MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

What's missing in the Story?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Tasogare Otome x Amnesia »» What's missing in the Story?

#1
04-18-12, 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1828
I've got all of the first six tankoubans now, and I am going over them to refresh my memory from the scans that I read. I have realized that there are a couple of odd things about this story:

1 - Just when is the story set? I can't remember seeing any pcs in the school or cellphones being used by the kids. I've been assuming that it is set in the here-and-now, but is it?

2 - I can't remember seeing Teiichi at home - do we know if he has a family?
 
#2
04-20-12, 3:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5362
Where did you order the tankoubons?

1. Puh, I'm not sure about, maybe it's written on some papers like the measurements results but I don't think it's present time.

2. We don't know but I find it to be very strange for a 12-year old boy to live alone, he probably lives with a relative if not with his parents. The only chance when we could get to see his home would be if Yuuko could suddenly leave the school ground and I'm honestly hoping for that.
 
#3
04-20-12, 3:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1828
Zhou said:
Where did you order the tankoubons?

1. Puh, I'm not sure about, maybe it's written on some papers like the measurements results but I don't think it's present time.

2. We don't know but I find it to be very strange for a 12-year old boy to live alone, he probably lives with a relative if not with his parents. The only chance when we could get to see his home would be if Yuuko could suddenly leave the school ground and I'm honestly hoping for that.


I ordered the tankoubans from Amazon Japan. They have a really good, fast service and are very reliable. But you do need to be able to read a fair amount of business kanji in order to navigate their site.

As far as Yuuko leaving the school grounds - my be is that she can't as long as her bones are there. And I wonder what happens if her bones are moved.
 
#4
04-20-12, 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5362
dbaranyi said:

I ordered the tankoubans from Amazon Japan. They have a really good, fast service and are very reliable. But you do need to be able to read a fair amount of business kanji in order to navigate their site.

As far as Yuuko leaving the school grounds - my be is that she can't as long as her bones are there. And I wonder what happens if her bones are moved.

Hm, business kanji, I have a denshi jisho and there is a good online dictionary, I really want the tankoubons. Can you tell me how much shipping costs?

Yeah, I hope they try to get her off the school ground, Yuuko at Teiichi's home would be great. As long as they don't burn her remains she should be alright I think, they never tried to move the bones but they might since the old school building is going to be demolished.
 
#5
04-20-12, 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1828
Zhou said:
dbaranyi said:

I ordered the tankoubans from Amazon Japan. They have a really good, fast service and are very reliable. But you do need to be able to read a fair amount of business kanji in order to navigate their site.

As far as Yuuko leaving the school grounds - my be is that she can't as long as her bones are there. And I wonder what happens if her bones are moved.

Hm, business kanji, I have a denshi jisho and there is a good online dictionary, I really want the tankoubons. Can you tell me how much shipping costs?

Yeah, I hope they try to get her off the school ground, Yuuko at Teiichi's home would be great. As long as they don't burn her remains she should be alright I think, they never tried to move the bones but they might since the old school building is going to be demolished.


It usually costs me about $35 CDN (25 Euro) for 2 day delivery for under a kilo of books/magazines. You would need to check out their website for costs to where you are. IIRC, you might be able to see the Shipping Pages in English.

The easiest way to search Amazon.JP is to copy the kanji title of a book or magazine and paste it into the site's search box. The search engine doesn't handle English well - it keeps on giving English language books.
 
#6
04-20-12, 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1828
Okay, I went back to the actually issue of Joker and looked at the unscanned chapter. The Health Records are dated October 6, 2010, and Yuuko's old records are dated in the mid-to-late 90s.

So the story is set in the present day, but it must be in an alternate universe where kids don't have pcs, cellphones, hand held games and so on... very odd...
 
#7
04-20-12, 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5362
dbaranyi said:
Okay, I went back to the actually issue of Joker and looked at the unscanned chapter. The Health Records are dated October 6, 2010, and Yuuko's old records are dated in the mid-to-late 90s.

So the story is set in the present day, but it must be in an alternate universe where kids don't have pcs, cellphones, hand held games and so on... very odd...


Thanks for the info on shipping costs.

Oh, so it is present time. Yeah, it's really strange for them to not have that stuff. But there were actually no situations where they had use for it so far. Until now I would've assumed that it takes place in the early 90s.
 
#8
04-27-12, 8:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1828
Okay, I just read Chapter 33 in the May 2012 issue of Gangan Joker and for the first time that I remember there are both a laptop and a printer. While Kirie and Teiichi are talking in a library or study room, in the background Yuuko plays with a laptop keyboard. Momoe is then startled when a printer starts up by itself, and is terrified when a page is printed out with the words, “Watashi wa Yuuko” repeated all over the page. Yuuko watches Momoe's reaction from nearby.

So I guess that the school has strict rule against the students carrying pcs, cells, or games in the school.
 
#9
04-30-12, 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5362
Ah, you're ahead of me :/

But it should be the first time we've get to see those.
 
Top
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices