MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Pretty boys, beautiful men.
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Current Events »» Pretty boys, beautiful men.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
View Poll Results: If you could afford it, would you keep a pretty boy as your
I'm male and my answer is yes.

23 11.22%
I'm female and my answer is yes.

34 16.59%
I'm male and my answer is no.

77 37.56%
I'm female and my answer is no.

36 17.56%
(@[]@!!)

35 17.07%
Voters: 205

04-29-12, 3:33 PM

AlanViBritannia said:
I got nothing against homosexuality, so I don't see a problem on that front. I see problem in the total disregard of basic human rights. There is no way that "this boy is gonna be okay with it". It's not that you are born with wishes to be someone's slave. And if boy was brainwashed, it wouldn't be free will anymore.

And now, on more personal level, I don't see why'd I need a slave? Be it boy slave or girl slave. No need at all.

Well, I guess the OP's idea of pet is more of the 'kimi wa petto' (look at the manga, it is great) variety, although I could not tell from their posts.

04-29-12, 3:49 PM

AlanViBritannia said:
I got nothing against homosexuality, so I don't see a problem on that front. I see problem in the total disregard of basic human rights. There is no way that "this boy is gonna be okay with it". It's not that you are born with wishes to be someone's slave. And if boy was brainwashed, it wouldn't be free will anymore.

And now, on more personal level, I don't see why'd I need a slave? Be it boy slave or girl slave. No need at all.

its not that he wants to be my slave. It's just that he willing submits to get something else of value in return. I get a man pet and he gets..whatever, but then I own him. I don't think thats to morally objectionable as long as there was no coersion on my part, or any incredibly unfair societal presure to promote this indentured servitude.

04-30-12, 12:07 AM

Probably.... Not =/...

I Don't See Why Someone Would Desire That O.o ... I Think, A Kitten Will Suffice :P

05-02-12, 5:19 AM

jiinn said:
AlanViBritannia said:

its not that he wants to be my slave. It's just that he willing submits to get something else of value in return. I get a man pet and he gets..whatever, but then I own him. I don't think thats to morally objectionable as long as there was no coersion on my part, or any incredibly unfair societal presure to promote this indentured servitude.

What is the equivalent for freedom? I certainly don't see what kind of "value" would exist, for which I'd exchange my freedom.

And, would you answer my doubt. What would you need it for?

You stated that you wouldn't do anything incredibly unfair to your "slave", so I guess you don't need him for sexual services?

05-02-12, 5:47 AM

They should apply for Miss Universe and pretend that they are girls. I'm sure they'll be best suited and crowned as Miss China/some Asian country. :)

05-02-12, 7:40 AM

AlanViBritannia said:
jiinn said:
AlanViBritannia said:

What is the equivalent for freedom? I certainly don't see what kind of "value" would exist, for which I'd exchange my freedom.

You stated that you wouldn't do anything incredibly unfair to your "slave", so I guess you don't need him for sexual services?

Do you know what a concubine is? Or a slave? Maybe it's because English isn't my first language, but I still don't get how people are thinking about slaves when I specifically and clearly said concubines in my original post. These so-called concubines are fully capable of achieving great power and influence. The most recent case involved a concubine supporting 3 generations of one family through the power of her influence. Now just change the cliche that concubines are always female to possibility of being male, and that is what this topic is about.

05-02-12, 8:04 AM

So the concept of Bishounens/Pretty Boys have existed for thousands of years...

05-02-12, 10:17 AM

Uh? Yeah? I'd rather date then keep locked up as my slave.
And Zero said "Let there be rebellion for the power of the geass is hidden within all of you".

05-02-12, 10:22 AM

Wiki said:
A concubine is generally a woman in an ongoing, marriage-like relationship with a man with whom she cannot be married for a specific reason. It may be because she is of lower social rank than the man (including slave status) or because the man is already married.

I did understand well after all. It's a slave after all. Maybe not the slave as they were back in ancient Egypt (for example), but it's a slave nevertheless. You have "ownership" over someone, it counts them as your slave.

And for third time now, why would you need a concubine? Be it male or female.

05-02-12, 3:56 PM

I was going to say no, then I saw the pictures... I let my inner fangirl get the better of me...

But really, I'd rather not keep ANY type of person in my household. I'd rather just have a friend or something who looks like that... BISHIES!!! I LOVE BISHIES!!! *is shot*

05-02-12, 9:43 PM

Mouhappai said:
AlanViBritannia said:
jiinn said:
AlanViBritannia said:

Do you know what a concubine is? Or a slave? Maybe it's because English isn't my first language, but I still don't get how people are thinking about slaves when I specifically and clearly said concubines in my original post. These so-called concubines are fully capable of achieving great power and influence. The most recent case involved a concubine supporting 3 generations of one family through the power of her influence. Now just change the cliche that concubines are always female to possibility of being male, and that is what this topic is about.

Ok, so to distinguish between a concubine and slave, let’s ask two questions. How does did these guys become concubines? And how hard is it for them to quit their concubine jobs? In other words, what consequences do they face, not the exceptionally powerful ones but the regular joe concubines, for trying to stop being concubines?
Modified by extraspectra, 05-02-12, 9:53 PM

05-02-12, 9:47 PM

AlanViBritannia said:

There are people with BDSM fetishs of being a slave

05-02-12, 10:02 PM

It is having a sex slave. I wouldn't mind having an actual relationship with a pretty boy - but a "concubine" that's just strange and immoral. There is still prostitution and I don't see that as any different from this.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

05-02-12, 10:38 PM

Hmm I thought it's going to be about those male servants the chinese emperors have to announce wherever the emperor is going. Then they have their dick cut off so they can't sleep with any of the emperor's women. But this pretty boys and beautiful men is something I never heard of.

05-02-12, 10:47 PM

AlanViBritannia said:
Dafuq.

05-03-12, 4:08 AM

jiinn said:
Ok, so to distinguish between a concubine and slave, let’s ask two questions. How does did these guys become concubines? And how hard is it for them to quit their concubine jobs? In other words, what consequences do they face, not the exceptionally powerful ones but the regular joe concubines, for trying to stop being concubines?

I have no idea, but that would depend on whether the "husband" would allow a divorce with his "wife" with no conditions attached?

At any rate judging by most of the comments here, it would seem the idea of a male concubine just doesn't sit well in the western sense, lol.

05-03-12, 4:45 AM

jiinn said:

1) Does it matter? It is not the way you are made into slave that counts, it's the fact that you are "owned" by someone else. Being a slave means that you have to be in someone's disposal 24/7.
Girls in harems, in Muslim countries, did "enjoy" some benefits, but they were slaves. They called themselves slaves of the ruler, because it's the ruler who has total ownership of the girls.

2) Is it really without consequences? If a slave "wants to quit", and that is fine with the owner, there's no problem. But is it ever that way? Depending on how influential owner is, slave can have serious consequences because of bailing out. Of course, saying that slaves are ever able to actually get out from their agreement.

05-03-12, 6:08 AM

AlanViBritannia said:
jiinn said:

1) Does it matter? It is not the way you are made into slave that counts, it's the fact that you are "owned" by someone else. Being a slave means that you have to be in someone's disposal 24/7.
Girls in harems, in Muslim countries, did "enjoy" some benefits, but they were slaves. They called themselves slaves of the ruler, because it's the ruler who has total ownership of the girls.

2) Is it really without consequences? If a slave "wants to quit", and that is fine with the owner, there's no problem. But is it ever that way? Depending on how influential owner is, slave can have serious consequences because of bailing out. Of course, saying that slaves are ever able to actually get out from their agreement.

Both of those things matter. I can't do whatever I want at work. Most people feel fairly controlled on the job. But if you decide to take the job and can accept to reasonable hit to your cash flow from leaving then it’s not an evil job and it’s not slavery.

So being a concubine may seem harsh, but if they are not forced to accept the position, and can leave with reasonable consequences then they have decided to become prostitutes of their own free will. The questions not ,“are there consequences for quitting?” It’s, “how serious are the consequences for quitting?”

I know that too may seem wrong, but I have no moral objection to prostitution. I would never go to a prostitute because they have diseases :), but not because of the wrongness of it.

05-03-12, 6:08 AM

I Was To Lazy To Read, But If You're Looking For Handsome Guy, That's Me :>
I'm Too Full Of My Self BTW.

05-03-12, 8:44 AM

i'm a pretty boy :D SWAG

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices