Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2008 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
Can anyone suggest any english-translated full-length visual novels preferably non-hentai, though a little is ok i guess... i just don't get turned on by that kind of stuff lol. Atm played through clannad, narcissu, true remembrance and some demos. Cheers.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 5, 2008 10:19 AM
Oct 2008
lol i dont know about other people but i dont support hentai in visual novels because they turn me on, if i wanted to watch anime sex then hentai videos are a much better source. I personally think the sex in many visual novels add to the relationship of the characters.

But anyways, Ever17 is a really well reputed non-hentai visual novel which is also translated. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and its sequel is apparantly popular. Havent played any of them myself but plan to play ever17. Many of the popular VN that are eroge also come in non-eroge forms. If u like Clannad, u might want to try Key's other popular works, such as Kanon and Air, which do have non-eroge releases but not sure if u can get that on PC.
Feb 11, 2009 11:09 PM

Jul 2008
I'd suggest Shigetsu Tsukihime. A lot of volence (but acceptable imo, due to story line) and somewhat hentai scenes. It's fully translated, and the english patch actually allows you to remove hentai scenes.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Mar 17, 2009 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
Well I recommend the Fate stay night Visual Novel. it is translated by mirror moon and it does not have much hentai in it and on top of that, it is censored. well it is one of the best visual novel besides tha X-change alternative. but that one is a hentai novel =P well the Fate stay night also have some ps2 games and an anime series (without hentai) and I recommend that you watch the anime after playing the VN
Mar 21, 2009 8:34 AM

Nov 2007
http://shii.org/translate/

Utaware is a decent srpg, and Tears of Tiara is by same company, though I heard the later wasn't as good as Utaware.

I would suggest all Key works (One, Air, Kanon, Clannad, Planetarian), not sure if Air iis fully translated in English though. Nitro+ ones are known for the gore and violence, which isn't really my type so I tend to avoid, but several of their works has been translated.

Several Studio E.Go games have been translated as well, though those focus more on gameplay and H more than the story itself.

If you really want to play more VN your only option is really to learn more Japanese (which I took for a year, and let me tell you now that playing games shouldn't be your sole motivation for learning the language). Usually only the most famous games get translated (unless there's a REALLY dedicated international fanbase). There's a lot of fan or official Chinese release too if that is your nationality.
Mar 23, 2009 12:19 PM

Dec 2008
No, Air is not still translated into English. Of those you named, only Clannad and Planetarian are fully translated.
As for my recommendations, I believe nothing can compare to Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night. But I still haven't played Clannad or Ever17..
Also, Brave Soul is a very good game for everyone who likes RPG with a little touch of hentai.. ^_^
Mar 23, 2009 5:08 PM

Apr 2008
Try Princess Waltz, I wrote a review about it here.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=74581
Apr 26, 2009 8:15 PM

May 2007
Shinkenshi said:
Several Studio E.Go games have been translated as well, though those focus more on gameplay and H more than the story itself.

M@W maybe, but Castle Fantasia sure not.

Castle Fantasia 2: Renewal had a very nice plot. It also has an english version, and you can choose to skip pron. (I think so)
Apr 28, 2009 12:17 AM

Aug 2008
Everyone in this club should play Fate/stay night if you haven't yet, and probably Saya no Uta. Two best VN's i've played so far with chaos;head not far behind.
Apr 28, 2009 3:10 AM

Apr 2008
Best recommended so far would be ever17 & tsukihime.

I have played tsukihime, gave it a 10/10. Kinda lazy to type my insights coz they're long xD

I haven't played ever17 but a lot of people recommend it.

Fate/Stay Night on the other hand is also a good VN, nothing short of type-moon. Tsukihime was created by type-moon too, and yeah I loved it.
Mar 6, 2010 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
I'd highly recommend KiraKira which was just recently translated into english and comes with the option to buy the h-version or the all ages version (from mangagamer.com). It is a great series about a small group of females and males who get together to create a band. It was fun.

Another series I would mention is Umineko no naku koro ni (when the seagulls cry). You can get the first two chapaters of this series for free to test out and then you can buy the game and patch it (pretty much done). Fun game even if the art style looks chunky.

I'd also recommend Galaxy Angels (recently translated). It is very similar to the anime with lots of comedic elements. Fun game.

Katawa Shoujo is a visual novel made by a small select formally from 4chan who created a game about disabled people. It isn't as bad as it sounds. There is a blind girl, legless girl, armless girl, burned girl, mute and deaf girl, and your best friend is harry potter with a feminist conspiracy while a male haruhi (suzumiya) and lelouch (code geass) sit in the background. Surprisingly a good game and they've done quite a lot for it already. No h as of the moment but the people were originally from 4chan so it will probably have in later acts.

Phantom of Inferno is another visual novel that is often completely forgotten about. Possibly for lack of great translation and for being censored in english release.

Also if you want to try a hentai visual novel then definitely check out yume miru kiru (drug that makes you dream). It is amazing and a good first h visual novel to try (especially if you liked clannad and others).
Mar 7, 2010 4:00 AM

Feb 2008
If I am not wrong I think the name of (a drug that makes you dream) is Yume Miru Kusuri in japanese. but yea that is indeed a great hentai novel
Mar 29, 2010 9:47 AM
Aug 2007
Fate/Stay Night is SOOO awesome... !

Chäos;HEAd is also cool :3

and of course higurashi no naku koro ni and umineko no naku koro ni
Mar 29, 2010 10:39 AM

Jun 2008
tasan said:
I'd also recommend Galaxy Angels (recently translated). It is very similar to the anime with lots of comedic elements. Fun game.

No, it has nothing to do with the anime except for the main characters (well the Angel Wings and that's all). But it's good game even if the story isn't that great.

I suggest Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo, one of the best VN I ever played.
Jun 15, 2010 1:10 AM

Sep 2009
Nothing new. I recommend all works of Key (One isn't Key's work it was made by Jun Maeda for his previous studio - Tactics), Minori and OverDrive. And of cause Ever 17(it's really the best of translated VN's)

If you don't oppose shojo-ai than I hardly recommend you Akai Ito and Aoi Shiro(but Akai Ito швы PS2 only and not fully translated yet)
Aug 31, 2010 10:52 PM

Aug 2010
Araya said:

I suggest Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo, one of the best VN I ever played.

seconded. it's freaking good. stellar. spectacular even. and I'd like to add, it has the best protagonist ever. sucks the storyline is mainly linear though. so replay value is close to zero. If you liked Clannad I'm fairly sure you'd like it since it has heart-warming, tear-jerking stories (although the overall story is completely different and more action. although i prefer that personally) it has hentai at the end. since it's at the end you don't even need to play through it. I don't like hentai either so yeah.

also recommend:

Ever-17 if you like sci-fi/mystery anyway. great storyline. best storyline IMO.
Symphonic Rain. play it for lise's route (and possibly the twist in torta's route in Al Fine) it's definitely worth it. draggy though in certain places (lise's route IMO doesn't drag, but the others, especially torta's do) but that's what ctrl is for!
disclaimer: i don't own any of the graphics/pictures.
Sep 22, 2010 10:31 AM
Aug 2007
Can someone please help me ?! I´m looking for a good Visual Novel that is in English translated (my japanese is not that good YET), that is kinda similar to Higurashi no naku koro ni. I love Visual Novels, that have mystery, horror and especially mystery murder. And I LOVE Yangire and Yandere heroines, I would be also happy, if you could recommend a VN to me, that has Yandere or Yangire or even both ! Also have Umineko and Chäos;HEAd. I also loved Fate/Stay Night btw.

Please help me >0<
Sep 23, 2010 2:11 PM

Sep 2009
It will be hard (impossible?) to beat Higurashi or Umineko, or even find something similar. And there are far too few Yanderes in translated VNs for my liking. :/ Well, enough complaining ;)
You can try:

Ever17 -the out of infinity- - for an interesting, multi-route, s-f mystery. It's not a horror though and it's mostly violence-free (and ero-free if that matters).

Cross†Channel - It looks like an ordinary, ecchi, school life comedy at first, but it has a good amount of mysteries later (murders included, it's not the main focus though). Also there are Yandere and Yangire heroines ^^. Not a horror too, more focused on drama.

Moon. - psychological thriller, with mystery, s-f, and horror elements and one of the most interesting protagonists I've seen so far. I think there was a Yandere somewhere too. It's more focused on characters than the mystery though. Also, it doesn't have the best graphics (it's an old game after all, shouldn't be a problem after Higurashi ^^), has some technical issues (like a very user-unfriendly map movement -.-'), and quite a bit of rape (ugh -.-''). Well, I still liked it despite all of that.

Hmm, there are two more, old VNs with detective/murder mystery elements that I have read. They are not the best however. You might enjoy them more than me, but keep your expectations low:

Critical Point - a long s-f VN with a lot of endings. It didn't captivate me, but it wasn't a pain to read either...

Divi-Dead - a potentially good mystery novel with some slight horror elements too. However, it has an issue with a map movement too (don't touch without a walkthrough), and the worst thing is a translation quality. It's hard to understand what's going on sometimes. -.-' It was a pain to play, but I found it a bit more interesting than the previous one.
Sep 25, 2010 3:12 AM
Aug 2007
Pabloc said:
It will be hard (impossible?) to beat Higurashi or Umineko, or even find something similar. And there are far too few Yanderes in translated VNs for my liking. :/ Well, enough complaining ;)
You can try:

Ever17 -the out of infinity- - for an interesting, multi-route, s-f mystery. It's not a horror though and it's mostly violence-free (and ero-free if that matters).

Cross†Channel - It looks like an ordinary, ecchi, school life comedy at first, but it has a good amount of mysteries later (murders included, it's not the main focus though). Also there are Yandere and Yangire heroines ^^. Not a horror too, more focused on drama.

I heard of Ever 17, and I rly wanna try it sometime ! And I already knew Cross Channel, but I didn´t read it ! So there are Yandere and Yangire Heroines ? :D Then I´ll try it, thank you so much !

Oh and no... I don´t rly care about ero content... well I don´t like it much, but I´m not opposed, if there IS ero content O:
Sep 25, 2010 10:14 AM
Mar 2010
-Sora- said:
Pabloc said:
You can try:

I heard of Ever 17, and I rly wanna try it sometime ! And I already knew Cross Channel, but I didn´t read it ! So there are Yandere and Yangire Heroines ? :D Then I´ll try it, thank you so much !

Oh and no... I don´t rly care about ero content... well I don´t like it much, but I´m not opposed, if there IS ero content O:

I would also recommend Ever17 and Cross†Channel, they seem to be what you're looking for, and they're two of my favorite VNs. And yes, Cross Channel does have yandere and yangire heroines. I would also recommend for you:

Swan Song: In my opinion, Swan Song is one of the best translated VNs out there. It's pretty short, but it's got a great dark story that's very powerful.

Saya no Uta: It's a great VN with elements of horror, mystery, and murder. It also has quite an interesting heroine...

Tsukihime: If you enjoyed Fate/Stay Night, this is pretty much a must play, also, the story involves unsolved murders. It's more drama oriented than Fate/Stay Night, and a bit darker in tone.
Sep 25, 2010 10:15 AM
Mar 2010
-Sora- said:
Pabloc said:
You can try:

I would also recommend Ever17 and Cross†Channel, they seem to be what you're looking for, and they're two of my favorite VNs. And yes, Cross Channel does have yandere and yangire heroines. I would also recommend for you:

Swan Song: In my opinion, Swan Song is one of the best translated VNs out there. It's pretty short, but it's got a great dark story that's very powerful.

Saya no Uta: It's a great VN with elements of horror, mystery, and murder. It also has quite an interesting heroine...

[http://vndb.org/v7]Tsukihime[/url]: If you enjoyed Fate/Stay Night, this is pretty much a must play, also, the story involves unsolved murders. It's more drama oriented than Fate/Stay Night, and a bit darker in tone.
May 18, 2011 4:47 AM

Sep 2009
For people who prefer detective stories hardly recommend G Senjou no Maou. It's a really good detective triller with romance line. True End is really good. Other endings are quite average but they were made just as bonus for people who somehow don't like main heroine.
Jul 26, 2013 4:49 AM

Feb 2008
Dangan Ronpa 1-2
Virtue's Last Resort - Zero's Escape
Phoenix Wright 1,2,3,4,5
Tsukihime
Chain - Lost Footprints
Saya no Uta

Relunx
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Where to get visual novels

rpgdiva - Feb 12, 2009

31 by Tulegen »»
Aug 29, 2021 2:28 PM

» What did you just finish playing? ( 1 2 )

Entropy - Jan 18, 2009

88 by Oneirophrenic »»
Jan 22, 2021 1:25 PM

» akane-iro ni somaru saka

en_____ - Nov 23, 2009

5 by Elnath1911 »»
Feb 8, 2016 8:41 PM

» Recommend a VN like Princess Evangile?

luniz123 - Aug 15, 2015

1 by luniz123 »»
Aug 15, 2015 10:13 PM

Sticky: » Visual Novels with Anime/Manga Adaptations

accela - May 16, 2008

27 by IommicDisciple »»
Dec 23, 2014 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.