Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Parallel Works Episode 8 Discussion

Nov 22, 2009 1:06 PM

Definitely made up for the previous one. This is my favorite one out of the eight, no question about it. It was awesome!
Jan 31, 2010 7:09 PM

it was actually fun to watch more random stuff.

Jun 27, 2010 5:47 PM

Oohh, that one was awesome, actually x3 My second favourite.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 3, 2010 12:13 PM

chryseis said:

If you look at the beginning where he's sitting on a spiraled rock surrounded by animals, there's also a scorpion (Adiane), a bird (Cytomander), and a gorilla (Thymilph). That armadillo thingy is definitely Guame.^^

wow good eye. I noticed the armadillo thing, which would make sense since he was Genome's oldest companion or w/e, but I didn't notice the others. I like how they show he had roots as a kid to enjoying being around animals (beasts) which is probably the basis for his beast army.

Also, notice the spiral thing he is on as a kid is the same that his throne sits on.

And, I don't think the anti-spirals "convinced him to change sides" as someone mentioned earlier, I think he just went chaotic and attacked his own planet, thinking that was the only way he was going to not lose the war. (by halting the great evolution the spiral power was causing, and therefore getting the anti-spirals off his back)

Cool music video's. This was my favorite, then the first with the castle/knights, then the cowboy Viral one :)
Oct 14, 2010 8:43 PM

This was probably the best one.
Nov 5, 2010 11:39 AM

Enjoyed Viral as the Lone Ranger, Naked Gimmy, and the live action one way more.
May 4, 2011 1:02 AM

I'd consider this ep to basically be the short prequel to Gurren Lagann since it's Genome's story.

Was kinda bittersweet though, seeing him swayed so easily and then murdering his own men and his own fleet..then destroying the world. Actually I take that back, that was rather depressing.
May 27, 2011 7:27 AM

for me this was the best of all 8 episodes, epic prequel to TTGL. Thank you, GAINAX, you always make such great surprises at the end)
Jul 6, 2011 8:30 PM

amazing video using an amazing song with an equally amazing story and character.
God I always loved Lordgenome and his SICK MECHA DESIGN SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THAT THING

God dammit YoungGenome is so sick..

Here's Cathedral Terra, which is the only mecha who's design comes close to the epicness of Chouginga Gurren Laganns.

Here's comparing it with Chouginga if you will...

Here's Genome

freaking amazing character and episode. I love Genome

Oct 31, 2013 10:46 AM

1st episode and this are the best.
Genome is amazing as always.
Nov 13, 2014 4:05 AM

I feel bad for anybody who dropped it after the awful episode seven. Reminds me a lot of kill la kill.
Nov 24, 2014 11:46 AM

LordGenome's background yisss :D Quite depressing, but awesome nonetheless. Great way to end to little binge.
Everything that isn’t necessary to getting what we want is gone. There’s an abundance of it all, thanks to science. Food is everywhere and it overflows and there’s nothing to worry about because we have and we want and we take. We’re, and by we I mean people, we’re everywhere and we spill over into one another and we’re all knit together, physically and mentally. It’s an exquisite landscape of things that don’t ever run out to see and touches and tastes and smells and mating and eating and mindless fighting and eating-mating and fighting-eating and fighting-
May 10, 9:17 AM

This and the third one were unexpectedly good. Too bad the rest was pretty mediocre.
Nov 10, 9:53 PM

Gon, is that you? Jk.

It's cool that we got to see a bit of the prequel before the actual story.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]