Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 19, 2012 10:37 AM

Nov 2010
malame said:
Solkiskey said:
Arashi89 said:
No wedding on scene.
You'll never see Akito as best man and Kaya as bridesmaid.
You'll never see Ashirogi Muto's children.
You'll never see anymore of Eiji.
Fukuda will never be happy.
You'll never see Hiramaru and Aoki marry either.

This ending is as disappointing as the Mass Effect 3 one, only instead of having three colors to pick we have only two: black and white.

I feel like chapter 175-176 were both rushed as heck.

same here...

Probably what most people feel right now, it just felt weird how it ended...
Apr 19, 2012 10:42 AM
Oct 2008
Man... Bakuman was great from start to end... well I guess after all these years I should finally pick up Death Note... been neglecting that for awhile now...
Apr 19, 2012 10:45 AM

Dec 2007
Although I expected more for the ending like a Time Skip of some years seeing them Married and Happy that ending was still ok.

However at the same time i have this unsettling feeling that im not completley statisfied wit the ending...
Apr 19, 2012 10:45 AM

May 2010
So. CUTE! <3
KISSSS~
>_<
:D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 19, 2012 11:12 AM

Aug 2008
I like the cover!

It ended... it felt too short, and I thought I would see more aftermath (Kaya and co.)!!
Apr 19, 2012 11:14 AM

Sep 2008
No wedding scene...
No other characters...

I am disappoint.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2012 11:35 AM
Nov 2009
Would have liked a wedding scene a lot but I can't really complain. It's almost awkward how much I was relating to everything they were saying. I understand that awkward embarrassed feel!
Apr 19, 2012 11:54 AM

Sep 2009
Wow that seemed short. A lot of the recent chapters have.

I'm a little disappointed that the chapter ended where it did. Maybe just a few more pages with a shot of the actual wedding or something. I dunno. I'm happy that it happened (not like it wouldn't though) but a little more and I feel like it would have been perfect. Damn.
Apr 19, 2012 12:31 PM
Nov 2010
This was a really good manga^^ I loved the characters and am somewhat disappointed, but i can't help but be glad they're not gonna ruin it by drawing it on and on, and you can already see how it was going to end by what they were writing about Reversi...

I'm sure there'll be an epilogue chapter or two, can't wait to see what they come up with next ;D
Apr 19, 2012 12:36 PM

Jul 2009
BAHAHHAHAHA.
FERRARI 458 SPIDER.
RICH.
Apr 19, 2012 12:42 PM

Mar 2012
It was a fine ending IMO,you don't have to show everything that happened or will happen to make it count.
Apr 19, 2012 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
wait so why is it called bakuman?
Apr 19, 2012 12:51 PM

Jun 2011
It's a nice way to end it - a trip down memory lane, back to the place where stuff started, if they had more pages, I wouldn't have been surprised if they went to their middle school.

As much as I like sentimental stuff, it really differs from the high tension and thrills I got waiting for the next chapter of Bakuman, as essentially, the manga is about manga, so it should have kept that in mind rather than end on the subplot of romance.

What I mean to say is, at least end it with Mashio and Takagi working in manga - How nice would it have been to have the last page of the final chapter with the work room empty after they finished work that day, with "Bakuman" written on the paper on the desk?
(Their new work (this could be after something like a time skip) would be an autobiographical manga xD)

Well, let's all look forward to their next work - and as the pattern goes, it's going to be something completely different (Remember Death Note -> Bakuman xD?). I wonder what it could be about O.o
Apr 19, 2012 1:39 PM

Nov 2007
anti climatic. I would have liked to seen what their next work would be, or more on what the other characters were up to. I didn't care much for the marriage, but even more of them together.

overall great series though.
Apr 19, 2012 2:16 PM

Aug 2010
Ah what a great manga so sad to see it end.
Ending was ok a little anti-climactic but good
Apr 19, 2012 2:25 PM

Jan 2009
I was all giddy while reading this chapter. It was a nice ending, but I hope there'll be some kind of oneshot chapter in a few months to tie things up. I timeskip after another 10 years would be nice.

9/10
Apr 19, 2012 2:28 PM

Feb 2011
Damn its finally over, but that was such an anti climatic ending. I didn't expect it to end literally right after he proposed. I really wanted to see what happened to Eiji and all the other characters. Oh well it was still a decent ending.
Apr 19, 2012 2:38 PM

Aug 2011
DA FAK happened!?
What the hell happened to everyone else, and the other manga publications and what not, so much left out......
Apr 19, 2012 2:43 PM

Mar 2010
I guess I am in the minority, but I thought the ending was perfect. It encapsulated the manga as a whole and came full circle. Plotwise, Bakuman was indeed a manga about manga, but at heart, it was about a pure, love story, one that spanned two generations, that finally came to fruition. I mean, that was what motivated them so much in the first place, and now that all that hard work has paid off, what else is there to add? I guess it'd be a little nice to get an epilogue chapter, which may be added as an extra in the printed volume, but for me, it would just be a little more icing on the cake.
Apr 19, 2012 3:14 PM

Nov 2011
Fantastic. I enjoyed the ending too. In my opinion, there was no need to add the other characters in the end. The only two that mattered were Azuki and Mashiro. Time to wait for the anime to wrap up too.
Apr 19, 2012 3:17 PM

Mar 2008
Where the fuck did he get Ferrari from? Oo
Apr 19, 2012 3:19 PM
Oct 2009
Hm.......... Not bad ending, but wasn't the best too.

Maybe the authors got bored and wanted to finish it to start a new series?

By the way, the end of Love Hina was better than this....
Apr 19, 2012 4:03 PM

Feb 2011
I agree with the user Cyrano from a couple posts above.
Honestly I didn't expect too much from Bakuman's ending to begin with, especially after having experienced DN's ending (and by that I mean that I didn't expect an expected ending, if that makes any sense...).
Yeah they could've probably given us some shonen-type-over-the-top sort of ending with fireworks and shit but they took the more humble approach instead, which fitted Mashiro's and Azuki's personalities better and was more faithful to the story too.
But I guess that it does suck that we didn't get to see Shujin though, since he was the one who drove Mashiro into this from the first place and you could say that he played a main role in Mashiro's and Azuki's relationship because of that. But I mean, did you expect him to sneak in the Ferrari's trunk or something?
I guess that some people didn't like the way it was handled due to being "too perfect/symbolic/rushed" or w/e but I found it to be rather satisfying that way.
Personally I liked it the way it was and I will admit that I even shed a tear at the end solely due to the realization of "it's really over isn't it?".

We might get the 'proper conclusion' though, as people are suggesting, eventually. But the main closure was done well enough so I'm fine either way.

What I'm gonna miss from Bakuman as a whole are the unique and lively characters it had - such as Nizuma, Hiramaru and Fukuda. Even editor characters such as Hattori (Akira) and Yoshida (who made a great comical duo with Hiramaro). And obviously Ashirogi Muto who drove the story.
It had many aspects which I liked such as the pure enthusiasm drive, overcoming hardships, even dealing with lack of sleep in order to meet the schedules (which was probably my favorite one since I could relate to it myself) ,and romance ofcourse (which ironically wasn't my main attraction to Bakuman though)

Overall Bakuman was an really inspirational manga with an rather clear message (should I really bother stating it?)- follow your dreams, believe in yourself, gamble for what you believe in...
In the end I think that anyone can interpret it the way they want to but your conclusion should be leaving you with the same sort of feeling, which is hopefully a positive one. Because I think that this is what the manga was truly trying to accomplish.

I think that Bakuman was a good ride and the note at the end of chapter brought my spirits up, seeing as I would greatly appreciate to see any future works by this duo.
CrouchezApr 19, 2012 4:06 PM
Apr 19, 2012 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed the ending. Simple, sweet and even comes full circle. Like a lot of people have said above, it's consistent with Mashiro/Azuki's more humble characters.

I'm going to miss this manga :'(
Apr 19, 2012 4:27 PM

Jul 2007
I think this'll look and probably feel more complete animated and with the first OP playing in the background.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Apr 19, 2012 4:34 PM
Apr 2011
Didn't like it nothing more to say.
Apr 19, 2012 4:42 PM
Mar 2011
I am sad to see this series go but that is how things go. my only wish is that their will be a little more like a time skip to see how they are (Did it for Death note) as i feel that we have just been left.
Apr 19, 2012 4:59 PM

Jul 2007
Pretty much what I expected. Good way to close it out.

9/10.

Death Note, Bakuman... Obata and Ohba have really set the bar high for their next outing together.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Apr 19, 2012 5:01 PM

Feb 2011
Not really a good ending. But oh well, that's because the romance between the two became somewhat boring over the time. At least, that's how I felt.

Masterpiece. One of the best manga, ever made.

9/10
Apr 19, 2012 5:03 PM
Apr 2012
If anything, it was too perfect, too neat. Hardest part to buy is that two people could barely talk to or see each other since 15, meet up 10 years later and wed without hitting any potholes. Not that I'm wishing it was dragged out with contrived circumstances.

viesiu said:
Where the fuck did he get Ferrari from? Oo

They are pulling in crazy royalties, no way he can't afford a Ferrari.

Fiji said:

And I feel that Azuki's kiss was kind of forced and not romantic...

Feh, what it was, was realistic. Real-life kisses ain't like the movies. Romance? There is plenty to be had in the simple dignity.

Lapan said:
Miho never got any real characterisation.

That's a strategy. First, the story isn't really about her anyway. Second, the more removed and mysterious her character, the more the reader can fill things in with their imagination- and nobody can make a girl more likeable than a guy's own imagination. Think of horror movies- the "creature" is always half-hidden or out of sight for most of the movie, making it all the more dramatic. Same tactic can be applied to romance stories. It's used in reverse in Twilight, where Bella is visible but purposely two-dimensional to allow self-projection onto her character.

Kuchenlight said:
Not really a good ending. But oh well, that's because the romance between the two became somewhat boring over the time. At least, that's how I felt.

I tend to agree. The irony is Takagi and Miyoshi are actually in my mind one of the more impressive love bits I've read. It's extremely subtle; it is going on the whole time but you only catch tiny glimpses of it. I was really impressed by the way it was conveyed.
stromyApr 19, 2012 5:09 PM
Apr 19, 2012 5:09 PM

Nov 2010
It's finally finished.. A cute kiss, but a weak end. Can't wait for Ohba and Obata's next piece!
Apr 19, 2012 5:34 PM

Jul 2008
I expected more. :\
At least to see other characters. What about Hiramaru!!!!!
Apr 19, 2012 6:03 PM

May 2009
beautiful ending, hope there is an epilogue though, I'm really gonna miss reading this series every week Q.Q

PS: Ohba-sensei, Obata-sensei, you better make an actual REVERSI manga, it seemed just way too awesome xD
Apr 19, 2012 6:42 PM
Aug 2010
PaulNamida said:
beautiful ending, hope there is an epilogue though, I'm really gonna miss reading this series every week Q.Q

PS: Ohba-sensei, Obata-sensei, you better make an actual REVERSI manga, it seemed just way too awesome xD

I agree with everything you just said :p! But I also think Money and Intelligence should be turned into one too, heck, most of the stories in it!. Some how I think some of the plot was based on their lives, like how they were told to extend a story and knew they had a perfect ending (ie. For Death Note), but in their case had to extend the story.
Apr 19, 2012 6:59 PM

Sep 2011
that's it? lol
well that was cute
but i kind of wanted to see the other characters..
like takagi, and like, eiji
and maybe even hiramaru and aoki's wedding or something :I
Apr 19, 2012 7:10 PM

Sep 2011
Anti-climatic is right, seriously... I feel Takagi didn't even matter that much, at least the way the ending handled it made it seem like that way. well anyways, I will probably miss this series.

Though Azuki, one of ht most boring heroines I have seen.(actually nearly all the girls these 2 made have been pretty bad...)
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 19, 2012 7:12 PM

Jan 2010
Was going well
But then it felt....cut off? Should've had a litte more.
But still, nice series.
Apr 19, 2012 7:17 PM

Jul 2010
I wish there was a bit more.
Apr 19, 2012 7:22 PM
Apr 2012
GodlyKyon said:

Though Azuki, one of ht most boring heroines I have seen.(actually nearly all the girls these 2 made have been pretty bad...)

Yea, it's a shame. They had opportunities to make her more interesting, like when it seemed like she was rethinking the whole "never see you until...", but they blew that opportunity.
Apr 19, 2012 7:23 PM

Oct 2011
Gosh, that just felt a little cut off at the end....... There should've been more.

And when the hell did Mashiro learn to drive??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2012 10:36 PM

Nov 2007
could have had a better ending maybe an epilogue

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Apr 19, 2012 10:49 PM

Apr 2009
Ah, I wanted to see an epilogue with the wedding... ;(((
Apr 20, 2012 1:21 AM
Jun 2011
T_T
Filled with mixed feelings right now
It feels like forever since Bakuman started and i used to wait every week to get a single chap which me me realise a lot
And now it ends and leaves me with a awesome sense of satisfaction adn dissatisfaction that this has ended

Hoping for a new work by this WONDER DUO
anmistoApr 20, 2012 6:24 AM
Apr 20, 2012 1:47 AM

Apr 2009
Welp looks like that's it. It was a fun ride. I'm saddened that Fukuda never found love. Oh well, he's a pretty cool guy, it'll happen.
Apr 20, 2012 2:54 AM

Jul 2010
Aw! I wanna see their wedding! Oh well. This is the last chapter.
Apr 20, 2012 3:01 AM

Apr 2008
I agree that the ending felt... off. It was obvious that this is how it would end but... it still felt sudden and a bit anti-climatic. the journey was amazing though. I very much look forward to their next work! Hopefully they get started on it right aways :D
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Apr 20, 2012 4:24 AM

Feb 2012
Bakuman got me into manga and showed me how manga is made and how hard it is. Thank you. Can't wait for what they are working on next.
Apr 20, 2012 7:16 AM

Feb 2010
That's it?

No Eiji, no cliffhangers, no wedding?
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 20, 2012 7:17 AM

Apr 2010
It would be nice if they made an epilogue just like what happened to Fullmetal Alchemist.
Apr 20, 2012 9:29 AM

Dec 2011
It was a good endning. but I am a bit dissapointed, I had really high expectations for the ending since Ashisogi wanted to make a really great ending for Reversi in the manga. I thought it kinda was Ohba and Obata's way of saying that the ending was going to be big... but maybe i'll just read the chapter again, maybe i missed something. but it was a good ending ^^

I look really forward to Ohba and Obata's next release
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.