Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 23, 2012 7:45 AM

Aug 2010
Unfortunately, the test tube part made me cringe. And here I was thinking I'm doing fine with this aspect of the show. Oh well. The episode was okay, though it was a very interesting way of Urabe to understand herself. I guess she is the mysterious girlfriend for a reason...4/5.
Apr 23, 2012 12:15 PM

Mar 2012
This series is so weird, and yet I'll keep watching anyway! Lol @ the ending!
Apr 23, 2012 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
omfg >.> Who would drink a test tube of drool. -throws up in mouth-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2012 1:24 PM

Mar 2008
Homolust said:
What a fucking SLUT.

Holy shit, Urabe went from pure maiden to fucking slut in just 20 minutes. Dropped so hard.

Good for you.
If you continue watching would die when you see what Ueno do.
Apr 23, 2012 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
Still fun. Pantsu and drool galore.
The BGM is awesome.

4/5
Apr 23, 2012 4:12 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome as always.
I demand a episode with a date.
Apr 23, 2012 4:18 PM
Jun 2011
I'm guessing all the episode has to do with drools, so intense.
Apr 23, 2012 7:34 PM

Jan 2009
tht ending nosebleed lolololo
Apr 24, 2012 1:38 AM

Oct 2011
this and sankarea are my two favorites of the season - truly amazing adaptation of the manga - romance at it's best (and weirdest)!
Apr 24, 2012 3:21 AM

Mar 2008
I kinda like Urabe in how she does things differently although shes uber distantly cold seemingly

and lawl at all the people grossed out. Whenever you kiss someone saliva is exchanged. Whenever you share a drink with someone saliva is exchanged from the backwash.
traedApr 24, 2012 3:25 AM
Apr 24, 2012 5:35 AM

Jun 2010
It's weird. I totally understand all those who are grossed out of their minds by this series and yet I also understand the people who like it. And I'm not "in-between", I'm in both groups. It's pretty weird.

Then again, I think I'll drop it after all. I may pick up the manga instead (which I dropped some time ago for no other reason than "I need time in my life, let's keep it to my true favourites only"). The story is pretty nice, because I know it's more relationships/characters oriented... but the whole drool thing is much more disturbing when you see it "in motion" and even HEAR it! Seriously, Urabe, stop making those noises, I can't even!
Apr 24, 2012 5:43 AM

Jul 2010
traed said:
I kinda like Urabe in how she does things differently although shes uber distantly cold seemingly.

And sometimes...

She isn't!

Tsun-dere - in perfect balance! What a woman!
Apr 25, 2012 8:15 AM

Nov 2010
Shit, I love this show. Never fails to elicit surprises and unexpected twists. Best unconventional romcom in my life. xD

And, LOL, stop whining about the drool!
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 25, 2012 1:30 PM
Mar 2009
drool is grossin me out but its still watchable
tho the emoish char design still saddens me

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Apr 25, 2012 9:25 PM

Feb 2012
it is really nasty but i still love it lol
Apr 25, 2012 10:09 PM

Aug 2008
Am I the only one who thinks the drool is really hot?

Anyway, great episode. Love the characters. Urabe is CUTEx1000000 ^^
Apr 26, 2012 10:16 AM

Feb 2012
Good anime but the drool makes me cringe. No seriously i have to close my eyes when watching the drool scene. Other than that it's prett good. 4.8/5 so far. But i dont see myself dropping this anime or even thinking of dropping it. It's that interesting
Apr 26, 2012 5:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
People have low tolerance for nasty stuffs apparently. I wish I could be that innocent lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 28, 2012 7:42 AM

Mar 2008
zensunni said:
traed said:
I kinda like Urabe in how she does things differently although shes uber distantly cold seemingly.

And sometimes...

She isn't!

Nope, she is Kuudere.
Cold and calm, kind and hearty only with a feel loved persons.
Apr 30, 2012 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
PaninaManina said:
zensunni said:
traed said:

And sometimes...

She isn't!

Nope, she is Kuudere.
Cold and calm, kind and hearty only with a feel loved persons.

The panty scissors attacks do suggest a touch of tsun, but there is a strong kuu tendency as well. (But she is only rarely warm to Tsubaki... making those moments all the more special.)
Apr 30, 2012 1:22 PM

Jul 2010
akutasame94 said:
supermegasonic said:
glitchhunter said:
This series is pretty good so far. It's not usually the type of anime I like. The drool consumption is still grossing me out though...

i feels the same way exactly, kinda glad im watching this week by week, i dont think i can handle this in a marathon run.
akutasame94 said:
Well I don't understand what is so nasty... Ever heard of french kiss? The one where you put your wet slimy tongue into your partners mouth... You pretty much exchange some saliva, this is just different method...

thats during the kiss though. you dont go putting ur saliva in a test tube so someone could save it for late.

True, but generally speaking, isn't it the same?

not necessarily. when you kiss, the saliva goes from one mouth to another. there's no third party or anything in between that

May 7, 2012 1:03 AM

Jun 2009
TheLazySloth said:
Dropped at the moment she put saliva in the test tube.

That is rather disturbing I have to say... I mean... come on...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2012 11:26 PM

Jul 2010
Funny, weird and unpredictable i like it. An anime revolved around drool lol
Jun 25, 2012 6:39 AM

Aug 2010
I was fine with the first 2 episodes but this drool concept is finally starting to gross me out. Guess I'll give it another episode or two.
Other than that I find this series quite enjoyable.
Jul 2, 2012 2:07 AM

Sep 2011
Gawd this anime is something else. :)
Jul 4, 2012 5:39 AM

Jan 2012
i guess if people can't get past the drool, you may as-well just drop it now....

the ending to this had me in tears, although she kinda got me annoyed when she went through the process with the other kid, it didn't feel like she likes him at all, and the only thing that stopped her from saying no was the compatibility issue, really felt for him

other than that though, loving this anime, totally unique.. although not for everyone by any means!
Aug 10, 2012 3:21 PM

Jan 2012
saliva fetish anyone?

dem jap and their creativity.... I swear

Voice and saliva still doesn't sit well with me.. but tolerable... will keep going as long as I could
Aug 19, 2012 12:46 PM
Aug 2012
Guess I'm the only one who thinks the saliva thing is kinda hot (minus the test tube part. Even that was a bit much for me) but no matter how you look at it that dream Tsubaki had was pretty cool lol
Aug 27, 2012 3:40 PM

Nov 2011
Haha, this anime is really interesting! Looking forward to what it has to offer ^^.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 30, 2012 3:48 PM

May 2012
Great and funny episode though quite cheating imo as their only thing as bf and gf "the drool bond" she tried it with someone else...

Well not a bad episode, up to the next one!
Sep 1, 2012 5:34 PM

Jul 2012
Got used to the saliva part by now. But this anime is definitely something else then any other one's I've watched ⊙ω⊙
Sep 8, 2012 9:35 PM

Mar 2009
It seemed like she rejected him just because he didn't react in the "right" way.
Sep 17, 2012 5:36 PM
Sep 2012
Why am I watching this, in icant stop lol.
Oct 1, 2012 1:31 AM
Oct 2012
I also like the Episode 3 of Nazo no Kanojo X and my fav character is KajiKaji, and it's true that episode is getting better and better day by day i just love to watch the episodes and I'm waiting for the next episodes.
Locksmith Mount Laurel
Locksmiths Cambridge
Dec 12, 2012 1:01 PM
Nov 2012
So let me get this straight, she wanted to see if this bond she shared with the MC wasn't exclusive, so she tried to see if she could share it with someone else as well?
Is that about right?
Feb 7, 2013 8:02 PM

Dec 2012
Eh it was predictable
Feb 25, 2013 2:38 PM

Sep 2012
randompadley said:
i guess if people can't get past the drool, you may as-well just drop it now....

the ending to this had me in tears, although she kinda got me annoyed when she went through the process with the other kid, it didn't feel like she likes him at all, and the only thing that stopped her from saying no was the compatibility issue, really felt for him

other than that though, loving this anime, totally unique.. although not for everyone by any means!

i agree totally, & also with MC, she is hes GF so she shod have say no straight away when this guy confessed!!! MC shod have given her his drool so she cold feel what he dose, the drool thing works both ways
Sugram22Feb 25, 2013 4:19 PM
Mar 8, 2013 3:13 AM

Sep 2012
drewzm said:
So let me get this straight, she wanted to see if this bond she shared with the MC wasn't exclusive, so she tried to see if she could share it with someone else as well?
Is that about right?

i think its more like that she wanted to prove that this bond she shared with the MC is exclusive & she cant share it with someone else as, but also u mite be right, in this EP she pissed me off
Jun 30, 2013 10:59 PM

Nov 2012
heh.. so ueno has a girlfriend? he.. oka pretty too.. but urabe is prettier :p

lol XD in the end they are (urabe and tsubaki) not kissing XD
she is just giving her drool.. just like usually.. but this one with some "flavor" LOL

btw got some fanservice in this episode XD urabe take a shower XD
Jul 11, 2013 7:48 AM

Jun 2008
The vial full of saliva was a bit gross, even more than in the manga.

And... he kept her panties :D

Jul 11, 2013 8:05 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I tried my BEST to watch this anime but after 3 episodes, I decided it isn't worth it. The characters are impossible to like, the plot is trash, and even the ecchi scenes leave much to be desired. My brain isn't so far gone that I could put up with any more episodes. I'd like to preserve my precious brain cells so I have DROPPED this garbage. Score: 3/10.
LoliconJul 11, 2013 8:13 PM
Aug 19, 2013 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
this anime is odd as hell
Dec 8, 2013 9:48 AM

Sep 2011
tigerz said:
TheLocalHentai said:
it was weird to watch her "test" her compatibility with some other guy. It sorta looked like cheating to me.

jayyg said:
Good ep. although i found it disrespectful when she went through the process of testing this other guy out......why is that even necessary when you already have a boyfriend idk, would she had left him if she found someone more compatible ? IDK but from her actions is sure looks that way

Yes, agree with both. The only thing that ties the two together is their drool. It has a special meaning for both of them. Therefore, if she shares her drool with another guy it is pretty much cheating.

kwills88 said:

She wasn't trying to be disrespectful it wasn't about testing that guy but more so testing their bond, she wanted to see if their relationship was truly unique and special by testing it on another guy.

So by that logic, your girlfriend can go around kissing other guys because she is doing it to see how strong the bond is between the two of you and whether or not the sparks can be replicated with another person? Good intentions doesn't make an act okay by itself.

kiz-chan said:

I don't see what is so weird in leaving someone if you find some other person more compatible to you. She even told him she was going to do it, so she didn't betray him at all. If he didn't like her behavior he should have said it clearly, or ended it there.

The thing is, they are in a relationship and not just dating. Saying you are going to cheat on someone and then cheating on them doesn't make it okay. You can't just leave a relationship because someone else is more compatible. Otherwise you are just using the guy until you find something better. That is very bad in my book. She should be the one to dump him if she is having doubts and wants to play the field.

Thank you for that. Babe I told the girl who confessed to me I'll give her a answer tomorrow. Babe I'll only kissed her to test if our bond was truly unique after that I told her no. Stop lying to yourselves doesn't that sound like cheating to you? Would you be cool if you girlfriend did this no. So don't try to pretty up what Urabe did because it's a anime. Urabe cheated plain and simple.

Also just cause it was drool and not a kiss doesn't mean anything, they share their bond by swapping drool and she knows that.
Jan 20, 2014 7:57 PM

Jul 2012
Drool drool drool, drool is the bond (x4)
Don`t you know, about the drool, everybody knows that the drool is the bond!
(sing it with "bird is the world theme)

I was LMAOing at the end, that epic nosebleed!
Mar 17, 2014 12:39 AM

Jul 2009
Wow what a great episode :D

Lol is best friend already has a GF, yet he hid it from him :P

I really enjoyed Urabe's scissor attacks XD

I think Tsubaki's dream when Urabe surprise kiss her and said they shouldn't do it out of the blue is a reflection on what would happen to him later that day. Funny thing is they did went to a park and Urabe asks Tsubaki if he wants to kiss out of nowhere. Good thing he didn't succumb to his desires and instead should take their moment one at a time.

I think it's clear that Urabe understands Tsubaki and she's glad that he too understands her as well.

As for the saliva testing on another boy. She only wanted to know if her feelings to Tsubaki are real and not some random by choice. And please tell me how was she cheating? She only gave her saliva and nothing more, they didn't kiss or did anything that backstabs Tsubaki. Some say it's indirect kissing, well why is indirect kissing considered cheating? So if a girl drinks a bottle and a stalker manages to snatch it and kissed it does that mean the girl was cheating? Does giving your used water bottle to the opposite sex when your already in a relationship is considered cheating?

Applying Western mindset of relationship is different from an Asian point of view. It almost NEVER works. What you see here is a representation of a more subtle approach and not direct. Western relationships are always have to be direct and straight to the point. Urabe just wanted to know how special her relationship with Tsubaki.

For all we know she may have done this to other guys back then.

This show definitely showed some interesting points about on how to carry a relationship. The drooling parts are just a unique way to represent their love and trust to one another. People are just being distracted by erotic nature of it and are missing the point of the show.

Wearing nothing throughout the school day can make your heart beat faster for sure! Tsubaki nose bleeds once more after seeing that ass :D

Really enjoying the series so far!!! I hope to see more of these kind scenes for sure!!
Jul 8, 2014 1:28 AM

Oct 2013
lol thought it was a little weird that she didn't reject him right away but i guess she had to be sure that her's and Tsubaki bond was special . it was cute in its own way
I though she was wearing black panties XD
haha great show so far
[/quote]
Jul 10, 2014 9:35 PM
May 2014
this show is pretty weird but its growing on me. The drool bond is gross.
Dec 11, 2014 5:29 PM
Dec 2014
One of the weirder shows I've seen latily.

I am a little bummed out. Can't believe she tested that other guy the way she did.
Apr 15, 2015 3:39 PM

Dec 2013
weirdest romance animu ever confirmed
Aug 8, 2015 2:19 AM
Jul 2015
gnosyks said:
What a fucking SLUT.

Holy shit, Urabe went from pure maiden to fucking slut in just 20 minutes. Dropped so hard.

Totally agree when she put the fucking drool into that dude mouth
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2012

121 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 2, 2012

82 by Aoboba »»
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 30, 2012

176 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 14, 2:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.