MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hyouka »» Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (21) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

304 52.23%
4 out of 5: Liked it

152 26.12%
3 out of 5: It was OK

81 13.92%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

28 4.81%
1 out of 5: Hated it

17 2.92%
Voters: 582

04-23-12, 10:27 PM

Omniknight said:

The second mystery had potential, but they didn't build on what made the secret club so mysterious, other than no one other than the members know about it... WHY IS IT SECRET? WHAT IS THE CODE BEHIND THE RECRUITMENT INFO? WHO IS THE NEW PRESIDENT? The mysterious aspects weren't even touched upon...

I want to believe that you understood that the second mystery was a lie, right?

04-23-12, 10:29 PM

Amazing animation and Chitandra is greatness. the episode itself was only decent. but ill be sticking with it for sure.

04-24-12, 12:31 AM

Wow, I like the main character! He is good at logic that's why I like him. When he meet with the female, I'm PRAYING she won't act like HARUHI or I hope she IS NOT A FREAKING TSUNDERE! I was soooo nervous and to make it worse, that scene was slow motioned! I'm so relieved she is not a tsundere and not annoying like Haruhi!

I do thought Hotaro is like Kyon a bit (Idk I just get the feeling), and Chitanda also resemble Haruhi a bit (The forcefulness and mysterious power), she wasn't my taste. I dislike forceful person. Oh, at her curiousity about mysteries, it reminds me of Mayura(Matantei Loki, and I dislike her).

So, let see what will happen next! Oh yeah, I really like Hotaro's friend (Satoshi)! I hope there won't be any romance in this series... I don't know but I already dislike Hotaro and Chitanda pairing... Ah, and the OP song is great, the animation pretty good too....

I really hope some good mysteries, and some drama in later episodes...
I DON'T WASTE MY TIME WATCHING ANIME I DON'T LIKE

English is not my native. Sorry for grammar errors. Feel free to correct me.

04-24-12, 12:37 AM

Omniknight said:
The second mystery had potential, but they didn't build on what made the secret club so mysterious, other than no one other than the members know about it... WHY IS IT SECRET? WHAT IS THE CODE BEHIND THE RECRUITMENT INFO? WHO IS THE NEW PRESIDENT? The mysterious aspects weren't even touched upon...

Didn't Hotaro make everything up, from the club to the memo? I could be wrong, as I wasn't paying too much attention at the time. It's not as much a mystery as it was a trick to aid his efficiency, or so he thought. Oddly, this was the one part of the episode I liked.

04-24-12, 2:11 AM

I love the graphics, and its OP :)

04-24-12, 2:14 AM

I love the art & animation, the character design, and the story seems promising (well it's quite boring at some points). the atmosphere is relaxing yet intriguing... yes this is going to be one good series!!!
Modified by millo, 04-24-12, 4:39 AM

04-24-12, 4:33 AM

Like most people have stated here, great animation & designs. However the mysteries were non-interesting... I hope it's only the first episode.

04-24-12, 5:06 AM

beautiful animation, pleasant show - nothing too thrilling, but it feels like it has potential as a character driven romance/drama type thing...

04-24-12, 5:51 AM

MissileSoup said:
Omniknight said:

Didn't Hotaro make everything up, from the club to the memo? I could be wrong, as I wasn't paying too much attention at the time. It's not as much a mystery as it was a trick to aid his efficiency, or so he thought. Oddly, this was the one part of the episode I liked.

I thought that perhaps it may have been the case when he said something along the lines of "perfect timing" and had that smile, but the first mystery was so banal and there was no conclusion to the "joke" other than "Yay, we found it", that I honestly just took it as a serious attempt at mystery from the writers...
That actually makes it even worse when a made a mystery made up by the protagonist is more interesting that the actual ones...

Edit: Ya, it is obvious that it was a joke from the epilogue portion of the episode. I mentioned I skimmed the last portions of the episode because I was flat-lining from boredom.
Modified by Omniknight, 04-24-12, 5:58 AM

04-24-12, 6:28 AM

Even if the mysteries are kinda dumb at the moment, KyoAni are known for their slice-of-life shows. And I believe that Hyouka gonna be another excellent slice-of-life anime. I don't mind if they cut all that mystery out, just let me observe this everyday's life of Eru and Houtarou, and i ll be more than pleased.
IMO, this show has got a great potential,damn, it instantly became one of my favorite shows of this season.

04-24-12, 6:28 AM

I think its more like making Eru happy rather than solving mystery here..

kinda boring episode. zZZ

04-24-12, 6:29 AM

comments regarding how bad this show is so immature
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.

04-24-12, 6:55 AM

i found the flowers thing very cute. sort of like a metaphor to describe how houtarou finds chitanda intriguingly mysterious?????? (or pretty????). and it has become the planks that i will use to build my new ship.

also, THAT ANIMATION.
"when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "fuck you" right under your nose." - j.d. salinger

04-24-12, 7:07 AM

Here go another protagonist with low motto, happy girl, unpopular? energetic friend and random mysteries. Remind me iris zero and here i was hoping for some decent mystery plot.

Art/Animation is the only plus for me.

04-24-12, 7:15 AM

This is pure eye-candy. Character design, animation and whatnot. ♥ Love it.

I just love the simplicity of this. Just because the "mysteries" were simple doesn't mean they're boring. It kinds of reminds me of Bakuman's PCP. And I liked that quite a lot.

Also, all the characters were just lovable. I just hope the fourth one isn't annoying.
[insert awesome signature here]

04-24-12, 7:54 AM

AmberFebruary said:
comments regarding how bad this show is so immature
I agree the negative feedback and bashing is terrible but some people don't have patience and try to convince themselves to see this show as low to be impressed later.

IMO patience and watching at least 4 to 6 episodes for the flow is needed. Sadly not all are like me and so all have differences.

One thing though, I do sympathize with fears of people that the studio may fuck in investing too much into visuals. They looks expensive to pour out.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

04-24-12, 8:46 AM

Interesting show so far. I already hate the main girl, though.

Still, those two main guys are really interesting.

Animation is...KyoAni.

04-24-12, 9:57 AM

For those who complain about the lack of substance of the mysteries - why? It's not like anything really happened so far. One coincidence and one elaborate lie, nothing I would consider a serious attempt to an interesting mystery by the writers. These were just tools to show the personalities of the characters and they succeeded.
Plus if you need to see some really, really bad "mysteries" go watch Phi Brain and then rejoice over the creativity of Hyouka ^^.
Check out our new Simul Watch CLUB and join if you're interested!

If Death Note is "chess", LotGH is "3D Chess." - lisnoire
Code Geass would be Rock-Paper-Scissors in this analogy.
Guilty Crown? - Go Fish!

04-24-12, 9:58 AM

It's strange.
I can enjoy Sakamichi no Apollon & Tsuritama just fine but I can't seem to enjoy this one.
I thought it was utterly boring. There was no 'hook' or 'grab' for me at all. I was even surprised I managed to finish the episode with subs.

I guess you can say I found the first episode very...underwhelming.
Hopefully it picks up in the next couple episodes and pays off in the end.
I really want to like this series.

04-24-12, 11:34 AM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
For those who complain about the lack of substance of the mysteries - why? It's not like anything really happened so far. One coincidence and one elaborate lie, nothing I would consider a serious attempt to an interesting mystery by the writers. These were just tools to show the personalities of the characters and they succeeded.
Plus if you need to see some really, really bad "mysteries" go watch Phi Brain and then rejoice over the creativity of Hyouka ^^.

This guy strikes again.

I feel like if I took the first episode as seriously as some of these people appear to I would have dropped 95% of the anime I've ever seen.

Pages (21) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices