Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2012 5:41 AM

Nov 2011
Love the differences between the two views of Yuuko = Ghost Troll

Yuuko is such a great character, "Teii-kun no ecchi" LOL XD
Apr 16, 2012 6:24 AM

May 2011
LOL at ghost troll

A nice ED I would say.
Apr 16, 2012 7:13 AM

Sep 2011
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is basically Baka Test + the non-gore parts of Another. And I like both series. So you could see how I freaking love this one. Takayama Katsuhiko (the screenwriter) + Shin Oonuma (the director) really make a great duo in anime.
Apr 16, 2012 7:15 AM

Aug 2010
For a while I thought SHAFT took over and that the show is becoming serious. Then the MC saw Yuuko "naked", hilarious. I do wonder how can they be sure if the corpse belongs to her since she has no recollection of where she had died. Great show, hope it keeps up! 5/5.
Apr 16, 2012 7:16 AM

Jun 2011
really interesting
Apr 16, 2012 7:19 AM

Mar 2008
Why does Silver Link tries so hard to copy the Shaft?
What was that ridiculous chase scene?
What were all those cutouts?
Those unfunny gags?

What has happened to the suspense and sensuality?
That's the same Yuuko I know?

There's something very wrong in the direction of this anime.

My ass almost fell out of my butt with the first episode and that absurd repetition of the scenes. It was the only opportunity - perhaps - to play with the unseen presence of Yuuko there and they threw it away.
Imagine how would be fantastic if in the elevator scene Yuuko was not shown and we could only hear the voice of Teiichi talking to himself. Only one example of missed opportunity.

I'll watch the third episode to understand the mess they made with the script, but I'm well discouraged.
Apr 16, 2012 7:22 AM

Mar 2008
ZeroZx said:
Lmao Yuuko is fucking awesome, I love her already. Her antics are just so fun to watch.

Mixed feelings... This Yuuko don't seem to be the same Yuuko. There's something strange about hear.
Apr 16, 2012 7:26 AM

Jun 2009
mrghost_00 said:
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is basically Baka Test + the non-gore parts of Another. And I like both series. So you could see how I freaking love this one. Takayama Katsuhiko (the screenwriter) + Shin Oonuma (the director) really make a great duo in anime.

I really don't have a freaking clue why does this get compared to Another besides both being horror. It's not even close. It, being non-gore is already a glaring difference between the two. Plus, this about a ghost with amnesia and mysteries surrounding the school not some curse that kills people.

Anyway, I really like this episode. I know they are going to stick the original material so lol at the impatient manga fans last week.
Apr 16, 2012 7:27 AM

Mar 2008
ssjokg said:
nosat said:
Question for anyone who's fully read the manga...

No.Unless it becomes a huge plot twist in the future.

Nope.

Apr 16, 2012 7:28 AM

Jan 2008
So much boob grab.
Apr 16, 2012 7:29 AM

Mar 2008
-Quasar said:
mrghost_00 said:

I really don't have a freaking clue why does this get compared to Another besides both being horror. It's not even close. It, being non-gore is already a glaring difference between the two. Plus, this about a ghost with amnesia and mysteries surrounding the school not some curse that kills people.

Anyway, I really like this episode. I know they are going to stick the original material so lol at the impatient manga fans last week.

Tasogare Otome is just a love history about a man alive and a dead girl.
Poor thing...
Apr 16, 2012 7:32 AM

Jun 2009
PaninaManina said:
Poor thing...

What I saw in this episode is basically what I saw it in the manga. Try to loosen up a bit maybe you'll actually enjoy it. Plus, there have always been gags in it. It's not like the anime put it out there.
Apr 16, 2012 7:44 AM

Feb 2012
PaninaManina said:
My ass almost fell out of my butt with the first episode and that absurd repetition of the scenes. It was the only opportunity - perhaps - to play with the unseen presence of Yuuko there and they threw it away.

You're contradicting yourself. The whole point of the mirrored scenes was to play with the unseen presence of Yuuko -- which, I have to admit, wouldn't have been as possible if this week's episode had been episode 1. I was on the fence about the repeated scene last week, but appreciate it now that I've seen that last week's episode was the best place to do it.

But why do you say that showing Yuuko in the elevator was a missed opportunity? At that point, the gag was already done -- we already knew Yuuko existed, so it wouldn't have been funny to not show her. I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Apr 16, 2012 7:55 AM

Mar 2008
-Quasar said:
PaninaManina said:
Poor thing...

What I saw in this episode is basically what I saw it in the manga. Try to loosen up a bit maybe you'll actually enjoy it. Plus, there have always been gags in it. It's not like the anime put it out there.

Yes, manga have gags, but not ripoffs of Shaft.

In my humble opinion, this episode could be like this:

Apr 16, 2012 7:59 AM

Oct 2010
blackstar44Apr 16, 2012 8:03 AM
Apr 16, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2009
PaninaManina said:
-Quasar said:
PaninaManina said:
Poor thing...

Yes, manga have gags, but not ripoffs of Shaft.

In my humble opinion, this episode could be like this:

They go by the manga adaptation of course it wouldn't start with Chapter 2 no matter how it will look good to you. Also, that passed day is irrelevant since it's only purpose serves as people not being able to see her which was basically covered by Okonogi's scene. You go on about how there are useless scenes that could have been avoided but you keep bringing this up.

The chase scene is what it is. Those cutscene didn't make it anything less impactful because any sort of suspense was gone when Teiichi "casually" grabbed Okonogi in that scene (while being composed, not even bit of surprised whatsoever) when I was reading that in the manga. Which makes it obvious that Yuuko was behind it.

Again, you're just being uptight about this but I don't have a problem with your opinion.
Apr 16, 2012 8:09 AM

Nov 2011
blackstar44 said:

LOL This season is amazing
Apr 16, 2012 8:12 AM

Jan 2008
blackstar44 said:

Japan's amazing ability to convert anything horrendous and out of this world into a 'kawaii moe' girl.
PaulApr 16, 2012 8:26 AM
Apr 16, 2012 8:16 AM

Mar 2008
Hakuromatsu said:
PaninaManina said:

You're contradicting yourself. The whole point of the mirrored scenes was to play with the unseen presence of Yuuko -- which, I have to admit, wouldn't have been as possible if this week's episode had been episode 1. I was on the fence about the repeated scene last week, but appreciate it now that I've seen that last week's episode was the best place to do it.

I can't see this like you, sadly.
In mangá, Yuuke is there, we see her the whole time. Why they made that in first episode? The ideia of play with Yuuko being there at same time that she isn't was great! This story don't allow this because Yuuko, despite how she looks to each one is always there. Always visible.
Turn her invisible will confuse people who don't know Tasogare, and enjoy those people who know. See the second scene, repeated make me feel as they think i was retarded. Why bring this great ideia just to sabote it?

Hakuromatsu said:
But why do you say that showing Yuuko in the elevator was a missed opportunity? At that point, the gag was already done -- we already knew Yuuko existed, so it wouldn't have been funny to not show her. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Not all have to be gags, or for humor.
As i said, one thing Tasorage is without doubt is a love history. Between how? Teiichi and Yuuko.
Yuuko to me is very sensual.
And also to the author, Maybe.

If Yuuko was invisible and voiceless inside it, not only would continue that idea, it would have been very sensual.
The Yuuko has plenty of personality, is attractive, and has this "problem" to be immaterial. It would not be exciting a scene where a couple in love, with a strong sexual charge, are grasped and confined in a tight spot, while can not touch actually?

It was was not a possibility?
Unfortunately, everything that is not for humor and gags will always be only a possibility.
The Silver Link is better than that.
It's sad that they only care about style and leave out the basics of script and how to make the series best starting with the script, rather than visual jokes.
Apr 16, 2012 8:18 AM

Jun 2009
blackstar44 said:

You could also add, Western Honey = Japanese Drool.
Apr 16, 2012 8:19 AM

Mar 2008
-Quasar said:

They go by the manga adaptation of course it wouldn't start with Chapter 2 no matter how it will look good to you.

Then tell me why they start the whole first episode with some aleatory chapter in the middle?

-Quasar said:

Also, that passed day is irrelevant since it's only purpose serves as people not being able to see her which was basically covered by Okonogi's scene

Agreed, I also said that.
Apr 16, 2012 8:21 AM

Feb 2012
PaninaManina said:
Why does Silver Link tries so hard to copy the Shaft?
What was that ridiculous chase scene?
What were all those cutouts?
Those unfunny gags?

What has happened to the suspense and sensuality?
That's the same Yuuko I know?

There's something very wrong in the direction of this anime.

Imagine how would be fantastic if in the elevator scene Yuuko was not shown and we could only hear the voice of Teiichi talking to himself. Only one example of missed opportunity.

I'll watch the third episode to understand the mess they made with the script, but I'm well discouraged.
As said before the director worked with Shaft so it's no surprise there are similarities.

As for your other critiques, I think you just need to lighten up. You sound way too uptight which is forcing you to dislike the anime.

If you're such an expert when it comes to adaptations and directing, nothing's stopping you from going to japan and sending in your resume.

I just find it amusing so many people on this forum think they can do a better job adapting a manga.

I went back and read chapter 1 and parts of chapter 2 and found they did an excellent job adapting it. Obviously there's changes here and there, but that's to be expected in any adaptation.
Apr 16, 2012 8:28 AM

Jun 2009
PaninaManina said:
Then tell me why they start the whole first episode with some aleatory chapter in the middle?

Character presentation. Well, at least the way I see it. Also, it is now going the right way so let bygones be bygones although admittedly, I liked the first episode.
Apr 16, 2012 8:31 AM

Dec 2011
blackstar44 said:

Awesome... :P

I've always been wishing to encounter ghosts, and after this I want it even more, just to make sure :)

Anyway better episode than the last... Great IMO...

It is more comedy and freaky romance, but mystery is present...
Apr 16, 2012 8:36 AM

Mar 2008
Yvese said:

I just find it amusing so many people on this forum think they can do a better job adapting a manga.

I'm just better in giving my opinion, after all, this is a forum.
Apr 16, 2012 8:47 AM
Sep 2011
Silver Link really improved in the visual department.
Now they just have to learn how to choose good material to adapt...
Apr 16, 2012 8:53 AM

Sep 2008
OP and ED are really good. Probably my favourites out of this season's anime.

Episode was great. I like how it manages to blend horror and comedy and still end up relatively good at both.

The breast grabbing is a pretty big minus, though.
Apr 16, 2012 9:10 AM

Jun 2011
Totentanz said:

Juding from your comment are you trying to say that Silver Link choosing to adapt Tasogare Otome x Amnesia was a mistake? Are you also saying that the source material for Tasogare Otome x Amnesia which is the manga is bad? I dont even think you have read the manga. So what are you basing your negative comment on?

If you have read the manga and did not like it why are you watching the anime adapation for it? That would make no sense.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 16, 2012 9:16 AM

Feb 2009
Dat voice.
Dat uniform.
Dat flirting.
Dat ghost trolling.
Dat Yuuko.

At least they rewinded it to the start. Great episode.
Apr 16, 2012 9:23 AM

Jun 2009
Now seeing chapter 0 and 0,5 animated this is looking great. I guess that thing in 1st episode worked for quick character introduction but seeing how close to manga they sticked this episode it wasn't nessecarry at all.

Yuuko's voice is perfectly matched, i found myself a new favorite seiyuu. Awesome episode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 16, 2012 10:23 AM
Sep 2011
Slicer22 said:
Totentanz said:

Juding from your comment are you trying to say that Silver Link choosing to adapt Tasogare Otome x Amnesia was a mistake? Are you also saying that the source material for Tasogare Otome x Amnesia which is the manga is bad? I dont even think you have read the manga. So what are you basing your negative comment on?

If you have read the manga and did not like it why are you watching the anime adapation for it? That would make no sense.

I confess that I haven't actually read the manga and only assumed that the cliches and tropes this episode was full of were based on the source material. If this isn't the case then I apologize for misjudging it.

I was just a bit disappoited that Silver Link seems to keep producing anime with beautiful visuals but rather generic characters and plot elements.
Apr 16, 2012 10:33 AM

Jan 2008
Apr 16, 2012 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
Started reading the manga again and there are some big differences towards the manga tho i don't dislike the anime it's nice to see this story in two different ways.
The episode was pretty interesting Yuuko is a great character and pretty mysterious also her reactions are great.
And the shy Teiichi is also fun to watch.
There is one thing i am wondering about how did Yuuko know Teiichi's name?
Apr 16, 2012 11:42 AM

May 2010
The first half kinda look rushed for me but second half was really good !!

Apr 16, 2012 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
MyAmy said:
The first half kinda look rushed for me but second half was really good !!

Basically the color. the new uniform is a bit darker, and supposed to have a shorter skirt than the old one.

The old one was just plain black, with a longer skirt, the main difference is at the collar part of the uniform. the old one was the classic sailor uniform with nothing concealing the upper chest area.

-----------to the "manga elitist"------------
And seriously, if you think like that just go back and wait for a chapter to be released and don't come here ever again. Because you can't grasp the idea of an adaptation doesn't always mean a 100% carbon copy.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 16, 2012 1:48 PM
Nov 2008
As someone who hasn't touched the manga, I thought the first episode was a fantastic introduction to the series. We meet the characters and easily pick up on their personalities, we're introduced the the club, we meet the blatantly supernatural ghost, we learn who can interact with her and to what extent, and we're presented with the overarching mystery of her death. With all that in mind, it was enjoyable to see how they got there in this episode. Had they done things the other way around, the impact of the current first episode would have been significantly lower. I'm absolutely loving the series so far, and the presentation has been a huge part of what makes it so great. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Apr 16, 2012 1:55 PM

Mar 2011
Boobies!
Apr 16, 2012 1:59 PM

Oct 2008
Apr 16, 2012 2:04 PM

Mar 2008
Totentanz said:

I confess that I haven't actually read the manga and only assumed that the cliches and tropes this episode was full of were based on the source material. If this isn't the case then I apologize for misjudging it.

I was just a bit disappoited that Silver Link seems to keep producing anime with beautiful visuals but rather generic characters and plot elements.

Manga is good read, nothing exceptional, but the characters are sympathetic, visual is beautiful and sensual.
A good read.
Apr 16, 2012 2:06 PM

Nov 2008
Paul said:
blackstar44 said:

Japan's amazing ability to convert anything horrendous and out of this world into a 'kawaii moe' girl.

I knew this was going to happen 15 years ago.

Apr 16, 2012 2:59 PM

Feb 2012
5layer said:
OP and ED are really good. Probably my favourites out of this season's anime.

Episode was great. I like how it manages to blend horror and comedy and still end up relatively good at both.

The breast grabbing is a pretty big minus, though.
Why? I'm just curious what's wrong with breast grabbing unless you're a chick.

I truly am curious of the reason.
Apr 16, 2012 3:42 PM

Apr 2012
I thought this episode was an improvement on the first one but I still can't really get into it. The anime has too much of a bipolar tone but not the still to blend the comedy and the melancholic feeling this anime seems to exude. I feel like the comedy and the general tone should be a bit more bitter sweet. The straight up ecchi comedy doesn't really work for me. There are more interesting ways to use a ghost girl than the same tired boob grabs and falling down on top of each other.

The best part of this episode was the "evil" ghost chase because it was amusing at first until you realize that's Yuuko's existence. How normal people see her is dependent on the state of their mind and since most people feel fear or anxiety around ghost then naturally when people do see her it will as monster. This realization makes the ghost hunt something really bitter sweet for Yuuko and the viewer that has sympathy for her situation. She had fun but at a cost.

If the show could even out it's tone and cut back on random ecchi then this could turn into something interesting. And to answer the above poster that's why the boob grabs suck. They are such a common ecchi trope and they give the show a cheap and trashy feel. This show doesn't need that. It's got a damn good style and an interesting premise but let's see if it can capitalize.

I'll give this episode a 3 out of 5 because the bit at the end gave me some hope that this show can be something better.
Apr 16, 2012 3:56 PM

Mar 2008
Mangá try to be a lot of things, anime try to be nothing but Shaft.
And yes, i'll complain till die.
Apr 16, 2012 4:36 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode; but it felt a bit weird that this was episode 2; since this episode follows fairly well the contents on chapter 1 of the manga; i'm guessing they did it this way to show some "intro" for some characters like Kirie who will be shown for the "first" time later and Okonogi who was shown for the "first" time now.

For those who read the manga, any guesses on when it will end, i can't really picture a stopping point XD
Apr 16, 2012 4:38 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Great episode; but it felt a bit weird that this was episode 2; since this episode follows fairly well the contents on chapter 1 of the manga; i'm guessing they did it this way to show some "intro" for some characters like Kirie who will be shown for the "first" time later and Okonogi who was shown for the "first" time now.

For those who read the manga, any guesses on when it will end, i can't really picture a stopping point XD

Ya, I mentioned this earlier. This episode should of aired first before the second one :S
Apr 16, 2012 4:42 PM

Jul 2011
Marius2005 said:
I thought this episode was an improvement on the first one but I still can't really get into it. The anime has too much of a bipolar tone but not the still to blend the comedy and the melancholic feeling this anime seems to exude. I feel like the comedy and the general tone should be a bit more bitter sweet. The straight up ecchi comedy doesn't really work for me. There are more interesting ways to use a ghost girl than the same tired boob grabs and falling down on top of each other.

If the show could even out it's tone and cut back on random ecchi then this could turn into something interesting. And to answer the above poster that's why the boob grabs suck. They are such a common ecchi trope and they give the show a cheap and trashy feel. This show doesn't need that. It's got a damn good style and an interesting premise but let's see if it can capitalize.

I'll give this episode a 3 out of 5 because the bit at the end gave me some hope that this show can be something better.

I agree.

The opening and ending songs are amazing~
Apr 16, 2012 4:54 PM

Feb 2010
PaninaManina said:
Mangá try to be a lot of things, anime try to be nothing but Shaft.

Silver Link doesn't copy the art style of Shaft, the director Oonuma Shin "founded" the typical Shaft art style together with Shinbou Akiyuki back then at Shaft, so it's actually his "own" art direction style - why shouldn't he use his very own established direction style, which he used all the years at Shaft and later on at Silver Link? Would be quite stupid to change it, because there are many people who like it (and he himself seems to like it too).
(And btw, the director is not the only one at Silver Link who used to work at Shaft.)
Apr 16, 2012 4:55 PM
Dec 2007
It's pretty much a mystery-oriented Natsu no Arashi (well, there WAS mystery in NnA, just more comedy, especially in the first season), with a similar direction (Shin Oonuma directed both), same art, same kind of atmosphere and story structure - which was particularly visible in these first two episodes. I really loved Natsu no Arashi too, more than most viewers I guess, so I hope our little Dusk Maiden will be as good as its glorious predecessor. Still, Teiichi is no Hajime unfortunately, but Yuuko has great potential as a character. Oh and the OP/ED are probably the best in the whole season, so that's a plus for sure...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 16, 2012 5:56 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I for one have enjoyed both episodes. It has an interesting mix of comedy and melancholy. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 16, 2012 6:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well, they kept the running jokes I see...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

149 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.