Forum Settings
Forums

Madoka Magica Gets Its Own Specialized Magazine

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 23, 2012 6:15 PM

Aug 2009
MONTHLY? I understand for something like a special one time thing magazine, but there's no way this can go monthly for very long. At least I sure hope that this isn't leeway into having an ass ton of Madoka spinoffs.
Apr 23, 2012 6:22 PM

Aug 2007
Sounds good and interesting.
Apr 23, 2012 6:32 PM

Nov 2008
I did want Madoka to become a full-on media franchise, but I don't begin to care about all the merchandise. I wish they did some stuff to expand the universe instead. Even if it was just a drama cd or a mediocre spin-off manga, if it was new material, I'd be somewhat happy about it.
Apr 23, 2012 6:34 PM

Nov 2011
Not a very good investment. I think having their own area in another magazine would be better.
Apr 23, 2012 6:35 PM

May 2008
I love Madoka, really. I consider it one of my favourite anime and I've given it a 10.

...But a whole magazine? Really? I don't see what the need is, plus it might not last long... It'll be cool to read the articles but it feels a little excessive.
Apr 23, 2012 6:38 PM

Sep 2010
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
I did want Madoka to become a full-on media franchise, but I don't begin to care about all the merchandise. I wish they did some stuff to expand the universe instead. Even if it was just a drama cd or a mediocre spin-off manga, if it was new material, I'd be somewhat happy about it.

Actually there is the PSP game now, unfortunately it's in Japanese only.

Also there is the manga Puella Magi Oriko Magica and Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, in case you haven't tried yet.

There are drama CDs also bundled with the original BDs.
Apr 23, 2012 6:38 PM

Apr 2012
I don't like all the attention Madoka is getting.

The score on MAL has already dropped by .2 (used to be 8.75, now 8.73)

It's definetley (lol it won't show up correctly on spell check) giving some people reasons to lower the scores on the series. Not good reasons, but still.
Apr 23, 2012 7:38 PM

Nov 2008
seriously is this crap that popular let it go for go sake
Apr 23, 2012 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
Little-Wonders said:
I don't like all the attention Madoka is getting.

The score on MAL has already dropped by .2 (used to be 8.75, now 8.73)

It's definetley (lol it won't show up correctly on spell check) giving some people reasons to lower the scores on the series. Not good reasons, but still.

8.75 - 8.73 = 0.02

I love Madoka Magica. It still remains the best anime I have ever watched. But I'm still wondering whether they are maybe pushing it too much. As long as there is demand for it, I'm all for it. But maybe too much oversaturation may have the opposite effect. Still can't wait for the movies though. Have been in Homura withdrawal.

The other problem is that to be truely established as a series, it can't be a one trick pony. The anime was brilliant, but in order to cement this series, the movies also have to be brilliant. However, I don't think the later will be much of an issues (this is Urobuchi Gen doing the script again).

Mr_Gutts said:

Naruto, One Piece and Bleach on favourites... Hmm... I don't even need to comment further. It speaks for itself.
OmniknightApr 23, 2012 8:29 PM
Apr 23, 2012 8:56 PM

Mar 2010
SWAAAG~♥

Apr 23, 2012 8:58 PM

Jul 2010
pass, i seriously don't know what's so great about this series.

Apr 23, 2012 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
Ok,I loved the show, am excited for the movies, but just running Madoka articles? How much is there to write about it? Are they gonna feature (le gasp) fan fiction? I think it might be a tadbetter if they ran mahou shoujo articles on a whole to appeal to a wider audience...(just in my opinion)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2012 10:52 PM

Nov 2010
Failures said:
The show was good, but not THAT good...

Yeah, I just reached that point too.
Apr 24, 2012 12:20 AM
Aug 2010
Angel_Beats said:
pass, i seriously don't know what's so great about this series.

Yeah, I totally agree as well.....maybe it's because of "cute" characters? No way their proportions are so off....
Because of deaths in a Mahou Shoujo? What, you haven't seen a character die before?.....
It's because it took the audience by surprise? You must have never seen Steins; Gate before then....
Apr 24, 2012 12:44 AM

Sep 2010
Oh, wow. Kinda exaggerated if you ask me.
Apr 24, 2012 1:12 AM

Jun 2009
Retarded
Apr 24, 2012 1:18 AM

Jan 2008
Seems rather pointless to me. I'm all for more Madoka merchandise, but a significant amount of goods released so far have been redundant, unnecessary and not particularly nice.

In short, more quality, less quantity. This is getting silly.
Apr 24, 2012 1:19 AM

Mar 2009
Wonder how long it'll last.
Apr 24, 2012 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
jmal said:
Oh look, another thread where people with no grasp of how business works rage about milking. How novel!

^This

Learn econ people, its supply and demand.
Apr 24, 2012 1:38 AM
Nov 2011
The show was good. But i've also heard that they are making Madoka Magica underwear, seriously...
I agree, it gets out of hand...

1 series, 3 movies, underwear, magazine, browser-based game... what's next?
Apr 24, 2012 2:04 AM

Jan 2010
Keep milking that cash cow, I guess?
Apr 24, 2012 2:05 AM

Jan 2012
It is interesting... how much I don't really care.

But like just about everyone here, I'm still gonna watch those movies when they become available.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2012 8:00 AM

Jul 2010
Sanguis said:
I doubt it'll run for very long. Yeah, Madoka is a popular brand, but its popularity won't last forever.

tell that to evangelion.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 24, 2012 8:10 AM

Jan 2010
Am I the only one who likes this news.....
Apr 24, 2012 9:24 AM

Aug 2011
Omniknight said:
Mr_Gutts said:

Naruto, One Piece and Bleach on favourites... Hmm... I don't even need to comment further. It speaks for itself.

For someone who hasn't even watched any of those animes you're pretty quick to judge people who like them.
Apr 24, 2012 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
It's... nice!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 24, 2012 10:22 AM

Oct 2011
wow
thay are committing atrocity to earn more money on series that sells
unforgivable!
no decent company does things like this - they should be ashamed of this!
Apr 24, 2012 12:27 PM
Sep 2011
Watupfoo said:

Dalek-baka said:
wow
thay are committing atrocity to earn more money on series that sells
unforgivable!
no decent company does things like this - they should be ashamed of this!

Your point doesn't make a tad bit of sense, if a series sells, then why not make game adaptions and other projects out of it? that just makes the fans happy, and they'll keep making them whether you or the haters here like it or not.

I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm.
Apr 24, 2012 2:26 PM

Jan 2008
Totentanz said:
I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm.

Looks like sarcasm to me.

Even so, I think they're going a little too far with some of their stuff. Of course Madoka's going to have it's haters though, everything popular does. Considering it's mentioned in this thread a lot, look at Evangelion. It has a LOT of haters and a considerable amount of people who believe it's the best thing ever, plus a whole lot of others in between.

Then again, me thinking this is going a little too far is a bit hypocritical of me since I own a couple of the official MLP magazines which are the same deal. Hell, it's worse since those things are aimed solely at little children and don't really contain much other than overused vectors and simple puzzles.

Obviously there's enough of a fanbase out there to warrant the start up of such a magazine, plus there's plenty of potential material to expand upon in the Madoka universe and the idea of new official artwork and the like sounds decent. I may even pick something up if I get the chance. I can understand why they're doing it now considering the upcoming movies but I do wonder how effective this product will be.

If they keep it to a few volumes leading up to the movies and expanding on some of the possibilities and ideas already put forward in the show, I reckon it could work, but they could quite easily mess up and create something not worth the money or keep it going for far too long.

Even so, I reckon the franchise is still going rather strong. It's broken records and made a name for itself both in the industry and amongst various communities for multiple reasons, both positive and negative. As a stand alone series, it'll likely go down in history no matter what people think of it, it's already achieved that much. However, future projects could well damage it's reputation as a franchise (look at Endless Eight, for example) and have negative effects on the attention and expectations for following projects.

And no, I don't quite know why I'm talking this much about all this in this thread.

tl;dr: Madoka is poplar, some hate it, some love it, it's made history and has already achieved recognition, but this magazine may be going a little too far unless it's handled properly.
Apr 24, 2012 3:39 PM

Oct 2011
Watupfoo said:
If that was really sarcasm then i feel like a big idiot right now lol, you know with all the complaints and stuff i thought was being serious :/

it was... but there is no reason to feel weird
as I also don't understand that hate here and a lot of this goes around Madoka
if they want to make some good money by producing some good quality stuff than I'm fine with it, I won't buy it but someone will
they will make some $$ so they can put it back into some new series and everybody wins - a lot of people don't seem to understand this

but than I greatly enjoy Precure franchise, which is dedicated to selling toys to young girls while offering good time to rest of us :)
Dalek-bakaApr 24, 2012 3:43 PM
Apr 24, 2012 3:48 PM

Jan 2008
Dalek-baka said:
but than I greatly enjoy Precure franchise, which is dedicated to selling toys to young girls while offering good time to rest of us :)

Wait. Precure is for selling toys to young girls? Well I've chosen the wrong path on life...

Either that or the final few episodes of Heartcatch were the manliest thing aimed at young girls in history.
Apr 24, 2012 4:58 PM

Oct 2011
Watupfoo said:
I see where you're coming from, and i apologize if i seemed like a jerk.

you didn't - it's nice to hear some voice of reason here :)

Seasonreaper said:
Wait. Precure is for selling toys to young girls? Well I've chosen the wrong path on life...
Either that or the final few episodes of Heartcatch were the manliest thing aimed at young girls in history.

yes to both: selling toys and being quite manly - kind of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann with flowers, hearts and pink overload (and some people really compare those two - bit too much but I can see from where it's coming).
here is some stuff you can buy
still, they put it in a very good show, with nice plot and great animation (those transformations XD) - so I can't complain here. Also making it suited both for otaku and their kids is a good thing. They get money, I get fun :)

BTW bit of problem of Madoka is that it can't do the same - like I would have doubts to let my kid watch it... so they have to be creative in order to gain - plus I hope they won't go into Madoka-cakes again ;)
Dalek-bakaApr 24, 2012 5:03 PM
Apr 24, 2012 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
Meh, I've seen things milked much more than this. I can't blame them for what they're doing though. It's extra publicity while offering the devoted (in this case, truly devoted) fanbase something to keep them occupied. Supply and demand.

Also, anyone else think a Final Fantasy XIII-2 style RPG based on this show would be amazing?
Apr 24, 2012 8:28 PM

Sep 2011
Ok, Japan thats enough. Just hurry up with Nekomonogatari, the third Eva movie, and Sword Art Online. You can forget about Madoka for now.
"Let me be not so vain to think that I am the sole author of my victories and a victim of my defeats" - Zefrank1

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he is a little bit of an asshole, and no one invites them to their pool parties." - Zefrank1
Apr 25, 2012 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
jmal said:
kezthepieman said:
Nekomonogatari, the third Eva movie

...Haha, wow. I really hope other people can see the hilarity in this too.

(I'm really hoping you meant that entirely ironically, but in that case SAO wouldn't fit into the joke.)

I think it was supposed to be ironically, but SAO doesn't fit. If it was something like the Nanoha A's movie or a second K-ON! movie it would fit into the joke, but I can't quite tell if he's being serious or not.
May 2, 2012 1:21 AM
Dec 2011
Awesome. Just waiting for the trilogy series. Madoka ROCKS! =P

May 2, 2012 4:17 AM

Dec 2010
I always felt that Madoka's religion needed more coverage. all_my_money.jpg
I really don't get why too much of a good thing is bad. Did you guys even read the spin offs? They developed further parts of the story that an 12 episode anime was not.
They revealed in canon what Kyouko is like on off days, which was never seen in the anime in the Oriko Magica story.
The Drama CD also showed Kyouko and Mami's past, which was never revealed that they even had a connection to each other in the anime. They also further expanded on Kyouko's abilities and backstory.
May 14, 2012 4:50 PM

Dec 2008
I'm surprised people are still butthurt about Madoka's success. That's so 2011. o.O
Aug 27, 2012 3:51 PM

Feb 2011
The show wasn't that amazing. The ending in episode 12 seemed fine. I was hoping it would just stop there to be honest.
Sep 5, 2012 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
They just need to fill it with pictures of Homura and it would be a success (at least for me!).
Sep 6, 2012 12:33 AM

Nov 2011
I foresee spin-offs in the near future.
Sep 6, 2012 3:24 AM
Jan 2012
I know I'm not the only one who has said this. But honestly, my opinion on this series is that it is a good show. Had a good plot, great music and visuals. But seriously? You can't deny that it is very overrated.
Sep 13, 2012 2:00 PM

Nov 2010
I did love Madoka but I'm surprised they've started a magazine for it. I know they need to advertise but a magazine devoted to just that? You're basically buying an advert rather than a magazine.
Sep 25, 2012 6:45 PM
Sep 2012
I exploded out of happiness~!
Also, did you guys know the movies is going to air in 8 international countries?
Oct 21, 2012 11:10 PM
May 2012
grandy_UiD said:
Retarded

Just like you.
Dec 12, 2012 9:54 PM

Jun 2011
They should really stop with all the Madoka crap, they already have three movies, a video game, tons of merchandise, and now a magazine.
Dec 12, 2012 10:00 PM

Sep 2012
Rayla said:
They should really stop with all the Madoka crap, they already have three movies, a video game, tons of merchandise, and now a magazine.
Not enough Madoka still.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 12, 2012 10:02 PM
Oct 2010
Rayla said:

They are in the business of making money and fans are buying the merchandise, so both sides are getting what they want. Why are you guys so bitter over this? I love the show but the only thing I'd remotely get is the series/movies on BD. If people want more and they are delivering I see no harm.
Dec 13, 2012 1:44 AM

Nov 2007
Yes, don't be bitter on PMMM's popularity. I firmly believe that the series is getting the popularity, sales and adaptation that it deserve that most anime fail to reach.

Move on with life, buy that MADOKAMI figure today LMAO
Dec 13, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
Just another day in both Japan and the world of business. Nothing too special to see here.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
1 hour ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.