Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 22, 2022 3:40 PM

Aug 2019
The only good thing about this film was Phill Collins music lmao

The dub is hilarious. I couldn't take anything seriously.

And WTF, did I just witness a brother kiss his other twin brother when he was asleep and sick?

And then they kiss again, huh?

the end got me rolling, "Yeah"... "YEAH"...."eeeh, Good morning Jay".........."good morning"... "so, what do you wanna eat"

"Yogurt"

How am I supposed to go back to my normal life after witnessing whatever this film was 
Jan 6, 2023 6:55 PM

Oct 2021
Cipher is so baffling, I was enthralled by it's absurdity and the ridiculous line delivery, but I think it leaves an impact because a lot of care was put into it. I tried reading some of the manga and was surprised at how faithful an adaptation Cipher the Video ended up being - they just went about it in an unconventional way and didn't manage to quite get the tone they wanted (I'm not sure how it was recieved in Japan, maybe it worked better?). It's surprising how certain bits of Cipher really stick with you - I was thinking about the let's hear it for the boy sequence for months afterwards, and if that's not the mark of an interesting piece of visual media, I'm not sure what it. Definitely deserves its cult staus.

Oh my god I've just realised I'm 10 years late.
Mar 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Apr 2008
Very strange anime. I was even more surprised when I heard the Phil Collins song, but also the Footloose song. 26 minutes of music and dubbed voice in New York. :D
Mar 25, 2023 7:08 PM

Jan 2020
The anime of all time.

The songs were BANGERS though. Also a nice aesthetic.

I liked the part of the interview too, it looked good.

As for the ending... Incest is wincest I guess? I barely understood what the anime was about.
eblf2013Mar 25, 2023 7:12 PM
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Sep 28, 2023 8:26 AM

Nov 2013
Not as mind-blowingly bad as the reactions of others led me to believe. It's basically just a glorified trailer.

The voice acting brings me memories of practice recordings on those CDs that were bundled with English-learning textbooks.
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 29, 2023 4:48 PM

Jul 2011
How can this possibly not have a Music tag or something.
It's far more about Music than... anything else it is about ?

Though with that voice acting, the songs were actually the better parts.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.