Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2012 5:02 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hot damn that was a good chapter. Not only did it lay on the intrigue really thick, and bring up the whole thing with Josuke and Kira, but then there's Daiya. I love how they're playing with this... rather than making this a traditional stand battle ,they're making a game of it. Not to mention that California King Bed is a great stand. Although... that name. Seriously? You make a character obsessed with Yes and name their stand after a goddamn Rihanna song? Ugh.

At least Daiya is a great character. She's already got more personality than Narancia did.
Jun 15, 2012 6:54 AM

Jun 2009
Lookds like Josuke got himself a yandere GF, huh?

And doesn't 95% just mean they are blood related? I thought it would have to be at least 99% for them to count as the same person.
Nov 28, 2017 6:00 AM

Feb 2013
Daiya is kinda weird, but she is kawaii, dunno what's the point in getting his memory.
Lol, Kira and Josuke are the same person?
Apr 15, 2018 11:52 PM

Oct 2016
Daiya is a little rare character, poor Josuke, what are you gonna do now, my friend? And about Yasuho, it's strange the situation that she's going through, that woman in the floor was her mom i supose? and what about Josuke and Kira being the same person? Too much mistery and suspense!!
Jul 19, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
I just remembered that Norisuke Higashikata from SBR had two navels. So MAYBE if Josuke is somehow blood-related to him, this is the reason he has 4 testicles? Like, some sort of genetic mutation shared by a family?

Although I find it funny that this part's Jojo is Jojo just by coincidence (and, well, by his birthmark)

Regarding the chapter, I really like the mystery and the whole surrealistic setting, the characters too.
Aug 7, 2020 6:29 PM

Oct 2013
Daiya seemed so cute, but she turned out to be a yandere, similar to Yukako from Part 4.
Aug 10, 2020 11:46 AM
Jun 2017
So... now they are the same person? Great. This is totally not getting even more confusing. Not at all.
Jan 18, 2021 3:38 PM
Dec 2020
Josuke has Yoshikage's balls and also his DNA? Who is this Josuke??? Part 8 took the mystery aspect from Part 4 and turned it up to 11!
Aug 4, 2021 3:49 AM

Oct 2012
So, they're genetically the same... Guess this speaks for my fusion/unfusion theory. A clone would definitely be possible too, but that wouldn't explain the testicle thing, lol.

The stand battle is super weird. Taking memories if the enemy is... fussing over you? Or is it generally by not listening to a specific rule? And getting those memories back by letting the enemy step on your shadow. Super specific and absolutely not useful for battle, haha. But I'm curious to see how this "battle" will turn out.

I never really thought about it, but Araki used a VERY new songname for this stand. California King Bed just came out at around the same time as this chapter. I always assumed he used retro bands, but some of the manga parts are old enough that those songs and bands were still new at the time.
Aug 19, 2021 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
I decided for JoJolion to listen to the songs the Stands are named after. I never heard of California King Bed and I was stunned when I read it was named after a Rihanna song. I even stopped reading and checked the JoJo wiki to be sure of it. I like the song and all but damn, never expected something so modern from Araki.

Regardless, good chapter, really like the stuff with Yasuho and her home troubles, though they sort of pale in comparison to the weird Stand encounter Jo2uke finds himself tackling. Daiya had the best design of anyone in the Higashikata famiy and she's turned out to be a pretty interesting threat. I do enjoy how the Stand encounter here isn't a traditional battle.
Jan 29, 2022 4:41 AM

Nov 2020
Daiya is very cute but very strange, im interested in her stand.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 24, 2022 6:08 AM

Sep 2020
so daiya is yandere for jousuke and her stand has something to do with stealing memories, interesting

and yes jousuke and kira are the same person but looks like they each have their own will
Dec 16, 2022 1:15 PM
Jul 2021
This part is so confusing, what is even going on?
Jul 29, 2023 6:41 PM

Oct 2022
only smoothbrains cant understand what's going on, this is fire
Oct 7, 2023 4:31 PM
Apr 2020
What the hell happened to the injury on Daiya's leg?

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.