Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2012 5:21 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm really enjoying these fillers, wish they had shown more of Sasuke's and Naruto's fight and the moment when Kakashi talked to Sasuke.
Apr 19, 2012 5:31 AM
Mar 2012
Zhou said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm really enjoying these fillers, wish they had shown more of Sasuke's and Naruto's fight and the moment when Kakashi talked to Sasuke.

I disagree, after the entire filler arc on the boat (which was accually pretty nice as it was new content) i was hoping for some good action :(
Apr 19, 2012 5:46 AM

Feb 2011
Last filler?
Apr 19, 2012 6:31 AM

Feb 2012
DreamingSasha said:

I disagree, after the entire filler arc on the boat (which was accually pretty nice as it was new content) i was hoping for some good action :(

But do you think they are bad, what's bothering you is the fact that they interrupted the flow, right?

Venneria said:
Last filler?

Nope, one more to go.
Apr 19, 2012 11:11 AM

Dec 2007
This episode was directed by Noriyuki Abe
Apr 19, 2012 12:40 PM

Feb 2011
It's actually quite nice hearing the old OST, it was epic after all :P

Apr 19, 2012 2:50 PM

Dec 2011
Is it just me or the conversation of Kakashi and Jiraiya has more words than I thought?

Anyways, love the fight on the hospital. It was nice seeing it again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2012 4:26 PM

Aug 2011
wow i am going to SOB at the next filler/episode ;A;
Apr 19, 2012 5:27 PM

Jun 2010
Next filler is last. I think this is the third one. Four weeks of filler and we are done.

Apr 19, 2012 6:58 PM

Dec 2011
One or two fillers are ok. Tbh, I skimmed this ep. Glad to know that next week is the last filler before the war.
Apr 19, 2012 8:45 PM

Mar 2012
That does it, although I've skipped the last 100 filler episodes or so, this anime is riddled with filler and does not look that it will ever have a run without 20+ filler episodes every 5-6 months. Dropping it.
Apr 19, 2012 9:45 PM

Sep 2008
Ah, nostalgic. Sasuke's eyes at the end were crazy-looking. It'll be interesting seeing the last part before the end of the first series. More interesting though was that they internally didn't want to fight each other at that time. Must have been frustration all around.

On a note, I find it sad that people drop a series because it has what they think is too much filler scenarios. In my opinion and because I don't read much manga, I find it refreshing that creators or producers come up with different stories to entertain us while they continue the true story in its manga so they don't have to "end" or take an extend a break from the anime. That's all I'm saying.
gdc_anime1989Apr 19, 2012 9:54 PM
Apr 19, 2012 10:00 PM
Aug 2011
Zhou said:

I don't understand how you can enjoy something we have seen before and not only originally but in multiple flashbacks.
Apr 20, 2012 2:09 AM
Mar 2010
The only excuse for these fillers must be bc the naruto vs sasuke fight is finally coming up soon. It better be dam good.
Apr 20, 2012 2:13 AM

Mar 2012
Really lame, I liked where they were going with the first recap (just make faster action scenes and take out all the dialogue) but this one is just..... a recap. Although I liked the Jiraya-Kakashi moment.
End Zionazism
Apr 20, 2012 2:33 AM
Feb 2008
Dr_Smurph said:
Zhou said:

I don't understand how you can enjoy something we have seen before and not only originally but in multiple flashbacks.

Thank you sir. Not only do we get flashbacks of these very same scenes but didn't we technically see a bit of this in the leaf history filler.

Out of the episodes this month this one was nice by ONE REASON alone. It gave us Sasuke and Naruto true emotions at the time. They really didn't know if they could beat each other and Sasuke did truly not just acknowledge Naruto's strength but somewhat praised it.

Still I didn't need a series of filler episodes between that. It would have just been nice to stick it into our millions of flashbacks to the EXACT SAME SCENE. JEEZ

This filler did interrupt the pace of the story and it's doesn't sit well with me to get pumped for the war and then boom....filler.
Apr 20, 2012 3:15 AM

Feb 2012
Dr_Smurph said:
Zhou said:

Because I like it, that's all.

bautrey37 said:
The only excuse for these fillers must be bc the naruto vs sasuke fight is finally coming up soon. It better be dam good.

No chance, they haven't even fought in the manga yet.
Apr 20, 2012 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
I reaaally wanted to see Kakashi's talk with Sasuke. They never show that in flashbacks, but I loved that part, it was really beautiful.
It's cool though. This time around, I really felt Sasuke's pain and humiliation in front of Itachi. It must've messed with his mind and with Orochimaru, just drove him to need more power. I felt like Itachi could've handled Sasuke better XD He was honestly toying with his feelings, no matter for how good a reason it was. He should never have given Sasuke that much of a desire for revenge. :(

I"m loving these fillers. The new monologues inside Sasuke and Naruto's heads are really interesting. I've always wanted a new perspective on things, and this has helped a lot. I can't wait for next episode. I hope they show the scene where Sasuke leaves Sakura.. I'd love to know Sasuke's thoughts then, being the die-hard SasuSaku fan I am :)
I have to admit though, seeing these old episodes I really remember how wonderful the love Naruto had for Sakura was, and still is. I don't think I'll ever be a NaruSaku fan, but I'm starting to appreciate the notion more :D

5/5 - Really well-paced. Can't wait for next episode!
Apr 20, 2012 6:32 PM

Sep 2011
I liked how they showed what they were thinking before they fought. xD
Apr 21, 2012 11:58 AM

Apr 2010
Next week we will get to see parts of one of the best fights in the entire Naruto series again.
I don't really mind these flashbacks for ones there focused on the most importuned parts in the series and the remind me of allot.
Shame we didn't get to see the Zabusa fight tho.
Apr 21, 2012 6:07 PM

Jul 2007
I wonder if the popular naruto Vs sasuske fight coming up on the next episode will have completely new quality animation, that would be freaken sweet as the last episode for this filler.

Apr 21, 2012 6:31 PM

Sep 2008
Sweet!
I actually liked watching all 3 eps of this recap, so-called "filler".

Inner monologues were really great! Jiraiya's and Kakashi's speech was awesome, too!
(Heck, I don't care if it's a recap. In my situation, I almost improved my English level from 0 to 70% of my current level by marathoning the 1st season and picking words from here and there. So, it's been really great watching the most important scenes and being able to understand everything that's happenning with my current knowledge of events that happened in the 2nd season.)

5/5!

Can't wait for the last ep of recaps~!!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Apr 22, 2012 4:19 PM

Jul 2009
Ah Naruto and Sasuke's interrupted fight...good times.
Apr 27, 2012 11:32 AM

Mar 2010
good ol times
Apr 29, 2012 7:07 PM

Dec 2008
Another flashback episode! Itachi mind #!#$! Sasuke into

embrasing the dark side of hatred. Other than that, nothing

interesting. Next episode will be fun though.
May 27, 2012 12:30 AM

Apr 2011
Fiji said:
Is it just me or the conversation of Kakashi and Jiraiya has more words than I thought?

Anyways, love the fight on the hospital. It was nice seeing it again.

Yeah it seems new monologues and different perspectives.. Better than the way they used to do the flashbacks for sure.
Jun 3, 2012 11:31 PM

Jan 2012
sasuke-chan

LOLOLOLOL

EIEN DESS > Naruto SD.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 1, 2012 3:00 AM

Jul 2008
Not bad for a recap.
Aug 19, 2012 8:55 AM

Mar 2010
WEll its going fast so not really that bothered, but I guess I am really wondering why we are watching these really old events....

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 18, 2014 1:46 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good for a recap. It's nice seeing older episodes in better animation quality.
Sep 22, 2014 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
So nice recap episodes; I'm loving it.
One more to go *.*
Dec 4, 2014 3:41 AM
May 2012
The rooftop fight scene was nice when they showed us what is going on inside Naruto and Sasuke's head. I wish that is what really happened.
May 30, 2016 9:44 PM

Mar 2013
wow.... over a year since the last comment.. i just gotta say i feel like i have to watch these fillers even though i know the content.. w.e
Apr 23, 2017 12:13 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This episode continues the recap, and here we can watch the "break" between Naruto and Sasuke, because Sasuke want power and to be stronger to defeat his brother and Naruto too!!!
Jun 5, 2017 3:13 AM

Dec 2012
little shocked there's already fillers hahaha

I really loved Tayuya from the sound 4 when it first aired omg this takes me back
Apr 19, 2019 4:21 PM
Jul 2009
Still boring and pointless 1/5
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 30, 2019 7:25 AM

Mar 2015
Recaps but with Sasuke's inner thoughts
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 11, 2020 11:29 AM

Nov 2019
I miss these conversations between Kakashi-Sensei and Jiraiya-Sama .. RIP Jiraiya-Sama :(
Jun 27, 2020 1:45 PM

Mar 2019
I wish they showed the conversation between Sasuke and Kakashi, when he told Sasuke that all his friends died.That was a great moment.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 6, 2020 10:42 PM

Jan 2020
good to see Jiraiya again
Apr 13, 2021 12:26 PM
May 2019
okay there were differences between the OG and this one sasuke outright challenged naruto to fight him while he was bedridden, he didnt refused sakura's apple like that also Naruto didnt smiled to Sakura after the fight in fact he's also upset at sasuke and he told sakura not to interfere those two were changes from the OG there were also noticeable changes here and there but nothing major like sasuke and naruto's action in the hospital :)
Apr 14, 2021 10:29 PM

Jun 2019
tlyltc_noplkyou said:
okay there were differences between the OG and this one sasuke outright challenged naruto to fight him while he was bedridden, he didnt refused sakura's apple like that also Naruto didnt smiled to Sakura after the fight in fact he's also upset at sasuke and he told sakura not to interfere those two were changes from the OG there were also noticeable changes here and there but nothing major like sasuke and naruto's action in the hospital :)

By OG, do you mean manga? I remember Sasuke tossing the apples the same way in the original anime :O
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 14, 2021 10:42 PM

Jun 2019
This flashback episode is better than the first 2 because:

1. It shows Sasuke's growing insecurities that may not have been emphasized before. It also helps you understand better what pushed him to leave Konoha.

2. it gave us more insight to what both Naruto and Sasuke were really thinking prior to their fight at the hospital. It made their bond seem more real when you realize they weren't really just throwing insults at each other.
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 15, 2021 12:45 AM
May 2019
llolzcalai said:
tlyltc_noplkyou said:

By OG, do you mean manga? I remember Sasuke tossing the apples the same way in the original anime :O

my bad I've rewatched the OG anime and ye sasuke did refused the apples I ended up watching the rest of the episode the fight was amazing
Oct 11, 2021 11:57 PM

Feb 2021
Ok they added a few new shots but that doesn't change the fact that this flashback was still a waste of time. It's repeatedly the same shit over and over again! How many times does we need to be reminded that Sasuke had left the village in search of power ups from Orochi?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.