MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Eureka Seven AO Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Eureka Seven AO »» Eureka Seven AO Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Eureka Seven AO Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

116 65.17%
4 out of 5: Liked it

38 21.35%
3 out of 5: It was OK

20 11.24%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 1.69%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.56%
Voters: 178

04-12-12, 10:53 PM

Opps i totally forgot to ask this but does anyone know what happened to Renton?

04-12-12, 10:53 PM

BRSxIgnition said:
If you go back and watch the end of Eureka Seven again, you will see that

Dang, I totally did not remember that... hmmm rewatch time XD

04-12-12, 10:57 PM

What and Awful first episode, nothing made a lick of god damn sense, It just threw a whole bunch of characters on screen, and didn't bother flushing out a single one of them, We know next to nothing about our main character. Their throwing around all this technobable and vocabulary they don't bother explaining and the story is already revolving around the Scrub Coral... What the actual fuck.

Did these people forget they where the same people who made the first series?

In the original the whole first episode was just about getting to know Renton, we don't know a damn thing about AO other then he ran from explosions, and he's possibly related to Eureka and the other girl she's psychic I guess or some thing..... that's fucking it.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

04-12-12, 11:01 PM

Jigero said:
What and Awful first episode, nothing made a lick of god damn sense, It just threw a whole bunch of characters on screen, and didn't bother flushing out a single one of them, We know next to nothing about our main character. Their throwing around all this technobable and vocabulary they don't bother explaining and the story is already revolving around the Scrub Coral... What the actual fuck.

Did these people forget they where the same people who made the first series?

In the original the whole first episode was just about getting to know Renton, we don't know a damn thing about AO other then he ran from explosions, and he's possibly related to Eureka and the other girl she's psychic I guess or some thing..... that's fucking it.

Someone's angry. Also: "What an awful" not "What and Awful"

This series is less than half the length of the original. And how many other series do you know of that explains every character in detail on the very first episode?

Durarara and Baccano both had more characters than this, and didn't explain them all on the first episode. Also, all of the technobabble you're talking about related heavily to the original series - so go watch that if you need to again.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To

04-12-12, 11:23 PM

As a 'hater' of the original (according to some), I liked this episode. Ao isn't as annoying as Renton or as boring as Eureka, but a little dull. In typical Eureka Seven fashion, tons of terminology and info dumping is the norm. I have to rewatch this later so I can remember all of the terms. I'm just glad we won't be spending any episodes on Ao and Naru's relationship, they're already a couple! Whew, you're doing good so far Bones!

3/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE

04-12-12, 11:31 PM

BRSxIgnition said:

oh noes you caught me an easily common typo MY WHOLE ARGUMENT IS FALLING APART!

This series is less than half the length of the original. And how many other series do you know of that explains every character in detail on the very first episode?

There is 24 episodes they have plenty of time

How about actually learning some thing about our main character other then "he's a person and he does things" Because that seriously all we know from this episode.

Here is every thing we learned about Renton in the first episode of the Original.

He's learning to become a Mechanic
He loves Lifting but is not very good at it
He's not very popular in school
His father was in the military but died.
He was raised by his sister who is missing
He looks up to his sister.
He's a huge fan of the Geckko state Team and Rayout
He lives with his Grandfather.
He's dissatisfied with his life.
He likes LFOs
etc etc

So tell me what do we know about AO, the main character of the series, just from the first episode?

Lives with an old guy I guess is a doctor
Possibly related to Eureka

and that's it.

Also, all of the technobabble you're talking about related heavily to the original series - so go watch that if you need to again.

G-monster
FP
Scrub Burst (which I'm guess is a seventh swell because it looks like one, even though they don't say so)
Pied Piper
ECM
China-Japan
Spiritual Powers
ECU

none of these concepts or terms where in the first series, so no watching the first series wouldn't help you with any of this.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

04-12-12, 11:39 PM

As long as the characters from Eureka Seven are in it, I will watch. I think that the red-head turqoise eyed girl in the space ship is Dr. Bear, and the Gekko's doctor. I really wanna see Holland and Talho's kid. That was a real bummer not to see him/her at the end of Eureka Seven. I also wonder what happened to Linck, Maurice, and the other kid. I am gonna watch it for answers.
"It's over 900000000!!!!!" - Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)

04-12-12, 11:49 PM

Jigero said:
BRSxIgnition said:

How about actually learning some thing about our main character other then "he's a person and he does things" Because that seriously all we know from this episode.

Here is every thing we learned about Renton in the first episode of the Original.

He likes LFOs
etc etc

So tell me what do we know about AO, the main character of the series, just from the first episode?

and that's it.

Also, all of the technobabble you're talking about related heavily to the original series - so go watch that if you need to again.

G-monster
FP
Scrub Burst (which I'm guess is a seventh swell because it looks like one, even though they don't say so)
Pied Piper
ECM
China-Japan
Spiritual Powers
ECU

none of these concepts or terms where in the first series, so no watching the first series wouldn't help you with any of this.

not every first episode has to explain the main character that detailed and sometime it's better and more exciting to know your character background,etc bit by bit episode by episode.

04-12-12, 11:57 PM

It's hard to say if this will ruin the series, I'm hoping it won't.

04-13-12, 12:08 AM

Hmm...makes me wonder if Ao's mother is Eureka or not.

Either way, this is MUST watch!

04-13-12, 1:06 AM

A pretty underwhelming episode.
I guess I expected too much, like a Seven Swell or something like that.

04-13-12, 1:31 AM

tailsxyakumo said:
Hmm...makes me wonder if Ao's mother is Eureka or not.

I think its safe to say its all but confirmed that Renton and Eureaka are his parents.

04-13-12, 2:16 AM

Jigero said:

He likes LFOs
etc etc

So you basicaly want half of the anime spoiled in the first ep ? Isn't the fact that we know jackshit about Ao interesting ?

Dude you seriously should drop this anime for your own good.

04-13-12, 3:26 AM

Don't blame him for want to know, but I don't like it spoiler too much, good we know slightly a bit from him but we will know main character until the end and I doubt this anime will end like 13 episodes.

Isn't that obviously that Renton & Eureka is AO parents?
AO is like the new hope to so save earth

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

04-13-12, 3:29 AM

Blackbird said:
Don't blame him for want to know, but I don't like it spoiler too much, good we know slightly a bit from him but we will know main character until the end and I doubt this anime will end like 13 episodes.

Isn't that obviously that Renton & Eureka is AO parents?
AO is like the new hope to so save earth

I like how AO is manly. Not a whiny kid like Renton + AO got a manlier voice :) But Renton did grow out of it.

As for people wondering about earth looking normal if u watched E7 ( SPOILERS HERE )

04-13-12, 4:24 AM

Actually surprised. I expected the first episode to be much worse. I'm glad though. Well there's probably a ton of episodes left but hopefully it can surpass it's predecessor and be amazing.

Oh yeah. AWESOME ED.
Modified by z4yd, 04-13-12, 4:31 AM

04-13-12, 4:25 AM

Is this pathetic or what.

Jigero said:
BRSxIgnition said:

Oh stop the drama, you lost already.

04-13-12, 4:48 AM

Jigero said:
BRSxIgnition said:

He likes LFOs
etc etc

and that's it.

G-monster
FP
Pied Piper
ECM
China-Japan
Spiritual Powers
ECU

From reading the manga, more of Ao's character will definitively be explained in the next 1 or 2 episodes. Also the series having mysterious concepts and terms are what make Eureka Seven, Eureka Seven. Imagine watching the first series knowing what every term meant from the get go.

See it like this... the fleshing out of characters is split up into more than one episode, WHICH ISN'T UNCOMMON The problem i think is the length of the chapter in the manga, i was actually hoping for a 50 minute pilot to cover the introduction to the series. So just be patient and learn about characters as the story goes on.

More to add to your Ao list for this episode
- He doesn't like it when stuff is mentioned about his parent not being around
- He's less whiny than Renton
- IFOs act strangely when he is around them
- Naru's father doesn't like him because of something his mother did in the past
- He want's to make up with Naru

SPOILER LIST of things about Ao for the next few episodes just for you.

DarthVantos said:
This show might become a real downer since it tossed the adventure concept of eureka 7.

Instead they are going for a evangelion type mecha, random mobs come for you and you protect the city blah blah. And next week its a different boss every time. I don't know what is going on here but all these sequels that stray too far from the original (blood-C,Last Exile) makes my head hurt. Always end up severely disappointed.

Don't give up on it yet... (although that G-monster thing did remind me of Angels from Evangelion)

Evidence of keeping the adventure aspect:
http://shinigamilist.com/2012/03/24/spring-anime-season-2012-preview-eureka-seven-ao-%E3%82%A8%E3%82%A6%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BB%E3%83%96%E3%83%B3-ao/
It mentioned about Ao's goal: "to save enough money to be able to leave (the island) in search for his long lost mother".
and also it mentions about him cooperating with "generation Blue", which from the reading the manga is most likely the name of the ship the lady with red hair and that old guy from the beginning are on during the episode.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know many sequels have failed to live up to the originals, and how you shouldn't get your hopes up and all that crap. But seriously guys have some faith...
Modified by CriticalFlaw, 04-13-12, 5:25 AM

04-13-12, 5:13 AM

Well, that was a whole bunch of god damn awesome. More questions than answers, and for a first episode that's honestly a good thing. It may be off-putting to get tons of shit thrown at your face with little to no explanation, but that's just one of those things that keeps me coming back for the remainder of the series. I don't think they would be dumb enough to NOT explain anything that went on, the show isn't being run by cats.

04-13-12, 5:28 AM

First episode was infinitely more interesting than Eureka Seven.

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices