Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Aug 24, 2013 6:52 PM
Jul 2013
To me NOT that bad at all, but NOT so GOOD either.
Aug 26, 2013 3:31 AM

Dec 2010
RapiD said it well.

Some lazy writing to say the least. Elements that could have been great but in the end the anime was just eh.
Aug 27, 2013 11:09 PM

Apr 2013
I have watch the first episode a little time ago, but can't say i like it.
Should i watch the 2?
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 27, 2013 11:16 PM

Sep 2012
Mirati said:
Should i watch the 2?
If you don't like it, then no.

Obviously.
Aug 28, 2013 12:15 AM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:
Mirati said:
Should i watch the 2?

Obviously.

Oh you dont say! Big help! thnx alot! rolf
You know there alot good anime who the first episode doesn't show how good they are, so that post of yours it's completely useless.

Obviously.
The Heart
All right reserved

Aug 28, 2013 12:19 AM

Sep 2012
Mirati said:
Red_Keys said:
Mirati said:
Should i watch the 2?

Obviously.

You know there alot good anime who the first episode doesn't show how good they are, so that post of yours it's completely useless.

Obviously.
Well, since you can't decide for yourself, go to Guilty Crown's page.

There, you will find it's rating, which is a quantitative census of the entire community's collective opinion on the show. There you go.

Perhaps that will help you judge if it is a good idea to watch the second episode, because the same people you are asking here on this thread are the people who have already voted on the score (i.e., those who completed it). At least with the rating, you are getting an unbiased answer as to the community's opinion.
Aug 28, 2013 12:23 AM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:
Mirati said:
Red_Keys said:
Mirati said:
Should i watch the 2?

Obviously.

Obviously.
Well, since you can't decide for yourself, go to Guilty Crown's page.

There, you will find it's rating, which is a quantitative census of the entire community's collective opinion on the show. There you go.

Perhaps that will help you judge if it is a good idea to watch the second episode, because the same people you are asking here on this thread are the people who have already voted on the score (i.e., those who completed it). At least with the rating, you are getting an unbiased answer as to the community's opinion.

hhahahahahah!
Relax and get some rest dude.
The Heart
All right reserved

Feb 3, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
Guilty Crown's male protagonist pissed me off to the point where I wanted to sock him one. This kid is on another level of spineless, indecisive, pussy MC's. The worst part is that he realizes it and STILL does nothing. That shows you how ball-less he is.
Feb 3, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
Guilty Crown's male protagonist pissed me off to the point where I wanted to sock him one. This kid is on another level of spineless, indecisive, pussy MC's. The worst part is that he realizes it and STILL does nothing. That shows you how ball-less he is.
Feb 4, 2014 8:58 AM

Nov 2010
Needs moar Tsugumi.
Feb 8, 2014 4:43 AM

May 2013
Guilty Crown destroyed most of my expectations with its first episode. That was one of the worst episodes of any anime I've ever seen, and made it difficult to take seriously. The rest of the show was so incoherent, so unfocused, that it was hard to care. None of the characters were likeable, none, aside from Shu, got any form of proper character development, the plot was incomprehensible, and overall it was an extremely mediocre show, if not worse.

Which is a shame. Guilt Crown had its occasional moments of cleverness, but unfortunately they were few and far between. It was an ambitious show that had a lot of interesting themes that it wanted to explore. It's unfortunate the execution was as disappointing as it was.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 8, 2014 4:51 AM

Dec 2013
i think guilty crown was the best the first episode drew me in right away with cool fight scenes and awesome sound track just wish it kept going past episode 14 which after that could of been much better... he was an OP character i wanted to see more

having an updated anime list makes life easier for everyone
Feb 11, 2014 11:32 PM
Feb 12, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
Ourka said:
Guilty Crown isn't that bad, but I think people are just disappointed. It has AMAZING OST, Art style, and concept. This created expectations that was unreasonably high and when it could not deliver, people were just sour.
Personally, Bios is one of my all time favorite osts.
Overall its a decent show.
Amazing OST, art style and concept +1. Also a shoutout to Inori's character design.

Really, the ending is pretty intense and even epic to a degree. paired up with good visuals and amazing music, I'd say Guilty Crown has a strong beginning and strong ending, with the middle's quality ranging from skipable to likable.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Sep 3, 2014 5:21 PM

Aug 2014
i love guilty crown its one of my favourite now, the only bad thing to me is because inori is dead (damn that creator)
Sep 25, 2014 9:38 PM

Jul 2013
End reaction
Sep 25, 2014 9:56 PM

May 2014
Guilty crown is an anime that is worth watching. Its a lot better than a lot of stuff out there. The reason it gets so much hate, is yes because its not really amazing, but also because it didn't live up to its true potential. The animation was great, soundtrack and music were amazing, and character design was great. It had the potential to rival code geass. However, the plot brang it down. But you should really watch. It literally has what can be argued as the saddest death in anime ever (you'll know when you get to it) and provides some epic moments and entertainment.
Oct 7, 2014 7:19 AM

Feb 2009
JizzyHitler said:
i do agree while this is a peice of shit there is so much worse out there, like these 3 just destroy GC in horribleness

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10491/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_Kira
http://myanimelist.net/anime/147/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien
http://myanimelist.net/anime/788/Eiken

and so on, guilty crown is awful but there is sadly so much worse

??? are you seriously making comparisons of anime that are completely different genres?

also how is GC better than kimi ga nozomu eien
[/url]
Apr 3, 2015 6:53 PM

Nov 2013
GUILTY CROWN > SAO but overall GUILTY CROWN = SAO

they're both crap.

guilty crown's story was all-over the place, scattered,poor execution, cardboard characters but at the end it gave me a good laugh.

sao's story was crumpled and was thrown into a garbage can. they have characters but because they lacked back-stories they also became walking cardboards.

and GC and SAO's second part were so horrible. It was unbearable.
DenzRuiApr 3, 2015 7:05 PM
Apr 4, 2015 12:06 PM

Jun 2012
It really isn't, but the default position for anyone remotely familiar with it is to approach it with your mind already made up as to its quality, because that's the cool thing to do. The self-appointed elite connoiseurs of anime will always find something to hate one and dominate early conversation so that their ire becomes the narrative.

"Hey, Guilty Crown is shit, anyone that likes it has shit taste in anime."

That sorta thing.

Personally, I find that both curious and amusing. Guilty Crown is a shōnen anime. It's rather typically embrassed many of the tropes associated with its genre. Why? Because it knows what it is, it knows who it caters to, and it knows how to do that very well.

Anyone that expects masterfully crafted, compelling plots filled with nuance from the shōnen genre is simply ignorant or deluded. There are the odd exceptions, as there are with any rules, but as far as Guilty Crown is concerned, it wasn't an exception, and I was perfectly fine with that. I enjoyed the fun action romp that it was. The animation was visually pleasing, the OST was a cut above most, the plot was coherent and the character were interesting. In respect of all that, Guilty Crown delivered more than most anime.
Apr 4, 2015 11:17 PM

Jun 2013
Physiicx said:
No I completely agree with you Solkiskey. The show is full of cliches.

But for me the quality in Guilty Crown that set it apart from most other cliche animes was the execution.... It's hard to explain.... Although in retrospect we can all say that Guilty Crown was expected and generic, when I was watching it I kept on thinking to myself oh damn that was nice.

Seems vague but I can't really pinpoint what I liked about Guilty Crown so much....

This is exactly how I feel about this show. I know it's full of cliches, inconsistencies, plot holes, ass pulls, and some laughable dialogue (jeez, that sounds really bad then, doesn't it?)... but I just enjoyed it so damn much. Hell, I'll admit it, I've watched this show 3 times and I'm kind of itching to watch it again. Seriously, I can't put into words why it I like it so much despite some glaring flaws.

Well, there are a couple things that I can say with certainty that were good:

1. OPs and EDs composed by ryo. "My Dearest" (OP1) is what got me into ryo/supercell.
2. OST by Hiroyuki Sawano He generally has one style and doesn't like to stray away from it, but GC's soundtrack stood out to me from all his other works. I honestly think it's his best soundtrack to date. It's my personal favorite of any anime and surely contributed to my enjoyment of the show.
3. Some beautiful character designs.
4. Production I.G. visual production values.
5. Action, action, action. Kind of in the same way Aldnoah.Zero's action is entertaining.

While these don't contribute to story and character, they do form a part of the overall experience. That definitely counts for something.
Apr 8, 2015 4:39 PM

Oct 2011
Trippwire01 said:
Physiicx said:
No I completely agree with you Solkiskey. The show is full of cliches.

But for me the quality in Guilty Crown that set it apart from most other cliche animes was the execution.... It's hard to explain.... Although in retrospect we can all say that Guilty Crown was expected and generic, when I was watching it I kept on thinking to myself oh damn that was nice.

Seems vague but I can't really pinpoint what I liked about Guilty Crown so much....

This is exactly how I feel about this show. I know it's full of cliches, inconsistencies, plot holes, ass pulls, and some laughable dialogue (jeez, that sounds really bad then, doesn't it?)... but I just enjoyed it so damn much. Hell, I'll admit it, I've watched this show 3 times and I'm kind of itching to watch it again. Seriously, I can't put into words why it I like it so much despite some glaring flaws.

Well, there are a couple things that I can say with certainty that were good:

1. OPs and EDs composed by ryo. "My Dearest" (OP1) is what got me into ryo/supercell.
2. OST by Hiroyuki Sawano He generally has one style and doesn't like to stray away from it, but GC's soundtrack stood out to me from all his other works. I honestly think it's his best soundtrack to date. It's my personal favorite of any anime and surely contributed to my enjoyment of the show.
3. Some beautiful character designs.
4. Production I.G. visual production values.
5. Action, action, action. Kind of in the same way Aldnoah.Zero's action is entertaining.

While these don't contribute to story and character, they do form a part of the overall experience. That definitely counts for something.

So you say the show has all these problems and more, yet rate it a 9.

Something doesn't add up.
Apr 13, 2015 9:48 PM

Jun 2013
Gov said:
So you say the show has all these problems and more, yet rate it a 9.

Something doesn't add up.

Why does my numerical rating matter?

-Trippwire-Apr 13, 2015 10:25 PM
Jun 4, 2015 1:08 PM
Nov 2013
denice001 said:

guilty crown's story was all-over the place, scattered,poor execution, cardboard characters but at the end it gave me a good laugh.

sao's story was crumpled and was thrown into a garbage can. they have characters but because they lacked back-stories they also became walking cardboards.
and GC and SAO's second part were so horrible. It was unbearable.

Couldn't agree more. Both SAO and Guilty Crown were shows that promised me something, but then gave us something else (SAO especially). The issue with GC was that it wanted to be too many things at the same time and struggles to balance all these elements, making the show bloated with unfinished subplots and not so great characterizations. It wanted to be sci-fi with some philosophical issues, but not really. It wanted to be good action and set pieces, but not really. It wanted to be romance in an unusual setting, but not really. It wanted to be slice of life, but not really. It wanted to be about friendship and true companionship, but not really. This general lack of cohesiveness turned me off at the end, but somehow ends up being good enough to keep me watching. The episodes by themselves are good, but as a whole don't really add up.

Another issue I really had was just Inori. Clearly is one of those blank slate characters who have to learn how to love like a real person, also serves as eye candy bc she doesn't know basic human decency, but that's not what makes me upset about her. What is upsetting is the parts about her that just don't contribute to the story. Like why did she have to be an idol? That fact barely had any impact in the story and doesn't make sense to me. She's a songstress as well as a robot clone of Mana (we had to deal with the whole girl is a monster trope, too, dear goodness), stolen from GHQ, most likely, and now she's a pop sensation in the net? Not doing a good job hiding your identity when GHQ's still looking for you. And yeah, what's with the thing about being an idol? I may not enjoy the appeal of idol culture (a lot of aspects from that culture can get pretty creepy), but it felt like the only reason she was an idol was to give Shu an excuse to already know who she is before the start of the story. If not that, then perhaps to give some sense into giving her songs some sort of purpose, but that's where the problem is. The lyrics are pretty vague so they can sell well as singles, but most of the time when she's singing, she's usually by herself or around people who don't really care about her singing. Sure, it's interesting to paint her as some caged bird, and sure, her singing does save the world, but that only happens once, and overall doesn't matter in the end. I just wished that the theme of music could be done better. Like, what if Inori wasn't an idol and just liked music, which had more importance in the story? Like, I don't know, what if it's a song Mana learned and taught Shu and Gai when they were kids, and it's their only memory of her. So when Gai meets Inori, he teaches her that song, possibly because Inori looks so much like Mana, and he wants to keep her in his memory. Shu remembers that song, so he gets curious about Gai and Inori and eventually realize his relation to them when he hears one of them sing (haha imagine a silly musical number). Or Gai hearing Shu hum the tune and realize that fate brought his childhood friend back to him, so he does everything to make Shu stay? Certainly plays into the theme of remembrance that kept popping up in the soundtrack. But that's just me rambling.

And Shu as a main, just felt bland to me. This probably doesn't help that his love interests (sans Ayase, who's the most wonderful thing I got from this show besides the killer soundtrack) aren't good at bringing out anything more in his character other than what's already been done before. Sometimes I like to think that he wasn't meant to be the main character when the story first started, and instead, it was Yahiro who was originally supposed to be the main. From what we knew about him, he sounded really interesting. Yes, he'd be just another Lelouch with a younger sibling to protect, but boy would I watch that show. In fact, that would be really great, since Guilty Crown tries so hard to show GHQ has some good qualities as well. Yahiro could have been the linchpin between these two sides. GHQ, who shouldn't be the big bad and downright evil, are just trying to do what's best and put down terrorist cells so they can do their job without getting killed. Funeral Parlor could have been made by a bunch of nationalists who think GHQ have overstayed their welcome, and while they're well meaning, have brutal methods that can't be overlooked. Yahiro, who would accidentally possess the Void Genome, would be ambivalent. He likes GHQ for helping out the people here after the pandemic, since his brother is also ill, and he could understand FP's restlessness and wish to be independent and self-sustaining, but doesn't like each sides methods. Of course, he has to make the decision when both sides really need him. His drug dealing, too, could play a role in his decisions, in that he does it because he's restless and wants his brother to get better treatment because he believes in GHQ's system as much as he can, but doesn't think it's fast enough. But something happened along the production line, and Yahiro got booted off the role of the main in favor of Shu, who felt like the more generic guy because he doesn't have much to lose in the beginning.

Also not very tasteful in the fanservice department. Sorry, not my thing.

The show isn't bad, but it has enough things I dislike that I believe it's bad. Honestly, I just think that the show wasn't for me, and I'll let the people who enjoy it keep on enjoying it. I'll find other shows to watch.
Feb 22, 2016 12:43 PM

Aug 2012
Yes it is. I kept lying to myself that the writers will pick up and fix it. But once Gai come back everything become a train crash. The way Ii saw it in the beginning was Gai training Shu to become a leader in his place and finish saving the workd from the virus. And that would have made sense. But no they had to clustefuck everything. I hate when anime tries to be phylosophical because they usually fail. Hint: if you want to promote an idea then stick with one, maximum two. So when Gai came back I realized the show will fail. But I still had hope for a small consolation prize: Shu x Inori. Well no, bad luck, no soup for you! And the ending was stupid. I did not feel any reward feeling from finishing it. I could say more but the rest probably said it already. I understood almost everything and can fill most plotholes except the Daath and the ending. But the writers did an awful job.
Mar 6, 2016 11:04 AM
Jan 2016
Hmm..

I wasn't expecting much, but was very very much surprised!

I thought it was great!! The story is quite complicated which causes people to say that there are many plot holes. I'm not saying there aren't any - just that many holes begin to close after realizing what's happening. It's definitely not easy to watch, you actually have to keep up with what's happening and not all people like this.

I love it when I feel like I don't have a clue and slowly begin to understand what's really going on.

Thumbs up! And as always: Make your own opinion - the more people say it's bad, the more I feel like I have to watch it, just to see ;)
Mar 6, 2016 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
Eh, I watched the first episode but couldn't finish it. I heard its end result was good, though.
May 30, 2016 9:09 PM
May 2016
Super late reply:

I don't think it's really bad at all. I mean sure it wasn't perfect but I enjoyed it, and that's all that really matters.
Jun 5, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2016
Well, taste is very subjective in nature. I personally despise this show's existence, even though I'm only 7 episodes in (I've also heard that the ending is completely terrible). Others really love this show, and I'm fine with that.

As for the discussion about this show vs. SAO, I put the latter show on hold because I want to read to read the LNs first, but from what I've been reading, I definitely like the latter more. At least it was fun, and it (mostly) didn't have writing or characters that made me want to tear my hair out (but I have heard that the adaptation screws with both of these big time). Even if SAO turns into something I regret watching, it would still be better than GC.
I'm just confused by the whole concept of scoring by "Writing and characters." If you're not entertained, why should you care?
Aug 4, 2016 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Ending ruined it ALL fucked everything up and it RUSHED to it too.
Everyone was like YEAH YEAH BRING HER BACK YEAHHHH GO GOGOGOGO
It took them 15 episodes to even start the story but they ruined it with rushing.

Basically 4/10.
Aug 17, 2016 7:33 AM

Feb 2016
Yes.
I think it's worse than SAO in my opinion.
Oct 30, 2016 9:36 AM
Oct 2016
Oh...
Guilty Crown
He anime makes you feel sick when you end it, but at the same time to forget will never Tsttia .... anime fantastic in terms of fees and music in which there are many wonderful songs of badges the end and beginning of the addition of the songs that were sung heroine of the story as well as songs that were Tdg through Sounds wonderful anime Kmatherat .... Why tell the story and the characters make you love anime ... frankly hero was his shameful sometimes and sometimes it was a personal Madmourh✌ .... and heroine inori gosh beloved really initially be personal cold nor show any attention to the show, but with the development of the story and the events become the sole armrest large and passionate .... What can I say in the end like this anime that makes you want to see every day and return each day .... the only thing that marred anime is a very sad end. .. but really it's not that bad when your temper calm down and watch anime again with ... that this was the end, it must be in a completely Anaaks to complete such a legendary anime .... in the end it's not so bad, but I loved it versa despite what caused me pain in the end ❤
Oct 30, 2016 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
yes------------------------------------
I'm never wrong. I once thought I was wrong, turns out, I was mistaken.
Nov 5, 2016 8:54 PM

Oct 2016
Dropped it just now, so here's my advice to everyone, AVOID IT, like literally, unless you want to experience,

Forced romances
Forced villains
Whiny and Friendzoned Mcs
Plot holes
Fanservice not worthy of being called fanservice
Zero character development
Badly executed action scenes
Ending that make you hate yourself for wasting 8 hrs of your life
Annoying emotionless female mcs.

If you like to torture yourself go ahead watch it, complete it even, i would personally pass :P

I gave it a 4/10 and that was me being generous because of animation quality and music.
Nov 27, 2016 7:11 PM
Nov 2016
Bad isnt correct word to describe Guilty Crown, nasty is...

It is a good anime until following troupe shows up :

Blackmail (a girl forced to have sex just for something silly, which later show up broken , it really sad)
Adultery + netorare
Ugly society

Go watch it
Nov 28, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2012
Deathraz0r said:

Blackmail (a girl forced to have sex just for something silly, which later show up broken , it really sad)
Adultery + netorare
Ugly society

Go watch it

Lol, I fail to see how THAT is what's supposed to turn people away. Arisa selling herself made for a nice twist that isn't normally covered in anime as far as I know. And for your information,she wasn't forced at all. She chose that path herself. It shows how desperate/obsessed she became in the end.
Not sure where you got adultery and netorare from, though. "Ugly society" was the whole theme since episode 1, I doubt anyone who was interested in watching the first episode would stick around if they were turned off by that.

I sing for my people, I sing for my friends
I sing for justice, so that the world finally ends
I sing for my father who rests high above
and also for my mother who I deeply love
But as I sing I wonder, what is it for?
when there is no one who sings for me anymore...
Nov 28, 2016 10:45 AM
Nov 2016
VoidGenome said:
Deathraz0r said:

Adultery + netorare
Ugly society

Go watch it

Lol, I fail to see how THAT is what's supposed to turn people away. Arisa selling herself made for a nice twist that isn't normally covered in anime as far as I know. And for your information,she wasn't forced at all. She chose that path herself. It shows how desperate/obsessed she became in the end.
Not sure where you got adultery and netorare from, though. "Ugly society" was the whole theme since episode 1, I doubt anyone who was interested in watching the first episode would stick around if they were turned off by that.

well i did said to go watch it, isnt it?

you asked about adultery yet you wrote "arisa selling herself" in the very early of your post...do you need a penis shown to deem an anime as having to contain adultery? she is treated like garbage, used and exploited. well and there is also a moment which anything i hope to forget but cant, where the silver haired guy going onto a room with the main heroines (really forget their name) and sparks question whether or not they having sex inside.

i really agree to what you said " Arisa selling herself made for a nice twist that isn't normally covered in anime as far as I know". i think i never had watch anime which its character selling themselves so nasty like that except in hentai (exclusively made for these kind of genre).

i see that you are a fans? no need to be nasty too here lel, i simply point out what first came on my mind about this anime. tbh i prefer watching berserk (which contain a lot of butchery , masacre , sadness, desperation, a really bad bad badass content) over and over again than to have watch GC one more time (this my honest opinion over GC)

fyi : i love Berserk
Nov 28, 2016 12:46 PM

Nov 2012
Deathraz0r said:

you asked about adultery yet you wrote "arisa selling herself" in the very early of your post...do you need a penis shown to deem an anime as having to contain adultery? she is treated like garbage, used and exploited. well and there is also a moment which anything i hope to forget but cant, where the silver haired guy going onto a room with the main heroines (really forget their name) and sparks question whether or not they having sex inside.

i really agree to what you said " Arisa selling herself made for a nice twist that isn't normally covered in anime as far as I know". i think i never had watch anime which its character selling themselves so nasty like that except in hentai (exclusively made for these kind of genre).

i see that you are a fans? no need to be nasty too here lel, i simply point out what first came on my mind about this anime. tbh i prefer watching berserk (which contain a lot of butchery , masacre , sadness, desperation, a really bad bad badass content) over and over again than to have watch GC one more time (this my honest opinion over GC)

You keep using the word "adultery". I don't think you know what it means.

definition: adultery:
a·dul·ter·y (ə-dŭl′tə-rē, -trē)
n. pl. a·dul·ter·ies
Consensual sexual intercourse between a married person and a person other than the spouse.
source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/adultery

And to be fair, I can't be blamed for assuming you meant the "go watch it" sarcastically, if you say "bad isn't enough. Call it nasty instead" and "it was good until...", so naturally I assumed you were offering harsh critique that, obviously isn't correct (since you seem to be misunderstanding what adultery is)

And to be clear, implied sex does not warrant a mature rating.

I can't do anything about your opinion about GC (even if it is a shame), but I won't remain quiet if people claim shit about the show that just isn't true. Sorry.

Nov 28, 2016 8:17 PM
Nov 2016
VoidGenome said:
Deathraz0r said:

You keep using the word "adultery". I don't think you know what it means.

definition: adultery:
a·dul·ter·y (ə-dŭl′tə-rē, -trē)
n. pl. a·dul·ter·ies
Consensual sexual intercourse between a married person and a person other than the spouse.
source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/adultery

And to be fair, I can't be blamed for assuming you meant the "go watch it" sarcastically, if you say "bad isn't enough. Call it nasty instead" and "it was good until...", so naturally I assumed you were offering harsh critique that, obviously isn't correct (since you seem to be misunderstanding what adultery is)

And to be clear, implied sex does not warrant a mature rating.

I can't do anything about your opinion about GC (even if it is a shame), but I won't remain quiet if people claim shit about the show that just isn't true. Sorry.

was i not made myself obvious ? how much sarcasm and how bad my opinion over the show is ? and yeah it intrigue me, if not adultery what i supposed to call it then . you see english not my native languange

and yeah seriously .... "a person other than the spouse" < are you doing this to annoy someone or something? so i believe Arisa or whatever that nice girl name is having sex with her husband , yeah ? i see my bad then..

"voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man or woman and a partner other than the legal spouse" it is adultery since they are not a legal spouse/married... sigh*

what about asking other people opinion what adultery is ? like your parents or teacher. i do think engaging sex without proper marriage is what they called as adultery . hence, foreplay like kissing or hugging at extreme could might as well be deemed as it.

"shit about the show that just isn't true" what is not true about what i said, please make it clear .

the show was a few years ago, i watch it while on air. it is not yet completed while i watch it. only after a few episode later it reveal things up . so yeah , it gives netorare vibes to it for a few weeks which is a torture really

"i hope to forget but cant, where the silver haired guy going onto a room with the main heroines (really forget their name) and sparks question whether or not they having sex inside."
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120806232731AA38GdG
basically question like these pop up here and there back then

it okay , you cant and you wont change my opinion even if i watch GC over and over again

a lot of people praise it for its ost and art , well it is expensive title and i agree these things is worthy of praise. the story not so much
Nov 29, 2016 1:44 AM

Nov 2012
Deathraz0r said:

was i not made myself obvious ? how much sarcasm and how bad my opinion over the show is ?

See, that's the problem. It's hard to even understand your points. I initially understood your post as sarcastic, but then you claimed to have said "go watch it" as if to defend yourself, causing me to believe maybe it wasn't meant sarcastically after all. Only for you now treating ME like an idiot for assuming otherwise

Deathraz0r said:
and yeah it intrigue me, if not adultery what i supposed to call it then . you see english not my native languange.

The word you are probably looking for is "prostitution".
I can get that you have a desire to express yourself and I am also aware that English isn't everyone's native tongue (btw, it isn't mine, either), but if that's the case, it probably isn't a wise decision to go online and write critique to shows, even less negative ones. You will not be understood and taken seriously if people can't follow your logic, which is hard when you keep using words wrongly. It's also not that hard to check words online, you know? There are online dictionaries in today's age. At least try tonot throw around words you obviously don't know the meaning of. You may want to sound smart, but it just ends up having the opposite effect.

Deathraz0r said:
and yeah seriously .... "a person other than the spouse" < are you doing this to annoy someone or something? so i believe Arisa or whatever that nice girl name is having sex with her husband , yeah ? i see my bad then..

You seem to have serious trouble following my point there. The point is that Arisa simply can't be charged with adultery since she is not married. An unmarried person cannot perform adultery.Simple as that.

Deathraz0r said:
"voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man or woman and a partner other than the legal spouse" it is adultery since they are not a legal spouse/married... sigh*

No, it is not. Like I said, Neither Arisa nor Nanba are married, so adultery is impossible. The only thing that happened there was Arisa selling her body to him for information. That is not adultery. Just accept the fact that you thought you were smart by throwing words around you don't even know the meaning of.

Deathraz0r said:
what about asking other people opinion what adultery is ? like your parents or teacher. i do think engaging sex without proper marriage is what they called as adultery . hence, foreplay like kissing or hugging at extreme could might as well be deemed as it.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+sex+without+marriage+called
As you can see, I don't even have to ask my parents for that information. It is easily enough accessible over the internet if you are just willing to take 1 minute of your time to look it up. Btw, I didn't know the word, either, and neither would my parents have. Welcome to the 21st century, my friend. Fornication hasn't been frowned upon for a long, long time. Maybe you still judge people for it, but society has long since accepted the act as being normal. You can follow its example or you don't, but don't expect society to assume your stance here. I mean, seriously...kissing and hugging counting as adultery/prostitution? I guess you will only touch your girl in a bio-hazard suit before marrying her, right? Jeez.

Deathraz0r said:
"shit about the show that just isn't true" what is not true about what i said, please make it clear .

Very well.

Deathraz0r said:

There was no blackmail going on in the scene you described. At no point was Arisa forced to have sex. She chose to sell her body for information in order to relay it to Gai and thus betray Shu. It was her active decision.

Deathraz0r said:
Adultery + netorare

Neither adultery nor netorare (the act of cheating) is performed in this anime. There is only one real romantic relationship in the show (not counting one sided crushes and Haruka/Kurosu or Saeko/Kurosu - Shu's father and his biological and step mother), which is Shu/Inori who have both remained faithful to one another. Neither Shu, nor Inori even as much as kissed anyone but the other. Arisa slept with Nanba while having a crush on Gai, but Arisa never managed to become Gai's girlfriend and thus could never have even cheated on him. You could claim Gai netorared Inori after supposedly erasing her soul to reawaken Mana, but that would be stretching it really far. Even then it would be closer to downright murder than performing netorare.

Deathraz0r said:
Ugly society

A somewhat worthless feedback. What you define as "ugly" might not be "ugly" for someone else. What were you really upset about? Words like these are usually brushed away without a thought since they are too vague for them to be really understood.
Besides, the world of Guilty Crown was shown right from episode 1 onward. It is even described in the series' summary, so if that part put you off, it might have been your own fault, really. Should have probably read the summary before jumping on the anime, eh?

Deathraz0r said:
the show was a few years ago, i watch it while on air. it is not yet completed while i watch it. only after a few episode later it reveal things up . so yeah , it gives netorare vibes to it for a few weeks which is a torture really

Doesn't matter if you felt "some vibes". That doesn't make the genre magically appear in the anime in the end, does it? People don't care about the "vibes" you feel. If they read your opinion and hear that there is netorare in it, they will assume this is the case when there, in fact, isn't. It's false critique. You are basically trying to make people think Guilty Crown is something that it is not. That is something people ACTUALLY frown upon, unlike fornication, you know?

Deathraz0r said:
"i hope to forget but cant, where the silver haired guy going onto a room with the main heroines (really forget their name) and sparks question whether or not they having sex inside."
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120806232731AA38GdG
basically question like these pop up here and there back then

I suppose you meant the infamous scene in which Shu saw Inori entering Gai's bedroom. He then proceeds to misunderstand the situation and assume the worst. However, it later gets clearly revealed that nothing happened in there. No netorare was taking place. Also, even iif Inori would have had sex with Gai, she wasn't technically in any relationship with Shu yet, so she couldn't have cheated on him anyway.

Deathraz0r said:
it okay , you cant and you wont change my opinion even if i watch GC over and over again

Believe it or not, I am actually aware of that. And believe me, I really don't care about your opinion either way. You see, the thing about opinions is: Everyone has one. I don't need to assume yours, since I have mine. Neither do I have to force mine onto you, since mine works perfectly fine on its own, too. Your dislike of the show won't make my love for it waver in any way possible, so it's fine. My actual issue here, was that you were talking out of your ass. And that, my friend, annoys me. People who don't know what they are talking about are such a bother.
VoidGenomeNov 29, 2016 1:53 AM

Nov 29, 2016 5:13 AM
Nov 2016
While I do not find Guilty Crown to be the worst anime of all time, it was certainly disappointing. The production qualities of this anime were outstanding. Some of the best music and animation I have seen with some great character designs (Inori is a character I have not ever seen a similar design to with the same sort of atmosphere, the rest are bland but reflect their personalities adequately). However, I did not appreciate the characters at all.

While they had strong motivations and one could understand their desires and why they would do what they did, I could not help but feel that they were anything other than unlikable. Rather than treat others like humans, they treat them as disposable objects which are to be manipulated. There are very few characters which are worth caring about, and Ouma Shu was not one of them for me. The main character's also a major issue since he is incredibly bland. In fact, they state that he is. Instead of creating comedy out of this, like many other animes would, they instead make this his defining trait. This is a cliche of anime that I have been able to live with (bland and trait-less mc) and have enjoyed at time, however considering how much of this anime is centered around how apparently special Shu is to every party, it simply comes off as a bad choice in traits. To put it plainly, I hate the mc because his spirit animal is a piece of A4 paper and is simply cringe-worthy to watch due to his incredible ability to be tricked into helping the wrong side in every story arc.

I will be completely honest though, this DOES have inherent bias to it since I am a person who prefers to see characters interact with one another and see emotional heart to heart moments in anime (some of my favorites are Anohana and Shigatsu wa kimi no uso). My other favorite genre of anime is rags to riches type animes (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is one of my favorites despite the ecchi). So I admit that the weaknesses of Guilty Crown may not be as prominent to those who do not prefer a strong cast of characters who are enjoyable to watch outside of large scale battles. However if you do prefer character driven plots and a powerful cast that you will actually care about, then Guilty Crown is not the anime for you.
Nov 30, 2016 3:37 PM
Dec 2008
i love this shows theme song. Atleast the first it gets me pumped up with the words i dont understand. so far im 4 eps in and im digging the show i was a code geese.
Jan 30, 2020 10:08 PM

Aug 2017
Plot sucked, lots of characters were detestable. Good production value, animation and songs. But you cannot win with a bad story and bad characters.
Jan 30, 2020 10:19 PM

Aug 2014
its alright, but i expected more, story fell apart in the middle

Mar 7, 2021 4:54 AM

Sep 2020
It's fucking horrible,on par with code geass(the bad if you take it seriously) and darling in the franxx,one of the most worst anime i ever seen,everything is so fucking obnoxious,dumb characters,plot holes even look like millions,and even a deus ex machina and plot twists is fucking dumb,worser than code geass(Albeit cg more fun due to it's mind games and many cool fun cheap twists) rushed ending.

Please skip this anime,watch CG or Attack on titan instead
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.