MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Apple proves that people are gullible and stupid..

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
07-01-12, 10:31 AM

Churkirby said:
ITT: Butthurt PC fanboys circlejerk about how shit apple are

Just like 90% of the internet

Those surely are tons of people that suffer of hemorrhoids.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

07-01-12, 11:54 AM

Smart people, stupid people, the world needs both to keep spinning.

I mean if not for stupid people we probably wouldn't have some of the great advancements we have. Take cow milk for example. I can't imagine someone of a sound mind was willing to go up to a giant animal, squeeze its crotch, and drink the white stuff that came out.

07-01-12, 2:01 PM

Churkirby said:
ITT: Butthurt PC fanboys circlejerk about how shit apple are

Just like 90% of the internet
I don't get it, Apple make PCs too. Completely normal ones that's simply more expensive because of the brand name.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

07-01-12, 3:56 PM

entropy13 said:
Annoiato said:
Apple master race reporting in. haters gonna hate.

To be a "master race", you have to be better than anybody else. Which you aren't. That's why there's the PC Master Race, because it's better than anything else.

The "Apple Master Race" is a cult, not a "master race."
> implying the term "master race" is objective in any way
> sense of superiority derived from what you've read about pc's on the mmohut forums

07-01-12, 8:29 PM

"It's just...good business..."--Lord Cutler Beckett.

07-01-12, 9:15 PM

Allecto said:
Never understood the big deal about Apple, never been enticed to buy any of their products. Got to give it to them though, their marketing skills are unparalleled.

I agree. The only Apple product I've ever owned is an iPod nano, for conveniences sake. I like to run, and it's much more comfortable, durable and spacious (gb-wise) than a Walkman or mp3.

07-01-12, 9:21 PM

I don't really understand the hate Apple gets tbh. Yes, the brand is overpriced in comparison to the market value of it's parts, and you could buy a better computer (or build) for much cheaper. However, this is not something exclusive to Apple and isn't new. People pay more for a "brand" or logo all the time, even if the product is identical to another or in some cases worse.

Clothing, cars, food, furniture, hell even cleaning products...it's all the same. However, I will say this, Apple selling in mass, says more about the average consumer than it does Apple's marketing ability imo. Is it stupid to buy a product for it's name? Probably, but it's pretty much a staple of consumerism.
Modified by rekindledflame, 07-01-12, 9:27 PM

07-01-12, 9:30 PM

^Just to add to that, there is also the trust/reliability factor that comes with brand names. I'm by no means saying buying a PC is shady, but people who aren't comfortable with computers may feel that they know what they're getting when they buy a mac as opposed to a PC. They can buy them directly for a mac store, they all look the same so they don't have to worry about this and that, they like having "official" support for problems, etc. It may be "stupid" if someone like you or me, who has some knowledge of computers let's assume, buys a mac for general usage, but if some old lady does because it's the only computer she's ever heard of, I'd call that market dominance not consumer stupidity.

For me: I've never owned a mac, and I prefer PCs, but iPod's + my iPhone have been really good to me over the years, wouldn't trade them in for any other similar product.
Modified by josh_, 07-01-12, 9:36 PM

07-01-12, 10:12 PM

Agreed, I probably should not have used the term stupid, as there are a variety of factors involved that may lead someone to purchase a specific brand, including one's own personal experience or lack there of in some cases. The thing I find stupid is, looking past issue's, problems, or what have you, soley because of the brand's name. That's certainly not exclusive to Apple by any means, nor do I think it's predominant among Apple User's. You get fanboys with everything I suppose is what it amounts to.

07-01-12, 10:20 PM

For sure. I am an irrational Nike buyer when it comes to athletic shoes for instance, haha.

07-01-12, 10:24 PM

07-02-12, 12:01 AM

Annoiato said:
> implying the term "master race" is objective in any way
> sense of superiority derived from what you've read about pc's on the mmohut forums

Well, it is objective.

And what's "the mmohut forums"? What I've "read" about PC's are almost always from TechPowerUp!, VR-Zone, [H]ardocp, Tech Report, Legit Reviews, Hardware Secrets, etc.

Post-Josh said:
They can buy them directly for a mac store, they all look the same so they don't have to worry about this and that,

You can buy directly from HP/Dell/Acer etc. as well.

Post-Josh said:
they like having "official" support for problems, etc.

Those aforementioned companies have "official" support as well. Not to mention those companies who make the parts themselves like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, Powercolor, Sapphire, Corsair, G.Skill, Patriot, OCZ, Seasonic, etc.

Post-Josh said:
but if some old lady does because it's the only computer she's ever heard of, I'd call that market dominance not consumer stupidity.

I would say that's quite rare, actually. It's almost always the son/grandson that built his mother/grandmother the PC, and will also be the one relied upon for maintenance.

And since we're in the subject of Macs, well actually they don't "dominate" that too. LOL

Apple actually rose to prominence not because of the product with which they started (Macs), but with the iPod, iPhone, and iPad.

07-02-12, 3:56 AM

Anything Apple I own was given to me as a gift, which is a 3G Itouch. Its only use is for music, Because it has 8gb of space, which pretty much is my collection of music, that hasn't been updated since 2006. I didn't use the video function because it takes an age to convert a video file, and the file is the same size as the original. And I don't like having to use Itunes.

Personally, I just don't like Apples OS, design and pretty much everything that about it.

My friend who pretty much adores apples, used to tell me how great it was, how beautiful it was (He had one of those 03 White Apple Laptops (Think it was still referred to as Macintosh)) Anyway the only game he had was Starcraft, And he pretty much became an addict.

I remember getting abit annoyed when he told me how much he had paid for a Copy of Starcraft on the Mac, I was pretty much astounded. £60 he said, (Back in the days PC games were Priced like Console games, except Mac Games were always higher priced then PC games and the price never got reduced, due to their rarity).

I remember having to invite him over to my house, and show him the vast library of games a PC had to offer. Accidentally got him into Red Alert 2, Battlefield and a few other games. Ever since then he brought his own PC (A HP, Worst Maker ever.) And pretty much stayed stuck on it.

I disliked Mac's because of their lack of ability to customise and their poor usability. I hated how you had to do everything through that tiny taskbar at the top, and those Green, yellow and red buttons. I just couldn't use it. I had to complain when I was 11 to my IT teacher for making us learn to use the MAC's the Macintosh company had donated to our school. (This was back in the day when Mac's just didn't sell).

Compare to now Macs have improved. For one they do look better, But thats about it.
They are still overpriced, and I still find it hard to use them. I dislike the cluttered desktop, and all those other functions. (I actually hated Microsoft for trying to copy them with the Vista).

In the end though its all about customisability, being able to change parts of its hardware was key to me, I always look for the cheaper and better product, which usually are only compatibile with PC's and Windows. the lack of compatibility with any of the free software online mean Macs were pretty much obsolete to me. I'm not sure about the compatibility nowadays.

I doubt my view on them will change, and I am instead looking forward to seeing Samsung and HTC raise to counter Apple's Dominance in the mobile and tablet market.
It will be nice to see Japan release some products that are suitable for the entire globe, rather then only their Japanese market. The lack of Japanese Games coming to consoles has disturbed me, I want more Shinobi stealth assassin games. I still have to go to my PS2 for my Shinobido Fix.

Anyway in the end The Price is what gets to me, I am very price sensitive, I can't even buy lunch if it costs me more then £3, or get a drink if it costs me more then 50p.

So when I can get a laptop for £400 made my Acer or Toshiba, Why would I get a macbook for £1200?

The same applies to PC's, When I can buy one for £400, or build one for £300, why would I spend £1200-1500 for a Mac?

Then ago though I am a person who pretty much doesn't see sense in buying anything at its full Retail Price. So maybe I am not seeing something that the consumers of apple are seeing.

Modified by shintai88, 07-02-12, 4:32 AM
http://shintai88.deviantart.com/ Just some of my artwork (Total Noob Btw)

07-02-12, 8:41 AM

If you want an Apple product, it's better to stick with used or refurbished ones. My refurbished ipod nano video, and it still works great even though it's been 5 years. I've never had any problems with refurbished products, and they work just as well as new products. Better than buying it at full price.

However, I do agree that all these iPhone/iPad upgrades are pretty...stupid. The high school I graduated from are now requiring all students to have an iPad....for textbooks. I honestly don't know what's gotten in to them, everyone will be on facebook or stumbleupon, or playing temple run or whatever the next new thing is.

I really like my mac though, but I'll probably end up going back to PC after college. I just had some bad experience with HP laptops (yes I know they're bad, but I didn't have a choice there), so I wanted to try out the mac. I love the battery life though, so I guess that's a plus.
Modified by Mellows, 07-02-12, 10:57 AM

07-02-12, 10:06 AM

It's not that Apple products are bad, it's just that they are overpriced.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/profile/DarkAlastor">

07-03-12, 8:48 AM

I'm not a big Apple fan by any means, but I do own a second generation iPod nano and a fourth generation iPod Touch. The former was a convenient way to store all my favourite music into one little compact device while I was attending college. It was way better than carrying my Sony CD walkman with me. The iPod Touch is something I got refurbished a year ago. I use it to play visual novels and certain indie games that can't be found on PC or consoles. I also enjoy playing emulators on it. The thing that attracts me to these devices are their designs. It's slick, clean and appealing. Apps are easy to move around and use, and the way they're organized in small box icons are just generally cool to look at. I don't regret owning an Apple product, and I know what I got one for. I could care less about trends. It's just that the iPod Touch is the closest to a pocket PC with all the features I want in such a compact size.

07-03-12, 11:16 AM

The other day in class, we were asked to individually tell everyone who they consider a hero and I could not believe how many people said Steve Jobs -_-. I was actually speechless.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

07-03-12, 11:21 AM

DarkShards said:
The other day in class, we were asked to individually tell everyone who they consider a hero and I could not believe how many people said Steve Jobs -_-. I was actually speechless.

Having earn so much money as him... I could call such person a hero

but what a nice discussion: still better Apple than Linux - been working for 4 years on that abomination and Apple is bad, but in comparison

07-03-12, 11:21 AM

DarkShards said:

Why not? He was a successful figure. I wouldn't call him a hero personally, but then I wouldn't really call anyone a hero, so I guess as a choice he's fair enough.

07-03-12, 11:25 AM

DarkShards said:

07-03-12, 1:10 PM

I wasn't surprised that people thought Steve Jobs was a hero, I was surprised that a little less than half the class idolized him lol.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

07-03-12, 4:12 PM

I think Apple is quite clever on targeting consumers,for example If you think about it everything must be transferred through itunes such as songs,videos while if you use a Samsung galaxy you could transfer directly from your Pc to phone which is more easier. Not to mention apple headphones remote+mic is expensive as you could purchase better quality ones and the fact you can only use it for apple products only(apple headphones remote+Mic).

07-03-12, 10:30 PM

The Galaxy Nexus has been pulled from the Play Store (replaced with a Coming Soon notice lol). Google has also pushed an update that removes local searches from all Galaxy Nexus phones running stock Android.

Thanks, Apple, for continuing to prove that our patent system is a fucking atrocity.

07-04-12, 5:36 AM

People are stupid that why they are easily made them st...
Hospital Management System | Healthcare Software

07-04-12, 7:56 AM

people who buy apple products repeatedly year after year could be considered 'stupid' and apple products are surely overpriced because they're apple products but i don't see how you guys can just jump on the bandwagon and blindly say that apple products aren't good. their computer's are fast, simple for general usage, powerful for professionals i.e film editors. it's all a matter of preference but the fact remains that apple products do live up to their hype/standards.

07-04-12, 8:06 AM

lpsycongroo said:
people who buy apple products repeatedly year after year could be considered 'stupid' and apple products are surely overpriced because they're apple products but i don't see how you guys can just jump on the bandwagon and blindly say that apple products aren't good. their computer's are fast, simple for general usage, powerful for professionals i.e film editors. it's all a matter of preference but the fact remains that apple products do live up to their hype/standards.

Their computers have the same parts as a Windows computer. Only the OS and the price are different.

Anything you can do on a Mac, you can do in Windows; and that includes professional editing.

07-04-12, 8:17 AM

Xjellocross said:
Thanks, Apple, for continuing to prove that our patent system is a fucking atrocity.

Yep. Goodbye adaptation.

07-04-12, 8:52 AM

lpsycongroo said:

Emm..no if anything is to be said about apple products is exactly that their hype is exaggerated as hell.
Apple's major talent isn't their good products but their amazing marketing.

Btw all this talk about Apple computers being more useful to professionals is bullshit. PCs are a lot better for that too.

07-04-12, 9:02 AM

yeah because final cut, one of the most appreciated and used editing software by professionals is actually a piece of garbage and totally useless. also i never said they're more useful. i just acknowledged the fact that they are.
Modified by howlingfantods, 07-04-12, 9:15 AM

07-04-12, 9:10 AM

Narmy said:
lpsycongroo said:

Their computers have the same parts as a Windows computer. Only the OS and the price are different.

Anything you can do on a Mac, you can do in Windows; and that includes professional editing.
you guys are completely getting the wrong idea here. i never said anything about apple being better and i accepted that they're products are overpriced. what i'm saying is you can't say that their computers/phones are in any way of poor quality. they're products that work well and we can get into a huge debate over mac vs pc but it has been discussed ad nauseam and is completely and utterly pointless.
Modified by howlingfantods, 07-04-12, 9:13 AM

07-04-12, 9:50 AM

lpsycongroo said:
Narmy said:
lpsycongroo said:

you guys are completely getting the wrong idea here. i never said anything about apple being better and i accepted that they're products are overpriced. what i'm saying is you can't say that their computers/phones are in any way of poor quality. they're products that work well and we can get into a huge debate over mac vs pc but it has been discussed ad nauseam and is completely and utterly pointless.

Obviously they aren't poor quality. But you can get the same quality for less money, and that is pretty important to some people.

07-06-12, 4:46 AM

Just wondering.......
Why is there so much negativity regarding this topic?
Surely you no like you no buy.
Does it give some so much satisfaction to label others in such derogatory fashion.
Is your ego really needing this kind of stroking?
Seems rather desultory to me.
So why did I comment. First I thought it was a joke now because I'm saddened that even this site attracts trolls.
Oh and yeah I own a Mac and yeah I'm really cut- up to find I'm just a stupid sheep-like moron
X_X :-D
Why did I choose Mac. It works n it looks awesome!
Modified by eddieT, 07-06-12, 4:57 AM
"Knowing where you are from and how you got there is the way to a strong spirit"

07-06-12, 4:53 AM

Narmy said:
eddieT said:
Comparing Macs with P C's is like well comparing Apples with Oranges ^_^

Not really, since a Mac is a PC.

Was meant as a joke man. As in Apple says there's a difference! Sheesh. :-D
"Knowing where you are from and how you got there is the way to a strong spirit"

07-06-12, 5:27 AM

Oh wow I just got really angry so had to add this!:
Forget what a waste of money a Mac might or might not be. About three months ago we got a new car (although I hate cars and prefer to ride my bike) and I went down the Kings Rd to collect my daughter after a party. Anyways I try to be the considerate driver and let this car go past me before changing lanes just then I look at my cell as it beeps away and in that milli-second the other car brakes. Well so do I but not in time to avoid merely touching its rear bumper. The driver freaks and although I could not see any damage he flips and manages to find a scratch about a quarter of an inch long. My car has no trace at all, not even the dust was shaken. Well this accident cost me £1500 pounds sterling! Because the car was a 'Ferrari'. Talk about over priced piece of Irrelevant waste of space. Why should a car like that" that is built for one purpose, to advertise the owners 'wanker' status SEB allowed on busy overcrowded roads where minor accidentsd occur about ten to the second. The worlds mad. The rich get richer and the poor pay for new Ferrari bumper-bars :-)

07-06-12, 6:51 AM

eddieT said:
Forget what a waste of money a Mac might or might not be. About three months ago we got a new car (although I hate cars and prefer to ride my bike) and I went down the Kings Rd to collect my daughter after a party. Anyways I try to be the considerate driver and let this car go past me before changing lanes just then I look at my cell as it beeps away and in that milli-second the other car brakes. Well so do I but not in time to avoid merely touching its rear bumper. The driver freaks and although I could not see any damage he flips and manages to find a scratch about a quarter of an inch long. My car has no trace at all, not even the dust was shaken. Well this accident cost me £1500 pounds sterling! Because the car was a 'Ferrari'. Talk about over priced piece of Irrelevant waste of space. Why should a car like that" that is built for one purpose, to advertise the owners 'wanker' status SEB allowed on busy overcrowded roads where minor accidentsd occur about ten to the second. The worlds mad. The rich get richer and the poor pay for new Ferrari bumper-bars :-)

I guess this is related in an indirect way, but you could have just edited anyone of your two posts directly above this and added it. To apply your own reasoning to it, you own a mac because it looks and works awesome....even though it costs more.

Perhaps this man chose a ferrari because it works and looks awesome, even though it costs more. The only thing I got from your post was that you caused an accident due to negligence, but somehow you came out the victim...

07-06-12, 7:13 AM

rekindledflame said:
eddieT said:

I guess this is related in an indirect way, but you could have just edited anyone of your two posts directly above this and added it. To apply your own reasoning to it, you own a mac because it looks and works awesome....even though it costs more.

Perhaps this man chose a ferrari because it works and looks awesome, even though it costs more. The only thing I got from your post was that you caused an accident due to negligence, but somehow you came out the victim...

I have to admit, it is your fault, seeing as how you're not supposed to be distracted whilst driving, but 1500 pounds is way too much for such a small scratch.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~

07-06-12, 8:34 AM

eddieT said:

Well at least Ferraris actually have a speed-driving fast factor that actually differentiates them from common cars, unlike Apple products that ain't actually much better at anything. Also they actually are quite more expensive to built unlike Apple products that are actually as cheap to built but still cost more.
Of course i bet you pay a lot just for the budge like you do with apple products since the price is certainly blown up to hell. Also they are hardly worth the money considering the services they provide. Even if you are after speed you will be probably be better with some other sport fast car.

Anyway bad luck to you. I mean hitting one of those super expensive cars is shit luck and you can only hope that the other guy will have some pity. But it looks that he had none for you and he was willing to press you even for a small scratch. Probably a guy that bought it as a dream and would go crazy for the smallest scratch over his Ferrari That means more to him that his wife does or some over-rich asshole that always shows no mercy and made his money that way.

07-07-12, 12:18 AM

lol, I remember when the iPad first came to china, this kid sold his one of his kidneys to buy it.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]