Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 15, 2012 8:43 PM

Sep 2011
audiodoll said:
JoshSalas said:
Thought this episode was pretty bad. I mean, the first episode wasn't great either, but the scissors thing is just plain stupid.

Main character is annoying too, blah. (I know, no one's forcing me to watch this. I just want to see where it's going for another episode or two, I don't like dropping things).

typical toradora fan

Highfive. Here, here!
[center]
Apr 15, 2012 8:56 PM

Mar 2012
I suppose that's what I get for coming into an episode thread to do something other than rave about how awesome it was.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 15, 2012 9:39 PM

Jul 2010
Digglett said:
audiodoll said:
JoshSalas said:
Thought this episode was pretty bad. I mean, the first episode wasn't great either, but the scissors thing is just plain stupid.

Main character is annoying too, blah. (I know, no one's forcing me to watch this. I just want to see where it's going for another episode or two, I don't like dropping things).

typical toradora fan

Highfive. Here, here!

Now, now... There's no need to bash someone for expressing their honest opinion, no matter how misguided it may be. Of course, stating that an aspect of the story is "just plain stupid" is asking for people to attack you, so this poster could be trolling, but somehow, I thik they are just not very good at expressing themselves tactfully. Saying something like "The scissors thing didn't really do anything for me, would be a more polite way to phrase it.

Now, onto my counter-argument: @JoshSalas - you realize this is a supernatural genre show, right? MGX involves things that defy the laws of nature, and Urabe is supposed to be a complete enigma, an oddball that doesn't act like other girls in any way shape or form.

If you stick around and accept Urabe's little eccentricities in the same manner in which she expects Tsubaki to:

If you do, I expect you will find what readers of the manga have known for a while: Mysterious Girlfriend X is one of the finest romances around. It covers the aspect of romance that is usually ignored by most anime romances: building a relationship, learning about each other, and growing to truly cherish the person you are in love with.

I am a huge fan of Toradora! as well, by the way... :)
Apr 15, 2012 9:46 PM

Oct 2008
JoshSalas said:
I suppose that's what I get for coming into an episode thread to do something other than rave about how awesome it was.

Just ignore them. Blind fanboys are just as bad as blind haters.
I also don't see how liking Toradora is bad thing... It's one of the best romantic comedies.

I thought that the scissors, although strange, kind of helped flush out Urabe's character. However, what I see potential is the whole idea behind how they can use saliva to learn how each other is feeling or thinking. From the overall feel and gleaning over some of the comments, I can say I like where they are going with the subject matter.

Still kind of feel weird during the saliva exchange scenes though...
Apr 15, 2012 9:56 PM

Jul 2008
Certainly one of the quirkiest shows I've seen, but interesting none the less. I'll be waiting for more ....
Apr 15, 2012 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
zensunni said:
Now, now... There's no need to bash someone for expressing their honest opinion, no matter how misguided it may be. Of course, stating that an aspect of the story is "just plain stupid" is asking for people to attack you, so this poster could be trolling, but somehow, I thik they are just not very good at expressing themselves tactfully. Saying something like "The scissors thing didn't really do anything for me, would be a more polite way to phrase it.

Now, onto my counter-argument: @JoshSalas - you realize this is a supernatural genre show, right? MGX involves things that defy the laws of nature, and Urabe is supposed to be a complete enigma, an oddball that doesn't act like other girls in any way shape or form.

If you stick around and accept Urabe's little eccentricities in the same manner in which she expects Tsubaki to:

If you do, I expect you will find what readers of the manga have known for a while: Mysterious Girlfriend X is one of the finest romances around. It covers the aspect of romance that is usually ignored by most anime romances: building a relationship, learning about each other, and growing to truly cherish the person you are in love with.

I suppose it wasn't too tactful, although I still don't understand how anyone can argue that a girl carrying around scissors in her panties does anything other than give the show an excuse to have more panty shots. Even if you enjoy every other aspects of the show, I doubt anyone can honestly say 'she's carrying around scissors in her panties, what sheer genius!' I'm not questioning her ability with the scissors, because yes, crazy things can happen in supernatural, I'm questioning the (extremely lame, in my opinion) concept itself.

I hope you're right and the romantic developments do save this show, because right now it hasn't got much going for it.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 15, 2012 10:08 PM
Apr 2011
Yvese said:
And yea, their drool is their special bond as someone said earlier. It lets them feel the other persons feelings/thoughts which is pretty interesting.

So who is Urabe really? Is she some kind of a special person? A mind reader of feelings/thoughts via drool tasting? How does she know how Tsubaki feels? I don't buy the explanation she gave to Tsubaki.
Apr 15, 2012 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
Omniknight said:
I also don't see how liking Toradora is bad thing... It's one of the best romantic comedies.

Yeah, I apologize for possibly coming off as 'a blind hater'. Both those other guys who responded have some pretty awful favourites, but I refrained from trashing them because I know it's all subjective, haha.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 15, 2012 10:36 PM

Jul 2010
JoshSalas said:
Omniknight said:

Yeah, I apologize for possibly coming off as 'a blind hater'. Both those other guys who responded have some pretty awful favourites, but I refrained from trashing them because I know it's all subjective, haha.

I have to point out the you have three favorites in common with one of those two that were bashing you! LOL!

JoshSalas said:
I suppose it wasn't too tactful, although I still don't understand how anyone can argue that a girl carrying around scissors in her panties does anything other than give the show an excuse to have more panty shots. Even if you enjoy every other aspects of the show, I doubt anyone can honestly say 'she's carrying around scissors in her panties, what sheer genius!' I'm not questioning her ability with the scissors, because yes, crazy things can happen in supernatural, I'm questioning the (extremely lame, in my opinion) concept itself.

I hope you're right and the romantic developments do save this show, because right now it hasn't got much going for it.

Of course the panty scissors is an excuse for panty shots! The show is a seinen show with some eechi content, not shojo or shounen. But even more than an excuse for panty shots and cool looking sequences where her skirt is flipping through the air, it is to demonstrate the truly unique and mysterious nature of Mikoto Urabe. She can transmit emotions and bodily conditions through her drool, she sleeps in class, seems to have something against being hugged without warning, and carries scissors in her panties. There is no character like her anywhere in manga or anime!

Not to mention that she is not "traditionally" pretty, with eyes that could cut through your heart if she is angry and hair that usually covers her eyes, instead of being held back by a hair clip or something. But is still very aluring, and has a killer figure, too! She actually reminds me a lot of the Ally Sheedy character in The Breakfast Club in terms of looks, and I have always had a thing for her! :)

In short, Urabe is one of the most original leading ladies in anime and manga! That is something most shows can't say!

[EDIT: I hate this editor!]
zensunniApr 15, 2012 10:40 PM
Apr 15, 2012 10:40 PM

Mar 2012
zensunni said:
I have to point out the you have three favorites in common with one of those two that were bashing you! LOL!

I know haha, I was mostly referring to Madoka, which I thought was pretty average.

zensunni said:

Of course[/] the panty scissors is an excuse for panty shots! The show is a seinen show with some eechi content, not shojo or shounen. But even more than an excuse for panty shots and cool looking sequences where her skirt is flipping through the air, it is to demonstrate the truly unique and mysterious nature of Mikoto Urabe. She can transmit emotions and bodily conditions through her drool, she sleeps in class, seems to have something against being hugged without warning, and carries scissors in her panties. There is no character like her anywhere in manga or anime!

Not to mention that she is not "traditionally" pretty, with eyes that could cut through your heart if she is angry and hair that usually covers her eyes, instead of being held back by a hair clip or something. But is still very aluring, and has a killer figure, too! She actually reminds me a lot of the Ally Sheedy character in The Breakfast Club in terms of looks, and I have always had a thing for her! :)

In short, Urabe is one of the most original leading ladies in anime and manga! That is something most shows can't say!

I don't see the appeal, but to each their own. I happen to adore your avatar though, just finished watching that recently.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 15, 2012 11:31 PM

Mar 2011
LOL she can read your mind through your drool
The drool taste changes depend on the mood
She can be really scary
She is the master weapon of scissor
This show is so special in its own way
Apr 16, 2012 12:06 AM

Jul 2011
The first few minutes was quite slow but it just kept picking up as time passed. it was very interesting development where after having finally found a gf, Tsubaki doesn't feel like he's in a relationship. So he does something that i thought wasn't possible for male leads in high school romances by taking initiative steps to get closer to her.

Could have cost him though, Urabe was going to shear him a new one when he grabbed on to her. those parts where she was threatening him were hilarious. Her drool has telepathic properties and she can also transfer her feelings into it. I just wonder how this anime is going to out weird it self next week.
Apr 16, 2012 12:07 AM

Mar 2009
zensunni said:

mononoke is not princess mononoke

JoshSalas said:

typical etc. ヽ(´ー`)┌
Apr 16, 2012 1:37 AM

Jan 2011
Good episode...and urabe was cute as fucking hell when she blushed after knowing what the boy dreamed. Doujin-Artists...get to work!
Apr 16, 2012 1:53 AM

Feb 2012
MC sure wants to bang.
Apr 16, 2012 2:35 AM

Mar 2010
This is getting really weird.
I don't really know how to feel about it anymore...:/

Apr 16, 2012 5:48 AM

Jun 2009
audiodoll said:
grandy_UiD said:
Ah man, her voice is pissing me off.

somebody's got bad taste

Someone can't deal with other people's opinions.
Apr 16, 2012 6:40 AM

Aug 2010
This is getting really interesting, I had no idea what she would do with Tsubaki-kun in the abandoned building. I also understand why she is often depicted with scissors at least. 4/5, good episode.
Apr 16, 2012 7:09 AM

Mar 2011
HI-MI-TSU!

great episode and that ending :)

Apr 16, 2012 7:41 AM

Jul 2010
audiodoll said:
zensunni said:

mononoke is not princess mononoke

Oops, yep, I mis-read that... Well, 2 out of the OP's 4 is still pretty high agreement...
Apr 16, 2012 9:51 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
zensunni said:

As am I. I was a little put off by the implication the other poster made, but figured responding would just cause more trouble that it was worth.
Apr 16, 2012 10:26 AM
Aug 2011
I wasn't planning to watch this because the synopsis was repulsive. The drool thing made me sick as I expected, if I only watched episode 1 I would have dropped it without a second chance. Its a good thing I watched both episodes now, on a whim.
Panties + Scissors = Dafuq
4/5
Apr 16, 2012 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
LOL that dream ! :D
Apr 16, 2012 11:27 AM

Aug 2011
Watched the first 2 episodes of the anime, then got curious, so i went and read thru all the manga i could find on it..., and all i can say is that while the first 2 episodes of the anime were entertaining and good..., the manga was extremely boring and dragged on and on..., so as for the anime i no longer have any hopes of it being good or entertaining..., i might watch it out or just drop it..., cuz if the manga was really tht boring (2 years and no progress whatsoever) the anime isnt gonna be anything better..., just my 2 cents!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Apr 16, 2012 11:58 AM

Jul 2011
omg lol, "when we finally do it, i won't be wearing a weird doll in my head!!!"

the drool power is fascinating!
Apr 16, 2012 12:14 PM

Feb 2008
Naxrrhid said:
Watched the first 2 episodes of the anime, then got curious, so i went and read thru all the manga i could find on it..., and all i can say is that while the first 2 episodes of the anime were entertaining and good..., the manga was extremely boring and dragged on and on..., so as for the anime i no longer have any hopes of it being good or entertaining..., i might watch it out or just drop it..., cuz if the manga was really tht boring (2 years and no progress whatsoever) the anime isnt gonna be anything better..., just my 2 cents!

unfortunately situatinal comedy (friends, sienfield), sells more for less, whereas romance ends when the characters get together... thats why boku wa tomodachi ga sukenai, the world god only knows, and toradora, and the meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya were all popular... good settings, not good romance, sells more.
Apr 16, 2012 12:22 PM

Aug 2011
LonerGoth said:
Naxrrhid said:

unfortunately situatinal comedy (friends, sienfield), sells more for less, whereas romance ends when the characters get together... thats why boku wa tomodachi ga sukenai, the world god only knows, and toradora, and the meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya were all popular... good settings, not good romance, sells more.

thank god i watch this for free! lol would never spend a cent on something like this!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Apr 16, 2012 12:30 PM

Mar 2009
grandy_UiD said:
audiodoll said:
grandy_UiD said:

somebody's got bad taste

somebody still has bad taste
Apr 16, 2012 1:03 PM

Dec 2009
LOL HI-MI-TSU! ;)

Pantsu shots galore in this episode, I got a boner, or not.

3/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 16, 2012 2:59 PM

Mar 2012
audio's just straight trollin'.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 16, 2012 4:37 PM

Sep 2011
zensunni said:

Oops, yep, I mis-read that... Well, 2 out of the OP's 4 is still pretty high agreement...
Which means pretty much nothing.

Oh look at me, I'm implying things.

JoshSalas said:
audio's just straight trollin'.

I can admit my taste is shit.
DigglettApr 16, 2012 5:36 PM
[center]
Apr 16, 2012 6:15 PM

Jun 2009
Been so long since I've read the manga so that scene about Urabe saying if she were to do that, she wouldn't wear a doll on the head made me laugh hard.

Anyway, great episode and adaptation so far.
Apr 16, 2012 11:15 PM

Jun 2009
audiodoll said:
grandy_UiD said:
audiodoll said:
grandy_UiD said:

somebody's got bad taste

Someone's a moron? Yes, definitely.
Apr 16, 2012 11:29 PM
Aug 2011
I wished we would have opened his eyes. And w ho would even get a boner for seeing her pantsu? Because that is so wrong.

audiodoll said:
grandy_UiD said:
audiodoll said:
grandy_UiD said:

somebody's got bad taste

Lol, I stand in between. Her voice isn't bad, its kind of srange or weirdishly unique , but not exactly good either.
Apr 16, 2012 11:38 PM

Oct 2010
Nothing special, a bunch of panties and ass shots not to mention fan service sexing up from the manga.

I just want to find out where are they and how far they are going to idealize the drool. Like in this episode they showed it can make you feel each other in feelings going as far as dreams.

Fan Service wise (NSFW):
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/04/nazo-no-kanojo-x-episode-2.html
pretty much. My BLOG contains hentai stuff.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 17, 2012 9:38 AM

Aug 2008
Never read the manga, but does anyone think Urabe is cheating on Tsubaki with Kouhei? And that is why he gave the movie tickets away and that's why Urabe already had plans on Sunday.
Apr 17, 2012 10:01 AM

Jul 2010
Dangerthirdwheel said:
Never read the manga, but does anyone think Urabe is cheating on Tsubaki with Kouhei? And that is why he gave the movie tickets away and that's why Urabe already had plans on Sunday.

Nope. Never thought of it. Of course, the manga doesn't have him getting the tickets from Ueno. The scenes with him talking with Ueno are anime only. I liked them and thought they added depth to the story, but they are new. There are plenty of panels in the manga with him and Ueno talking at the soda machine, but not until later chapters...

Not really "spoilers" but information about what chapters seem to be in the next episode and such:
Apr 17, 2012 11:17 AM

Jul 2010
Mysterious girlfriend indeed. Their drool bond can even exchange dreams now? He missed something great by keeping his eyes closed though. But maybe for the better. xD

Apr 17, 2012 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
Such a weirdo. Go find yourself a normal girl dude.
i don't know if am gonna watch this for long because it' getting kind of disgusting.
I do wonder though how a publisher accepted the idea of a romance based on drool in the first place. ,
Apr 17, 2012 4:59 PM
Sep 2011
Monad said:
i don't know if am gonna watch this for long because it' getting kind of disgusting.
I do wonder though how a publisher accepted the idea of a romance based on drool in the first place. ,

Normal girl? I'd much rather the chick who is so willing to share her saliva with me.
Apr 17, 2012 6:51 PM

Nov 2011
I think the series has started really well. I thought it was really sweet when Tsubaki wrote 1000 points for Urabe in his notebook right in front of his classmates. The drool stuff is pretty weird, but it's an intriguing kind of weird. And I'm really interested in this crazy relationship Tsubaki and Urabe have got going.

Also, I kind of wish people would leave talk of the manga out of the thread. I feel like I'm in some sort of spoiler minefield here - some of the manga posts might not be spoilers, but I really don't want to take that chance.
Apr 17, 2012 6:55 PM
Dec 2009
The scissor panty is completely dumb. Rest is good though.
Apr 17, 2012 7:38 PM

Aug 2011
Monad said:

my advice to you would be to drop it now, cuz they are not gonna make any progress pass drool..., 2 years have gone past in the manga, and they still havent held hands.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Apr 17, 2012 7:43 PM

Nov 2011
^See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. It might be a small spoiler to you, but it still just spoiled something in the anime that I wouldn't have immediately guessed. You could've made exactly the same point without the manga comment.
Apr 17, 2012 8:21 PM

Mar 2009
everyone should know by now that the anime is going to have an anime-original ending
Apr 17, 2012 10:24 PM

Feb 2012
Naxrrhid said:
Monad said:

my advice to you would be to drop it now, cuz they are not gonna make any progress pass drool..., 2 years have gone past in the manga, and they still havent held hands.

wtf man spoiler that shit
Apr 18, 2012 12:50 AM

Mar 2012
I am seriously hoping that this relationship develops past drool, but i guess it doesn't really matter because i've already become sucked into this anime >.>
Apr 18, 2012 3:29 AM

Jun 2008
greedSC said:
Naxrrhid said:
Monad said:

wtf man spoiler that shit

Well actually i think this time he helped us all. Not much of a spoiler ether if you think about it, it's not like he told you what events happen(although it seem the only events happening will be drool exchange).

Anyway if that is how the manga is after 2 years i wonder how it still has readers. Japanese are fucking weird.
Apr 18, 2012 4:02 AM

Dec 2009
Pretty funny ending. I also thought that doll tied to her head was pretty weird.

It made for a good laugh though.
Apr 18, 2012 6:23 AM

Oct 2010
So bizarre but like it!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2012

121 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 2, 2012

82 by Aoboba »»
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 30, 2012

176 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 14, 2:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.