MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A »» Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 2 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

20 48.78%
4 out of 5: Liked it

16 39.02%
3 out of 5: It was OK

4 9.76%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 2.44%
Voters: 41

04-15-12, 11:01 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The whole team is together now and ready to go off to the regional tournament.

Poor Shizuno getting blisters on her fingers from too much mahjong. Oh well, it's all for the best in the long run I guess.
Best selling Light Novel volumes of 2014/all time*.
*that there is data for

A light novel is not a manga. They are completely different things. Please do not refer to 'the manga' when talking about a light novel series, unless you are specifically referring to a manga adaptation that it may have received.
Likewise a light novel is not a genre. Judging a series based on it being a light novel or adaptation of one merely makes you look like an idiot.

04-15-12, 11:21 AM

That's proof for Shizuno for practice a lot of games.

Too bad we won't see they play until the national.

Anyway why showing off Teru in the end of preview? Rofl :D

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

04-15-12, 12:00 PM

Geeze Shizuno, she practices to the point of injury, hopefully those blisters don't affect her game.

The whole team is assembled so we will see some mahjong epicness soon although we did get a taste of some this episode.

04-15-12, 12:14 PM

Ako is too visually appealing dammit...calm down Game...

Anyways looks like we will blitz the prefectural games just like in the manga, thats a shame they could REALLY make this into a 24 episode series if they actually showed the full matches in the anime.

Next week
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

04-15-12, 12:15 PM

Looks like Bansei is the equivalent of Ryuumonbuchi from the first Saki.

04-15-12, 12:37 PM

how dare they tease me with tacos at the end of the last episode and then not show her at all this episode

04-15-12, 12:44 PM

The team is finally assembled!

Special mention to the ending, especially Kuro's tiles who catch fire when Ako returns a tile from the wall adding 4 more Doras to Kuro ^^, and Arata playing bowling with a tile.
Modified by Zenithale, 04-15-12, 12:56 PM

04-15-12, 12:45 PM

Arata Arata ARATA ARATA ARATA
...admired someone, stopped playing... oh boy, my heart is exploding!

Now waiting for Chhaya and Taichi.

04-15-12, 1:34 PM
Forum Moderator
I can never get tired of Saki no matter whether it's the manga or anime it's just so much fun to read.
And again this is a great group to watch they seem so lively and full of spirit.
Though it seems like they will have some challenges up ahead.

Arata seems like the person who worships people around her and she might be a source of information for the group i wonder what her play style will be.
The sister seems a bit strange having it cold all the time must be hard for her during winter.

Akado is a great coach and i wonder how other teams will respond knowing she is the coach of this team.
I also wonder how she get hired so quickly she might have a teacher licence but the school will also have a teacher shortage to hire someone so fast.

04-15-12, 1:50 PM

Where is my exploding, reality bending mahjong with Evil Eyes, demons and such?! o.O

But that was very nice episode indeed.
I like the team - ok they are not as peculiar as girls from parent series but promising
also the coach is nice - she has a nice goal
and I liked climate of this episode, it was simply "good" :)
Please join this club if you wish for news threads of un-aired anime to be unlocked/stop being locked!

04-15-12, 2:14 PM

Zenithale said:
Special mention to the ending, especially Kuro's tiles who catch fire when Ako returns a tile from the wall adding 4 more Doras to Kuro ^^, and Arata playing bowling with a tile.
Agreed. My son (!?) insisted playing the end credits again cause it was so fun.

Really surprised here. This is yet another instance of me getting curious how they could make an anime on some odd seeming topic and getting interested as a result. Though, not nearly as surprised as finding my son finds it interesting also - on the other hand, I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised, as we're both big into strategy board games.

04-15-12, 2:21 PM

Cratex said:
Zenithale said:
Agreed. My son (!?) insisted playing the end credits again cause it was so fun.

Really surprised here. This is yet another instance of me getting curious how they could make an anime on some odd seeming topic and getting interested as a result. Though, not nearly as surprised as finding my son finds it interesting also - on the other hand, I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised, as we're both big into strategy board games.

It's parent series was doing it also (btw if you haven't seen it - it's best to see it first than Side-A as there is some spoiler coming)
plus it was mixing good characters, over the top gameplay and that nice climate - and that mix worked

luckilly I feel some simlar vibes here, so I will enjoy it
Please join this club if you wish for news threads of un-aired anime to be unlocked/stop being locked!

04-15-12, 3:05 PM

Dalek-baka said:
It's parent series was doing it also (btw if you haven't seen it - it's best to see it first than Side-A as there is some spoiler coming)
Bother! I've already got way to much on my plate this season's shows and trying to play catch-up on Kimi to Boku.

04-15-12, 3:38 PM

Looking forward to those fiery matches once more!

04-15-12, 4:03 PM

The whole team is made at last.

The tournament is up next.

04-15-12, 5:06 PM

Watching for Teru next week.

That is all.

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!

04-15-12, 5:06 PM

Watching for Teru next week.

That is all.

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!

04-15-12, 5:55 PM

Gotta like to see kids think they are the best in the world while they wouldn't even make the selection for Saki's fodder half asleep morning training.

I don't know but I feel that the cast of this season is too normal and is very lacking in something I have a hard time describing. Teru will probably show them how real magic mahjong is played.

I'll probably rewatch the first season sometime soon for good old time's sake.

04-15-12, 6:29 PM

Maddo_scientisto said:

I don't know but I feel that the cast of this season is too normal and is very lacking in something I have a hard time describing.

Lesbian power?
Magical mahjong hax?

Either way what they lack in strength they make up in effort! (not that it will help them against Teru)
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

04-15-12, 6:40 PM

game8910 said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

I don't know but I feel that the cast of this season is too normal and is very lacking in something I have a hard time describing.

Lesbian power?
Magical mahjong hax?

Either way what they lack in strength they make up in effort! (not that it will help them against Teru)

Not really. (Between that long straight hair girl got a pretty much hax ability herself too)
The design of the character, their unity, their personality, etc.
These character feel pretty flat next to Saki's group, they pretty much look like a fodder school that lose in the first few rounds. Even the rivals schools in Saki were more interesting and had much varied design..
Even Nodoka (who was the seemingly normal girl in Saki) in ep 1 had an aura that these new girl don't have.

I still like this season, the character aren't that bad in itself... I just think that they do not hold a candle to Saki's cast.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices