Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 2012 1:06 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shoot out was intense although silly at times. Also, I find it funny Jonah was running guns blazing in the open and not get hit once. Usual movie shootout logic.
Apr 24, 2012 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
Can't contain my excitement so 3 things that made this episode amazing!

Kiss on cheek of Jonahs x Koko in the following,

I support the Straight Shota they show. I support this relation and I don't care if Koko can be looked as bad in her love due to age difference but she is so Loco to do it in the middle of the fight that I love her for it. Moreover the following poses in the spoiler
at the very least suggest otherwise in what a relation may develop. 2 proofs of that:

A… The whole family thing in the spoiler
suggests of how Jonah thinks of Koko. For now family like but it may develop more in the future.

B…. The way Koko reacted to Jonah’s feelings in the
was surprising since she seemed more grateful than usual. A good sign.

GRENADE LAUNCHER BOOM! In the following,

Only Terminator 2 the movie had it whom was best in to be used and this episode having it, made it fantastic. In fact it was really well done in the spoiler
the launcher itself with the bullets.

Riot Shield Fighting! KICK ASS! A amazing element to watch. F to the guy for hurting Sofia! Grrrrrrr! Still in the spoiler
it showed at how intense and cautious one must be. Where one exposure can lead to serious damage.

Burst comments, Seeing Koko in a skirt and blushing in the spoiler
as I mentioned last episode paid off quite nicely IMO. The stockings along with her figure go well.

I really appreciated Jonah’s true feeling in the spoiler
those flashbacks told the viewers exactly what bothered him.

I loved how Jonahs got angry at Lehm in the spoiler
not to mention that face of his and Jonah’s anger.

Lehm is so lucky in the spoiler
but guy must have problems with Sofia cause of her bust. He can barely wrap around her to carry her around.

About Inconsistencies, I don’t know WTF is going on but ignoring it would be best. However I have a few:
  • It’s impossible for the Orchestra guy in the spoiler
    to have missed Jonahs! WTF IS THIS?

You want proof? Check the double head shot on the cops in the spoiler
    if that guy can do that then WTF was the reason he was not able to do it on Jonahs. Must be Chinatsu.

• Fucking impossible in the spoiler
    Lehm was right there and he did not shoot them? WTF happened there? Chinatsu turns in time to block his bullets? WTF IS THAT? WTF IS THIS? Makes no sense that something like that would happen. Lehm would have shot them both double head shot!

• WTF Lehm in the spoiler
    WTF? WTF? Makes no sense. He should been able especially with them turning. BANG BANG HEAD SHOTS? Surely that would be easy in the spoiler part.
All in all I can say stupid fucking staff at the studio. Makes no sense why they would do this to drag shit around. Just kill the SOB team to move to other enemies? How hard is to understand viewers would love to see many bad guys to be shot and variations. Don’t drag the shit. I noticed it a lot in animes nowadays.

About fan service, believe or not and it is not be the little stuff of Papakiri as an example. In fact serious ecchi does exist and usually spot on for mature people. I don’t mind it all. In fact it’s ecchi like that who makes the difference between anime that is kiddy or not.

As example the ass of Chinatsu in the spoiler
yeah it sure looks way better than in most girls. Mature, firm. Yes.

Then there is Sofia in the spoiler
how not only her breasts are big and bouncy and all but the mature figure she has does in fact support that she can handle herself despite them. Most girls could not but her muscles make the difference. There are far few girls that have the muscles and attraction Sofia gives out. In this episode she proves it to me. Her figure and tattoo were shown nicely and too bad she is into Yuri. I would go out with her. Although she might snap my neck easily. O_O

About the preview, Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu in the spoiler
I though it was Koko’s team with the heavy machine gun. Well Uh Oh it’s the stupid shit team! Damn! Trouble I feel but action I sense! Looks like Chinatsu goes APE SHIT in the spoiler
I would love to see her die in that state bitch ain’t going to get away from assaulting with her shark teeth master. Wonder what this is about? Guy looks familiar. I also wonder of WTF is up with Koko here. Looks depressing for a scene. OH YES! Koko is going to kill Chinatsu here? That would be nice but I think someone will head shoot her.

I shall leave it at that. No more time. Overall it was great. Romance and action packed on both sides I would guess.

BTW Image Stitches and Pic dumb done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/04/image-stitches-and-pic-dumb-of.html
Loads of stuff. Pick and save. Simple as that.

GIFs are done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/04/gifs-avatars-and-signatures-of.html
Another section cause of load times. Some avatars and signature are available.
Yumekichi11Apr 24, 2012 8:47 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 24, 2012 6:17 PM

Jun 2011
Play music with weapons. Haha.
Koko is optimistic as always.
I wonder if she enjoys the music. =P
Apr 24, 2012 6:25 PM

Dec 2008
Valmet's much hotter in the anime! :D All my love. I mean it's not to say she's not hot in the manga. The amount of muscle tone sometimes drawn on her becomes a lot though.
And that Valmet/Koko moment during their date where she wanted to buy her the watch was adorable. Ohara Sayaka <3 Dat voice!

Chinatsu's voice was rather annoying. Will get used to it. Great character design though. Shootout was well played. I love how well they're following the manga. Can't wait for Valmet's arc!! Will probably be the last few episodes of the season :(

Also, I'm still waiting for the nosebleed
Probably next episode.
Apr 24, 2012 7:06 PM

Jul 2011
Shit combat mechanics, but entertaining.
mdzApr 25, 2012 6:59 PM
Apr 24, 2012 9:02 PM

Dec 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

All in all I can say stupid fucking staff at the studio. Makes no sense why they would do this to drag shit around. Just kill the SOB team to move to other enemies? How hard is to understand viewers would love to see many bad guys to be shot and variations. Don’t drag the shit. I noticed it a lot in animes nowadays.

It has nothing to do with the staff. That's how the manga plays out. If "Teacher"/Shisho were to die during that gun fight a lot of scenes would be cut out. And given that they have been following the manga really well up to now, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. And at the time Lehm was probably more worried about Valmet's injury and Koko escaping, since he knew they would be capable of finding Chinatsu and Shisho eventually.
Apr 24, 2012 9:11 PM

Nov 2011
I like this new girl:

Lol'd @ Jonah this episode.

Date:

Fucking epic gun fight during date.

OMG:

Chinatsu special!

Great action packed episode ^_^
Stark700Apr 25, 2012 2:28 PM
Apr 24, 2012 11:17 PM

Oct 2010
So far the show is pretty damn entertaining. Koko is becoming one of my favorite female characters next to my signature xD
Apr 24, 2012 11:17 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,BAM BAM BAM.

Liked this episode now that people wanted bullets they will have it this episode.

Jonah not knowing math was kinda obvious but still was funny and he was right...its a lot of wheels XD

Koko as always great she is really optimistic that's is what kinda makes you follow her,Valmer "date" with Koko was cute watching Valmer blush was cute....when she got shoot was RAGE!!! at least she is fine.

Koko kiss to Jonah was cute specially the way he blushed....GO STRAIGHT SHOTA!!

Orchestra is not bad the guy is typical assassin and Chinatsu is craaaazy and kinda slutty...love her.

The gunfights were not bad specially liked the grenade launcher still doesnt beat Terminator 2,the Riot Shield fight was pretty good even that the thing i really didnt like is this typical Rambo scene when Jonah run straight to the guy and didnt get hit by shit soooo "real" o.o

Lehm was great this episode he save Jonah and say to him what need to say dont go and waste your life just to kill the enemy is never worth it.

Well seems next episode will be more bullets and probably finish Orchestra and i have a feeling Chinatsu wont die and may join them,would love that they need a crazy slutty bitch in the team :D
Apr 24, 2012 11:21 PM

Dec 2008
sarroush said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Yea its pretty stupid to blame the staff for following a script well rather then pulling some anime original bullshit. Maybe the staff itself was quite confused as to why Jonah didn't get hit or the guys didn't die. Either way if the manga had it the manga had it. White fox is amazing in their adaptions and calling it a stupid fucking staff at the studio is highly insulting to the high quality work that they provide. I'm looking at you steins;gate
Apr 24, 2012 11:22 PM

May 2011
Jonah... that lucky son of a...
Awesome shoot out, this ep was really exciting!
Apr 24, 2012 11:28 PM

Feb 2012
Ok I'm writing this as I watch soooo here we go!
LOVE the music box gun thing. That was awesome. Ding! Bang! AHHH lol Yes, I am fecked up lol
The answer is 42! Not "a lot" great facefault though! Something tells me they saw/read A Hitchhiker's guide to the gallaxy! AWESOME insert!
ROFL it's good that he knows the bathroom trick. I used that soooo many times. Yeah. Thank you sir! ROFL!
O_o Did Jonah know or something? Do we have another show about a psycic kid? ...Or was he just wanting to see her?
Cool fire fight.
Chuu! Cute blush but he's a little young for you Koko!
Wee fun with flashbacks! And yes, Jonah, there IS something wrong with her... but no more than what is wrong with you.
And when every second counts, the police are just minutes away! But they are only good for cannon fodder... and some modern art using their car...
And... OUCH! That hadda hurt. Me, I think I would be screaming and rolling around or something if I was shot in the leg.
YAY calvary!
O_O Yup. something is definately wrong with Jonah. As in he is suicidal! I am amused that neither he nor the orchastra guy was hit lol.
LOL I am reminded of an old western. He's been lassoed, will he be hog-tied next? Yeehaw! Hog tie that varment Liem!
Nice speech! I wonder if Koko is Mama and Liem will be Papa to Jonah? Cute!
Symphony of Farts!? OMG I HAVE to use that line somewhere!!!
-_-() ...And they let the Orchestra go. Of courst they did. BAKAS!
The way that was translated/he said that it seems that Jonah almost thinks there is a tiny demon in every gun that influences people to do stupid things. NOPE! It's the people that are stupid!
And... we have a kinda cliffy. At least it didn't make me scream at the computer lol
And now I will have "Her name is Koko she is loco I said oh no." in my head for at least a day lol.
I just realized something. It's almost two and there is NO WAY I can go to sleep quickly! I'm too keyed up now!
sisgoodApr 24, 2012 11:46 PM
Apr 24, 2012 11:59 PM

Oct 2010
sarroush said:
Yumekichi11 said:

It has nothing to do with the staff. That's how the manga plays out. If "Teacher"/Shisho were to die during that gun fight a lot of scenes would be cut out. And given that they have been following the manga really well up to now, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. And at the time Lehm was probably more worried about Valmet's injury and Koko escaping, since he knew they would be capable of finding Chinatsu and Shisho eventually.
So you are saying Lehm was more being on a cautious defensive stance than aggressive? Hmmmmm, that's strange cause I though he was wise but also opportunist.

I am a little vexed cause I did not think it would drag like that or at least that it was obvious to kill the enemy. I mean last episode it was so much like that. Well don't mind me. You convinced on more of Lehm's thinking there but I still firmly believe Lehm should eliminated instead of being defensive and Sofia was damn well behind him protected.

Suffice to say, next episode better be thee end of them. They caused so much shit already, I think a death is what they deserve those 2. Although Chinatsu seems dragged into all this.

BTW I am still hopping that the staff is going to put more nice scenes not in the manga. Perhaps even more bad guys. It would play out better TBH.
tysonultima said:
sarroush said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Yea its pretty stupid to blame the staff for following a script well rather then pulling some anime original bullshit. Maybe the staff itself was quite confused as to why Jonah didn't get hit or the guys didn't die. Either way if the manga had it the manga had it. White fox is amazing in their adaptions and calling it a stupid fucking staff at the studio is highly insulting to the high quality work that they provide. I'm looking at you steins;gate
I was not aiming at the Studio but people that were in charge of this episode. The Studio itself is Genius. It's some people at some times screw up there and I have perfect rights to be angry at them sometimes.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 25, 2012 12:03 AM

Dec 2011
i understand Yumekichi what your saying about Jonah not getting hit in that gunfight, but i take it as a small price to pay for the fact that an animation studio is following the manga for ONCE!

After seeing time and again animation studios twisting or deleting material found in the original manga, (heres looking at you Zetman!) i am glad they are following the "script".
Apr 25, 2012 12:13 AM

Sep 2007
Koko so loco. And dat Valmet. Needs more of her.
Apr 25, 2012 12:22 AM
Nov 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

BTW I am still hopping that the staff is going to put more nice scenes not in the manga. Perhaps even more bad guys. It would play out better

No. Please, anything but this.

Why would he hit Jonah in that situation again? He's using full auto around a riot shield with one hand while getting shot at. There was no guarantee he'd hit. It was certainly probable, but so are a lot of things. This is not even close to some of the ridiculous things I've seen in anime.

As always, all the characters are great. Even the antagonists are fantastic. Not of the opinion that Chinatsu should die; they're both assassins, willing them to die for doing their jobs doesn't make sense.
Apr 25, 2012 12:53 AM

Jan 2011
another great episode was over before i knew it lol would these count as our first real antagonists? seem like a crazy duo, and the shootout was pretty good if you throw in all that Movielogic.
Apr 25, 2012 12:54 AM

Jan 2011
LeopardTheGreat said:
Yumekichi11 said:

BTW I am still hopping that the staff is going to put more nice scenes not in the manga. Perhaps even more bad guys. It would play out better

No. Please, anything but this.

Why would he hit Jonah in that situation again? He's using full auto around a riot shield with one hand while getting shot at. There was no guarantee he'd hit. It was certainly probable, but so are a lot of things. This is not even close to some of the ridiculous things I've seen in anime.
Just remember Storm Troopers all i'm gonna say.
Apr 25, 2012 1:15 AM

Jul 2010
35*11=about 300
22*3=a lot
Apr 25, 2012 1:43 AM

Jan 2009

I felt strange at the scene that Jona attacked shooting at the risk of his life, the guy shot at him with submachinegun, but no bullets hit him.
I think they failed to depict on this point.

On the other hand, that date part of Valmet and Koko was nice to see.
Seems Koko is cordial with Valmet who is an only woman of her guards.
Apr 25, 2012 2:18 AM

May 2011
BANG BANG BANG!

OH YEAH, I just loved the sound of weapons in this episode.
Apr 25, 2012 2:38 AM

Oct 2008
Much better than previous episodes. I hope these 2 become recurring characters.
Apr 25, 2012 2:49 AM
Jan 2009
So... It's perfectly normal that the guy didn't hit Jonah? :o
Apr 25, 2012 2:51 AM
Jun 2008
Chinatsu is a real hit-man professional,more better than her master(the shark teeth guy). I wonder does it have anything to do with not wearing pants.
I remember the Anime Saki, there is a girl have supernatural power in playing majong when not wearing any pants...
And also the Anime Nazokanojo ...

I like this week's Lehm lecture during the battlefield .He is so kool >.< .

The only part that look awkward is the part where the orchestra throw their weapon and run away ,showing their back to their enemy. I wonder why Lehm didn't shoot them when he got the perfect chance.. The orchestra should have throw at least a flash grenade or something .
Apr 25, 2012 3:28 AM

Jun 2011
Great episode as expected, though I didn't like this quite as much as the first two. The latter half of the episode wasn't as good as the first half.
The action was intense and nicely done as always, but there were a few stupid details, such as Lehm not shooting when he had the chance, that ate the 'realistic' feeling quite a bit in the shootout.
But in the other hand, the arc wouldn't be able to continue if the assassins died there, so I guess I'll let it slip this time ^^

Either way, Jormungand still seems like the best anime of this season, on par with Fate/Zero! :)

I can't put it into words how much I love the trio Koko-Valmet-Jonah xD There's just too much awesomeness in each of their characters :D
Apr 25, 2012 5:00 AM
Jun 2008
so now koko & crew vs orchestra assassins yea indeed lots boom bang shooting hey who knew it can also make music as well or farts?

oh jonah no good in numbers also valmet trying get koko love.

yea expect more in next ep.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Apr 25, 2012 5:11 AM

Jun 2010
Valmet so hot.
Apr 25, 2012 5:18 AM
Sep 2011
Erghhh a cliffhanger... I'm annoyed but excited at the same time. Also, I find it pretty cute that Chinatsu finds Jonah cute.
Apr 25, 2012 5:41 AM

Jan 2012
Another epic episode. Can't go without the shooting, explosions and nice shiny weapons. That no-pantsu girl is crazy like hell! She even get excited over the standing up car after she blew it up with her cannon. But Jonah always comes to the rescue to save the day, although this time the rest of the epicness is left for next week :(

Apr 25, 2012 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
Did Valmet get a boobs upgrade? Or were they so big all the time but i never noticed due to lack of awesome clothing like this weeks's? She sure is hot neverthless.
Anyway, slightly less enjoyable than usual, but still a great episode. I like that they're trying to make Jonah more human, would be great to see him changing in a longer run.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 25, 2012 7:05 AM

Nov 2011
Aside from more Valmet x Koko, nicely done gunfights! Shark-teeth guy manages to kill an almost hidden sniper to his side. Damn trained.
Apr 25, 2012 7:27 AM

Feb 2009
That jonah brat annoys the hell out of me!
Apr 25, 2012 7:36 AM
Apr 2010
one more episode like this and i will drop this anime and go re-read the manga, again.
Apr 25, 2012 7:39 AM

Jan 2011
That was awesome, but damn I hate cliffhangers so much.
Gunfight was pretty good, grenade launcher was awesome.
Next episode some awesome car battles which I'm really looking forward to.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 25, 2012 7:40 AM
Feb 2011
Chinatsu <3
hope she doesn't die
Apr 25, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode
Love Jonah doing math, epic
Apr 25, 2012 8:39 AM

Apr 2009
Wow that was a surprise, the guys in Koko's team have a screw or two loose but all of them are brilliant. That's probably something of an advantage for the entire team.

Another bunch of ax crazy characters and Chinatsu (I hope she had her panty on this time, LOL) likes Jonah because he's cute and they don't waste a cute kid. Is Jonah really that cute anyway? XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 25, 2012 8:45 AM

Feb 2012
OrochiPL said:
Did Valmet get a boobs upgrade?

Seems so!

g-rabe said:
i understand Yumekichi what your saying about Jonah not getting hit in that gunfight, but i take it as a small price to pay for the fact that an animation studio is following the manga for ONCE!

I don't understand this mentality. You openly admit that the manga is imperfect in this case, but praise the anime for following this imperfection. Or, at least, you openly admit that the anime, in the course of following the manga to the letter, created an imperfection itself -- after all, Jonah staring down an AK-47 without being hit would seem less realistic when animated than in still images. So why would you praise an adaptation for not actually adapting the source material to its own medium?

Why are you manga readers so close-minded? ~_~
Apr 25, 2012 9:04 AM

Dec 2008
Because regardless of the flaws and imperfections in the manga, the fact that the anime is following it to a tee is something praise worthy and good.

Most anime tend to stray from their manga counterparts. So far this has not been the case for Jor which is a good thing.

So I disagree with you YumeKichi. The manga has plenty of action and "bad" guys. No need to add more.
sarroushApr 25, 2012 9:07 AM
Apr 25, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2010
kusushi said:
35*11=about 300
22*3=a lot

That was some great math from Jonah xD
Apr 25, 2012 10:37 AM

Apr 2011
Fuccccccccccccccck!! Episode 4 looks like it going to be crazy!! Can't wait!!!
Apr 25, 2012 11:39 AM
Oct 2011
It just hit me this episode, but I would absolutely love to see Koko and Co. take a vacation to Roanapur and meet up with the Lagoon Company.
Apr 25, 2012 11:58 AM

Dec 2010
Judging from the preview, it looks like the guy will die and the girl will join Koko.
Apr 25, 2012 1:04 PM

Jan 2008
Oh dang, Chinatsu... nopan.
Apr 25, 2012 1:07 PM

Apr 2011
Is it just me or do these characters almost look exactly the same?
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Apr 25, 2012 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
Well they are from the same show... /sarcasm

Yea, I mistook her for that girl as well when I saw her. She resembles Moeka (Steins;Gate) a lot to me, as in Chinatsu. Probably their face expression.
Apr 25, 2012 1:16 PM

Dec 2011
The Spring Anime are so good!

Lol at Jonah.

35 x 11 = about 300.
3 airplanes x 14 wheels = a lot.

Hahahaha. Never been so entertained like this in a while.
Love those Yuri moments between Koko and Valmet.

And that kiss on the cheek. Jonah you lucky bastard~

This is getting better and better! Cannot wait for more!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2012 1:22 PM

Oct 2011
And no one saw how highly trained is Orchestra?

they can even fire machine-gun with ammo placed in the wrong way but well projectile or primer... what's the difference XD
just to add to previously mentioned inconsistencies

but show was fun to watch - yes it's silly but entertaining in this way
at least Koko was bearable this time
and "school" part was nice
Dalek-bakaApr 25, 2012 1:32 PM
Apr 25, 2012 1:30 PM

Feb 2010
"THANK YOU SIR"... I lol'd
Apr 25, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Music was seriously giving me a Cowboy bebop vibe. Awesome episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2012

92 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2012

164 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

93 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:15 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

227 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.