Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
May 6, 2014 7:26 PM

Aug 2009
THank you for ignoring the plot and characters of two major,now, series.Next time another series appears with characters fighting to save the world and/or themselves, each with their personal reasons, we will ask you if we can put the word "content" next to it.
May 6, 2014 11:04 PM

Apr 2014
I'll have you know it's very hard to type with all those characters taking turns staring me down.

I know there was a semblance of a plot... like the bit with the guy who can't play violin anymore (I think it was violin). But jeez, it was so cliche and not fleshed out at all. Unless "things moving around" constitutes a plot, there was not much going on. There are worse shows, but this is the worst one I for some reason watched the entirety of.
May 6, 2014 11:20 PM

Aug 2009
My fault for expecting some kind of actual criticism.
Sep 20, 2015 6:23 AM
Sep 2015
spoilers:
Well in the anime it was considered slightly darker because:
- The fact when your first watching it you think its a cutesy anime and then unexpected bad things happened then people could consider it as dark or with a twist.
-Mimi died symbolizing that death was the fate of magical girls.
-kubi (incubator) knew that it was dangerous and eventually magical girls would turn into witches , because that was his plan all along so he could use them for his planets energy.
-In the begining of the anime they dont show u homura a actually knew all of them, because she time traveled many times to get the result she had gotten in that moment were madoka sacrificied her life to save all the magical girls from the fate of becoming witches.
I also advice you: to get the anime better you should watch the Madoka Magica Movie called Rebellion in my opinion it is much darker than the anime and it helps you better understand it. :3
polllolocoSep 20, 2015 9:33 AM
Sep 25, 2015 3:59 AM

Apr 2008
What's the big deal with Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica?
Whether it is a big deal depends on whether or not you are smarter than the main character. If you are smarter than the main character, than no later than after episode three, you will start to suspect that Homura may have had a good reason to warn Madoka about becoming a magical girl. When you get to episode ten, the remaining magical girls will go through so much shit that you will be practically fully convinced that Homura is trying to keep Madoka out of a shit hole, thus the big plot twist will fall flat on its face.
Lain666Sep 25, 2015 4:06 AM
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Mar 14, 2016 11:07 PM
Feb 2016
Imo to truly enjoy MSMM you have to really involve yourself in the series. Blankly watching the screen, you will probably only see a decent anime with shock value, and a decent plot. What you have to do to truly appreciate the anime is by constantly questioning it. When Sayaka is given the choice of saving her crush's future, THINK. Would I do that? Would I be guilty if I didn't? What are the implications if I did? Would I truly be happy if I did heal him/her? Would I truly be happy if I didn't heal him/her? Why? It really lets you explore your values by presenting interesting moral questions. The same can be done with almost everything in the series. When Kyubei talks about him "just" taking out the soul, you can question yourself what makes one a human, similar to Ghost in the Shell. This was a main reason I loved this anime. It posed so many provocative questions, it was hard not to be totally immersed.
Another reason this series was so great because it was a very good deconstruction of the Mahou Shoujo genre; the pain and suffering of losing "everyday life", thanklessly risking your life to save others, the overarching fear of every day being the last day to live... It presented all of this in a personal way that I think no other deconstruction has been able to do nearly as well.
Also, the series has BIG plot twists. Two of them. And they're pulled off successfully, adding to the plot whilst not making it overly confusing to viewers. That's a pretty big feat in itself.
Beautiful plot, moral dilemmas, pain and suffering, well intentions resulting in total shit, just the way life works. What more do you need to love an anime deeply?
Mar 25, 2016 8:20 PM

Nov 2013
It's dark, edgy with shocking deaths. That's all a show needs on this site, even if it has nothing else going for it.
Jun 10, 2016 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Lain666 said:
What's the big deal with Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica?
Whether it is a big deal depends on whether or not you are smarter than the main character. If you are smarter than the main character, than no later than after episode three, you will start to suspect that Homura may have had a good reason to warn Madoka about becoming a magical girl. When you get to episode ten, the remaining magical girls will go through so much shit that you will be practically fully convinced that Homura is trying to keep Madoka out of a shit hole, thus the big plot twist will fall flat on its face.

This one lol. Also, the show's intention was clear, rely on shock factors and twists for the progression of the plot with some meh characters(mami was there just for, that another shock). Maybe it's something different, but well I didn't find anything masterpiece in it.
May 30, 2017 8:00 PM
Feb 2015
I'm with you. I don't get it at all. Its just for people who expected the anime to be stereotypical magical girls anime., but it came out having a darker plot . That doesn't mean it's a good anime. And the rating doesn't explain the anime at all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1541 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.