MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 3 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Sakamichi no Apollon »» Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 3 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

224 79.72%
4 out of 5: Liked it

34 12.10%
3 out of 5: It was OK

18 6.41%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 1.07%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.71%
Voters: 281

04-26-12, 9:08 PM

Oh damn, some relationship drama there. I love the bromance between Richie and Sentarou. Poor Ri-chan. So the guy she likes likes another girl, and she thought that Richie liked her too - but the confession at the end was lots of development!

04-26-12, 9:36 PM

The second half completely flipped my expectations. The first half was worrying, in that it was quickly degenerating into your typical and generic love triangle/square, whatever. And then, the confession happened. What a beautifully directed scene that was.

04-26-12, 9:45 PM

Hah knew that "Someday My Prince Will Come" sounded familiar. First heard it in Snow White.

Love the little references to prominent jazz people (Sarah Vaughan I'm looking at you).

04-26-12, 9:45 PM

So....... Ri-chan likes Sentarou?

Sentarou likes Yurika.

And, Richie likes Ri-chan.

Did i get this right?

04-26-12, 10:25 PM

Well played Kaoru!!

..but wtf was that naked scene, I think my eyes are gonna melt if I watch it again *w*

04-26-12, 10:29 PM

Njs_Fluffy said:

Sentarou likes Yurika.

Did i get this right?

In a nutshell pretty much.

I have a feeling Richie will help out Ri-chan to convey her feeling for Sentarou. Since Richie feels that he can't beat the infamous childhood friendship, he'll probably be forever alone.

There's also a possibility that Richie's cousin might like him since previous episodes shes been secretly watching him play the piano, and having him play a song for her. Idk just guessing lol
Modified by Mr_DaftPunk, 04-26-12, 10:32 PM

04-26-12, 11:59 PM

Mr_DaftPunk said:
Njs_Fluffy said:

Sentarou likes Yurika.

Did i get this right?

In a nutshell pretty much.

There's also a possibility that Richie's cousin might like him since previous episodes shes been secretly watching him play the piano, and having him play a song for her. Idk just guessing lol

Then, if Yurika ends up liking Jun and Jun liking Kaoru's cousin we're all set.

I get really sad when I notice that I wasn't the only one surprised by how quickly things progressed. It tells less of this work in particular and more about the state of the industry. We're all so used to romances going very slowly that we're caught off guard when it goes in a pace that isn't that fast at all, if we really think about it.

04-26-12, 11:59 PM

Zhou said:
JoshSalas said:
I'm not sure if it's a translation/cultural discrepancy, but it's not the first time I've noticed this.

Why do anime characters say they 'love' someone when initially confessing their feelings? I'm sure all of us Western folks can agree doing that in real life is probably not the best idea.

"Suki" basically means "like", can be used for liking things, food etc. and liking someone, i.e. the person you love. It's just common to use it, "aisuru" is way stronger than "suki", you won't here that often in anime since most protagonists are teenagers, kids, juveniles or rather young adults. It's not a mistake if translators then use "love", it's used to clarify the meaning behind "suki" since you can still like people without loving them.

Although, in this case, if you listen, when Kaoru says "know there is someone here who loves you" he says "daisuki", which is stronger. It's more like "love", though still not quite on the same level as "aisuru", which is like "I'm IN love with you", and has a deeper meaning. "Daisuki"'s also still not as uncommonly heard as "aisuru", to be sure, but it's still rarer than "suki" and I've been told is avoided often to avoid coming on too strong. (Even when dealing with something simple as saying "I like oranges". xD)

...Ah whoops, sorry to go on like that, aha.
But I feel like it was worth noting in this situation, especially since this show has so many lovely little nuances. Something maybe to think about. ^^;
Maybe he wanted to strengthen his "suki" to be absolutely sure Ritsuko wouldn't misinterpret things again? Or he's just very serious about it. Either way, it seemed very heartfelt.
Ahhh, so cute~ x3

04-27-12, 1:55 AM

The first half was really funny but the second was very emotional. Im very qurious about what will happen next XD!!!!
<!--link--><a href="http://www.squiby.net/level/3239084">

04-27-12, 3:32 AM

I think I am dropping this. I just can't bring myself to give a fuck about their stupid love square.

04-27-12, 4:11 AM

I enjoyed the way Kaoru confessed. Looking forward to next episode.

04-27-12, 4:13 AM

I really like Kaoru the most and feel so sorry for him.

Mr_DaftPunk said:

I have a feeling Richie will help out Ri-chan to convey her feeling for Sentarou. Since Richie feels that he can't beat the infamous childhood friendship, he'll probably be forever alone.

My thoughts exactly. Fucking sad. ;-;

04-27-12, 5:13 AM

I was so relieved when Kaoru confessed at the end. I was seriously in agony over my fear this would turn into one of those melodramatic love triangles/squares. Of course the show can still go there but I have a little hope it will continue to surprise me.
Ara ara.

04-27-12, 5:30 AM

genius new anime of the season! draws me in the way paradise kiss did...it just has that sophisticated romantic real life vibe that is so very rare in anime (which is very sad) - also, the music is truly outstanding - it's so great to hear truly classic jazz pieces in an anime - being a musician and also a retard in romance, i can definitely relate to kaoru - being in love with the beautiful girl who happens to be in love with yr. alpha-male friend instead of you: been there, done that, not fun! great show!!!!

04-27-12, 5:48 AM

That confession was just amazing.

04-27-12, 6:04 AM

I feel sorry for Kaoru, I know how it feels to love someone who loves someone else. But he seems to be approaching it maturely and his confession was mind-blowing. If someone played a piece like that for me I would be in so much shock. The problem I seem to be having with this anime is when the Jazz starts, I want to close my eyes and really enjoy just the music, but at the same time I want to watch the animation, so I end up opening and closing my eyes a lot...

I was hoping they'd leave out the romance for a while because I really wanted to see the bromance bloom between Sentarou and Kaoru first. But I haven't read the manga so I don't really know how it goes in that.

04-27-12, 6:10 AM

Great confession, the show's moving much faster than I expected it to

04-27-12, 6:35 AM

Whoah, that was something. Quite a lot of development for 1 episode, loved it.

I just wonder if my hunch that Yurika wanted to draw Sentaro is right, or they just so had sex. Considering it's 60's i'm betting all on drawing but can never be sure.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

04-27-12, 6:42 AM

What a wonderfull episode with "Bill Evans - The Someday My Prince Will Come" as Icing on the Cake at the end.
Quickly recognized as the final tune on Snow White as well

04-27-12, 7:14 AM

Beautiful as ever.
“See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good.
Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.”
― Hayao Miyazaki

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices