..what can I say more Naruto Shippuden Movie 5 didn 't let me down :) ...so it was good :) I enjoyed it :>

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)

04-27-12, 6:49 PM

Wow I was really expecting some nine tails action, ah well. The girl (with the circle rinnegan??) should have lived though. I like how they made the scene where naruto and ryuuzetsu get impaled, sorta like when minato and kushina were penetrated by the nine tails. I don't understand why muku did that to his dad at the end, it was so random lol. And I dont like how killer bee brushed off ryuzetsu's death like it was nothing. But overall, good movie.

04-27-12, 7:58 PM

I liked the story, best Naruto movie I've seen.
I loved seeing all the team fight for Naruto. There were some flaws but whatever

04-27-12, 10:47 PM

^I agree. Best naruto ever.

That fight between Naruto and Satori(giant monster) was epic. And I love the ED song.

04-28-12, 3:19 AM

NARUTO MOVIES = naruto, rasengan , rasengan , rasengan , big rasengan or new rasengan , about love/bonds/friendship , boss monsters or not a normal person , new girl added to his harem ... thats all i can remember in all of them

well... this one is a longer good fight... the rasenshuriken making a hole in the heavens is kinda cool though

Modified by deathman619, 04-28-12, 3:28 AM

04-28-12, 4:05 AM

SerenityB3128 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Has anybody watched the movie yet?

The beginning had a nice little hook, though we all knew from the trailer what was going to happen. Naruto gets framed for a crime and goes to prison.

I was half expecting his stay at this "Blood Prison" to be more like a Deadman Wonderland setting, where the whole place is just cruel beyond belief and takes absolute pleasure in watching the prisoners squirm. Turns out I was wrong about that, in fact other than Mui's attempts at taking Naruto to some 'secret lab' kind of place, the prison didn't seem all that terrible. But maybe that's just my opinion.

A little too much unnecessary talking in my opinion. There was some cool fights, but in between those exciting moments was just the characters talking to each other on and on. Sure they had somewhat important stuff to say, but they really could have said all of that in half the time they took.

My favorite part probably has to be the final battle against Muku.
I had a feeling that Mui wasn't going to be the final bad guy...not sure why.
Although Muku's monster form was ugly as f*ck!
A bit of an abrupt ending. They could have ended it a bit better.
But still altogether a decent Naruto movie.
deathman619 said:
NARUTO MOVIES = naruto, rasengan , rasengan , rasengan , big rasengan or new rasengan , about love/bonds/friendship , boss monsters or not a normal person , new girl added to his harem ... thats all i can remember in all of them

well... this one is a longer good fight... the rasenshuriken making a hole in the heavens is kinda cool though

yea well this movie was pretty awesome, i just hope "road to ninja" also will become awesome :P

04-28-12, 6:09 AM

Idk, I watched it and it was okay. Nothing really special but it didn't follow the usual Naruto movie theme. Usually there is one person that he needs to gain their trust but in this one, he didn't really have to try, or at least he gain everyone's respect in the first 20 mins. He didn't do anything we haven't already seen either(pretty color rasengan, sage/nine tail combo) which was a pretty big let down but overall, I enjoyed it.

04-28-12, 6:46 AM

deathman619 said:

Right? They changed one of the rasengan's name. Naruto said Spiral Rasenshuriken, like really?

04-28-12, 7:39 AM

um when does this movie take place? Before or after Naruto saved the village from Pein? Because he was acting all buddy buddy with Killer Bee and he's with Bee AFTER the village was destroyed, yet it looked to me like the village was completely intact.

(plus he kept having images of his dad, which he learns about during the villages destruction...)

loop hole much?

04-28-12, 10:04 AM

It was an okay movie, nice fight and all but the direction was off imo at the end

04-28-12, 11:18 AM

anyone noticed how naruto made a rasengan without any bunshins ? i tought he couldn't do it by himself or did i miss something somewhere ?

04-28-12, 11:22 AM

it was OK.

also i dont understand why the girl jumped infront of naruto like she has a death wish or something?

04-28-12, 11:47 AM

SerenityB3128 said:

I agree with you. I was totally expecting a more cruel prison. It was a slight let down but I definitely still loved the movie.
I loved the new characters; all the new wills he inherited from them and the memories left. I just love watching Naruto grow! :3

04-28-12, 1:21 PM

I like the movie overall.

There many logical mistakes in what happened, but the plot was nice. Also, the performance was better than in the previous movies - the anime looked gloomier and more serious than usual, although it still had a long way to go to reach (using it as an example since it's already mentioned) Deadman Wonderland.

So the logical falacies really got to me and although I really enjoyed the movie I'm giving it 3/5

04-28-12, 2:24 PM

Just watched it.. Awesome sauce as always.. you guys are to harsh..never been let down by a Naruto movie. The OVA 9 is also awesome.
Modified by OtakuKaosu, 04-28-12, 2:32 PM

04-28-12, 2:39 PM

Was good. Better than the 4th one.
The only thing that I wanted to happen that didn't happen are two things.

- Naruto didn't get mad to the others.
-And they didn't show the whole kiss scene properly.

If I were in Naruto's situation, I might not even forgive them.

I guess the visuals this time is the Onidorou...
Pretty cool. (I am being ironic here.)Hahaha.
The characters were written pretty good.
And a weird name for a girl, Ryuuzetsu.

04-28-12, 3:03 PM

A good movie, that it was. Though it seemed a bit fishy that the huge hole in Naruto's chest didn't affect his performance in the least..

I have a secret. A dark, furry secret with big teeth. Less a secret, really – more a bear.

04-28-12, 4:58 PM

Naruto reminds everyone of a missing or dead person they knew...
Modified by penguindrum264, 04-28-12, 5:08 PM

04-28-12, 5:06 PM

I might give this a try after I read a good review.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices