MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Apple proves that people are gullible and stupid..
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Current Events »» Apple proves that people are gullible and stupid..

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
07-01-12, 10:31 AM

Churkirby said:
ITT: Butthurt PC fanboys circlejerk about how shit apple are

Just like 90% of the internet

Those surely are tons of people that suffer of hemorrhoids.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

07-01-12, 11:54 AM

Smart people, stupid people, the world needs both to keep spinning.

I mean if not for stupid people we probably wouldn't have some of the great advancements we have. Take cow milk for example. I can't imagine someone of a sound mind was willing to go up to a giant animal, squeeze its crotch, and drink the white stuff that came out.

07-01-12, 2:01 PM

Churkirby said:
ITT: Butthurt PC fanboys circlejerk about how shit apple are

Just like 90% of the internet
I don't get it, Apple make PCs too. Completely normal ones that's simply more expensive because of the brand name.
Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

07-01-12, 3:56 PM

entropy13 said:
Annoiato said:
Apple master race reporting in. haters gonna hate.

To be a "master race", you have to be better than anybody else. Which you aren't. That's why there's the PC Master Race, because it's better than anything else.

The "Apple Master Race" is a cult, not a "master race."
> implying the term "master race" is objective in any way
> sense of superiority derived from what you've read about pc's on the mmohut forums

07-01-12, 8:29 PM

"It's just...good business..."--Lord Cutler Beckett.

07-01-12, 9:15 PM

Allecto said:
Never understood the big deal about Apple, never been enticed to buy any of their products. Got to give it to them though, their marketing skills are unparalleled.

I agree. The only Apple product I've ever owned is an iPod nano, for conveniences sake. I like to run, and it's much more comfortable, durable and spacious (gb-wise) than a Walkman or mp3.

07-01-12, 9:21 PM

I don't really understand the hate Apple gets tbh. Yes, the brand is overpriced in comparison to the market value of it's parts, and you could buy a better computer (or build) for much cheaper. However, this is not something exclusive to Apple and isn't new. People pay more for a "brand" or logo all the time, even if the product is identical to another or in some cases worse.

Clothing, cars, food, furniture, hell even cleaning products...it's all the same. However, I will say this, Apple selling in mass, says more about the average consumer than it does Apple's marketing ability imo. Is it stupid to buy a product for it's name? Probably, but it's pretty much a staple of consumerism.
Modified by rekindledflame, 07-01-12, 9:27 PM

07-01-12, 9:30 PM

^Just to add to that, there is also the trust/reliability factor that comes with brand names. I'm by no means saying buying a PC is shady, but people who aren't comfortable with computers may feel that they know what they're getting when they buy a mac as opposed to a PC. They can buy them directly for a mac store, they all look the same so they don't have to worry about this and that, they like having "official" support for problems, etc. It may be "stupid" if someone like you or me, who has some knowledge of computers let's assume, buys a mac for general usage, but if some old lady does because it's the only computer she's ever heard of, I'd call that market dominance not consumer stupidity.

For me: I've never owned a mac, and I prefer PCs, but iPod's + my iPhone have been really good to me over the years, wouldn't trade them in for any other similar product.
Modified by Post-Josh, 07-01-12, 9:36 PM

07-01-12, 10:12 PM

Agreed, I probably should not have used the term stupid, as there are a variety of factors involved that may lead someone to purchase a specific brand, including one's own personal experience or lack there of in some cases. The thing I find stupid is, looking past issue's, problems, or what have you, soley because of the brand's name. That's certainly not exclusive to Apple by any means, nor do I think it's predominant among Apple User's. You get fanboys with everything I suppose is what it amounts to.

07-01-12, 10:20 PM

For sure. I am an irrational Nike buyer when it comes to athletic shoes for instance, haha.

07-01-12, 10:24 PM

07-02-12, 12:01 AM

Annoiato said:
> implying the term "master race" is objective in any way
> sense of superiority derived from what you've read about pc's on the mmohut forums

Well, it is objective.

And what's "the mmohut forums"? What I've "read" about PC's are almost always from TechPowerUp!, VR-Zone, [H]ardocp, Tech Report, Legit Reviews, Hardware Secrets, etc.

Post-Josh said:
They can buy them directly for a mac store, they all look the same so they don't have to worry about this and that,

You can buy directly from HP/Dell/Acer etc. as well.

Post-Josh said:
they like having "official" support for problems, etc.

Those aforementioned companies have "official" support as well. Not to mention those companies who make the parts themselves like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, Powercolor, Sapphire, Corsair, G.Skill, Patriot, OCZ, Seasonic, etc.

Post-Josh said:
but if some old lady does because it's the only computer she's ever heard of, I'd call that market dominance not consumer stupidity.

I would say that's quite rare, actually. It's almost always the son/grandson that built his mother/grandmother the PC, and will also be the one relied upon for maintenance.

And since we're in the subject of Macs, well actually they don't "dominate" that too. LOL

Apple actually rose to prominence not because of the product with which they started (Macs), but with the iPod, iPhone, and iPad.

07-02-12, 3:56 AM

Anything Apple I own was given to me as a gift, which is a 3G Itouch. Its only use is for music, Because it has 8gb of space, which pretty much is my collection of music, that hasn't been updated since 2006. I didn't use the video function because it takes an age to convert a video file, and the file is the same size as the original. And I don't like having to use Itunes.

Personally, I just don't like Apples OS, design and pretty much everything that about it.

My friend who pretty much adores apples, used to tell me how great it was, how beautiful it was (He had one of those 03 White Apple Laptops (Think it was still referred to as Macintosh)) Anyway the only game he had was Starcraft, And he pretty much became an addict.

I remember getting abit annoyed when he told me how much he had paid for a Copy of Starcraft on the Mac, I was pretty much astounded. £60 he said, (Back in the days PC games were Priced like Console games, except Mac Games were always higher priced then PC games and the price never got reduced, due to their rarity).

I remember having to invite him over to my house, and show him the vast library of games a PC had to offer. Accidentally got him into Red Alert 2, Battlefield and a few other games. Ever since then he brought his own PC (A HP, Worst Maker ever.) And pretty much stayed stuck on it.

I disliked Mac's because of their lack of ability to customise and their poor usability. I hated how you had to do everything through that tiny taskbar at the top, and those Green, yellow and red buttons. I just couldn't use it. I had to complain when I was 11 to my IT teacher for making us learn to use the MAC's the Macintosh company had donated to our school. (This was back in the day when Mac's just didn't sell).

Compare to now Macs have improved. For one they do look better, But thats about it.
They are still overpriced, and I still find it hard to use them. I dislike the cluttered desktop, and all those other functions. (I actually hated Microsoft for trying to copy them with the Vista).

In the end though its all about customisability, being able to change parts of its hardware was key to me, I always look for the cheaper and better product, which usually are only compatibile with PC's and Windows. the lack of compatibility with any of the free software online mean Macs were pretty much obsolete to me. I'm not sure about the compatibility nowadays.

I doubt my view on them will change, and I am instead looking forward to seeing Samsung and HTC raise to counter Apple's Dominance in the mobile and tablet market.
It will be nice to see Japan release some products that are suitable for the entire globe, rather then only their Japanese market. The lack of Japanese Games coming to consoles has disturbed me, I want more Shinobi stealth assassin games. I still have to go to my PS2 for my Shinobido Fix.

Anyway in the end The Price is what gets to me, I am very price sensitive, I can't even buy lunch if it costs me more then £3, or get a drink if it costs me more then 50p.

So when I can get a laptop for £400 made my Acer or Toshiba, Why would I get a macbook for £1200?

The same applies to PC's, When I can buy one for £400, or build one for £300, why would I spend £1200-1500 for a Mac?

Then ago though I am a person who pretty much doesn't see sense in buying anything at its full Retail Price. So maybe I am not seeing something that the consumers of apple are seeing.

Modified by shintai88, 07-02-12, 4:32 AM
http://shintai88.deviantart.com/ Just some of my artwork (Total Noob Btw)

07-02-12, 8:41 AM

If you want an Apple product, it's better to stick with used or refurbished ones. My refurbished ipod nano video, and it still works great even though it's been 5 years. I've never had any problems with refurbished products, and they work just as well as new products. Better than buying it at full price.

However, I do agree that all these iPhone/iPad upgrades are pretty...stupid. The high school I graduated from are now requiring all students to have an iPad....for textbooks. I honestly don't know what's gotten in to them, everyone will be on facebook or stumbleupon, or playing temple run or whatever the next new thing is.

I really like my mac though, but I'll probably end up going back to PC after college. I just had some bad experience with HP laptops (yes I know they're bad, but I didn't have a choice there), so I wanted to try out the mac. I love the battery life though, so I guess that's a plus.
Modified by Mellows, 07-02-12, 10:57 AM

07-02-12, 10:06 AM

It's not that Apple products are bad, it's just that they are overpriced.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/profile/DarkAlastor">

07-03-12, 8:48 AM

I'm not a big Apple fan by any means, but I do own a second generation iPod nano and a fourth generation iPod Touch. The former was a convenient way to store all my favourite music into one little compact device while I was attending college. It was way better than carrying my Sony CD walkman with me. The iPod Touch is something I got refurbished a year ago. I use it to play visual novels and certain indie games that can't be found on PC or consoles. I also enjoy playing emulators on it. The thing that attracts me to these devices are their designs. It's slick, clean and appealing. Apps are easy to move around and use, and the way they're organized in small box icons are just generally cool to look at. I don't regret owning an Apple product, and I know what I got one for. I could care less about trends. It's just that the iPod Touch is the closest to a pocket PC with all the features I want in such a compact size.

07-03-12, 11:16 AM

The other day in class, we were asked to individually tell everyone who they consider a hero and I could not believe how many people said Steve Jobs -_-. I was actually speechless.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

07-03-12, 11:21 AM

DarkShards said:
The other day in class, we were asked to individually tell everyone who they consider a hero and I could not believe how many people said Steve Jobs -_-. I was actually speechless.

Having earn so much money as him... I could call such person a hero

but what a nice discussion: still better Apple than Linux - been working for 4 years on that abomination and Apple is bad, but in comparison
Please join this club if you wish for news threads of un-aired anime to be unlocked/stop being locked!

07-03-12, 11:21 AM

DarkShards said:

Why not? He was a successful figure. I wouldn't call him a hero personally, but then I wouldn't really call anyone a hero, so I guess as a choice he's fair enough.

07-03-12, 11:25 AM

DarkShards said:

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices