Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2012 12:03 PM

Sep 2009
McCly said:
So why apocalypse doesn't occur on 3rd world?

Because Deus said that he had to find another way to choose the new god for the 3rd world after the mayor (11th?) told him (always in the 3rd world) about the future of the survival game.

AlexSadist-sama said:
The first half was decent. Didn't like the second half.

Same for me.
The ending was better than what I expected after the weird turn of events of the 2nd part (travel in time).
I enjoyed this anime.
Apr 16, 2012 12:07 PM

Jan 2011
No freaking idea how this show is pulling off a mid 8 on here.

After that OVA aired so long ago I was very excited for the TV series but unfortunately this series fell very flat for me. Far too many lows than highs which pains me to say.

Edit: and now after reading the last chapter of the manga I do to wish for the hammer lol. Although it makes no sense...I would of preferred that ending. However, they kinda hinted that a hammer like event was going to take place given Yuno calling out to Yuki in the final scene and the diary changing. I don't see the need to make an OVA or anything since that is what that part pretty much trying to get across imo.
IZEROIIApr 16, 2012 12:22 PM
Apr 16, 2012 12:08 PM

Mar 2010
I liked the ending a lot, although 3rd world Yuuno and Yukki not being together was a let down but they're at least happy. (But I dislike his crush, they don't fit together IMO, she looks too much like his mom... that's nearly as bad as Shinji/Rei.) 2nd world Yukki being all alone was kinda sad (and lol at Murmur complaining about boredom XD), so I was glad when Yuuno showed up. Although, if she showed up with a hammer smashing "world" that would SUCK big time. I would drop my rating just for that. It's plain ridiculous! 5/5 for the ep.

8/10 for some inconsistencies and making Yuuno unbeatable

I wonder what that "Next Project" will be.
Apr 16, 2012 12:37 PM

Aug 2010
Minene and Nishijima forevaa
Apr 16, 2012 12:48 PM

Sep 2011
I Want To Rate This A 10 But It Seems 9 Is Enough. I Can't Feel Rating This Series A Perfect Score.

Apr 16, 2012 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
Finally over...

6/10
Apr 16, 2012 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
I wanted to give this last episode a 1/5 cuz i didnt want it to end but then i saw the next project msg at the end :D lets hope its more Mirai Nikki stuff <3 10/10 for whole series /win
ForbbidenxApr 16, 2012 1:10 PM
Apr 16, 2012 1:08 PM
Jun 2010
Had my undivided attention through the whole thing, but the last few episodes were way too busy when they could have cleared things up a little better @_@; 9/10 though, was a fun watch regardlesh~
Apr 16, 2012 1:14 PM

Sep 2007
Can I curbstomp Yukiteru yet? Such a terrible character there. I would've preferred if they completely omitted the "Hammer" scene so it'll leave Yukiteru in his own little depressing space so he can wallow in despair forever since he's just fucking retarded.

7/10 for the anime, just like I gave the manga. Interesting premise marred by god awful characters, namely Yukiteru. Not really looking forward to whatever this "next project" is, but I guess I'll check it out. Probably some kind of OVA for the epilogue.
Apr 16, 2012 1:14 PM

Jan 2011
We needed the hammer! I want the hammer! Hammer time please!!!

Now that I've stopped whining, it's time for a few serious comments. I think the hammer and an appearance by Deus would have been the perfect troll ending--a true Deus ex machina. (God descends from a machine to resolve what looks to be an inescapable bad ending and the entire cast bows for the audience--it worked for Renaissance and Classical audiences, it would work for most otakus.) We did get 90% of one with only the two main characters ("and me...don't forget about me!" says Murmur 2) having a bad end.

My second comment is: even with the manga ending this is still a tragedy for my darling Yuno. Yuno 3, even with Yuno 1's memories is still not the Yuno who won my heart. (...spurious discussion of Reicher 1 vs 2 from Star Trek TNG eliminated here...) Nor will she have the same level of obsessive yandere love towards Yuki that was so much of her charm. In the end, Yuki did very little. It was Yuno's decision to kill herself that resolved the plot--as was the case through most of the series. Even in the hammer ending, it is Yuno who wields the hammer...

And that being said, aren't we much happier if we view this series from the perspective of Yuno being the main character, rather than Yuki?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 16, 2012 1:15 PM

Feb 2012
i'm glad they excluded the ridiculously forced manga ending.
Apr 16, 2012 1:18 PM

Sep 2007
PMazzuco said:
McCly said:
So why apocalypse doesn't occur on 3rd world?

isn't because in the third world the game don't started?
or..... nah, i don't now

Third Deus hasn't died yet thus the apocalypse hasn't started. And since he is now aware of what went down in the other worlds, he realized he needed to devise a new way to name a successor.
Apr 16, 2012 1:19 PM

Feb 2012
IMPLIED HAMMERRRRRRRRRRRR
Apr 16, 2012 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
I want HAMMER TIME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

That being said, im kinda glad they dont show the whole ending as it was in the manga, but im still wondering wtf is "Next Project"
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Apr 16, 2012 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT PROJECT!!!

8/10
Apr 16, 2012 1:45 PM

Sep 2011
Make me cry when Yuno killed herself, then the ending. :D??

Also, 12th needs his own spin off show, I'd watch it.
[center]
Apr 16, 2012 1:46 PM

Aug 2007
I really enjoyed this anime science I saw the first one. My fav characters are Minene and Tsubaki.

Now is time to see what is the next project.
Apr 16, 2012 1:54 PM
Sep 2011
Season 2?
Apr 16, 2012 2:04 PM

Oct 2008
Sakebi said:
Tenchio said:
A fitting ending (in other words: it was silly and shitty, like the rest of the series).

3/10

I was more generous! 4/10.

Me too. High five bro.
Apr 16, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2009
I don't know, this series seems too high-ranked (MAL-number rating wise) for it to be worth anyone's time. The ending was good, the rest of the series... Meh.

Ending: 8/10
Series: 6/10

Apr 16, 2012 2:18 PM
Nov 2011
i thought it was a very enjoyable ending, my new favorite psych thriller
Apr 16, 2012 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
Applauds the ending to this EPIC series :).
Apr 16, 2012 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
I loved it. I even loved the slightly alternate version of the manga ending

Also A SEQUEL, OMGWTFBBQ?

It's odd that they had two end credit sequences so they'll probably have the hammer ending on the BDs.
Apr 16, 2012 2:37 PM

Nov 2011
AnthonyM said:
Season 2?

Highly doubt it although I wouldn't mind a spinoff anime series featuring either Akise, Uryu, or hell, the collective Diary Owners #7.
Apr 16, 2012 2:52 PM

Jun 2011
This episode could've been better... still..

Apr 16, 2012 2:56 PM

Mar 2012
Sigh... the series is over and now one less thing to look forward too on the weekends. =\

Overall, it was a fun and exciting ride and it was good to see most of the cast have a happy end.

Wtf @ 8th and 11th going out lmao... plus flying babies xD
Apr 16, 2012 3:02 PM
Mar 2012
Show started out awesome. After 4th's death it started to go down hill. However the ending overall satisfied me.

8/10 for the awesome first half and satisfying ending.

Also I read the manga ending and it looks awful. I'm so glad they decided to change it up just to be a little "interesting" (Lack of a better word) for those who didn't read the manga.
Apr 16, 2012 3:12 PM
Apr 2012
Well, overall I like the new ending, but I have a few mixed feelings. I'd just like to point out a few things.

1. 1st Yuno x 3rd Yuno. In the original manga, *this* is the point she breaks down. And oh boy, does she break down completely! About the anime, I liked how 2nd Yuno looked so innocent on that scene, but she's not well-animated. I wish the two of them would have a longer conversation, and one would recognize the other. Also, c'mon. You see a stranger that just looks like you and wants to kill you. Won't you at least think it's a doppel, or an evil brother, or something?

2. I'm not sure you have noticed, but in the manga, it is implied the world is destroyed because Yukki does nothing and simply lets it die. In the anime, his declaration as the winner stops the destruction, as you can clearly see – but 10,000 years in the future, the world is reduced to nothing. I think this hints that mankind killed itself in the anime between this timespan.

3. I'm glad they got rid of the hammer ending, and just hinted at it in the end. But couldn't they change this very part? You see, Deus is able to create an artificial human being and to insert memories and his will into it (Akise, remember?) So, why not leave 3rd world Yuno alone and let Deus create an artificial 1st Yuno with her memories prior to her death? Since he can imbue his own will into her, he could have easily have told her the survival game was over, and make her meet Yukki. And Yukki wouldn't need to know she was artificial. Ignorance is bliss. :)
Deus_Ex_DiabolusApr 16, 2012 3:20 PM
Apr 16, 2012 3:13 PM

Mar 2011
Gotta admit, I did feel sad that this was ending. I liked the ending, slightly different to the manga which is alright. But I don't see a season 2.
I'll miss Yuno and her psychotic ways... :(
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Apr 16, 2012 3:22 PM
Apr 2012
Minene-sama said:
Gotta admit, I did feel sad that this was ending. I liked the ending, slightly different to the manga which is alright. But I don't see a season 2.

You miss her? Then look at this (from Big Order):

"Yuuno is back."

What the fuck do they mean?
Apr 16, 2012 3:26 PM
Jan 2012
Deus_Ex_Diabolus said:
Minene-sama said:

You miss her? Then look at this (from Big Order):

"Yuuno is back."

What the fuck do they mean?

I like Rin better than Yuno, she's badass.
Apr 16, 2012 3:27 PM

Dec 2011
I guess its time to say goodbye to one of my favorite anime.
This has been a hell of a ride, which is fun.
Now to comment on the episode.

I am glad that Yuno realized her situation... that she became so twisted.
And she never wanted to be this way. Hell, I love YUNO!

I havent finished the manga yet... but this is my opinion on why the TIME APOCALYPSE did not appear. If the Survival Game didn't happen in the third world, then it won't happen. This is the only reason I could think of. And Yukiteru and Murmur stabilized the second world and completely cut its ties from the third world. Thus the causality continuum did not collapse.

I am satisfied to see the other diary users with a happy end,
Minene and Nishijima have babies. Ahahaha.
Third World Ninth made her name as a famous terrorist!
Tsubaki having a good sleep and she is innocent.
Marco and Ai will have a baby
Kurusu's son is healthy
Reisuke with his parents.
Hinata, Mao, Kousaka, and Akise are having fun and with Tenth.
And 3rd and 12th hitting it off together. They became such good friends....

but I didn't like Moe with Yukiteru.
Yukiteru only belongs to Yuno!!!!

In the end, Yuno met second world Yuki. Stop bombarding me with mysteries.

Time to say goodbye to this epic series. It made my Sundays full of life.
10/10 For me.

And cannot wait for the big project. It is either Mirai Nikki Paradox or another manga of Sakae Esuno.
Might check out the drama and this big project and the other works.
FijiApr 16, 2012 4:20 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 2011
Yukki looked like Ichigo in Mugetsu form.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2012
ClaudiusClotaire said:
Big Order?!

Yeah, a new manga from the same author of Mirai Nikki. The protagonist is very similiar to Yukki. He even blames himself for wanting "the destruction of the world..." (though his personality and name are different, so there is no way this is Yukki...)
Apr 16, 2012 3:28 PM

Aug 2011
was gonna rate this anime an 8/10 but the ending afterwards where Yuno somehow sees Yuki bumped it up to a 9. A second season would be nice, in my opinion. This anime was very interesting so I don't see how a second season would be bad :D
Apr 16, 2012 3:46 PM

Mar 2012
Well dang...i wont rant at people who didn't like this series but holy Jesus did i love it. I had no idea what i was expecting for the ending so im glad i wasn't disappointed in the end.

And new project? ummm i can see yuno again plz? pretty plz?
Apr 16, 2012 3:54 PM

Aug 2009
10/10

Yukki will be my favorite character, forever.
Apr 16, 2012 3:55 PM
Apr 2012
I loved the series, and with the way it ended I am ready for more! I loved the floating baby at the end lmao!
Apr 16, 2012 3:59 PM

Sep 2011
Wanted to see Minene kick some more ass, even after what happened last episode, but I guess that was asking too much :P

Would've also liked to see her surprised reaction in seeing her babies fly like in the manga, but it was funny nonetheless.

9/10 overall
Apr 16, 2012 4:01 PM
May 2011
That ending gave me strong Phantom Dust vibes. All I have to say is, "Serves you right, asshole!"
Apr 16, 2012 4:04 PM

Jan 2009
Kyousuke_Rei said:
That ending gave me strong Phantom Dust vibes. All I have to say is, "Serves you right, asshole!"

OMG someone else who actually played Phantom Dust <3
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Apr 16, 2012 4:06 PM
May 2011
Sery said:
Kyousuke_Rei said:

OMG someone else who actually played Phantom Dust <3

It's a shame that Yukiteru is too much of a scumbag to restore the world like the PD protagonist or even the original Edgar.
Apr 16, 2012 4:12 PM

Oct 2011
Pretty nice ending, I actually expected an insane or mind**** ending from this type of anime.
I cried when Yuki hugged Yuno and Yuno stabbed herself, probably the best part of the episode.
8/10 overall, the first half being amazing with episodes that kept me hooked with all the insanity, and the second half being a bit more convoluted but still pretty good overall.
KefkirothApr 16, 2012 4:26 PM
Apr 16, 2012 4:16 PM

Aug 2011
What the fuck, that totally ended great! What was with everyone saying that the manga ending sucked when this show first aired?

Actually scratch that. Just saw the last few seconds. Damn I hate cliffhangers/inconclusive endings, but the fact that Yuno came to the empty world might have just been a hallucination or an extra touch? Maybe they'll elaborate on that with the "next project". Hmm.
Apr 16, 2012 4:19 PM

Aug 2011
So it's finally over. The first 13 or so episodes were simply incredible for me. My jaw hit the floor every week and I was left wanting more. I would give this batch a 10 if they had made a cliffhanger ending half way through the story, but alas it's 26 eps.

I thought the show got progressively worse to watch after 7th's conclusion and downright ridiculous towards the end with the Murmur DBZ fight. Even so, Yuno's sacrifice made me tear up and was pleasantly surprised with how they structured the ending. Better.

It wasn't perfect but maybe they might animate hammertime as an OVA for the BD's? Similar to P4A's route. I'm ok with this.

Much preferred the manga but I'd give this series an 8/10. A rewatch might be in order later because of the censorship issues throughout.
DakoApr 16, 2012 4:30 PM
Apr 16, 2012 4:26 PM

Oct 2009
Great series but ending....eh.
Yuki looks like a chick with long hair XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2012 4:30 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode and pretty good adaption overall; it was fast paced in some parts; and in the anime they made Yuno seem even more psycho than in the manga; since in the manga she was more cold and calculating while in the anime she was well... in any case the ending was pretty much the same; for those who read the manga they all know what the "breaking" implies with the light shining in; so even if they didn't show the "hammer" scene it still occurred. Great series, which undoubtedly created the best Yandere i have ever seen. It seems like they might animate Paradox next.
Apr 16, 2012 4:33 PM

May 2009
God damnit, we didn't even get to see Yuno breaking the space-time continuum with a hammer!
Apr 16, 2012 4:36 PM

Dec 2011
Now I finally get what people say about Yuno's hammer.
Guys, read the manga's end. You will understand what they are talking about.

It might probably go into a special or something.
Apr 16, 2012 4:48 PM
Oct 2011
I really loved this show.Had a great feeling and was very differnt from other stuff.I normaly just think the ending gets the same rating as the rest.So great :) I really really did not think there would be a season two though..I don't know how that will work..But hey I was sad it was ending so i'll watch it <3
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Apr 22

23 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Yesterday, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

364 by Konyalianimekizi »»
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.