Apr 13, 2012 7:26 AM

Feb 2008
Spotlight Anime: Ookiku Furikabutte

MAL Anime Information Page: Ookiku Furikabutte

MAL Score – 8.28 (by 6686 users)
Ranked - #205
Popularity - #846

Original Spotlight thread: Ookiku Furikabutte

For the next two weeks I would like to have a discussion about the anime that focuses on the key elements that we here on MAL use to critically rate an anime: Animation, Sound, Characters, Story, and Enjoyment.

I would like everyone to approach this thread as if you were going to write a review and structure your initial post like this:

Animation - insert rating
Sound - insert rating
Characters - insert rating
Story - insert rating
Enjoyment - insert rating

Animation - discuss any pros and cons of the animation styling used in the series, try to include some specifics.

Sound - describe any of the things you liked or didn't care for in regards to the music and sound effects used in the series

etc...

If you are having trouble writing up a review or coming up with specific pros and cons, please don't worry. Just do the best you can with it and if you can only write two or three sentences about any of the 5 elements then that's OK. Not everyone here is currently at a level which will allow them to articulate their thoughts and opinions.

After your initial post is made you can feel free to civilly discuss issues of contention. I am sure there will be many opinions expressed here that some of us will disagree upon and criticise and it is for that reason that this entire club exists. So I hope everyone has fun and I am really looking forward to watching this discussion unfold.

*Due to voting rule changes, this series is available for nomination again.
RESULTS OF THE RESURRECTION POLL

Ookiku Furikabutte was PERMANENTLY barred from induction into the club Anime list:
16 Yes - 59.2%
11 No - 40.7%

37 Don't know this anime - 57.8% of the total number polled
0 Abstained - 0.0% of the total number polled

Resurrected You Decide results:

Ookiku Furikabutte (Anime) (24/10/21)
- Yes: 2
- No: 5
- Haven't Watched: 36
~ Abstained: 2

- 28.57%
HiroM_Dec 31, 2021 5:50 AM
You do not beg the sun for mercy.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 13, 2012 12:55 PM

May 2010
Most boring show I've seen, granted I've seen the great works of Adachi before this.

Animation was so-so, characters are bland and boring. The main character annoys me to no end.

There were no soundtracks if I recall.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 29, 2012 9:41 AM

Dec 2007
People in the comments were saying we should say more on this spotlight, so here are all the reasons why I absolutely detested this series.

I've learned the rules of baseball in anime and I never watched a real life game of baseball. It's not played at all in my country and I could not care less. To be very honest, we do not need half a dozen of episodes dedicated to every tiny movement or lame strategy of a kids game that does not matter for any relevant competition. Aim for the damn Koshien or don't make an anime about it.

The characters were the most annoying and ugly thing ever. After seeing so much slash art between the characters, they all come out as kids with a runny nose without any kind of depth besides crying for no apparent reason. The main character, especially, had not anything for us to grab unto. Completely lacked a spine, blood cells, a functional brain and other important biological items.

The cutesy art was an absolute turn-off. What is this, cute boys doing cute things? But they are not even cute!

The OP was good and that's about it.

I hatedhatedhatedhated this, hate the fanbase, hate everyone who likes it and hate this. That is all.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The End of Critics and Connoisseurs

HiroM_ - Dec 31, 2022

31 by danz »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:08 AM

» Challenge You Decide: Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (Anime) (1/1)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

44 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» You Decide: Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

42 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» Resurrected You Decide: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

47 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:09 PM

» Blue N Rescue Mission: Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

24 by Dramaddict »»
Dec 28, 2022 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.