Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 28 Discussion

Apr 25, 2012 3:36 AM

Raeistic said:
Paul said:
Surprise how far they managed to go within around 10 minutes. 200 floors (elevator) + distance between the tower and Wing's house.

Pretty sure they're just in Wing's room that's also in the tower since he's helping one of the Heaven's Arena participants. x)

Nope. If you go through the episode again, after Hisoka's appearance you see the house where Wing resides. Pretty sure no room for Wing in the tower as he doesn't seem to be participating in any fight.

Apr 25, 2012 2:31 PM

Hisoka is just too awesome!! Even though i've seen the old series, i can't wait to see what happens and how it happens in the new series!!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Apr 27, 2012 10:25 PM

Hisoka is back :D

Apr 28, 2012 5:22 PM

next is the york shin/spiders ark right?

Apr 28, 2012 5:39 PM

Avato-chan said:
next is the york shin/spiders ark right?

Yep, that's the next arc.

Apr 29, 2012 10:39 AM

lol the pedo is back :D

May 3, 2012 9:45 AM

I hope he ain't renting that apartment.

May 23, 2012 9:55 AM

Hooray for nen! Not to mention Hisoka's badassery

Jul 15, 2012 10:29 AM

Quite happy with how they handled Nen in this version, it felt nowhere near as dull as I remember. Looking forward to the rest.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Aug 4, 2012 11:27 AM

SilentTruth said:
Oh yeah, Hisoka is BADASS there!

Hisoka is always badass!! XD He's one of the best antagonists ever!!!

By the way, it's funny that it's an action manga but in 28 episodes it didn't have a real fight yet! XD

Aug 4, 2012 11:29 AM

Nen looks pretty much like haki in one piece, but more explained! =)

Aug 14, 2012 11:43 PM

The explanation of Nen wasn't so confusing here. In fact, it was rather simple. Either I didn't pay attention the first time around, or it was the previous adaptation's fault. In any case, it gets more complicated and interesting later on in the series.

Something else I missed, unless, again, it was because of the previous adaptation: Hisoka's motivations. In a way he's helping Gon and Killua by preventing them from accessing the 200th floor. Without Nen they would be completely screwed. So, hey, they should thank Hisoka. =)

Anyway, just adds another layer to Hisoka's mystique.

Jun 17, 2013 7:43 PM

Great episode 5/5

The part with Wing showing his killing intent was awesome.
Here we understand how Hisoka can kill with playing cards.
Hisoka is back. :D
I liked Nen's explanation.

Jun 17, 2013 7:46 PM

Mikasa said:
Killua: "let's go!"
Gon: "I don't wanna go any further"

I love how they make Killua feel like the leading character who calls the shot with Gon being the one backing out. Not the typical ballsy character who would overcome the aura and make it to the reception desk.

In fact, after Gon saw Hisoka, Gon was walking more easily than Killua

Jul 24, 2013 1:04 PM

Awesome episode.
His explanation about the power is cool. Interesting that Hisoka prevents them from going into the hall.
5/5

Jul 31, 2013 6:37 AM

Oh Hisoka, you're everywhere now! Things are getting more and more interesting now with the Nen powers, I wonder if Wing is one of the floor masters.

Aug 19, 2013 10:12 AM

All the different parts of Nen are a lot easier to understand after watching the first anime. Was pretty confusing when it was first introduced.

Nov 15, 2013 5:52 PM

What an overwrought fighting system.

Dec 11, 2013 12:25 AM

omg when the teacher threw the paper into the wall i felt very validated because ive been complaining about hisoka's lame ass cards this whole time ("they're just cards! how the hell are they lethal!") and now its not a weird illogical thing but rather a part of the nen system

Dec 31, 2013 10:40 PM

awesome!! what if Hisoka was not there to stop them?? Gon and Killua could've died..

Mar 28, 2014 8:53 PM

So now we know how Hisoka manages to use cards as weapons and also about his aura xD What I would like to see is a showdown between Hisoka and that teacher xd but I know it won't happen. I'm interested in Hisoka's past now though, like who trained him or did he train himself and what happened to him. Was he always this strong or was he the target of someone else who was waiting for him to "ripen" but Hisoka ended up killing that someone? I want some flashbacks but I know I won't get them anytime soon..

Apr 2, 2014 2:21 AM

I'm a bit lost when it comes to this Nen stuff... it's really confusing right now...

I really like the new ED! for some reason it reminds me of Iron Maiden... not sure why.

May 14, 2014 6:29 PM

This is my favorite episode of Hisoka's. dunno why

Such a guardian pedo.

The focus on Gon and Killua can never go wrong. i love these kids~

May 24, 2014 11:34 PM

Damn great animation on showing the nen training. LOL killua's like fck this shit, im out of here.

Well that must explain why Hisoka's cards can cut through anything.

So this is where they introduce and explain the concept behind this version of the shows latent power like chi also called nen that will become a major focus in the future of the series moving forward.
It is absolutely a sin to be an anime fan and not at least experience "Akira" once in your life time.

Jun 7, 2014 12:45 AM

Gay clown is back, but I think it's too early for him to show up. Ruined the tension in Sept 1st.
Modified by Confucius, Jun 7, 2014 12:49 AM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Jun 21, 2014 4:02 PM

Well, I suppose my main question would be using the aura with benevolent intent rather than malicious intent. What happens?

Anyway, I hope they don't over-complicate it. I don't mind having rules applied to the usage, so long as they don't keep piling them on.

I think Hisoka showed up again too quickly, but at least we know why his cards are so deadly now.

Jun 25, 2014 7:18 PM

Finally getting into the core powers of the anime.
Like the set up.

Jul 9, 2014 5:26 AM

Killua's looks are always badass.

I'm looking forward to Nen, hope it's a good system. Gotta commend the show though, it had a LOR of variety before a power system came along, if this improves it then shit is gonna be craaazy.

Aug 12, 2014 9:53 PM

Mikasa said:
Killua: "let's go!"
Gon: "I don't wanna go any further"

I love how they make Killua feel like the leading character who calls the shot with Gon being the one backing out. Not the typical ballsy character who would overcome the aura and make it to the reception desk.

agreed i'm always ready to my roll eyes, sigh then mutter "typical" but HxH is not that kind of show, i love it... keeps on edge errytime

Aug 31, 2014 9:05 PM

I'm not really enjoying how they're using "muderous intent" as some kind of palpable force. Pure bullshit imo, but whatever.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS

Sep 5, 2014 5:31 PM

Hisoka you bastard why the fuck are you so cool ?!! So it's time for the fruit to ripen huh.
"My girlfriend is Pururin, and Pururin only!!!"~ Kaoru Yamazaki

Oct 5, 2014 9:30 PM

This is starting to get superficial...

Knew Hisoka could use Nen when the glasses guy used the book page as a blade ~> Hisoka's cards. And wow, only 3.5 hours to train yourself to manipulate your soul's life force.

Dec 19, 2014 7:33 PM

Man, Wing bill is gonna be high as fuck if he continue to destroy his room...
In any case, that dude makes me unconfortable. He's awesome, with his lazy look and his overly kind behavior, but I feel he's not simply a teacher, or rather, he hasn't always been a teacher.

The Nen thing remind me of the overdrive from JoJo x)
It looked weird at first glance, but with its multiple use, it become suddenly more interesting.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Mar 17, 2015 4:25 AM

Apr 13, 2015 6:51 PM

Lol Killiua jumps into the ceiling's corner.

Haha Kushi becoming upset because his senssei ripped off that page and cut his juice can!!

Jul 21, 2015 10:22 PM

Ah, so that explains Hisoka's cards.

Jul 30, 2015 3:03 PM

Hisoka shows up lol. Dang this Nen stuff is getting interesting

Jul 31, 2015 5:43 AM

This Nen stuff is actually pretty interesting but I feel like there should have been bigger hints to it in the first arc because its really feeling like they just pulled these abilities out of their ass.

Jul 31, 2015 6:56 AM

haydnwright said:
This Nen stuff is actually pretty interesting but I feel like there should have been bigger hints to it in the first arc because its really feeling like they just pulled these abilities out of their ass.

The hints were enormous, lol. Especially the end of Hunter Exam, wait till you finish this arc, then you'll get it.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Sep 2, 2015 1:18 PM

Kuszek said:
For such a long-running and typical shounen series HxH is so awesome. I can't wait to see the next episode. Also the whole Nen thing is really well thought out.

that's just it. it's not your typical shounen! :) that's why HXH'11 is on the list of top anime, not shounen anime.
-----

oh shoot, this is when things get real. obviously that aura reminded him of illuminati. it was so realistic, it even shut him up for a while, so what did he ever do to him (or not) that makes killua pee himself?

also LOVED that tune that played when killua came down from the wall.

i'll say it once and i'll say it again - i can marathon this all day XD

i know it was an ep ago but you gotta love killua in rage mode.

although he didn't have to do that to him! he's just a cute little boy... D:

Sep 2, 2015 1:32 PM

TomDay said:
Kuszek said:
For such a long-running and typical shounen series HxH is so awesome. I can't wait to see the next episode. Also the whole Nen thing is really well thought out.

that's just it. it's not your typical shounen! :) that's why HXH'11 is on the list of top anime, not shounen anime.
-----

oh shoot, this is when things get real. obviously that aura reminded him of illuminati. it was so realistic, it even shut him up for a while, so what did he ever do to him (or not) that makes killua pee himself?

also LOVED that tune that played when killua came down from the wall.

i'll say it once and i'll say it again - i can marathon this all day XD

i know it was an ep ago but you gotta love killua in rage mode.

although he didn't have to do that to him! he's just a cute little boy... D:

It is actually not shonen :)

Dec 21, 2015 3:12 PM

I was hoping wing would also teach them some martial arts while they're at it. Gon now has tremendous physical strength, but no combat skills to use it with. Shoving people isn't always going to be enough. I also really don't trust wing; hisoka showing up out of the blue to present an obstacle that can only be overcome with nen is far too convenient, and wing working with hisoka can only be bad for gon.

Jan 7, 9:30 AM

dayum shit got real

Pages (2) « 1 [2]