MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Jormungand Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Jormungand »» Jormungand Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (3) -0.2 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »
Poll: Jormungand Episode 2 Discussion


04-18-12, 7:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 5081
oh dear... too much character giving me bad time remembering all of them >.<"

Seems like even at war, weapon can be deal in credit term as well LOL... well, war is expensive .

Last episode seems like giving the the impression of Koko's body guard are being too overpowered but in this episode, they didn't even shoot a single bullet.
 
04-18-12, 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2060
Jacut said:
Too unrealistic and light compared to the subject for me to really be interested in this series. It should be dark, cruel and gritty (like Zetman for example this season) and it's playful, vivid and over-the-top in the end, which is definitely a bad thing for a war series.


War has a comedic side to it when you look at it through the right lens (cf. Catch-22 and M*A*S*H). And Koko isn't a soldier in the trenches, she's a businesswomen first and foremost -- the subject material doesn't necessarily call for a dark and gritty atmosphere.
 
04-18-12, 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2936
I love these guys, they're war nuts and ax crazy on a very short leash but I love them none the less!

All arms dealer thrive on the Ferengi Rule of Acquisition # 34: "War is good for business." but Koko has a natural talent for Rule of Acquisition # 22: "A wise man can hear profit in the wind."
 
04-18-12, 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 12768
Hakuromatsu said:
Jacut said:
Too unrealistic and light compared to the subject for me to really be interested in this series. It should be dark, cruel and gritty (like Zetman for example this season) and it's playful, vivid and over-the-top in the end, which is definitely a bad thing for a war series.


War has a comedic side to it when you look at it through the right lens (cf. Catch-22 and M*A*S*H). And Koko isn't a soldier in the trenches, she's a businesswomen first and foremost -- the subject material doesn't necessarily call for a dark and gritty atmosphere.


Actually the series is betting on the antithesis. It is a deliberate action on making a young crazy girl the major arm dealer and have her act like drunk half the times but suddenly throwing a scary face to you.
Obviously Jacut just wanted a very serious realistic "Monster" type of show and his basically disappointed in his own expectation since the show doesn't fail at what it does because it doesn't want to be overly serious like that anyway. He also seems kind of a tight ass if his overly hooked on the idea that any anime that has to do with wars and guns should be heavy and tragic like.

Anyway the show basically rides on the shoulder of Koko and is good when the main character is so awesome that can carry the show. Is a fresh air because most anime seem to depend on anyone but the main most of the times. She's an absolute blast really.
I'm just loving it and is definitely from the top this season.

When she said we are going out and hold them up for you, i thought "no fucking way is this crazy bitch that generous" and a minute later she most definitely sold him out. I was just laughing my ass off.
Modified by Monad, 04-19-12, 2:49 AM
 
04-18-12, 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1612
Loved every second of this episode ^_^
Everyone is so fucking badass.
X2!!!!!!!!!!
I like Koko and this british girl(brown hair).

What is the music at the end with koko loko?>


ps.
Modified by saka, 04-19-12, 12:20 AM
xxx
 
04-18-12, 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2484
That was pretty good, not a lot of action but the comedy made for a good laugh.
Next episode will have some more action and something fan-service oriented.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
 
04-18-12, 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2305
Whoa, I thought the setting for this episode is in some former Soviet Republic, then why the heck do the commanders sport american names like Maj. Polluck and Lt Col Grant?

And why aren't the escorts speak Russian?

Weapons trivia:

The patriot missile was once used by the Americans in 1991 during Dessert Storm and it is still used today, however it is useless without the following equipment: AN/MPQ53 radar to detect any incoming planes or missile, OE349 Antenna to calculate the bearing and to lock on to the target and EPP III Electric power plant to supply power to the radar, antenna and the missile launcher.
Modified by Nasty001, 04-18-12, 11:35 AM
 
04-18-12, 11:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1382
Another great episode. Koko's No, No, No, N0 part was so funny. Koko's friend rubbing on Jonah's cheek while with a gun to face I loled so hard.
 
04-18-12, 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 13374
Koko is such badass and strategist (especially the last one was XD)
And I thought that Myld or whatever her name is, 'cause it writes as Mildred in the subs, was a guy when I first saw the opening.
 
04-18-12, 1:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1532
Valmet was pretty sexy in that fight. :D Koko you badass!
 
04-18-12, 4:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1584
this series is great. the concept and characters are something else. all mixes well with the action. love it
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

 
04-18-12, 5:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1028
Jonah laughing was unexpected, but very welcomed..and Koko really is sly, I loved that scene.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

 
04-18-12, 5:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2504
Hakuromatsu said:
Jacut said:
Too unrealistic and light compared to the subject for me to really be interested in this series. It should be dark, cruel and gritty (like Zetman for example this season) and it's playful, vivid and over-the-top in the end, which is definitely a bad thing for a war series.


War has a comedic side to it when you look at it through the right lens (cf. Catch-22 and M*A*S*H). And Koko isn't a soldier in the trenches, she's a businesswomen first and foremost -- the subject material doesn't necessarily call for a dark and gritty atmosphere.


I agree, so far the show has been far too light hearted? Moe on the battlefield? Come off it. The only thing Jormungand is concerned with is providing gratuitous action scenes for a genre that has been starved of good shows, the story seems non-existant so far, the world in which it is based seems extremely odd. The cherry on the unbelievable cake was how the second group of dealers who killed their escorts were left alive....

War has a comedic side does it? Forgive me for disagreeing with you, if you've ever known war been affected by it in any way or form, you'd take that back, in fact why don't you waltz over to Sudan right now and tell them how funny it is that they're fighting over oil.
 
04-18-12, 5:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2834
Another awesome episode; lol at Koko trolling at the team of 3 at the end, and that preview song just keeps getting stuck in my head XD

Also to the people complaining about the "light hearted" aspect of the show, they should also remember that Black Lagoon had some "dark" humor in it as well; granted i would say Jormungand is lighter so far of the two shows, but its only two episodes in; haste makes waste.
 
04-18-12, 6:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 571
This show is turning out to be much better than I expected. Koko's too funny; love how she's always smiling even during unfavorable situations. This is pretty much Black Lagoon with more comedy.
 
04-18-12, 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 667
raxius1230 said:
Good episode,liked the way Koko bring that card up her sleeve,i kinda predicted she was going to use them as bait but she did xD

Myldred is crazy,has the hots,and got with knives...my kind of girl :D

Valmer vs Myld was also pretty nice Valmer just kicks ass.

In a whole was good episode,the ost is just awesome also Koko showing us that sometimes you can win without even using one bullet,she is just awesome!!

Next epiosde will get even more interesting!! Cant wait!!

BTW regardless how many times i hear the preview song cant stop laughing its just so good!!


this ;p

 
04-18-12, 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5408
Oh my god, so many great moments in this episode I can't even count them!

BOOM, favorite more serious type of anime this season.
 
04-18-12, 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 913
The music never gets old nor the one during the previews. Its quite catchy. Im curious what the overall plot and antagonist will be as it cant just be go from locale to locale, though that would be fun. Favorite part was when Jonah laughed, caught me off guard and was pretty cool, and funny with the ensuing conversation
<img src="http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx1a8gz3tu1qbxqfpo1_500.png" />
 
04-18-12, 7:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2332
VioLink said:
Koko just doing her loco thing


she's such an awesome person, lol
dashiawia said:
This show is turning out to be much better than I expected. Koko's too funny; love how she's always smiling even during unfavorable situations. This is pretty much Black Lagoon with more comedy.

i just realized your sig looks like a younger version of the eye patch girl in this anime.


 
04-18-12, 8:15 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3610
supermegasonic said:

i just realized your sig looks like a younger version of the eye patch girl in this anime.


Valmet > Misaki Mei >.> Just saying.
 
04-18-12, 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2060
apatch3 said:
War has a comedic side does it? Forgive me for disagreeing with you, if you've ever known war been affected by it in any way or form, you'd take that back, in fact why don't you waltz over to Sudan right now and tell them how funny it is that they're fighting over oil.


Pardon me if I've offended you. But if I haven't, then reconsider my post.

War is multifaceted -- there's no single thing we can point to and say, "that is war." War has changed from century to century, and war differs from continent to continent; no two battles in the same war are the same, and no two people partaking in the same war share the same experience. Some of these individual experiences are atrocious, outrageous, and inhumane -- but do I think that those particular experiences are comedic in any sense? Do I think that, for example, it would be acceptable to turn the goings-on at the Abu Ghraib prison during the Iraq War into a slapstick comedy? Do I think that, by your example, I should film the escalating conflict between Sudan and South Sudan as a mockumentary? Of course not. But experiences like these don't represent war in its totality.

If you criticize my statement that "war has a comedic side to it when you look at it through the right lens," then you should be prepared to criticize every novel, TV series, film, etc. that uses war for comedic purposes, including many that are considered classics. I used Catch-22 and M*A*S*H as examples earlier, and to that list I'll add Good Morning, Vietnam -- a film that looks at a lighter side of the Vietnam War, a war that otherwise has a very dark place in history.

Is Jormungand a classic in the same way that those three are? Well, no. And to be honest, the comedy it uses has no artistic or satirical value. However, at the same time, the aspects of war that it plays for laughs can be played for laughs without being offensive.
 
04-18-12, 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 110
Really liked the episode, Seems like coca-cola is everywhere xD
<img src="http://myanimegraph.k.vu/trackers/Vampirius/95.png" />
If you want to tell me anything then please send me a PM (Private Message) because I will be most likely to see it.
 
04-18-12, 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2903
Jacut said:
Too unrealistic and light compared to the subject for me to really be interested in this series. It should be dark, cruel and gritty (like Zetman for example this season)


Sure, if by "dark, cruel and gritty" you mean a generic shonen.

I'll take Jormungand's playful tone over Zetman any day of the week, thank you. At least it isn't pretending to be a seinen.
 
04-19-12, 12:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
Nasty001 said:
Weapons trivia:

The patriot missile was once used by the Americans in 1991 during Dessert Storm and it is still used today, however it is useless without the following equipment: AN/MPQ53 radar to detect any incoming planes or missile, OE349 Antenna to calculate the bearing and to lock on to the target and EPP III Electric power plant to supply power to the radar, antenna and the missile launcher.
They were not patriot but SAMS of long range proportions. What the other guy sold WAS SHIT! It did not lock on properly cause the launcher were used and did not work right I assume. The internal components at least.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
04-19-12, 1:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 240
Is it only me or everybody is waiting for those ost cd to come out. All the soundtracks are awesome. I just keep on playing the anime to listen to them.

Anyway regarding the anime it's just getting started so I can't wait for next episodes and Koko's unpredictable decisions ; D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
 
04-19-12, 2:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2975
i'm enjoying this far more then the last time even if there wasn't dudes dying all over the place i just liked the interaction with two arms dealers and how they were constantly trying to get out of this deal haha, and Mildred pretty cool she carries way to many knives but shes funny.


can't wait to see what other dealers they run into and i just noticed a 2nd season in the works so that's a plus!
 
04-19-12, 2:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 222
koko badass and music / sound is great to be honest :)

so comic parts and I love dark shows, I was waiting for that, but to be honest is well executed at the moment :) I wish they continues with their awesomness!
 
04-19-12, 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2504
You make a decent point about M*A*S*H etc (I'm especially fond of 'Allo 'Allo) but what makes them different is that they claim to be comedies, and they don't really have a serious aspect to them. There is never any attempt to be taken seriously.

What wars have in common is that they're about humans killing each other. Usually, to do this they dehumanise each other and spread hateful propaganda- if this happens on a large enough scale for long enough - a conflict becomes a war and inevitably innocent civilians are dragged in.

Jormungand's mistake is its decision to portray realistic cold blooded conflict along side all the Moe, comedy and usual anime cliches which don't really fit in such a setting. Black lagoon (as a show that portrays violence) is much more honest about its subject matter - yes it can be funny but at no point does it insist that they are anything more than criminals.

I'm going to watch because I'm interested in the sort of morality shows like this want to portray and there has yet to be a decent anime about paramilitaries/weapons dealers, I think the Japanese still have quite a twisted sense of right and wrong, which is offset by all the brainwashing they underwent post ww2. Koko's second name is a bit inflammatory, she's named after a prolific warlord (wanted and still at large).
 
04-19-12, 4:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1061
Main reason i watch this anime: KOKO
 
04-19-12, 6:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1213
Koko is amazing.
Im loving this anime. It is better than black lagoon for sure.
 
04-19-12, 7:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1184
Amazing episode just like the first one, actually this one was even better IMO. The whole ValmetxKoko scene was both cute and funny. The new characters are pretty amazing too, esecially Mildred. I laughed at nearly every scene she was in. Not to mention that the knife fight was epic. I loved that Mildred was double wielding them, that's somthing I've always found amazing and beautiful (hopefully, I'll learn it someday). I also love that they focus on weapons a lot, since that's one of the reasons why I started watching it. TBH I was kinda worried that it would be like K-On! in terms of focus (aka on fun/business rather than the expected focus).

Koko definitely makes this anime but I think it wouldn't be the same without any of the characters. I mean, Jonah plays an important (and usually funny, in a serious way) role since he is both mysterious and a newbie so we can get everything explained through him. Valmet also plays an important role to give us a better look a Koko (as well as fanservice to some). I'm trying to say that the show would be much worse if it was only Koko.

About it being too light considering it's about war. Koko isn't a soldier, actually, it's quite obvious that she is doing her best to AVOID being on the war field. That can be seen from trying run away from there AND when she used that other arms dealer to get away. So, it can't show you the cruelty of war since SHE is doing her best not to be in the middle of it.
 
04-19-12, 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 133
apatch3 said:
Jormungand's mistake is its decision to portray realistic cold blooded conflict along side all the Moe, comedy and usual anime cliches which don't really fit in such a setting. Black lagoon (as a show that portrays violence) is much more honest about its subject matter - yes it can be funny but at no point does it insist that they are anything more than criminals.

I'm going to watch because I'm interested in the sort of morality shows like this want to portray and there has yet to be a decent anime about paramilitaries/weapons dealers, I think the Japanese still have quite a twisted sense of right and wrong, which is offset by all the brainwashing they underwent post ww2. Koko's second name is a bit inflammatory, she's named after a prolific warlord (wanted and still at large).


Hakuromatsu's first comment about comedy in war was tatless but you're being way too serious about this.

You're bringing in brainwashing, WW2, Sudan, and you're using all of that to just to see what sort of morality an ANIME has.

I have no problem with people who like to take their anime seriously, but wow.
 
04-19-12, 11:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2994
Loved the ep.

Very enjoyable series so far. <3 koko
 
04-19-12, 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2504
Haha I take life a bit too seriously ahneeme, your criticism is valid. I'm bang in the middle of revision for my finals atm, every time I post here I'm literally dragging my head out of a tort law textbook XD.

Morality is something I've always been curious about though because some people's morals have these odd little flaws that their own sanity forces them to ignore, for example back home my dogs eat better than a great deal of people in this world but I'm not especially bothered by it.

Ah right, I'm being serious agian aren't I 0_0
 
04-19-12, 2:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 388
"We are the bigger team"
I laughed so hard at that part XD
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)


 
04-19-12, 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 458
Great 2nd episode, best anime of the season so far (not including Fate/Zero of course).
 
04-19-12, 4:27 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5084
To some, war IS a comedy.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
04-19-12, 4:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 12768
ahneeme said:
apatch3 said:
Jormungand's mistake is its decision to portray realistic cold blooded conflict along side all the Moe, comedy and usual anime cliches which don't really fit in such a setting. Black lagoon (as a show that portrays violence) is much more honest about its subject matter - yes it can be funny but at no point does it insist that they are anything more than criminals.

I'm going to watch because I'm interested in the sort of morality shows like this want to portray and there has yet to be a decent anime about paramilitaries/weapons dealers, I think the Japanese still have quite a twisted sense of right and wrong, which is offset by all the brainwashing they underwent post ww2. Koko's second name is a bit inflammatory, she's named after a prolific warlord (wanted and still at large).


Hakuromatsu's first comment about comedy in war was tatless but you're being way too serious about this.

You're bringing in brainwashing, WW2, Sudan, and you're using all of that to just to see what sort of morality an ANIME has.

I have no problem with people who like to take their anime seriously, but wow.


Lol he also saw Moe? Where the fuck was that? There was no moe it was just some comedic moments. And despite those the show isn't a comedy, it's just not a heavy type of show.
Also the discussion about comedy in war is ridiculous. This is an arms dealer, she's not fighting some war of attrition, to her it's a job that makes good money and she even seems to enjoy, actually she avoids getting involve in direct war as much as she can as the purpose is to do business not fight herself. She has and the show has all the space to show her little playful stuff attitude since she ain't a soldier in the first line of fire trying to show us the tragedies of such position.
Also maybe you don't know but soldiers when not fighting really do gags and jokes with each other. you can't survive otherwise. Actually you may even joke even more like a reaction to the serious fighting at other hours. If those where shown in anime it would seem like war comedy. Koko's looney attitude is nothing to be overwhelmed by, when i was in the army we had all kind of crazy guys, including my self who was going by the nickname of "Psycho". When the world goes crazy around you, you go crazy too. Also you should notice the antithesis of Koko of how he changes modes from serious to looney, that's a clear characteristic of many people in such crazy positions and works. I had a similar attitude. I don't have the style of Koko of course but i could be joking one minute and getting all ready to gouge your eyes out the next.

Also i can't see how this ain't honest. It never claimed that this people are heroes of justice or anything. Having their little quirks means that the anime claims they ain't hard immoral weapon dealers? Actually this episode showed that Koko isn't playing some hero role at all by immediately selling out the other guy to get killed so her group can escape easily. How is that making them look like nice guys?
Modified by Monad, 04-20-12, 4:50 AM
 
04-19-12, 5:17 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3537
I am loving this anime's light and jokey mood, it was unexpected but its making this a lot more enjoyable. Lol Koko completely trolled the hell outta those other guys, her personality is great. And the peoples facial reactions are cool.
 
04-19-12, 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 889
About to drop this in 1-3 more eps. Nearly fell asleep on this episode
 
04-19-12, 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 543
ZeroZx said:
I am loving this anime's light and jokey mood, it was unexpected but its making this a lot more enjoyable. Lol Koko completely trolled the hell outta those other guys, her personality is great. And the peoples facial reactions are cool.


I agree.
Vodkaaaa~!
 
04-20-12, 12:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2504
Moe doesn't have to mean lucky star Monad, one is perfectly capable of describing the scenes where koko act cutesy and insane as moe (scenes that are supposed to make her character more appealing/lovable).

QUOTE: This is an arms dealer, she's not fighting some war of attrition, to her it's a job that makes good money and she even seems to enjoy, actually she avoids getting involve in direct war as much as she can as the purpose is to do business not fight herself.

In which case drug dealers are innocent, as long as they don't do drugs themselves? What exactly are you trying to imply? Are you saying that because she doesn't get involved directly she's entitled to believe in faries and butterflies?

Soldiers are free to joke around mate that isn't the trouble, the show becomes dishonest when A) people have knife fights for no apparent reason other than to please the audience,l( people who are on a mission have bigger concerns and tend not to act like children). B) Koko Hekmatyar is a woman (who for some reason hasn't been repeatedly raped by any of her clients - who are all wonderful people I'm sure). C) The second group of arms dealers IS LEFT ALIVE after killing two of the rebels D) THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

Forgive me for expressing an opinion that isn't along the lines of "OO YEAH I LOVE THIS SHOW". I don't know what sort of world you live in but perhaps you've never met an illegal arms dealer? Perhaps you think people would actually buy weapons from somebody who dances around flailing their arms to and fro? I really don't know.

Thank you for your input "Psycho"
 
04-20-12, 2:23 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 884
This anime is so awesome lol. I really like the vibe it has, especially with the character and music.
 
04-20-12, 3:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1769
This episode was FUCKING awesome. Oh man how I'm loving Valmet more now. That fight scene was perfect with the music. The action in this Anime reminds me a lot of American action films like The Bourne Ultimatum. Koko and co. betraying the other guys was soooo dog but such a witty thing to do. xD Really loving Jormungand at the moment. A combination of seriousness, action and even fitting in some comedy. Fuck yeah. :D

5/5
 
04-20-12, 4:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4331
Koko is a pretty nice character
 
04-20-12, 5:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 12768
apatch3 said:

In which case drug dealers are innocent, as long as they don't do drugs themselves? What exactly are you trying to imply? Are you saying that because she doesn't get involved directly she's entitled to believe in faries and butterflies?


Entitled? What she's entitled is irrelevant, what matters is that she has the comfort to do so. And you asking about her innocence seems stupid when that was answer in the last paragraph of the post you are replying to.
At NO POINT did the show claimed this are nice guys, Koko's attitude comes from being a little looney, that has nothing to do with innocence.

apatch3 said:
Soldiers are free to joke around mate that isn't the trouble, the show becomes dishonest when A) people have knife fights for no apparent reason other than to please the audience,l( people who are on a mission have bigger concerns and tend not to act like children). B) Koko Hekmatyar is a woman (who for some reason hasn't been repeatedly raped by any of her clients - who are all wonderful people I'm sure). C) The second group of arms dealers IS LEFT ALIVE after killing two of the rebels D) THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.


Dishonest? Huh let me laugh. This ain't some war drama for freaking sake, pull your head out of your ass and realize that already. So they exaggerated by making them use deadly knifes in a relatively friendly fight. So what? Black Lagoon has a tone of exaggerations in it too, every freaking action movie has exaggerations, why is this one being condemned about it? Of course it wants to provide entrainment, you are again criticizing with a mentality of "it must be serious war drama stuff". Well get over it, not everything having people shooting each other is all serious and heavy and that goes for many many many shows. Many times even life ain't all heavy and serious ether.
b) Why isn't she getting raped? Has your brain melted or something? What stupid question is that? Why would she be getting raped? News flash, first not everyone is a rapist, whether they are nice guys or not and second she's obviously still fine for the same reason she can sell guns. Because she has people working for her(wtf do you think are those guys on her team their for?) and connections needed and respected by others. I can't believe you ask such a stupid thing.
c) so they managed to escape after some gun-shooting exchange. "OMG! why haven't they died!!! It will make this all so more war serious, oh the agony!!!! " It seems to me you're just looking for excuses to hate the show. So what if they managed to escape?
Big shit. We have seen worse escaping of near death situations from 99% of action anime, what's big deal if they managed to escape? And imagine it was already said that the team surrounding the facility was small and showed that the guys with the gun dealers are quite the elite.
Modified by Monad, 04-20-12, 5:29 AM
 
04-20-12, 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15471
Sure it's weird from a "realism" perspective that the other team survived. But, cosidering how much they were built up in this episode and will obviously have a role to play in the future, it would have been stupid from a storytelling perspective to just kill them off like that. I was pretty convinced they'd survive anyway.
 
04-20-12, 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 12768
insan3soldiern said:
Sure it's weird from a "realism" perspective that the other team survived. But, cosidering how much they were built up in this episode and will obviously have a role to play in the future, it would have been stupid from a storytelling perspective to just kill them off like that. I was pretty convinced they'd survive anyway.


Nice to see someone getting it. When you create something like an anime it's not about pleasing everyone who has a problem with every little shitty detail and statistical chances based on the real world but making a proper writing that entertains and doesn't aggravate the viewer with too much stupidity. Those obviously will appear in some other episode seeing how they got a good enough development time, it would have been stupid to let them die there and the fact of their escape is not such an extreme event that will make you feel the writer went all crazy.

I get the feeling those who where annoyed by it only realized their escape when they saw them in the last minute in the air-board and thought that it was an absolute impossible to get out of it situation which shows they are not even individuals that place good attention to what they watch. They didn't notice that it was noted that the guys surrounding the place weren't many and they didn't notice a soldier reporting to that mayor guy that the small-team fought it's way out and they didn't manage to get them.
Modified by Monad, 04-20-12, 10:41 AM
 
04-20-12, 9:04 AM
News Moderator
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 61846
Jalasupi said:
koko badass and music / sound is great to be honest :)

Amen to that. Another great reason to watch this series tbh.
 
04-20-12, 9:50 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 111
Like many said, i really like the soundtrack as well, for me one of the best lately.

A question on the same topic, does anyone know the name and or band of the song that was played when they sold out the other team and escaped at the end?
 
Top
Pages (3) -0.2 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy