Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2012 6:26 AM

May 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Quincey's attack Ichigo.

The sandle mystery in the SS was because of the Kurotsuchi? (mad mad scientist captain)

Everything going on now is all Yamamoto's fault for not killing some man in the past. >:O - I'm going to assume he was also a quincey, but idk yet. IMO he looks like Zangetsu a bit. XD
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 18, 2012 6:33 AM

Oct 2011
Glad to see Rukia and the other lieutenants again :3
and yeah that guy did look sorta like zangetsu, especially in the last panel.
This arc is definitely getting better. I'm looking forward to see what happens next.
Apr 18, 2012 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
This arc is going to be the best of all arc! Amazing chapter, i want more;)
Apr 18, 2012 6:46 AM

Jan 2012
1000 years ago, damn, I'd still forget someone that strong If I've lived for over 1000 years
Apr 18, 2012 6:47 AM

May 2010
i mean ok i can accept that shinigami and people in SS live for hundreds to thousands of years and if we assume that the "man" they are talking about is that quincy leader guy and from my understanding quincy are living people y does he still live ? o_0

it COULD be that he died a human death and would be a quincy again as a spirit but if we assume this shit would't ichigo getting a secound life too if he died as human ?

cant buy this shit kubo really...

maybe a flaw in my thoughts somewere but thats how i understand it
Apr 18, 2012 6:47 AM

May 2011
Damn, looks like the rebellion is going to start soon!
Apr 18, 2012 7:03 AM

Jun 2009
...Kubo sure studied his german, huh?

(why do they keep switching between german and spanish? Make up your mind already)
Apr 18, 2012 7:04 AM

Nov 2008
Ape said:
i mean ok i can accept that shinigami and people in SS live for hundreds to thousands of years and if we assume that the "man" they are talking about is that quincy leader guy and from my understanding quincy are living people y does he still live ? o_0

it COULD be that he died a human death and would be a quincy again as a spirit but if we assume this shit would't ichigo getting a secound life too if he died as human ?

Yeah I think it's like that, don't know about Ichigo's situation, maybe if he dies as a human his soul (shinigami body) also dies, it's a rare case...

We got good information, and the battles are comming.
Apr 18, 2012 7:07 AM
Dec 2010
Hey, the plot's moving! I really like this arc, it shifted into gear in almost no time at all and has kept the pace ever since. Really good stuff.

Love the discord between Mayuri and Yamamoto. More of that, please ^^
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Apr 18, 2012 7:11 AM

May 2009
So, Yama and the Vandenreich leader go way back. I wonder how Aizen will fit into all this. And let's not forget the Soul King. The suspense surrounding this arc just keeps building up.
Apr 18, 2012 7:37 AM

Aug 2010
The tension keeps building, I love it. :D

Maybe the Vandenreich's leader is a shinigami who was the first person to learn and master the quincy teaching. (Quincies aren't only limited to humans is it? Correct me if I'm wrong). Then Yama either didn't deem it dangerous and let him off or he really just couldn't kill the guy. Or maybe the leader is his son. LOL Or maybe......*the list goes on* xD

grandy_UiD said:

(why do they keep switching between german and spanish? Make up your mind already)
German for Vandenreich group, Spanish for Arrancar group.
Apr 18, 2012 7:47 AM

Mar 2011
Ha! Wasn't it a 1000 years ago when Yamato took over as the Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 and started up the academy?

Hmmm...so it seems like the quincy were in charge of everything back then and the shinigami took over to restore balance, but ultimately failed!
Apr 18, 2012 8:02 AM
Jan 2012
Ape said:

I think it's quite obvious by now that a Quincy doesn't have to be human, nor Shinigami dead. Didn't Fullbring Arc make it clear?
Apr 18, 2012 8:09 AM
Feb 2011
I believe there was said at some point of the manga, that you need to defeat (I think kill) the captain of a division that you wan't to become captain of if you try it by force. I believe that's how Kenpachi got his position. I believe the same was said about Captain-Commander's postion (something along the lines, that there is no one stronger than him, so that's why Yamamoto is still in that position) So maybe this Vandenreich leader was once even the Captain-Commander until Yamamoto defeated him.
Apr 18, 2012 8:14 AM

May 2010
never said that shinigami NEED to be dead, fullbring is a whole other case but Quincy were introduced back than as a type of Humans in the living world who developed their powers to fight hollows.

it was my understanding till now that they would be living humans. i mean ok when kubo wants to pull of now that they can be dead and yet still "live" on with Qunicy powers whats bout the whole bunch of Quncy the shinigami killed what about ichidas grandfather.

of course it could be that shinigami controll whats happening with the spirits of the dead since they decide if they go to SS or Hell.

but if thats the case y dont send the sucker to Hell when he died is normal human death.

this whole bunch just seems to me like bad storytelling.

well its still possible that the leader isnt Quncy at all and just controlling leading them like aizen with the arrancar
Apr 18, 2012 8:17 AM

Feb 2012
dfsafsaf said:
So maybe this Vandenreich leader was once even the Captain-Commander until Yamamoto defeated him.

Yeah or the Vandenreich king and Yamamoto were competing 1000 years ago, I believe he is also a shinigami and perhaps got the near extinct Quincies together to fulfill his plan whatever that may be, simple revenge would be too obvious.

I want to see Ichigo beating the shit out of Kirge and the majesty seems to be sneaky, didn't they say SS had five days before the invasion.
Apr 18, 2012 8:36 AM

Mar 2011
Annnd... Gold Roger makes his move... This could get interesting...

Mayuri seems like a heartless bastard, but he's actually being a champ and taking the respoinsibility on his own, ah, my love-hate for him continues.

Overall, decent chapter if I stop reading so cynically. Now we just need to get Kubo to increase his record-low panel-per-page ratio... It would be nice to get some more action and content in these chapters!!
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Apr 18, 2012 8:45 AM

Oct 2010
It seems like he keeps avoiding Ichigo. They have to be related in some type of way.
Apr 18, 2012 8:50 AM

Jan 2008
Yamamoto founded the Shinigami Academy 2000 years ago.
Then, he 'restructured' the Gotei 13, some time later (not sure when).
Then, a 1000 years ago, he became the captain-commander of the Gotei 13. The chances of that story getting told in this arc is pretty high now.

It needs to be told if the rest of our questions are going to be resolved.

And of course the story about how the Quincy-group in the real world got destroyed 200 years ago...
hungry_bunnyApr 18, 2012 12:57 PM

Apr 18, 2012 8:59 AM

Jul 2008
Ape said:

Shinigami arts and Quincy arts are both teaching, not a race.
Any potential soul, be it with an alive body or not, can be teached any of the two or even both of them.
Both group of people hate each others and their teaching are quite contradictory but it's possible for a soul to mix both shinigami arts and quincy arts.

Zanpakutou are tools made by SS just like Quincy got their own tools, they became part of the Shinigami teaching as their main weapon while Quincy teaching used bows.
Any shinigami that would be teached the way of the Quincy would have the potential to develop Quincy power.

It's pretty much fair to expect that the old Quincy were soul, not people alive. The soul society got the monopoly over the soul so every potential souls are teached in the Shinigami way but I do not think that it was always like that.

If Ichigo died as a human (So not his soul getting destroyed), his soul would get out of his body and he would probably stay in shinigami form forever (Or until Urahara make a dummy body for him).
For any 'normal' person, as not being a shinigami, if they do have any attachement left toward the world, they'll have to wait for a shinigami to send them to rukongai, for a hollow to attack them or for them to turn into a hollow.
It seem that with the process of dying you lose most of your memory from your life as most shinigami and soul in Rukongai do not remember their living life.
AlycenApr 18, 2012 9:04 AM
Apr 18, 2012 9:17 AM

Aug 2007
Aside the fact that we pretty much get little to no new information (ok, so it's Yamamotos fault, that's new) and just people whining and stating the obvious, I'm really REALLY REALLY annoyed by the fact, that Tite Kubo really has to go with the stereotypical portayal of Nazis for the Quincy, including pointless words of German mixed in. [sarcasm]Because we haven't seen that before.[/sarcasm]

Why? Just why?
What in the world do Quincy have to do with Nazis? There's no point. The "spanish" Arrancar were still pretty cool, this is just... urg. What stereotype is the next? I don't have a problem with german characters or german language here and there in Manga/Anime, but why does it have to be the f*cking Nazis? You know, Tite Kubo? German history begins in the tenth century, choose something else than Nazis.

This... why... I don't... just let me cry in my little dark corner.
Apr 18, 2012 9:49 AM
Mar 2010
Why does Bleach's page count have to start dropping just when its starting to actually get good.
Apr 18, 2012 10:00 AM

Oct 2010
what a bad chapter, i really don't like the recent bleach
Apr 18, 2012 10:18 AM

Mar 2012
Genuinely excited for next week's. So rare for Bleach.
4/5
End Zionazism
Apr 18, 2012 11:16 AM

Dec 2009
grandy_UiD said:

German for quincies, spanish for hollows.
Apr 18, 2012 11:24 AM

Oct 2010
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
what a bad chapter, i really don't like the recent bleach

Even if you say it was bad it was sure damn better than Naruto last 3 chapters.
Apr 18, 2012 11:31 AM

Jun 2009
Linkark07 said:
grandy_UiD said:

German for quincies, spanish for hollows.

I know that much but that "Iacto Arme" thing is what the Nazi guy Ichigo is fighting is part of, isn't it?
Apr 18, 2012 11:59 AM

Feb 2010
btw. in fight between Ishida and Mayuri, Ishida manipulated his soul to be still in one piece. It's something like (soul eater spoiler)

oh I like appearance of Opie Kirge(quincy) in page 6th
Apr 18, 2012 12:04 PM
Feb 2012
Oh wow, for once I don't have anything too bad to say about this chapter. I don't have anything good to say and it still reads like 8 or 9 pages instead of 15, but this is actually not that bad
Apr 18, 2012 12:16 PM

Sep 2010
PrometheusZero said:
Ha! Wasn't it a 1000 years ago when Yamato took over as the Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 and started up the academy?

Hmmm...so it seems like the quincy were in charge of everything back then and the shinigami took over to restore balance, but ultimately failed!
not exactly. yamamoto did start the shinigami acadamy but he wasn't the first captain commander. The gotei has been around long before Yamamoto or the academy.
Apr 18, 2012 12:39 PM

Dec 2008
Nice chapter I'm getting into this arc.
Apr 18, 2012 12:47 PM

Apr 2012
kennikitty said:
Aside the fact that we pretty much get little to no new information (ok, so it's Yamamotos fault, that's new) and just people whining and stating the obvious, I'm really REALLY REALLY annoyed by the fact, that Tite Kubo really has to go with the stereotypical portayal of Nazis for the Quincy, including pointless words of German mixed in. [sarcasm]Because we haven't seen that before.[/sarcasm]

Why? Just why?
What in the world do Quincy have to do with Nazis? There's no point. The "spanish" Arrancar were still pretty cool, this is just... urg. What stereotype is the next? I don't have a problem with german characters or german language here and there in Manga/Anime, but why does it have to be the f*cking Nazis? You know, Tite Kubo? German history begins in the tenth century, choose something else than Nazis.

Well, if I am totally honest, Nazi uniforms looked really cool back in the 30-40s. No, I did not approve of their beliefs and methods, but their uniforms looked real nice to me, that's why I really like Kirge Opie (the captain Ichi's fighting).

But also, the similarities to the Nazi could also mean that they are a well organized group, with a settled hierarchy, as the Nazi army was at one point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, regarding this particular chapter, I think Kubo might be going overboard with the whole invasion, the Vanderreich are planning to invade and occupy SS in the amount of time required by Ichigo to defeat Kirge? Can they really do it that fast?
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Apr 18, 2012 1:13 PM

Sep 2010
Aloxamax said:
kennikitty said:

Why? Just why?

the similarities to the Nazi could also mean that they are a well organized group, with a settled hierarchy, as the Nazi army was at one point.

I kinda agree. I don't think kubo set out to make them Nazis, they just remind us of them because the are a radical military force and they have a German motif. The only new Quincy shown thus far that looks sort of "Nazi-ish" is Kirge Opie. The king and all the random minions don't really come off as being Nazi stereotypes.
kizu-kunApr 18, 2012 1:18 PM
Apr 18, 2012 1:52 PM
Jun 2010
Bleach is getting better. I'm sort of liking its current premise as of this recent chapter.

But...If that guy is a quincy, how did he live for 1000 years? Aren't they humans or do they have lifespans like shinigami? Maybe he used to be a shinigami or something or quincies started off because of him (being an ex-shinigami). Those are my random guesses. Kubo better not screw this up. For some reason I felt like I could possibly like Bleach again.

Can't wait till next week (for once).

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Apr 18, 2012 3:08 PM

Apr 2008
So much tension that it's compressing my thought cycle. I just want to wait and see without thinking over theories.

Who could that throne man be??!
Apr 18, 2012 3:51 PM

Sep 2009
So if the geezer failed to kill the Darth Getsu (that man, his majesty) does that mean that he's weaker than him?...hmm, delicious, I want MOAR!

Looks like the shit is about to hit the fan real hard starting next ch :))

I also think he's a shinigami who studied the Quincy teachings....for all we know he could be the "former" soul king since those guys keep referring to him as "his majesty".
Apr 18, 2012 4:00 PM

Mar 2009
Tension in the air.
Apr 18, 2012 4:35 PM

Mar 2009
I love it, we get to fight zangetsu's brother :D
(They look so similar im gonna place my bet on a special relation between Zangetsu and him, why else would he fear ichigo to the extent of avoiding him while having the chance).

But damn! 16 pages chapters and tons of "fill up images". Whats going on with the slow pace?!

Similarities (did some further studies):
1- They have same shape of eyes
2- Their hair is exacly the same
3- They both have resemblenses of a scar going from their forehead, between right eye and nose and down toward upper left part of their right chin.
4- Head structure/shape is the same

The only difference is more or less the clothing and that zangetsu also have beard below their mouth.
ZnoteApr 18, 2012 4:49 PM
Apr 18, 2012 4:38 PM

Nov 2010
That guy looks like Alucard (Hellsing) and Zangetsu...... weird.
Apr 18, 2012 5:11 PM

Jul 2010
So the leader is afraid of Ichigo. Should i call him coward or judicious. i don't know.

Bleach repeating itself. Peoples are disappearing from Rukongai. first time it was Aizen and now Mayuri.

I think it was good buildup chapter. Quincies, i want a massacre in soul society. you better do it right.
Apr 18, 2012 6:08 PM

Jan 2009
im thrilled, bring on the next chapter XD
Apr 18, 2012 6:14 PM
Jul 2011
Another chapter done by Kubo, amazing! I think Captain Kurotsuchi is hiding more things besides the death of 28,000 people in Rukongai, he certainly has something more serious behind it. Now I wonder who this new enemy and what the relationship between him and Captain Commander Yamamoto.
Apr 18, 2012 7:45 PM
Feb 2012
Mhmm some interesting stuff...really more curious to know who the Vandereich leader really is now....the Captain Commander failing to kill some one seems a bit out of place.

So while Ichigo's distracted he'll go invade Soul Society huh....though to be honest I don't think it's really going to take him long to wipe the floor with any one in Hueco Mundo right now.

Still invading Soul Society...may be we'll see Aizen being released sometime soon xD

And where the hell did Urahara go exactly in all of this?
Apr 18, 2012 9:02 PM

Mar 2009
Flashback time?
Apr 18, 2012 10:29 PM

Feb 2011
Steady pacing, organized sequences, nothing seems out of place. I think that I might actually be impressed here.
Apr 18, 2012 11:02 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, exterminated 28,000 innocents? The fuuuuuuuuu----.

The invasion begins! Woot. This arc isn't looking so bad so far.
Apr 19, 2012 1:48 AM
Nov 2011
wow...the lieutenants hav diff hairstyle nw.....
Apr 19, 2012 1:54 AM

Apr 2012
I'm rather interested about Yamamoto's past with this guy about how he failed to kill him and such.
Apr 19, 2012 5:32 AM

May 2009
Captain Yamamoto is really incredible. He confronted Kurotsuchi not because he committed a massacre, but because Mayuri didn't fill the form for slauthering poor pepole for experimentation. Good thing that since when Ichigo is here Soul Society is so much changed: between wanton cruelty and a third world level of poverty it makes Hell and Hueco Mundo look like paradise by comparison.
Apr 19, 2012 11:17 AM

Mar 2011
One thing I learned about Bleach is consistency in the plot is not likely. There are plenty of fan theories to explain around the inconsistencies, but I don't think Kubo really cares much about plot holes. He made up a remarkable universe that entertains me, but I do my best not to take it too seriously.

Does anyone else imagine the battle music from the anime whenever they read the manga?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Yesterday, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.