Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2019 11:52 AM
Sep 2019
As a person reading this years after its publishing, I'd like to share my thoughts on why it was both good and bad.

The pacing of the story starts out well in the beginning. You get a sense that Akira's troubled past will be thoroughly explained. But to my dismay, I was extremely disappointed in how the author decided to emphasize certain events. The chapter when he explains how his parents were murdered and his childhood home burned, left a bad taste in my mouth(and tons of questions unanswered). It seemed the men sent to "kill" his parents were also tasked in taking the mother(werewolf). I assume this due to the cold manner in which they deemed him an unimportant half breed(paraphrasing) and left him for dead. Otherwise, he would've been shot on sight. Why wasnt the corporation or person responsible ever brought to light? What was the purpose of going to the middle of nowhere Alaska to kill people completely minding their own business? I don't understand why he didn't take the golden opportunity to start a 'my mother's still alive' arc later down the line. In my opinion, this mysterious entity could've provided a much more viable antagonist than Haguro(an unhinged masochistic sadist trapped in a man-child body with a sprinkle of inferiority complex, yeah we can do better).

As other people pointed out, I found the 10 or so chapters of Aoshika's rape unnecessary. I get that you want readers to be gripped with emotion but it went on for an uncomfortably long time(we get it, you rape). But, I also think this is where the author's writing shines. The build up of high tensile situations leaving you wondering 'what's next?' and 'why am I so emotionally invested?'(i.e. Kuro's school shooter bonanza, Chiba's resurrection, Aoshika's rape, Haguro's consumption of Inugami's fingers).

Did anyone else find it, discomforting how ineffective the police were at their job? The only purpose they served was to hinder our protagonist's movements. Meanwhile two different 15 year old boys are playing terrorist at their school. Even after the fact, they're only able to confine him to his aunt's home. Yet, they still couldn't even manage that. It seemed the author was projecting on the inefficiency of Japanese policing.

Ah shit, here we go... The death match between Inugami and Haguro was lack luster and anti-climatic. We see Inugami seemingly on the cusp of death, limbs and appendages missing, fighting a "buffed" Haguro(due to consumption of Inugami's fingers). In a moment, we see Inugami transform to his werewolf state, for God knows what reason. It was as if, Aoshika became the moon itself for Inugami in his time of need(cue Saitama OK meme). As quickly as it started, it ended. For someone who was supposedly buffed, you died disappointingly easy. I kept thinking he's going to get back up and we're going to have another epic scuffle, Inugami is going to go into his last last stand and... Nope! You shut your goddamned mouth! Who said you could make the story better?!

We now arrive to the ending of the story, Inugami assumed dead. To our surprise... NANI! Inugami is alive! He awakens in some sort of laboratory that would've been a perfect loop in for the 'my mother is still alive' arc. Explanations as to the why his family was targeted and why I'm still alive(and possibly being experimented on) can finally come to light. Nope, here's a no explanation ending with Inugami and Aoshika embracing.

Ehhh... oh, there must be a sequel or some... Once again, shut your damn mouth. That is the ending. So, here I sit limp dick in hand, unsatisfied to say the least.

I'm missing points that I've forgotten to mention, but if you have any ideas that would better the plot, feel free to comment or whatever.

-EnslaveAllHumans
Nov 20, 2019 1:27 PM

Jul 2014
I really hope the author comes back to this series. Like the others said, I really enjoyed it besides the rape part. But the first 30-40 chapters are absolutely wonderful and just great to read.

Does anyone have any suggestions to manga similar to this? Would like to read any if possible!! I really hope these two make another project!
Sep 18, 2023 8:29 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2015:

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami no Monshou - Wolf Guy Chapter 70 Discussion

fragile_predato - Sep 1, 2010

6 by Nakir-kun »»
Apr 19, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Wolf Guy: Ookami no Monshou Chapter 85 Discussion

removed-user - May 19, 2023

1 by moaz3434 »»
Jul 17, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Wolf Guy: Ookami no Monshou Chapter 114 Discussion

removed-user - May 20, 2023

0 by removed-user »»
May 20, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Wolf Guy: Ookami no Monshou Chapter 113 Discussion

0 by removed-user »»
May 20, 2023 3:36 PM

Poll: » Wolf Guy: Ookami no Monshou Chapter 110 Discussion

0 by removed-user »»
May 20, 2023 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.