MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Manga issue (spoiler)
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Jormungand »» Manga issue (spoiler)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: Approve of Fan Service in this series?
Yes
 
19 65.52%
No
 
10 34.48%
Voters: 29

#1
04-12-12, 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
According to my sources (NSFW):
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=698739
there is a Koko x Jonah love relationship. Whether it's OK or not is questionable. Morally not since he is a kid and she is adult. However the situation is rather a deadly one that is hard to assess whether morals or ethics will have jack shit at all anything as a whole a arms dealing environment. In a family environment or social OK but in this series not sure.

Jonah losing his family, would be nice if he makes one of deadly future kids with her but I am not sure of any of this. It's hot perhaps and perhaps disgusting for some. So.......................
.................That being said what are your fears it will be integrated despite being censored in this series? What are your views and opinions?


I will start, I think they should give out minimal fan service of Koko's body. I mean I do want to see Koko's body naked for its pale skin as being one factor but on the other hand I think NO FAN SERVICE should be done in this series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#2
04-12-12, 2:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 389
Koko is a bizarre character that's for sure. Throughout the manga she treasures and teases Jonah, but this the first time I've seen it get this serious. It's not surprising though since they do have a weird relationship throughout the story. I guess the main theme of the manga pretty much IS the relationship between Koko and Jonah. It's kinda indicated that he's her reason for living towards the end of the story. Knowing he's alive keeps her from completely losing her soul.

Well I'm personally not bothered by this scene nor would I be sad to see it censored a bit. Removing it completely might take some of the depth out of the story. Not sure how important it is though since the manga is not translated to this point in my recollection.

Is nudity always fan service? I'm completely cool with stylish censors (No light beams or darkening plz), but if they make nudity in the scene casual I don't see a problem. There are quite a few other adult scenes in this series anyway.
Modified by Llama765, 04-12-12, 2:32 PM
 
#3
04-12-12, 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
Llama765 said:
Koko is a bizarre character that's for sure. Throughout the manga she treasures and teases Jonah, but this the first time I've seen it get this serious. It's not surprising though since they do have a weird relationship throughout the story. I guess the main theme of the manga pretty much IS the relationship between Koko and Jonah. It's kinda indicated that he's her reason for living towards the end of the story. Knowing he's alive keeps her from completely losing her soul.

Well I'm personally not bothered by this scene nor would I be sad to see it censored a bit. Removing it completely might take some of the depth out of the story. Not sure how important it is though since the manga is not translated to this point in my recollection.

Is nudity always fan service? I'm completely cool with stylish censors (No light beams or darkening plz), but if they make nudity in the scene casual I don't see a problem. There are quite a few other adult scenes in this series anyway.
I agree with you except I get the feeling the anime is going more for gun blazing and killings. Not sure if the meaning of Jonah x Koko will be out but it seems it already is. Perhaps by S2 this might be in or it might not. So I though depending on the initial sales of the 1st BD.

That being said I wonder what other serious adult situations I should be aware. It would be good for non manga readers do do not care of spoilers such as me to know ahead from people that know like you of what to expect of that in future episodes.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#4
04-12-12, 4:17 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2957
It will most certainly be in S2 considering they are animating all 11 volumes. S1 will probably end with Valmet's arc, so there'll be room for this scene.

Though I don't really see Koko's and Jonah's relationship to be anywhere close to a romantic one. It's more like a brother/sister or mother/son type of relationship. Koko took Jonah in for emotional support, but it was never explained what would happen if Jonah died. It was just stated that it was the perfect way to "tame" Koko, while R said that Jonah's death would break Koko and possibly turn her into a monster.

Jonah's basically the lock to her insanity. If the lock breaks, it'll all spill out.

It's possible that she might harbor some type of feelings for him, but it's very likely not that of love.

As for the fanservice bit....Valmet provides that much with her boobs.
Modified by sarroush, 04-12-12, 4:20 PM
 
#5
04-12-12, 4:20 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 48313
Hmm, I thought Koko sees him as a brother? She even mentioned it during a scene in the first episode.

I might check out the manga soon to confirm.

And yes, if this is true, it will probably be season 2 that airs later fall this year
 
#6
04-12-12, 5:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
sarroush said:
It will most certainly be in S2 considering they are animating all 11 volumes. S1 will probably end with Valmet's arc, so there'll be room for this scene.

Though I don't really see Koko's and Jonah's relationship to be anywhere close to a romantic one. It's more like a brother/sister or mother/son type of relationship. Koko took Jonah in for emotional support, but it was never explained what would happen if Jonah died. It was just stated that it was the perfect way to "tame" Koko, while R said that Jonah's death would break Koko and possibly turn her into a monster.

Jonah's basically the lock to her insanity. If the lock breaks, it'll all spill out.

It's possible that she might harbor some type of feelings for him, but it's very likely not that of love.

As for the fanservice bit....Valmet provides that much with her boobs.
Yeah! VALMET! I was thinking the yuri aspect could be maximized. I am sure people will love that more considering Valmet is muscular more than anything.
Stark700 said:
Hmm, I thought Koko sees him as a brother? She even mentioned it during a scene in the first episode.

I might check out the manga soon to confirm.

And yes, if this is true, it will probably be season 2 that airs later fall this year
That part is not translated I think. And 2, the way she kissed him looks to me intimate to say the least. Don't you both think so? Jonah on the other hand might think of it as a love of a sister that is deep. I am not sure.

I know Koko is LOCO so who knows what she think of it. We can see as not moral but to her all is FUCK THAT. She thinks of it this way as something of a deep family bonding.

Can't wait to see, cause the context will be more important than the visuals even if nipples/breasts would be there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#7
04-12-12, 5:46 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 48313
Yumekichi11 said:
sarroush said:
It will most certainly be in S2 considering they are animating all 11 volumes. S1 will probably end with Valmet's arc, so there'll be room for this scene.

Though I don't really see Koko's and Jonah's relationship to be anywhere close to a romantic one. It's more like a brother/sister or mother/son type of relationship. Koko took Jonah in for emotional support, but it was never explained what would happen if Jonah died. It was just stated that it was the perfect way to "tame" Koko, while R said that Jonah's death would break Koko and possibly turn her into a monster.

Jonah's basically the lock to her insanity. If the lock breaks, it'll all spill out.

It's possible that she might harbor some type of feelings for him, but it's very likely not that of love.

As for the fanservice bit....Valmet provides that much with her boobs.
Yeah! VALMET! I was thinking the yuri aspect could be maximized. I am sure people will love that more considering Valmet is muscular more than anything.
Stark700 said:
Hmm, I thought Koko sees him as a brother? She even mentioned it during a scene in the first episode.

I might check out the manga soon to confirm.

And yes, if this is true, it will probably be season 2 that airs later fall this year
That part is not translated I think. And 2, the way she kissed him looks to me intimate to say the least. Don't you both think so? Jonah on the other hand might think of it as a love of a sister that is deep. I am not sure.

I know Koko is LOCO so who knows what she think of it. We can see as not moral but to her all is FUCK THAT. She thinks of it this way as something of a deep family bonding.

Can't wait to see, cause the context will be more important than the visuals even if nipples/breasts would be there.


Manga, here I come.

 
#8
04-12-12, 6:06 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2957
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah! VALMET! I was thinking the yuri aspect could be maximized. I am sure people will love that more considering Valmet is muscular more than anything.


There is a high chance that the yuri aspect can or might be maximized, though Volume 11 isnt out yet and I havent seen the raws for 9 & 10.
I say there's a high chance because during Valmet's arc, Koko was uncertain of her relationship with Valmet.
She said in chapter 33 ;
Lehm tells her to not finish that sentence out loud, so who knows.

The italics are what she's thinking. She never finished the sentence so who knows.

As for the kiss, who knows. It could have been impulsive, or in a joking manner. It IS the unexpected Koko we're talking about here. The woman confuses me to no ends. She probably might be filling the void of lack of family intimacy since she's never been close to her brother or parents. So gropping and nuzzling Valmet's breasts and kissing Jonah like that might just be acts of bonding to her.
Modified by sarroush, 04-12-12, 6:09 PM
 
#9
04-12-12, 6:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
sarroush said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah! VALMET! I was thinking the yuri aspect could be maximized. I am sure people will love that more considering Valmet is muscular more than anything.


There is a high chance that the yuri aspect can or might be maximized, though Volume 11 isnt out yet and I havent seen the raws for 9 & 10.
I say there's a high chance because during Valmet's arc, Koko was uncertain of her relationship with Valmet.
She said in chapter 33 ;
Lehm tells her to not finish that sentence out loud, so who knows.

The italics are what she's thinking. She never finished the sentence so who knows.

As for the kiss, who knows. It could have been impulsive, or in a joking manner. It IS the unexpected Koko we're talking about here. The woman confuses me to no ends. She probably might be filling the void of lack of family intimacy since she's never been close to her brother or parents. So gropping and nuzzling Valmet's breasts and kissing Jonah like that might just be acts of bonding to her.
I will agree with you with a taste left of wanting to see and see the development of the anime. Thanks for all the info.

Certainly Koko lacks love from family. Also I want to know will her past be revealed?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
04-12-12, 6:49 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2957
Yumekichi11 said:

Certainly Koko lacks love from family. Also I want to know will her past be revealed?


As of now (volume 8), it hasn't been. You just know that she's not on good terms with her father. Her relationship with her brother is sort of average. They aren't very close, but they arent enemies either. I'm hoping she gets a development arc like with Valmet & R. Will have to wait and see. Hopefully I can find the raws for 9-11. If not, I'll be buying 9 once its out over here in June.
 
04-12-12, 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
sarroush said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Certainly Koko lacks love from family. Also I want to know will her past be revealed?


As of now (volume 8), it hasn't been. You just know that she's not on good terms with her father. Her relationship with her brother is sort of average. They aren't very close, but they arent enemies either. I'm hoping she gets a development arc like with Valmet & R. Will have to wait and see. Hopefully I can find the raws for 9-11. If not, I'll be buying 9 once its out over here in June.
OK, then post here ASAP as you get the info.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
04-13-12, 3:18 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2957
Found volume 9.

Nothing really happens in terms of Valmet development or yuri dev aside from Koko grabbing Valmet from the side and somewhat nuzzling her boobage.


You do see a bit of Lehm's, Wilee's & Lutz's past together. Chequi used to work for Koko, probably temporarily from what I'm seeing. And then some of Koko's past with the Doctor. And then in the last pages, in the omake, Lo, Koko, the Doctor (I cant remember her name), and Chequi are playing Mahjong and they end up talking about Valmet's breasts.

And for some reason Myld & Lo beat each other up.

I cba to sit down and try translating. With my knowledge of Kanji and Hiragana this would take way too long.

The rest is just them doing their job.

Apparently Volume 10 ends with a cliffhanger. It would be great if I could find it.

This is from Volume 2. Just find it cute.
Modified by sarroush, 04-14-12, 5:33 AM
 
04-16-12, 6:33 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2957
I found Volume 10.

The bath scene is there. Honestly doesn't feel romantic to me. That aside....
The end truly is a cliffhanger.
 
04-23-12, 10:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 572
Oh gawd , screw cliffhanger endings
 
04-24-12, 12:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
I see you all, thanks for the infos. Keep them coming. Why did the betrayal happen?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
04-24-12, 5:15 AM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2957
Not sure. On the last page, I can only translate Jonah's first and last lines since I can't seem to remember the romanji for the first kanji. He says something around the likes of :
"That can't be true --------------------- Koko!"
Not sure what he says in the middle. And Koko just says "....Jonah?"
I'd translate the 1st page, what Koko says, but I cba ._.

Well, Vol 11 is out, so I'm trying to find it. Will update once I get it. Might end up just buying it online.
 
04-24-12, 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
sarroush said:
Not sure. On the last page, I can only translate Jonah's first and last lines since I can't seem to remember the romanji for the first kanji. He says something around the likes of :
"That can't be true --------------------- Koko!"
Not sure what he says in the middle. And Koko just says "....Jonah?"
I'd translate the 1st page, what Koko says, but I cba ._.

Well, Vol 11 is out, so I'm trying to find it. Will update once I get it. Might end up just buying it online.
THANKS! I see, so he finds out some shit are lies. UH OH O_O This could be bad to calm Jonah's anger. Kid is dangerous after all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
04-26-12, 4:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 572
I click yes without looking ............... how do I change my vote to a no ? =.=

...forget about it , my answer is a NO
 
04-26-12, 4:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 5081
A Anime series with no fanservice is not good for sales lol

I think Koko is just interested in seeing Jona's expression when she kiss him >.<
Jona is kinda lack of expression and it makes Koko wanna put some "color" into him.
 
04-26-12, 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
MorningGlory said:
A Anime series with no fanservice is not good for sales lol

I think Koko is just interested in seeing Jona's expression when she kiss him >.<
Jona is kinda lack of expression and it makes Koko wanna put some "color" into him.
I agree and I noticed that since of this episode. I mean why else in the middle of fight kiss? Right buddy?

Even is they have sex, if boy happy and can live better because he lost so much then maybe better. Is no question no more of morals. Even Kant would argue of this because happiness factor high.

What do you think?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices