Forum Settings
Forums

Atarashii! - Modern MAL for Android (1.3.1! Whitelisted and back online!)

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 7, 2013 11:27 AM

Dec 2009
Just wanted to comment that this app gets better and better, hope you don't stop supporting it!
Feb 9, 2013 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
Wow great app !
Thank you for this wondeful application.
Feb 19, 2013 3:42 PM
Jan 2010
I'm like a week late posting here, but just wanted to let everyone know that Atarashii! 1.2.1 is out on the stable channel. Mostly just the fixes that were in the beta, but I did manage to sneak a few changes in to the detail view. Namely the picture now scrolls properly with the rest of the cards, rather than being fixed.

Anyways, enjoy~
Feb 20, 2013 7:48 PM

Jan 2011
I would like to thank you for bringing this wonderful app into creation. Its fun to show my friends some of the shows I watch easily. I look foward to the update that will let me add titles using the app.
D-Gold's MAL status 4/10/2013 anime list completed. Manga titles and anime list proofreading pending.
Feb 24, 2013 10:09 AM

Dec 2011
Just wanted to thank you for this masterpiece of app :D
Apr 5, 2013 11:35 AM
Jan 2010
Necromancy! Its definitely been a while since our last update, but its finally here! 1.3 is now available (as a beta) on Google Play!

So, what's new? Oh, only just Search and Add, directly from the app.

Oh, and miscellaneous fixes. Stay tuned for more, we do still have some tweaks and fixes to make before releasing to the stable channel. We'll keep you posted :)
Apr 12, 2013 1:07 AM

Jan 2009
I've had this app on my phone since I got my smartphone and I love it. But I did the new update and every time I open the app now it force closes on me. Is this a bug or what?
Apr 12, 2013 4:39 AM

Oct 2012
THANK YOOOOUU! :D
Apr 12, 2013 5:32 AM
Jan 2010
@buwie: Definitely a bug. Curious, is your phone on Android 2.2/3? It's where we're seeing a vast majority of problems. Definitely looking into fixes tonight, stick with us. :)

@vbyo: You're welcome!

So yeah, fixes later tonight. Probably.
Apr 12, 2013 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
@AnimaSA: It's a 2.3.4 Alrighty I'll check for an update then when I go on break at work^^
Apr 12, 2013 1:03 PM

Mar 2013
I love you! THANKS!
Apr 12, 2013 3:35 PM

Apr 2009
I found this a little while ago and still love it! Much thanks~
Apr 16, 2013 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
Today I have encountered a problem with the application. The beta version has forced closed since you released it and the main application was doing fine until today where it forced closed me when I try to update and sync. I uninstalled and reinstalled the main atarashii application but it says there is an error when I sign into the application with my mal account.
I am using a Samsung galaxy S2 and I have sent error report BTW.

I hope you can fix this soon since I am going to miss looking through my list on my phone and I like your application the best out of the ones I tried^_^

Update: It started working like usual the next day. The beta still crashes when I try to sync though.
D-AurumApr 18, 2013 1:29 AM
D-Gold's MAL status 4/10/2013 anime list completed. Manga titles and anime list proofreading pending.
Jul 4, 2013 12:36 PM

Mar 2012
often force close, please fix this
~Go see as much as you can~
Jul 22, 2013 2:54 AM

Mar 2013
it would be awesome if we could check the reviews of anime/manga written by the mal users.
[25/04/14 4:04:39 PM] Skitzo: doujins have deep psychological undertones about the sexual intrigue of human behavior
Aug 6, 2013 4:59 PM
Jan 2010
Hi again! Through the power of voodoo magic, I'm reviving the thread yet again to announce that Atarashii! 1.3 is now in the stable channel! Since the first beta over 4 months ago we've done numerous fixes and even added another hotly requested feature: offline support!

Also, we now have just about 2000 active users! Thanks so much for sticking with us, and look forward to what we have planned next as we're nowhere near done :)
Aug 9, 2013 6:21 AM

Oct 2009
Keep it up! I don't really use the app (I never update my list manually) but I still like to have it on my phone for the sake of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2013 7:57 AM
May 2009
Hi, I've noticed a little problem since I've got 2 android devices: if I update my animelist on one device, the other device does not show the updated list. But if I press "Full Sync" on this device then the outdated list gets synced to my list. So it would be useful to have an update-function which just pulls the data from the API to get the updates which have been made on the other device.

EDIT: it's working correctly now, so maybe it was just related to the API issues lately.
DamnNickChoosingOct 27, 2013 12:34 AM
Oct 2, 2013 5:04 AM
Nov 2010
Great looking app, but I've noticed that shows I've marked as re watching aren't showing up in the 'In progress' section.
Nov 2, 2013 2:26 PM
Jul 2012
Constantly Crash :(
Exception class name: java.lang.NullPointerException
Source file: MALManager.java
Source Class: net.somethingdreadful.MAL.MALManager
Source method: downloadAndStoreList
Line Number: 158
Nov 5, 2013 9:21 PM
Apr 2013
This app constantly crashes now for me too, and sync never works anymore. Is the problem with API changes that Atarashii needs to be updated to fix, or is the problem with the MAL and their API just being slow or timing out or something? Pretty frusterating as I always use Atarashii to update progress.
Nov 6, 2013 7:06 PM

Mar 2012
It's related to the post at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=682709

We should be making a new release later this week that will be whitelisted.
Developer, sysadmin, and anime addict.
Have an Android smartphone? Try Atarashii!
Nov 7, 2013 10:32 PM
Jan 2010
1.3.1 should be rolling out now! We're back online and running.

Currently though search isn't returning results, but that's fixable server-side, so it should come back on soon as well.
Nov 8, 2013 12:11 AM

Feb 2012
AnimaSA said:
1.3.1 should be rolling out now! We're back online and running.

Currently though search isn't returning results, but that's fixable server-side, so it should come back on soon as well.

Yay! I've missed this app!
Nov 8, 2013 1:20 PM
Jun 2010
I like the app, but why is the text size so inconsistent? Like all the cards except synopsis is huge compared to the rest of the app.
Dec 10, 2013 4:56 PM

Dec 2007
I've been trying to use this app recently since it's updated. Unfortunately, it crashes on me every time I try doing a title search. :( Maybe it's the phone I'm using since it's a Pantech Breakout?
Dec 13, 2013 5:49 AM

Sep 2008
the app cant handel my big complete list and freez everytime i try to open it
Dec 17, 2013 7:27 AM

Aug 2010
Very nice app, but recently I have had problems with synchronizing my list.

Jan 6, 2014 12:22 PM
Apr 2013
Hi! I like this app, and there a just a few features I would really love to see added:

- adding your MAL friends & being able to browse their lists in the same way as yours
- organizing the lists by score/tag as well as title

Any plans to incorporate those? (I apologize in advance if they are there, and I just haven't been able to find them). Thanks for all your hard work!
Jan 8, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
Hi jeskaeli,

jeskaeli said:

- adding your MAL friends & being able to browse their lists in the same way as yours
- organizing the lists by score/tag as well as title

We already created a list which allows you to view the profile of your friends.
This will be most likely introduced at version 1.4.

jeskaeli said:
being able to browse their lists in the same way as yours

This isn't available currently and I am not sure if we will add it in the future.

Still thanks for your request.
Ratan12Jan 8, 2014 12:47 PM
[center]
Feb 20, 2014 11:38 PM

Nov 2013
Hi there,

I just downloaded the app yesterday. Sync works just fine and I love how the simple list also has cover picture shining through behind each title ^o^

But there is one problem and I don't know if my bad/slow internet connection is causing it.
The app freezes at various times (not always) when I want to update an entry.
It ALWAYS crashes when I want to remove something from my list.

My phone: Samsung Galaxy S3, 4.3 Jelly Bean

When will 1.4 be released? Curious me ^^

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Edit:
Since today my app won't show my lists and if it does, it's not synched. Tried logging out and in again, still the same :(
yunaroseFeb 24, 2014 8:53 AM
Mar 6, 2014 3:08 AM

Apr 2013
yunarose said:

When will 1.4 be released? Curious me ^^

The beta is planned to be released on the first quarter this year but it can get a bit delayed.

yunarose said:

But there is one problem and I don't know if my bad/slow internet connection is causing it.
The app freezes at various times (not always) when I want to update an entry.
It ALWAYS crashes when I want to remove something from my list.
Since today my app won't show my lists and if it does, it's not synched. Tried logging out and in again, still the same :(

Hmm it sounds like a problem I encountered by myself...
I am not sure but if it is the same issue: it should be fixed in the next version(1.4).
Ratan12Mar 6, 2014 3:52 AM
[center]
Mar 20, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
As a quick update, the 1.4 beta is now out, you can find it at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.somethingdreadful.MAL.beta

It uses a much improved method of communication, so that should hopefully be much more stable. Also, it's using a completely new API that Ratan12 and I coded up.

Technical API stuff follows:

The Ruby-based API we were using, and which 1.3 still uses, was somewhat of a dead end as nobody in the developer team on Atarashii knows Ruby well enough to expand on it and there hasn't been much movement at all by the original developer or any contributors at the source. As a result, we moved to a solid PHP frameworks (Symfony) and coded up something compatible. Along the way, we were able to quickly add new features to the API like extended searching support, top, upcoming, and recently added lists, profile viewing and friend support.

We hope to add more advanced features like expanded anime and manga details (start, finish dates, rewatch/reread support, etc) to the API so that Atarashii itself can allow these to be shown and edited.
Mar 22, 2014 6:39 PM

Nov 2013
motokochan said:

We hope to add more advanced features like expanded anime and manga details (start, finish dates, rewatch/reread support, etc) to the API so that Atarashii itself can allow these to be shown and edited.

Fingers crossed here!

As for the beta, I've been using it for a while now and am very happy with it :) Sync works really fast now even though my internet connection is so bad and slow :D no freezing or crashing til now.
Thank you!!!
Mar 23, 2014 1:55 AM

Nov 2011
motokochan said:
As a result, we moved to a solid PHP frameworks (Symfony) and coded up something compatible.

Why did you choose PHP rather than ASP.NET ?
Mar 23, 2014 9:06 AM

Mar 2012
TocoToucan said:

Why did you choose PHP rather than ASP.NET ?

Well, both of us (Ratan and I) know PHP. I'm not sure how well he knows .NET, but I'm just mediocre with it. Building in .NET would mean learning another major API (probably ASP.NET Web API), but Symfony doesn't have a huge curve if you are already familiar with OO PHP. That was the majority of the reason there.

Also, I already had a Linux server for my personal stuff that was also hosting the Atarashii website and the old Ruby API. That avoided me spending more on another server just for one application.
Apr 14, 2014 1:52 PM

Mar 2012
This pertains to the API sites running for the application.

I have recently discovered that several applications for MyAnimeList have been using the API endpoints I set up for the Atarashii! application. While I'm very flattered, I have had to resort to blocking them. I'm running the services on a server for which I personally pay each month without any special income or donations for its use.

I don't mind Atarashii! using the service as I'm involved in the project, but I do mind other people using it without asking me first, as the potential exists for increased costs.

If anyone wants to use the API hosted on my server for their application, please contact me first and we can discuss your needs. I'm open to allowing access, but I need to know and plan for it, especially if you expect it to be used a lot.
Apr 18, 2014 11:23 AM

Mar 2012
It looks like Incapsula (the service MAL uses for "protection") is having some issues with our API server. Unfortunately, that means the application will not update until this is resolved. All changes should queue in the application until connectivity is restored, but adding, searching, and fetching details will not work.

I've contacted the admin of this site in hopes that a solution can be found soon.
Jan 8, 2015 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
Our API service, which is used by the application for communicating with MyAnimeList, has been blocked by the owner of the MyAnimeList website. The Atarashii! application will not work until we are unblocked.

Edit: We are unblocked!
Ratan12Jan 9, 2015 9:46 AM
[center]
Jan 8, 2015 1:17 PM

Apr 2011
Ratan12 said:
Our API service, which is used by the application for communicating with MyAnimeList, has been blocked by the owner of the MyAnimeList website. The Atarashii! application will not work until we are unblocked.

I got a mini heart attack thinking I was hacked (got a note saying wrong password)...

MAL - pls
Jan 10, 2015 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
Homm said:

I got a mini heart attack thinking I was hacked (got a note saying wrong password)...

Hahah, yes, the API couldn't make the request and send an error code to Atarashii which was recognized as wrong password XD
[center]
Feb 2, 2015 4:55 PM
Oct 2012
I've been using this app for a couple of weeks and till now it worked flawlessly. I still do really like the design and layout but for some reason it rarely syncs up well with my MAL account which is quite frustrating. Should I reinstall it? What if that doesn't work?
Feb 2, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
RyuuKu18, what version are you using? I'm not seeing any major issues right now, but you may have run into a bug.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

24 by WaffleMaster89 »»
2 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

360 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - Apr 19

2 by W3TFT »»
Yesterday, 9:13 AM

» CSS List Designs by Valerio Lyndon / V.L

Valerio_Lyndon - Sep 9, 2022

23 by karmashizzle »»
Apr 21, 6:01 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

3 by Kwanthemaster »»
Apr 21, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.