MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Velvet Kiss Chapter 32 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Velvet Kiss »» Velvet Kiss Chapter 32 Discussion

Pages (5) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Velvet Kiss Chapter 32 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

46 54.76%
4 out of 5: Liked it

26 30.95%
3 out of 5: It was OK

7 8.33%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 4.76%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.19%
Voters: 84

04-18-12, 8:09 PM

I actually really enjoyed this manga a lot. I also liked the art of the manga :)
I think they should make another chapter in the future with them being together :)

04-18-12, 9:44 PM

This was definitely a great series and will be greatly missed now that it has ended.

The ending was such a bitter sweet one. I would have loved for them to start a normal relationship but it's not what the creator had in mind. But I guess it's up to our imagination to determine what happens next.

10/10

04-19-12, 12:15 AM

I can understand how some people would feel let down with the ending, but personally I think it was quite nice and fitting for this series. And a touch realistic to real life as well.

Kano and Nitta always had two very different lives outside of their sexual and romantic relationship, its no surprise that their work pulls them in different directions currently. But there is still hope in the ending, they reaffirm their true feelings that they will be together again in the near future. They just have to deal and get the other parts of their lives in order.

I'm sure there will be a marriage or at least a long-term relationship in their foreseeable future. :)

04-19-12, 1:21 AM

Honestly, although this NTR ending may be the author's intention of making us feel sad.
I still wish that they were happy in the end...... so sad

Squel Demanded

04-19-12, 2:09 AM

zetacoda said:
\although this NTR ending

Uh, there was no NTR in that ending. Are you sure you know what NTR means? Cause you're not using it in the right context at all. (If Saeki-san would of taken Nitta from Kano in the end, that would of been NTR for Kano)

I keep seeing people use the term NTR a lot lately to describable relationships/situations that aren't it at all. It's getting really annoying.

04-19-12, 2:42 AM

how the fk was this NTR?!

04-19-12, 3:13 AM

kk calm down wrong term fgs......the point is the ending is a good but sad one.....T-T

04-19-12, 4:37 AM

Yes, a bittersweet ending.

Would had loved the ending if it were 10 years into the future with marriage and kids.

Overall a good manga. 8/10

04-19-12, 4:10 PM

You were supposed to go with her, Nitta you bastard. (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

04-19-12, 7:52 PM

Thinking about it...it looks like the farewell may have been a final one.

He asked when she'll be back, she replied if he wanted to come along, meaning she knows there's a big chance she won't be back. Then when he rejects you can see her about to cry. The "see you later" part is probably just to make it easier on themselves.

Just a little gone with the wind moment there.

04-19-12, 7:56 PM

Friendzoned.

04-19-12, 8:05 PM

I can't judge the finale just by this chapter. It was more a matter of all that happening culminating in now, when loose ties just got wraped up. That considering... it was great~ That Harumi Chihiro knows her stuff. xP

So, no revenge to the fake-paid-girlfriend? Oh well, that does makes all more credible, not having aaaall the antagonist down I mean. xP Truly a pro that girl, huh? XD

Kurogashi said:
What Nita did was right though. Not only did he not get in her way, he continues to give her even more freedom to grow, rather than being tied down. And I'm not surprised he cherishes his own work - a career that he made for himself. It might sound funny, but as you grow older, you no longer want free things. You want to create a legacy in which you've obtained yourself, not from a lottery, or from your parents, but something YOU have accomplished.

But yes, I'm still a sucker for free money, and would've jumped on that Kano-wagon, but that's cause I'm poor/stupid.

THIS! I completely agree! And he wasn't tsundere at all (okay that was nice to read as a joke xD), I found very cool of him to, even though he clearly not wanted at heart, allow herself to follow her path while he follows his own. But he'll always wait for her. That means both are finally on the same level, no one dragging the other down (as when she was troubling him at his work) but at the same time they won't give up of staying together because they love each other. Good for them (after all they've been through) to have become able to trust each other to reach this level in a relationship. Good. For. Them.

(...I'm sure they'll eventually get married, but that would be way to blatant for an ending, I rather it smooth like this one was~)

04-20-12, 4:52 AM

It sure is a bitter-sweet ending. Dammit, why does Kano have to seperate from Niita. D: Kano changed heaps throughout this series though. God damn, she looks so god damn cute when she smiles. Now she's heavily into the business now. Niita's got his full-time job back after 3 years, that's good news but then Kano has to leave for overseas. Oh come on... xD THERE BETTER BE AN EPILOGUE CHAPTER, LET'S GO! :P

Overall, this series was amazing. Harumi Chihiro is an awesome mangaka. Read Velvet Kiss every month and those cliffhanger endings every chapter killed me so much lmao. Really enjoyed this series. Gonna miss seeing new chapters of this. 8/10

04-20-12, 5:02 AM

i kinda wanted a confrontation between Nitta and Saki

04-20-12, 7:59 AM

A fine end to a great series.
9/10.

04-20-12, 11:32 AM

Good ending. Reminds me of 5cm/s for some reason.

04-21-12, 9:56 AM

Ending was bittersweet yet heavier on the tragic bend.

After 3.5 years of waiting with no contact, the only news Nitta gets is that he's going to be further away from his love.

Damn. I would've cried like a fountain lol.

But it was sweet that they continued to wait for each other ^^

However, what was a bit scary is that when Nitta asked "your coming back right?" she never replied with an answer. EPILOGUE I NEED AN EPILOGUE!

04-23-12, 10:34 AM

dam, ive enjoyed this manga alot, its an interesting story and its sad to see it end because i wanted more but it was still a great finale, they have both really matured,

kanoko made the right choice of picking one otherwise it would all fall apart and nitta made the right choice of letting kanoko go and let her be free instead of dragging her down, i like this, it just shows how much they love each other deeply and they care for each others future

i hope they make a sequel or an epilogue or more of chihiro's work, she is very good at telling a good story and not just making random sex scenes, her stories always have deeper meanings to them which i like

05-05-12, 2:11 AM

Come on guys. Be positive. It's pretty OBVIOUS that they love each other so much. It's unlikely for them not to meet again some day. Nitta let Kanoko go to experience the outside world and wouldn't want to be in her way. He's looking out for Kanoko's future. Kanoko knows this in her heart and thinks it's for the best in the meantime. Just imagine, in few years, Nitta becomes the company's President someday and meet Kanoko overseas/back in Japan in accident for a company meeting. Isn't this what you call "Fate" and "Romance"? :D

05-07-12, 8:22 AM

Harumi Chihiro does make character well, but unfortunately the plot is only average which is okay if the character is the main focus, but the last volume was mostly plot driven, and didn't live up to its first 3 vol.
1-3: 10/10
4: 7-8/10

The ending was not bittersweet unless you want to force it to be. They weren't able to get together after 3,5 year, and the possibility for it to happen when she chose to study overseas are close to zero. There is a reason why long distance relationship doesn't even work in movies, but it is a happy ending for nii-san and Kanoko, just not for their love together, unfortunately :-/

Pages (5) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices